IGNORED

Lori Alexander- the Mindless Mentor: Part 8

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the link. I am surprised the biblicalgenderroles.com thread is not hoping with activity. Seems like so much you can say about that place. Lori's leg humper dragonfly is there shaming another woman for not coddling men. She also is gossiping like the finest of godly ladies do.

I was wondering how Lori would respond to Cruz picking Carly Fiorina as a running mate. Someone posted the announcement and this was Lori's (very public) reply: 

Yes, come on, California and Indiana. We have a chance to stop the madness about to come on America. Vote for Ted Cruz!

:huh: Umm, shouldn't she be a "keeper at home"...or a Godly Mentor or something or another?  

Surely Lori doesn't want her stealing the vice presidency away from some manly man who deserves it.

And really, who is she to tell anyone who to vote for? According to her, she wouldn't care if women lost the vote.  At best she should be telling them to "Vote for whoever your husband tells you to vote for". :pb_mad:

42 minutes ago, polecat said:

"The Mindless Mentor" < --- *chokes on ice water*

The mindless mentor: mindlessly mentoring the mindless since 2011

Koala, Boehner called Cruz the devil in the flesh and a miserable person. I think we see why Lori likes him. He is relatable.

Oh God. Her entry today is now talking about simplistic living and how we're too focused on and obsessed with our possessions.

Tell me again how big your home is, Lori? How much you paid to have that couch re-upholstered? How much pride you take in your bold Mercedes? :roll:

ETA: The Voice of Lori/God hath spoken:

In the clothing area, boys only need three pairs of pants and three pairs of shorts for the summer. For shirts, they should have five everyday shirts, and three church shirts that they rotate through. Girls should have five everyday dresses, and three church dresses. Babies and toddlers will need a few more outfits to take care of those days with messy accidents. Two pairs of shoes for a child and three pairs for an adult should be plenty.

I'll get right on getting rid of my daughter's excess clothing over and above what Lori stipulates here.

also, notice that she only mentions dresses for girls--no pants! I wonder if she made her own daughters stick to that rule.

49 minutes ago, EyeQueue said:

In the clothing area, boys only need three pairs of pants and three pairs of shorts for the summer. For shirts, they should have five everyday shirts, and three church shirts that they rotate through. Girls should have five everyday dresses, and three church dresses. Babies and toddlers will need a few more outfits to take care of those days with messy accidents. Two pairs of shoes for a child and three pairs for an adult should be plenty.

I'll get right on getting rid of my daughter's excess clothing over and above what Lori stipulates here.

also, notice that she only mentions dresses for girls--no pants! I wonder if she made her own daughters stick to that rule.

It doesn't matter what Lori did with her own kids. When she reads or hears something that strikes her fancy, she immediately posts it as if it's a mandate that must be followed. What she thought about the issue yesterday, and any contradictory statements she may make tomorrow...none of that enters her mind.  

I want that bitch to spend ONE WEEK in my apartment...she'd never survive. 765 square feet, 1 bedroom. Our only currently running vehicle is a 1999 Expedition. Fucking cunt...she talks a lot but would never walk her bullshit. 

It's not as if minimalism hasn't become an icon of pop culture, or that the "tiny house" movement isn't in full force, or there aren't a billion books and magazines ("Real Simple," anyone?) devoted to the topic, or that no one else has thought about waste or possessions taking over lives, or that any non-fundie religious traditions have ever considered or discussed materialism--no, Lori has, in her special judgmental way, invented frugality.
And as to her list of actual needs, guess that works if your kids never go outside the home. So no need for, say, dance shoes or sports shoes with cleats, or ..

"Girls should have five everyday dresses, and three church dresses."

I got two new dresses a year--bought from Robert Hall if anyone is old enough to remember that chain--one for the first day of school and one for Easter. Until I was old enough to get a job and buy my own clothes Does that cunt have any idea that for many families having eight dresses for a girl is way beyond reach?

God I hate that bitch.

I obviously missed the section in the bible where they talked about episodes of What Not To Wear, Project Runway and Say Yes To The Dress. Can anybody reference?

Just want to make sure my eight dresses are a-ok with God's taste in these things.

:pipe:

And ps, can you please clarify how many bras/socks etc I'm allowed? Cheers! 

Lori didn't write that article.  She's just pretending she did.

