IGNORED

Counting On - Part 8: You've Seen Half this Show Before

choralcrusader8613

5 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

No, she's asking stuff like "When did you expect your kid to start helping pick up their toys?"

Thanks, I was worried the grifting was beginning again. Although, I would think she would she would know this since she has raised so many kids. 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

No, she's asking stuff like "When did you expect your kid to start helping pick up their toys?"

I have absolutely no problem with her asking that.  My guess is that she knows what she was "trained up" to do and likely used on all her buddies.  Maybe she's trying to break that cycle and is looking for some common sense, mildly religious answers.

19 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Pretty sure  about age 30. 

In the latest episode, Derrek looked like a member of the 'Jesus Christ Superstar' cast.  I wonder if the Duggars brought the Dillards razors and shaving cream in their care package?

33 minutes ago, Nu2Duggarville said:

In the latest episode, Derrek looked like a member of the 'Jesus Christ Superstar' cast.  I wonder if the Duggars brought the Dillards razors and shaving cream in their care package?

Jesus Christ Superstar? That's being nice. I was thinking more young Unabomber.

I am stunned to discover that there really was an episode, and I watched it, I guess, without realizing until I read here that it was its own episode.  I thought I was watching some old film and some previews of an upcoming episode.  The thing is, the show has so few commercials and so many long previews of other shows on TLC, that I lost track and didn't really take this as a show in and of itself.  

The ratings for this thing aren't bad.  I was looking at them and thought "what show?"

10 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

Maybe the life changing event is......Michelle is pregnant! *sarcasm*

Don't underestimate Jichelle's physiological need to coddle a newborn baby. They could announce adopting child #20. I highly doubt they could adopt through the states or internationally with all the scandals. But you know there is some desperate teenager who would be overjoyed to have her baby adopted by the wholesome looking, reality star Duggars.   

8 hours ago, Kira said:

I just saw the promo for next week's episode. Joy and Jinger are tlking about courtship, again

Joy: I would go around the world to meet a guy

Jinger: Luckily, I don't have to

Producer: Is there something you want tell us

(That was paraphased)

Yeah, I caught that too. Jinger has been dodging questions (not so subtly) and hinting that she has a boyfriend and/or a "boy who is a friend" that soon will turn into courting. I'm not sure they are going to announce that now. I think that's there next season "surprise" that everybody will know about ahead of time.

I'm betting this "life changing announcement" will be Jill is pregnant with baby number two. The whole show is going to be a rerun show about Jill (just like the last show was a rerun show about Jessa), so it makes sense to say something like that at the end. Predicable, but a baby is life changing. 

It would be interesting if...

•  Jill & Derrick were going to do missionary work somewhere farther away like Africa or back to Nepal.
  • John David was going to start courting. 
  • Any of the kids were going away to college, even Clown College.
  • The guy Jinger is counting turns out to be a good guy who thinks for himself, has a full time job, & kind to animals
  • Joy decides to become a Vegan and travels across the USA in her new tiny house filming YouTube videos along the way (okay this last one is a pipe dream, but a girl can dream!)  

35 minutes ago, GreenTea said:

Don't underestimate Jichelle's physiological need to coddle a newborn baby. They could announce adopting child #20. I highly doubt they could adopt through the states or internationally with all the scandals. But you know there is some desperate teenager who would be overjoyed to have her baby adopted by the wholesome looking, reality star Duggars.   

Yeah, I caught that too. Jinger has been dodging questions (not so subtly) and hinting that she has a boyfriend and/or a "boy who is a friend" that soon will turn into courting. I'm not sure they are going to announce that now. I think that's there next season "surprise" that everybody will know about ahead of time.

I'm betting this "life changing announcement" will be Jill is pregnant with baby number two. The whole show is going to be a rerun show about Jill (just like the last show was a rerun show about Jessa), so it makes sense to say something like that at the end. Predicable, but a baby is life changing. 

It would be interesting if...

•  Jill & Derrick were going to do missionary work somewhere farther away like Africa or back to Nepal.
  • John David was going to start courting. 
  • Any of the kids were going away to college, even Clown College.
  • The guy Jinger is counting turns out to be a good guy who thinks for himself, has a full time job, & kind to animals
  • Joy decides to become a Vegan and travels across the USA in her new tiny house filming YouTube videos along the way (okay this last one is a pipe dream, but a girl can dream!)  

To the bolded - some folks appear to be speculating about the Duggar family friend Jonathan.  Don't know much about him, but he plays basketball with women who wear shorts based on his instagram.

3 hours ago, nst said:

didn't you see in some videos - she uses a marker

Yeah, I had to think about that for a minute. At first I was thinking of a playpen (old school). Then I remembered she used a marker to entice him. Because a child of that age having toys would be...what?

Honestly I don't think I could handle the pressure of the wedding night. Like my boyfriend, who currently lives in another state, came for a visit a little while ago, and my roommate and other friends made a bunch of comments about giving us space and alone time *wink *wink. By the time we were actually together and alone in my room just I couldn't do it. Knowing that people were expecting me to have sex right then made me so uncomfortable that I really didn't want to.  I can't imagine what it would be like knowing all of his an my friends and family were expecting me to have sex. For the first time no less.

3 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Oh boy.  I agree with you on that "substitution."

Cheese & crackers it is, I guess.

My 15 year old's substitution for "Jesus Christ!!" was 'cheese and rice' at school.

Fudruckers works in a pinch

My kids frequently get told to stop acting like a mo-mo head.  I have no basis for that even means, it just flew out of my mouth one day when I was completely frazzled and frustrated.

3 hours ago, nst said:

didn't you see in some videos - she uses a marker

You have me curious. I may have to open a bottle of wine and actually watch.  Do you have a link? I couldn't find anything on YouTube. Thanks.

51 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Honestly I don't think I could handle the pressure of the wedding night. Like my boyfriend, who currently lives in another state, came for a visit a little while ago, and my roommate and other friends made a bunch of comments about giving us space and alone time *wink *wink. By the time we were actually together and alone in my room just I couldn't do it. Knowing that people were expecting me to have sex right then made me so uncomfortable that I really didn't want to.  I can't imagine what it would be like knowing all of his an my friends and family were expecting me to have sex. For the first time no less.

If it's available anywhere, check out the wedding-night scene from the movie Ryan's Daughter. Whole town outside waiting and cheering them (him) on.

@ChickenettiLuvr If you need to swear at someone (ie. bitchy new wife) a well placed passive aggressive "well bless your heart" has always served me well.  

A couple of "you're too kind" or "how thoughtful" thrown in with that wouldn't be a bad idea. They can be just as passive aggressive"

4 hours ago, fundiesarefascinating said:

To the bolded - some folks appear to be speculating about the Duggar family friend Jonathan.  Don't know much about him, but he plays basketball with women who wear shorts based on his instagram.

Is that the Asian guy that people were up in arms about sitting next to Jana in the van picture??

You guys are awesome!  

HUGE thank yous to, @Shadoewolf & @RosyDaisy for the clever suggestions.

(practicing in mirror now:  cheese & rice, bless her heart, well -- fuddrucker's)

15 hours ago, silverspoons said:

The life changing event has to have to do with Jill or Jessa since the episode is suppose to focus on the big visit. 

The "changing lives" are almost certainly either Ben and Jessa's or Jill and Derick's.

Either the Dillards are coming home to get away from spiders and Zika  save Catholics closer to home or the Spurgeons (that's what my cable company calls them in the show description!) have settled on a ministry. 

6 hours ago, fundiesarefascinating said:

This is amazing.  Just the way you phrased it haha as if this is something unusual to play basketball with women who wear shorts.  Sadly, for them, this activity would be highly unusual.  

6 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

My kids frequently get told to stop acting like a mo-mo head.  I have no basis for that even means, it just flew out of my mouth one day when I was completely frazzled and frustrated.

Wasn't that a phrase Jack Nicholson once used as a kind of a slur.  It was him or another actor.

7 hours ago, fundiesarefascinating said:

Is he the Indonesian guy? I know that they were OK with Marjorie (half Latina), and the Bateseseseses are OK with Ashley (also half Latina), but would the Duggars accept a "full-on" interracial relationship? I mean, he seems cute and nice enough, and living in or just visiting Indonesia would be a great experience for Jinger (especially if she could get out of Jakarta and go to see the other cities and islands). I tentatively ship it.

10 hours ago, Mercer said:

It's totally weird! Especially since they all use it and it's such an unusual turn of phrase.

"Walk through- the official slogan of the 2015 Joshly Sex Scandal."

10 minutes ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

"Walk through- the official slogan of the 2015 Joshly Sex Scandal."

Shouldn't it have been "slept through," at least in regards to the parents not being aware what he was doing.

11 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

SO - I need suggestions of creative words I can use instead.
Ready. Set. Go!!!

i have a mouth that would drop the jaws of certain people around me if they ever heard it, but having been a preschool teacher in my past life i had to get creative, because that is a job that makes you want to curse up a storm sometimes and you just...can't. so...my favorite, that i still use often, is pita...as in, "oh my, blahblah is such a pita". it sounds like an endearment, and yet, stands for "pain in the ass".  my great aunt taught me if you really need to say "shit" then its better to catch yourself and just say "shhhhh-sugar". i'm also fond of 'oh fuuuudge', ala "a Christmas story", dag-nab-it, garsh, gee willikers, dangit and gorry, which i credit to the great stephen king.

Just now, MayMay1123 said:

my great aunt taught me if you really need to say "shit" then its better to catch yourself and just say "shhhhh-sugar"

I say "sugar buns" any time I feel like cussing and can't. I also say "fart" instead of the f-word, but it sounds like that wouldn't go over well with people such as these.

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived