IGNORED

Amy Jordan Duggar Jordan Duggar King Duggar Wedding Part 4 AKA Amy and Dillon King

samurai_sarah

9 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

OT, but do you remember when JB baptised Amy in the Jordan river? There were rats swimming by. Had she never been baptised before, or didn't it take? Just curious.

She wasn't baptized before. She and her mom never officially joined a church, so she never got baptized.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13/01/2017 at 9:53 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

Constipated young person.

I agree, it's a terrible picture. Some of those song titles are too much.

I have to confess I laughed way too much at this!!!!

OT, but do you remember when JB baptised Amy in the Jordan river? There were rats swimming by

I know I'm exhausted but that is one of the funniest freaking things I've read in a long time. Currently controlling snort-laughs at work.

19 hours ago, Mela99 said:

I know I'm exhausted but that is one of the funniest freaking things I've read in a long time. Currently controlling snort-laughs at work.

same here and i'm really surprised that she never was baptized or part of a church.

Another week and another installment of Make Me Famous 

Dillon and Amy get into it over how he talks to her. She's pissed that he's monotone, he shows no emotion when he talks. The "therapist" say he talks down to her though I didn't see that. I saw someone trying to remain calm during an intense conversation. She cussed at him and he told her not to curse that pissed her off so she walked away. 

They have to do a dance exercise with someone besides their partners. Amy and Dillon and the couple from the bachelor are the only ones who understand you can dance with someone and not sleep with them. Dillon pissed Amy off in a TH when he said it was nice to dance with someone who didn't criticize him when dancing. Amy told the guy she was dancing with " think sexual. I'm a sex magnet, I ask for sex" :huh:

Now they have to go get dressed up.  

7 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

They have to do a dance exercise with someone besides their partners. Amy and Dillon and the couple from the bachelor are the only ones who understand you can dance with someone and not sleep with them. Dillon pissed Amy off in a TH when he said it was nice to dance with someone who didn't criticize him when dancing. Amy told the guy she was dancing with " think sexual. I'm a sex magnet, I ask for sex" :huh:

Now they have to go get dressed up.  

I don't even understand what she is meaning by that. Holy crap Amy is desperate for attention these days. Yikes! 

Amy is hoping for cocktails and Dillon has a beer in his hand. Amy has a wine glass. She's being obnoxious. Dillon's partner got hurt so she said she would dance with him. It was a disaster she wouldn't follow his lead. The therapist told Dillon that the pressure returned the minute he danced with Amy. 

Just watched for the first time. So much manufactured drama. 

The more I see Amy on screen, the less I kike her. It's sad because she my pet pseudo-fundie.

Dani and Gabi are the worst. In BGC they spent their season terrorizing new girls in the house. 

39 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I don't even understand what she is meaning by that. Holy crap Amy is desperate for attention these days. Yikes! 

I think she wanted a sexy dance but everyone looked at her like she was crazy. This episode really made me like Dillon and I wouldn't blame him for leaving her. She was so sure he didn't know the dance that she bossed him around. I kinda felt bad for him because he got called out for talking down to her but no one said a word about her bossing him around. 

Amy's mom, Deanna posted the following on Instagram and Facebook, but she just deleted her post. Here's what she said before she deleted it. 
"I have something to say! Everything you are getting ready to hear about me on a major Reality Show is not the Truth! Just saying!! Please keep me in your prayers!!" 
The caption said "This is so sad people! #WhyCan'tTheTruthBeTold"

Amy's instagram post:

I hope the money from the show was worth whatever trauma and disruption in the family is has brought up/created.

I feel bad for Deanna. I am sure that she made mistakes with Amy but I don't think you need to put that all out there on TV. The internet is forever and I have no doubt that it will be all over the internet. I hope it was worth it for Amy.

At this point Amy is probably shunned by her Uncle JB and family. Not just because of this show, but because she and Dillion were probably some of the unnamed sources for some of the tabloid articles. I do not feel the least bit sorry for anyone where. They all deserved to be taken down a few pegs.

That's intense. I honestly have very few qualms about Amy talking to the press about her screwed-up uncle/aunt and cousins. But I always got the impression that she had a good relationship with her mom and grandma. I wonder if she will will have any relationship with her family left to speak of by the time this show is over.

We don't know what really goes on behind closed doors, and how Deanna is. It's very telling that Deanna is still close enough to JB's family to attend certain events but Amy is no where to be seen. That to me says there has been issue taken with behaviour from Amy or from JB's family.

Why are we so quick to dismiss Amy? What makes her any different to say, Jana, if she were to stand up and speak out about her shitty family?

You want them to stand up and give us information that proves they've ditched the cult, but you don't like when they actually do it. There's so many double standards around here.

9 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

We don't know what really goes on behind closed doors, and how Deanna is. It's very telling that Deanna is still close enough to JB's family to attend certain events but Amy is no where to be seen. That to me says there has been issue taken with behaviour from Amy or from JB's family.

Why are we so quick to dismiss Amy? What makes her any different to say, Jana, if she were to stand up and speak out about her shitty family?

You want them to stand up and give us information that proves they've ditched the cult, but you don't like when they actually do it. There's so many double standards around here.

Because Jana would not be in the same position  as Amy is. Jan a has had to raise her ssiblings from age 5 onwards. She lived in a house without a lot of food, and let'si not even mention the Josh situation. Amy has had a normal childhood, has been able to have relationships, and has had freedom. Amy has never been in the cult.

3 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Because Jana would not be in the same position  as Amy is. Jan a has had to raise her ssiblings from age 5 onwards. She lived in a house without a lot of food, and let'si not even mention the Josh situation. Amy has had a normal childhood, has been able to have relationships, and has had freedom. Amy has never been in the cult.

I don't think it's fair to say that Amy had a normal childhood. Yes, she was never in the cult, but she had to deal with some nasty fighting between her parents, domestic violencr, legal cases, and possibly feeling inferior in some ways to her "godly" cousins who had each other. 

Don't get me wrong, I find Amy very grating and she definitely has her own issues, but I don't think its fair to say that her childhood was a good one just because she wasn't raised in the Gothard cult 

I think the fact that if Amy wants to see her cousins she has to come to the TTH speaks volumes. That was way before the scandals and her marriage to Dillon.

45 minutes ago, IreneIssh said:

I don't think it's fair to say that Amy had a normal childhood. Yes, she was never in the cult, but she had to deal with some nasty fighting between her parents, domestic violencr, legal cases, and possibly feeling inferior in some ways to her "godly" cousins who had each other. 

Don't get me wrong, I find Amy very grating and she definitely has her own issues, but I don't think its fair to say that her childhood was a good one just because she wasn't raised in the Gothard cult 

She's tangentially in a cult. Cults effect the extended family. She likely grew up frequently shamed and pressured by her cousins. Also any efforts she attempted to provide her cousins to educate them about the world or help assist them in leaving/resisting the cult likely got her shunned. 

Her cousin is also a sexual predator and we can't know her experience. I'm also gonna go on a limb and assume whatever factors contributed to Jim Bob growing up to be the person he is likely messed with Deanna too. I would not be surprised if there was some history of sex abuse in their family growing up considering how "common" Jim Bob claims it to be in families. 

I just think that if Amy truly had a problem with things in her childhood then she should have gone to a therapist of a psychiatrist. She should not have gone on tv and blasted whatever issue it was. As I said, I'm not saying she didn't have a bad childhood but for the love of god, stop making yourself Famy. The desperate cousin who wants attention. 

My problem with Amy is that none of this alleged abuse or hardship she has suffered came out until she decided to sell her soul by appearing on Marriage Boot Camp, the last resort for Z-list celebrities seeking to hold onto a modicum of fame. There is nothing respectable about the show. Nothing is learn other than how much of your dignity are you willing to sell for attention. 

If Amy was talking about her experiences while volunteering at shelters, helping those that had been abuse, then I could respect her. Instead, she shows up on a show where she starts off saying she is the rebel Duggar. She is desperately trying to rise to the Y+ celebrity of her family. 

I have no respect for Amy if she was an unarmed, paid source for stories about her family. It's tacky and trashy to do so. If you want a relationship with your family, which I think she does, you don't sell them out to a tabloid. It's completely taking the low road. No matter what my family did, or how much I could make off of a story about it, I wouldn't do it. I am just not wired that way. Also, being paid to be an unnamed source about your family is two-faced and cowardly. If she was a source, I have no doubt she took the money and then pretended everything was perfect to her cousins. I would feel bad for Joy, who has always seemed to adore Amy, if she found out Amy has no problem selling her out for money. 

3 hours ago, socalrules said:

My problem with Amy is that none of this alleged abuse or hardship she has suffered came out until she decided to sell her soul by appearing on Marriage Boot Camp, the last resort for Z-list celebrities seeking to hold onto a modicum of fame. There is nothing respectable about the show. Nothing is learn other than how much of your dignity are you willing to sell for attention. 

If Amy was talking about her experiences while volunteering at shelters, helping those that had been abuse, then I could respect her. Instead, she shows up on a show where she starts off saying she is the rebel Duggar. She is desperately trying to rise to the Y+ celebrity of her family. 

I have no respect for Amy if she was an unarmed, paid source for stories about her family. It's tacky and trashy to do so. If you want a relationship with your family, which I think she does, you don't sell them out to a tabloid. It's completely taking the low road. No matter what my family did, or how much I could make off of a story about it, I wouldn't do it. I am just not wired that way. Also, being paid to be an unnamed source about your family is two-faced and cowardly. If she was a source, I have no doubt she took the money and then pretended everything was perfect to her cousins. I would feel bad for Joy, who has always seemed to adore Amy, if she found out Amy has no problem selling her out for money. 

I'm of two minds on this. I agree that what she's doing is trashy and inappropriate. But I blame this behavior on TLC.  They gave her a taste of fame then strung her along with promises of stardom as a singer. Now she'll do anything to stay relevant. She may have been an adult when she started filming but I do think it messed her up and impacted her ability to develop into a functional adult.

Amy's childhood secret revealed:

Her mother left suicide notes for her to find.

Her father told her that she was a mistake.

She used to spend most of her time outside so that she didn't have to hear her parents fighting.

She had a happy cheerful attitude to cover up her pain.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived