IGNORED

Any Swimming Fans?

Sobeknofret

• 1 month later...

I love to swim. I'm not very fast, but I don't compete, so it doesn't matter. Backstroke is my forte, mostly because I'm lazy about breathing properly for the other strokes.

I also love water aerobics. Water aerobics saved me when I was in an accident and damaged both knees so badly that I had to have both replaced. I tripled down on pool time before and after surgery, which made a world of difference.

I do love watching swim meets, all the way back to High School, when I dated a competition swimmer. Many of our dates were after a meet.

@Sobeknofret are you a swimmer?

• 3 weeks later...

I was a competitive swimmer back in my childhood, and still love to get out and swim laps when I can. US Olympic Trials for swimming is going on right now in Omaha, for me Trials is in some cases more exciting and dramatic than the Olympics themselves. The US always has such depth that the swimmers who barely miss making the US team would likely swim medal times at the Games. 

On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 0:35 AM, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

I was a competitive swimmer back in my childhood, and still love to get out and swim laps when I can. US Olympic Trials for swimming is going on right now in Omaha, for me Trials is in some cases more exciting and dramatic than the Olympics themselves. The US always has such depth that the swimmers who barely miss making the US team would likely swim medal times at the Games. 

I watched tonight's trials. The U.S. always has such a great group of swimmers that we could easily populate four or five teams.

Archived