Lori's idea of living simply/frugally:

Referring to her Ray Ban sunglasses:

They are expensive but Oh...so comfortable! 

Sometimes a girl just needs a new dress...or two:

One of the women mentioned eShakti so I checked out their website. I loved their style of dresses so I ordered a couple

Referring to having her sofas reupholstered:

They look like brand new, however, and they only cost me $1500! I also got new carpet.

My vacuum cost $30 at Walmart.  I should have shopped around...

We do have two Miele vacuum cleaners that have lasted for as long as we have owned this home! They are GREAT vacuum cleaners; highly recommended.

I know this contradicts her statement that they just got new carpet, but try to remember, this is Lori we're talking about:

When we bought this home we have been living in for almost 20 years, I wanted floors and countertops that would last a long, long time. I chose wood flooring for most of it since it is my absolute favorite and lasts a long time. Besides, carpeting is very toxic and made from all man-made chemicals. 

That moment when you trade in your Mercedes:

We have never gotten a new car until our old cars bite the dust. During President Obama's car deal, we got $5,000 for an old Mercedes that wasn't working anymore. 

I believe she has also mentioned having a partial view of the ocean from their house, and while Ken was here he bitched about how much Lori spends on vitamins and organic food. She employed a nanny and has referred to having someone clean her house. 

Her kids participated in dance/sports, and attended private Christian schools when Lori wasn't homeschooling them (if you call locking them in their rooms with some books homeschooling).

I can safely assure you that if our family lived as "simply" and "frugally" as the Alexanders, we'd be filing for bankruptcy by Monday afternoon.  Lori's problem is that she's always been rich and spoiled, and she's so accustomed to it, that she doesn't recognize what a privilege it is.

So while she's off online shopping for expensive dresses, she thinks nothing of dropping the Interwebs a line or two, to let them know that:

Every child should not be entitled to free breakfasts and lunches at school, nor free education, nor free preschool, nor free medical care.

It really pisses me off when anti abortion people spew crap like that. They care more about babies in the womb but don't give a fuck about babies out of the womb. 

8 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I want that bitch to spend ONE WEEK in my apartment...she'd never survive. 765 square feet, 1 bedroom. Our only currently running vehicle is a 1999 Expedition. Fucking cunt...she talks a lot but would never walk her bullshit. 

For 23 years, I lived in a number of efficiencies/studios in a converted hospital(it was all I could afford), eight of them with my late husband; the only privacy we had was the bathroom.  We're talking less than 250 sf.  I didn't get an apartment with a separate kitchen/bedroom/living room until last year, after my previous building was condemned.

Another example of Lori's narrow-minded view of how things are for all of us feminists:

It's ridiculous that feminists were able to convince women that hurriedly leaving your home each morning, driving in traffic, working for someone else from 9:00 to 5:00, rushing home, trying to do all the housework, get dinner ready and fall into bed exhausted each night just to wake up the next morning to do the same thing is better than being at home full-time. 

A whole lot of women I know don't have regular schedules like this. There are lot more ways to have a job or career than doing the 9-5 gig. And a whole lot of women decided it was better to have a job than to not have a home to come home to. Oh, how I wish I had worked because I wanted to, to take fancy vacations, and to buy an extravagant wardrobe. Nope. I worked so we could have a home to live in while my husband was trying to build a career that paid little for a long time. I worked so we could have health insurance because my husband had a series of jobs that didn't make that available. I worked so my kids could have shoes and food and go one occasional field trips. They were each able to participate in one non-school activity, and even at that we had to apply for discounted fees. We've had exactly three pieces of brand new furniture throughout our marriage. Together they cost less than what Lori paid to have her couch upholstered. 

Feminists didn't convince me that this was better. They simply made it possible to do what my family needed me to do.

She is fortunate to be as insulated from reality as she is.

Today Lori wants us to follow this advice from one of her commenters.  Just another post based on someone else's idea.

Mrs. M. commented on one of my posts and showed the error of this thinking.

A major problem with the way our society thinks is that they assume the only way for a woman to use her intelligence, talent, and gifts is through a paid career. They assume if you don't have a paid career you are wasting your life. They fail to see that a true "help meet" has endless opportunities such as ~ 

Teaching their children apologetics, theology, history, and reading great literature with them. Reading and learning about finances and economics in order to better run the household and the family budget. Learning about nutrition and home healing remedies. Exercising their creative talents by baking, cooking, decorating, creating, etc. Discussing world events and politics with their husband over dinner. Being a fruitful member of the household of God by actually having the time to participate in ministry and devote to prayer. Using their gifts and talents to help further their husband's career, whether that means proofreading speeches, entertaining colleagues, or giving wise perspective {when asked} about problems at the office. To say a woman needs a paid career to use her gifts, talents, and brain

Let's just cover a few of these, shall we?

Lori has admitted that her idea of homeschooling was to have them read a lot, do some math sheets and eat lots of snacks.  Apologetics??  Lori probably thinks that means she's expected to apologize to others and....nope...not gonna happen, so she skipped that.  Great literature? Do any of us really believe that Lori worked through Shakespeare with her children? Homer?  Great poets? 

Lori learning to budget?  I'm gonna go ahead and say...um...NO...she could not be bothered with that.  Ken is a walking ATM in her eyes and we all know what she gives in return for his wealth.

World events and politics? I can guarantee you that when my son was in the third grade he could hold a more intelligent political conversation than Lori could now.  He was in sixth grade when he came home and said "Mom, I know we are not supposed to correct adults, but my social studies teacher had it all wrong about the electoral college. So I raised my hand and told her how it really worked. I was polite." Electoral College?  Lori probably thinks that's a liberal heathen university.   

Participating in ministry???  I. CAN'T. EVEN....

Finally, the idea of Lori proofreading any of Ken's professional correspondence?  Look away people, look away!! That's gonna be ugly.  I wonder who Ken does use as a proofreader because he has horrible writing skills also. 

2 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

It really pisses me off when anti abortion people spew crap like that. They care more about babies in the womb but don't give a fuck about babies out of the womb. 

2 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

To be fair, that is not always the case.  I love children and have worked in childcare for 25 years.  I don't support abortion, because I was one of those who desperately wanted a baby and couldn't have one. There is no shortage of childless couples who would take these babies.  We eventually adopted a 2 and 3 year old.  

You are right though. If we expect women to have their babies, we need to make sure they have the resources available to care for them.

To be fair, that is not always the case.  I love children and have worked in childcare for 25 years.  I don't support abortion, because I was one of those who desperately wanted a baby and couldn't have one. There is no shortage of childless couples who would take these babies.  We eventually adopted a 2 and 3 year old.  

You are right though. If we expect women to have their babies, we need to make sure they have the resources available to care for 

I am really sorry you weren't able to have a baby.  That's really hard.  

That said, wanting a baby does not entitle you to someone else's.  It doesn't mean that it's fair to expect someone to carry a pregnancy, deliver a child, and then spend the rest of their lives wondering where that child is.  There are people willing to do that, and that's wonderful, but I have a real problem with denying a woman her rights just because you (not you specifically) want a baby.

2 hours ago, molecule said:

Another example of Lori's narrow-minded view of how things are for all of us feminists:

A whole lot of women I know don't have regular schedules like this. There are lot more ways to have a job or career than doing the 9-5 gig. And a whole lot of women decided it was better to have a job than to not have a home to come home to. Oh, how I wish I had worked because I wanted to, to take fancy vacations, and to buy an extravagant wardrobe. Nope. I worked so we could have a home to live in while my husband was trying to build a career that paid little for a long time. I worked so we could have health insurance because my husband had a series of jobs that didn't make that available. I worked so my kids could have shoes and food and go one occasional field trips. They were each able to participate in one non-school activity, and even at that we had to apply for discounted fees. We've had exactly three pieces of brand new furniture throughout our marriage. Together they cost less than what Lori paid to have her couch upholstered. 

Feminists didn't convince me that this was better. They simply made it possible to do what my family needed me to do.

She is fortunate to be as insulated from reality as she is.

I agree with your post. It drives me crazy Lori never acknowledges that working women can various work schedules.

It's ridiculous that feminists were able to convince women that hurriedly leaving your home each morning, driving in traffic, working for someone else from 9:00 to 5:00, rushing home, trying to do all the housework, get dinner ready and fall into bed exhausted each night just to wake up the next morning to do the same thing is better than being at home full-time. 

No, Lori not all ebil working women are leaving their homes each morning to go to work. Some working women who are nurses, doctors, cops, paramedics, and emergency dispatchers are working during your sleeping hours to make sure people have access to resources in case of crisis. So, Lori if you ever have a health emergency during the night you might encounter working women during those hours whose jobs are to help you. Then again, Lori you probably wouldn't even appreciate women who work nights in those jobs.

Also, Lori some working women live in areas where there isn't heavy traffic and sometimes they don't have rush home every night. Some working women give their children chores to keep the house clean. I have to wonder if Lori's kids ever did chores, it seems like they didn't do cleaning because she has admitted that the nanny did the cleaning. Many couples and their children collaborate to keep their households running. 

44 minutes ago, Koala said:

I am really sorry you weren't able to have a baby.  That's really hard.  

That said, wanting a baby does not entitle you to someone else's.  It doesn't mean that it's fair to expect someone to carry a pregnancy, deliver a child, and then spend the rest of their lives wondering where that child is.  There are people willing to do that, and that's wonderful, but I have a real problem with denying a woman her rights just because you (not you specifically) want a baby.

Although I agree with what you are saying, Koala, I've worked extensively in adoption and most private infant adoptions I've dealt with have been open adoptions. The birth mother doesn't "spend the rest of her life wondering". She had contact with the adoptive parents to a degree that both parties agree upon. I know families where the birth mother regularly attends the child's school events and birthday parties. Adoption is no longer a "you lose the child forever" type of thing, at least, it doesn't need to be.

Bear in mind, too, that some birth mothers choose to have a closed adoption, for a variety of reasons. In those cases, the birth mother has decided not to be involved in her child's life after the adoption is finalized.

13 hours ago, EyeQueue said:

Oh God. Her entry today is now talking about simplistic living and how we're too focused on and obsessed with our possessions.

You know, the "let's leave all the conveniences of modern life behind and get back to a more simplistic existence" has been tried and I'm pretty sure Lori would not like it.  It's been tried on a small scale by many people and for a great many of them, it wasn't fun.  Remember too that these people may have been living simplistically but they're still surrounded by the infrastructure of modern living that makes life a great deal nicer than it was in the past.

For a  large scale "return to simplicity" check out Britain after the Romans left.  The Romans had excellent roads, piped water supplies, underfloor heating, central governance, etc.  Took centuries for all that to be replicated after they left and life was not fun while it was being figured out.

On a personal level I think life would be awesome without my cell phone- people couldn't contact me 24/7, yay!  Then I remember getting paged in the early 1990s and having to pull of the highway and find a gas station with a public phone box in order to return the call.  Seriously not fun.  On balance, give me modern life any day.

30 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

Many couples and their children collaborate to keep their households running. 

Exactly!

Not every husband is like Ken, leaving his wife alone with four little ones while he plays basketball several nights a week.  I'm assuming that's why they got her a nanny, which is one answer to a situation like that, if you can afford it. 

And that's fine, that was the choice The Alexanders made.  Now why can't Lori allow other women and couples to make a choice that fits them without getting on her high horse of truth?

50 minutes ago, Hisey said:

Although I agree with what you are saying, Koala, I've worked extensively in adoption and most private infant adoptions I've dealt with have been open adoptions. The birth mother doesn't "spend the rest of her life wondering". She had contact with the adoptive parents to a degree that both parties agree upon. I know families where the birth mother regularly attends the child's school events and birthday parties. Adoption is no longer a "you lose the child forever" type of thing, at least, it doesn't need to be.

Bear in mind, too, that some birth mothers choose to have a closed adoption, for a variety of reasons. In those cases, the birth mother has decided not to be involved in her child's life after the adoption is finalized.

I agree.  There are definitely more options now.  For me personally, even with an open adoption I would constantly worry/wonder.

What I really object to is the notion that because a woman isn't willing/able to parent, she owes it to couples who can't have children to carry a pregnancy to term, birth a baby, and forever exist with the knowledge that she has a child out there somewhere.  

She's quoting Michael Pearl on the Never Learning Facebook:

"You can smile children into peace and grace. Here is the key - the way it actually works. When you become a source of pleasure to a child and they feel that they are your source of pleasure as well, they become dependent upon that relationship for their continued pleasure. They don't want to do anything to break fellowship with you. They will seek to be all you want them to be. You have their heart; you have their will.

What the actual fuck??? There are no words....

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived