IGNORED

Capitals vs. Penguins

crazydaffodil

4 minutes ago, crazydaffodil said:

Which team do you think will win this series and why?

You know, I'm not at all a social media communicator, and I'm rather a neo-Luddite in general, but I have embraced texting, for the sole reason that it allows me to avoid the telephone more.  And I have noticed that, although I'm a proofreader and usually a real stickler for details, I've gotten quite lazy with one particular aspect of punctuation.  And discovered that I'm quite comfortable with that laziness.

All that to say that I definitely would choose emperor-penguin-chicks.jpg.adapt.945.1.j

over

grade1_gr_unit5_1.jpg

:|:|:|:|:|

35 minutes ago, crazydaffodil said:

Which team do you think will win this series and why?

I use "girl" reasons for most of my sports picks, so...  Even though the caps are local, I choose the Penguins.  Caps fans are scary!

@crazydaffodil I forgot to ask who YOU think will win.

8 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Series?  What series?

It's the run up to the Stanley Cup, unless I'm mistaken.  I think it's the second round, currently.

Mmmmmmm, don't know what you guys are talking about. Not even the sport. So I'llegar go with penguins. They are cuter

1 hour ago, church_of_dog said:

All that to say that I definitely would choose 

you stole my smartass response! That pretty much puts you onto my 'awesome people' list

I'm with you though: penguins ftw! :penguin-wink:

52 minutes ago, Curious said:

It's the run up to the Stanley Cup, unless I'm mistaken.  I think it's the second round, currently.

and there was me thinking it was like Plants vs Zombies

It is the NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs (that's hockey, for those who don't know).  Two of the best teams are playing against each other in the second round of the playoffs and I was looking for other hockey fans' responses.

1 hour ago, Curious said:

@crazydaffodil I forgot to ask who YOU think will win.

Penguins in 6 games was my prediction before the series started.  It might take 7 games though.

I vote penguins.  Not because of hockey.  Specifically, I vote rockhoppers

bcb2efde2b3720760c9f721b29e80094.jpg

rockhopper.jpg

I'm thinking Caps are gonna win, just with the way they've dominated all season.  I'm rooting strongly for the Lightning but I forsee a Caps/Stars matchup in the final.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2016 at 3:42 PM, crazydaffodil said:

Penguins in 6 games was my prediction before the series started. 

Looks like you were right!  Go Pens!

....has anyone alerted the Arndts about the Penguins' victory?  Or should we just wait for a pic with some stuffed ones in the parents bedroom with confetti?!

14 minutes ago, Curious said:

Looks like you were right!  Go Pens!

Called it!

Archived