IGNORED

Amy Jordan Duggar Jordan Duggar King Duggar Wedding Part 4 AKA Amy and Dillon King

samurai_sarah

On 3/17/2017 at 0:52 PM, halcionne said:

I'm pretty sure that's an old picture--I think I've seen it before. Like, at least a year ago.

I just went back through Amy's instagram and she originally posted this on February 6, 2014. So yes, definitely an old picture.

Going through her instagram really showed how little she appears to have seen her cousins (or at least posted about it) since before joshgate and before she got married. Back in 2014-ish, she was posting a lot of pictures with them and at the TTH. Now it's really only throwback pictures for birthdays.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't Amy suspected of being the "unnamed source close to the Duggars" during the scandals? Has that cost her access to the TTH

43 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Wasn't Amy suspected of being the "unnamed source close to the Duggars" during the scandals? Has that cost her access to the TTH

Amy and Dillon both were suspected as being unnamed sources. 

I don't think she's been banned from being with them entirely. She went to Missouri with her extended family in November last year. I think it's possible that they don't have her around much anymore, but it's also possible that she's just kind of drifted apart from her cousins a bit too. I mean, Amy has friends and a life that doesn't revolve completely around Jesus and her extended family. And her extended family have lives outside their relationships with Amy as well. 

I do think that she probably loves her Uncle, Aunt, and cousins very much - and that they love her in return. I also think it's likely that those relationships may be rather complicated as well. Family can be messy even without adding in reality television, fame, money, tabloids, scandals, and cults.

43 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

i don't think they ever liked her being around, i mean, amy's comment on IG spoke volumes. she said the only time she was allowed to interact with her cousins was on their terms. harsh.

then she spoke out about the josh stuff and then the stuff from marriage bootcamp or whatever? yeah, i'm gonna say she is B-A-N-N-E-D from the TTH.

I just went to her Instagram for the very first time ever, and ugh.  I feel like literally everything she posts is posted with the goal of marketing products/getting sponsorships/being sponsored.  I can't stand when semi-famous people do that. It's just incredibly irritating to me for some reason.  If I wanted to watch a commercial, I'd turn on the tv.  

So why could they forgive Smuggar for cheating, molesting, etc..... but not want Amy around for being a bad influence? 

1 hour ago, Mela99 said:

So why could they forgive Smuggar for cheating, molesting, etc..... but not want Amy around for being a bad influence? 

I don't think it's the bad influence thing.  It's really telling that when all the inside info was being shilled in the tabloids it was shortly after that the contact stopped or at least limited.  Jinger's wedding I'll give a pass since they were at an event that was scheduled a year earlier.  I'm more curious to see if she is at Joy's wedding.

1 hour ago, Mela99 said:

That's a good question; I guess it was more that they felt she betrayed their confidence. The situation was bad enough without tabloid leaks and maybe that put Amy at arm's length. I don't know what goes on in their heads though. 

34 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

I don't think it's the bad influence thing.  It's really telling that when all the inside info was being shilled in the tabloids it was shortly after that the contact stopped or at least limited.  Jinger's wedding I'll give a pass since they were at an event that was scheduled a year earlier.  I'm more curious to see if she is at Joy's wedding.

Amy and King Dill traveled to Missouri with the extended Duggar clan in late November - after Jinger's wedding. So I doubt she was cut off from her family completely or at all. It's probably a combination of factors.

26 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Amy and King Dill traveled to Missouri with the extended Duggar clan in late November - after Jinger's wedding. So I doubt she was cut off from her family completely or at all. It's probably a combination of factors.

But that was a one time deal, we haven't seen anything other than that one thing.  I still find it suspect to go from popping up from time to time to next to nothing.

She said they asked her not to post pictures of them on her instagram after the Josh cheating scandal so that may be why she's posting a lot less of them. She was at Jinger's shower and she met baby Henry so there's at least some contact.

We don't see much of the whole family any more so it makes sense we wouldn't see much of Amy. TLC may not want to pay her to be on the show either. 

7 hours ago, Pasta said:

We don't see much of the whole family any more so it makes sense we wouldn't see much of Amy. TLC may not want to pay her to be on the show either. 

here's the thing though, amy used to post a video of her pulling into the TTH driveway. never show inside, but it was obvious she was off to visit the duggars. this doesn't happen anymore. hasn't happened since jinger's wedding, actually...

9 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

She said they asked her not to post pictures of them on her instagram after the Josh cheating scandal so that may be why she's posting a lot less of them. She was at Jinger's shower and she met baby Henry so there's at least some contact.

It's absolutely possible that her Uncle and his family are pissed because they know or think she and Dill were the unnamed sources (and I wouldn't exactly blame them - as repugnant as they are, it is a breach of trust if Amy was responsible), but I think this is probably the most likely explanation. The Duggars pretty much locked down their online presences for a while after the scandals broke. It makes sense they would ask Amy or close friends to honor their wish for privacy. And TLC could also be playing a role here. They probably don't want photos leaking of events they filmed - like Jinger's wedding stuff - before the episodes air.

The bottom line is, Josh repented of his sins, so they're wiped clean.  If Amy said she didn't leak, and they don't believe her, she can never be forgiven, even if it wasn't here (and this, right here, is the huge flaw in their belief system - not as bad as all the reports over the years of sexual abusers getting off scott free, but their victims painted as the 'real' sinners as they wouldn't forgive and forget - that makes me SO angry)

Just recently Amy answered a comment on her instagram posting about her relationship with the Duggars. She said something like "our relationship is great, but everyone is really busy so we don't see each other as much" and also said she wouldn't comment on Josh's scandal at all. 

I think they are fine, but she has naturally grown more distant from them after she got married. 

• 4 weeks later...

Long-time reader here – hello, all! I hope I post this right...

Just wondering if anyone else saw Amy's Instagram Story? I laughed at the "50 million kiddos" line until I went on to imagine 50 million mini Jim Bobs running around...and I stopped laughing pretty quickly. Quelle horreur!

IMG_4326.thumb.jpg.45441084191511f333322862f5b00727.jpgIMG_4325.thumb.jpg.5e6dae5b79fa41043a2154b0171e8286.jpg

I'm not a big fan of Famy but that last comment of 50 million kiddos made me LOL!  I do wish the girls could listen to her just a little bit, while she's a fame seeker, she's also an example of conservative christian that isn't locked down to wifely duties and motherhood, or even Aunt Deanna. 

As though anyone, other than Amy and husband whose name I have already forgotten, cares if she is pregnant. Talk about looking for attention. 

4 minutes ago, socalrules said:

As though anyone, other than Amy and husband whose name I have already forgotten, cares if she is pregnant. Talk about looking for attention. 

That was my thought too. Guess she should have dropped the Duggar name earlier! :P 

The TTH Duggars are all LOOK AT US!! We are holy! and Amy is all LOOK AT ME!! I'm NOT them! Two sides of the same coin. Just looking for A-T-T-E-N-T-I-O-N.

• 1 month later...

I'm not really all that savvy with Instagram. Does Amy get paid for promoting products? She seems to do a lot of that and I can't imagine why. Also, does she have a job? What does her husband do? 

1 hour ago, Markie said:

I'm not really all that savvy with Instagram. Does Amy get paid for promoting products? She seems to do a lot of that and I can't imagine why. Also, does she have a job? What does her husband do? 

Whenever a "celebrity" is getting paid to promote a product, you can usually tell because they add a hashtag like "#ad" or "#sponsored". I've seen Amy promote Hello Fresh that way before. But I think most of her clothing brand tags are just a way for her to tell people where she gets her clothes from. A lot of famous people do that, particularly ones who are into fashion like Amy is.

I know she runs an online store, Sweet Rachelle. I don't know what she does beyond that. I have no idea what Dylan does for a living.

Isn't he self employed/sole trader or something? - when they were all indignant online about being compared to the extended family, didn't she have a go along the theme of he's hard working/self made etc...

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived