IGNORED

Counting On - Part 8: You've Seen Half this Show Before

choralcrusader8613

6 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

If something important were to happen tonight, we would know something by now, isn't It? 

I was thinking about that earlier too. The members of the press who are still interested in the Duggars would have watched the episode sometime earlier this week or perhaps before so they can get their recaps and other stuff they decide they want to post prepared (well that's how it works in the UK, no idea about in America). Surely if it was as "life changing" as they say it is, there would be a hint or two somewhere from the media.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jessa going on and on about how OMG DANGERUZZZZZ Scary Brown People America is is slightly less infuriating than Jill going on about it. Still, do either of them realize that millions of women manage to raise kids in Scary Brown People America pretty darn well? They're not special snowflakes, no matter how white they are.

Though I only heard a little bit of Jill's Spanish, her accent sounds pretty good. I hope she's working hard to learn the language; if she's going to be any kind of useful, she'll need it.

1 minute ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Jessa going on and on about how OMG DANGERUZZZZZ Scary Brown People America is is slightly less infuriating than Jill going on about it. Still, do either of them realize that millions of women manage to raise kids in Scary Brown People America pretty darn well? They're not special snowflakes, no matter how white they are.

Though I only heard a little bit of Jill's Spanish, her accent sounds pretty good. I hope she's working hard to learn the language; if she's going to be any kind of useful, she'll need it.

The promo from USweekly for tonights episode actually made me gain back a tiny tiny bit of respect for Jill, mainly when she was talking about how, despite different cultures and opportunities, there was sort of a unity of mothers and their struggles. I had a 'Yay, you seem like you are actually learning for once' moment. 

The power of editing, even Duggars can look okay sometimes...

Jill stated that she is not pregnant in the first look that TLC ran on Friday I think so I doubt it's that.  That was probably filmed only about a month ago.  I suppose Jessa could be pregnant but for some reason I doubt that too.  Jinger courting could be a possibility but I'm not betting on that one either.  A few episodes back when she and Jana were asked about people asking them about courtships and whether it annoys them I think JInger said something like she just avoids answering that which would explain the shifty replies. I think TLC is trying to get people to tune in so they're dangling this 'big news' carrot.  I'm betting on it being something anit-climactic like it's been in the past.  Fervently praying that it's not an Anna or even worse Michelle blessing announcement.  Hopefully someone is moving away to school (looking at you Ben) or someone getting a job and no longer being under JB's thumb.

On 4/29/2016 at 9:15 PM, ChickenettiLuvr said:

I had to get caught up here while I can before the next 10 days happen.

My son and his fiancee' are on their way home from five states away.  Yippee!!  I finally get to meet my DIL-to-be in person.

That being said -- I need to ask all of you FJ kinfolk for a BIG favor:  I seriously have to curtail the potty mouth/swearing.  Which isn't gonna be easy.  She grew up VERY conservatively (ugh) and wouldn't view it kindly.  Plus, the new in-laws are so conservative Baptist it isn't funny, especially the dad. (Bride actually served two years' hard time at that horrible Pensacola college.) ... But they're not "legalistic" because they wear pants.  (true story) Anyway ... Here's how goofy it gets:

Bride's mom called me to ask where my son should stay while at their home. Because Dad's family "would have a fit if they knew he was sleeping there."  I replied:  1. They're not animals in heat. 2. My son is a gentleman and respects house rules. 3. It's not really any of the family's business where my son sleeps, is it?

Never mind that said son & fiancee' will be staying at his sibling's house for two nights, where said unmarried sibling lives with her man.  (They've been together 5 years.)  And that they're sharing a hotel room tonight whilst on the road.

Same Daddy-o refuses to allow alcohol or dancing at the wedding reception.  Which is unfortunate.  Considering the forced level of polite interaction I'll have with the idiot ex and his bitchy new wife.  *le sigh*

SO - I need suggestions of creative words I can use instead.
Ready. Set. Go!!!

P.S.  LOVED the Jungle Love parody above ^ ^ ^.
P.P.S. Could we please have "Purity Inspector" from ^ ^ ^ as a post count title???

I use the term 

SUGAR PLUM FAIRIES!

But there is the story about the ladies sitting on the porch and the ladies were discussing with a woman new to the neighborhood how sweet their husbands were. 

One says, "My husband hires a maid so I don't have to dirty my hands doing housework."
Newcomer says, "Well bless me! Isn't that nice!:

Two says, "My husband pays for me to go to the hair dresser's twice a week so I can have my hair done professionally."
Newcomer says, "Well bless me!  Isn't that nice!"

This goes on a couple more times with each lady. 
They finally turn to the newcomer and ask, "What does your husband do for you?"

She smiles and says, "He paid for a private tutor to teach me to say, 'Bless me!  Isn't that nice!" instead of saying WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK."

2 hours ago, MorningMist said:

I agree! Jessa did seem to care a lot for the younger kids in the older episodes but this was masked with the 'Don't Mess With Jessa' attitude she had so that could be why she may appear cold to some viewers. Spurg is obviously completely different though since it is her own child and therefore will be showing a lot more affection there when compared to how she was towards her siblings.

I can't comment on how Jessa was to her siblings because I didn't watch the show enough, but I think that aside from Jessa being older now, and Spurgeon being her own child,  Jessa was "sister mom" to several, even if only one was in diapers. The house was always full of younger kids needing some attention. The "buddies" were in groups and furthermore the J-Slaves were answerable to their parents for the "buddies." 

With Spur, she is the one in charge and she doesn't have to divide her attention among several siblings who need her while at the same time carving space for herself (as one must in a large family).  I know that Jessa comes across as an entitled princess, but we know that in her home she was never a princess. She was in competition with Jana and Jill from day one, the typical assertive younger sibling. 

Based on the US Weekly headline I saw on the internet yesterday, it sounds like Ben and Jessa have filled out adoption paperwork and are anticipating a home visit. This makes me sick! Why can't they just enjoy Spurge now? Oh wait, she wants to collect children in a more "rightous" way than her mom did, by saving them from abortion and brainwashing them into gratitude.

I'm betting this is the life changing announcement we've been promised.

21 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

Sorry about the above glitchy post (not sure what happened).

If Jessa and Ben are adopting (which seems likely to be the 'big announcement'), you can bet it's a girl for a couple of reasons.  As sick as it sounds, I've read that some people prefer to adopt girls so that the family name doesn't get passed down through an adopted child.  Also, if Jessa and Benna re going to have eleventy kids, they need a girl/sister mom near the top of the birth order to make it work.

The baby anecdotes on here are making me laugh. I'm also reminded of my friends baby daughter and how once she didn't poo for nearly 2 weeks. My friend and her husband were worried and we calling the Dr almost daily, then it happened when they were on the phone to the Dr....my friend's husband just looked up and said 'um...sweetie, I think the baby just exploded' and the Dr on the other end of the phone said 'am I right in guessing the issue is now resolved?'. I was there at the time and nearly slid off the couch laughing.

20 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Based on the US Weekly headline I saw on the internet yesterday, it sounds like Ben and Jessa have filled out adoption paperwork and are anticipating a home visit. This makes me sick! Why can't they just enjoy Spurge now? Oh wait, she wants to collect children in a more "rightous" way than her mom did, by saving them from abortion and brainwashing them into gratitude.

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/jessa-duggar-reveals-her-and-ben-seewalds-latest-adoption-plans-w204803

I wonder if the 'life changing season finale" will have more than one announcement? I guess I'll have to watch.

1 hour ago, MorningMist said:

I was thinking about that earlier too. The members of the press who are still interested in the Duggars would have watched the episode sometime earlier this week or perhaps before so they can get their recaps and other stuff they decide they want to post prepared (well that's how it works in the UK, no idea about in America). Surely if it was as "life changing" as they say it is, there would be a hint or two somewhere from the media.

There is no question in my mind that this show will announce an adoption.  TLC is focusing so much on positive adoption statements from the kids, it's too obvious.  Now I am considering that Michelle and Jim Bob made that trip to Central America to pick out a child for themselves...that would get them back on TV.  But I still think it's more likely that Jill and Derrick are staying in Central America and adopting a child.

I am fairly good at eating crow.  Lots of experience.:pb_redface:

35 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Another child thru a different method.  How is this life changing?  Eleventy children is a given in this family--as our courtships.   And in any case, this is just a way of grabbing attention, as filing the paperwork and "expecting" a home visit isn't actually going through with anything.  It's a Blessa in the spotlight opportunity that means absolutely nothing.  NOT LIFE CHANGING!  Of course, if Blessa would admit to using birth control, so that she can qualify to adopt--that might be a little bit interesting anyhow.

On the other hand, life changing moments:  a divorce; the Dullards committing to staying CA for 5 years; Benessa moving away from the family (for whatever reason).   Those are not expectations within the cult, so would potentially be life changing.

52 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I once filled out an application to be a vision forum intern.  I'm hoping that approval comes through before Jessa manages to bring home a baby.  This will be tough considering VF doesnt exist anymore... 

Most hospital-based lactation consultants will teach the new mother of a breastfed baby about how many wet diapers to expect a day and about stooling patterns, which do change over time (meconium at first, maybe stooling once a week when the baby is older).  The baby should have at least 6 really wet diapers a day.  Some LCs will even show how to assess a wet diaper by pouring 2-4 tablespoons of water into a dry diaper and then having mom feel the diaper.  Not just the liner either, the way the padding feels.  If the baby is stooling plenty, the baby is also getting enough milk.

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

At this point, I'm just merging all the possible Life Changing Announcements together. Jinger and Jana are vying for the affections of an adorable El Salvadorian infant who infected Derick with the zombie plague. Actually, I'd watch the shit out of that.

I don't think any announcement from them would be surprising, and I'm expecting something very dull as well.

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So, they have friends who have walked this road. Those Duggar girls have done a lot of walking.

"Going to do things differently...."

Does that mean she's throwing out the rod?

What happened to the rule.. "You have to be married at least 2 years w/no infants in the house."

What happened to..."You have to stay in CA 3 years to adopt there." Or don't those things apply to the Duggars?

2 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

The headline is really misleading. In the article Jessa says that they hope to start the paperwork. It doesn't sound like they've actually started it.  At least I hope that is true.  

From the article: “We don’t know what the future holds, but as the Bible says, ‘Man plans his way, and God directs his steps,'” Jessa told Us Weekly. “So we want to move forward with paperwork and a home study, and just be ready for however God opens those doors.”

4 minutes ago, fundiesarefascinating said:

The headline is really misleading. In the article Jessa says that they hope to start the paperwork. It doesn't sound like they've actually started it.  At least I hope that is true.  

From the article: “We don’t know what the future holds, but as the Bible says, ‘Man plans his way, and God directs his steps,'” Jessa told Us Weekly. “So we want to move forward with paperwork and a home study, and just be ready for however God opens those doors.”

So basically a cop-out. They will never adopt. She will be pregnant too often for that to happen.

I know a couple who tried for 5 years to conceive, gave up applied all over the place to adopt & nothing for 5 more years. They arranged a private adoption, she was in the delivery room & the woman changed her mind.But one of the foreign adoptions came thru just after that. Then the arranged mother called a year later & asked her to take the child. she did, & 2 more agencies said they had kids for them. adoptive mother called to say she's preg. again, would she take it? she did...

and then she got pregnant.

Now she has 2 redheads, 2 brown kids & one that looks like her. Oh, and the oldest boy is out in Utah, in one of Dr. Phil's reform schools.

2 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

A home visit doesn't mean they will get approval.  But I agree that adoption is probably the life-changing event.  It is unlikely they will announce that they have a baby to bring home yet, unless it is a Central American kid and TLC has greased quite a few palms. 

21 minutes ago, fundiesarefascinating said:

Jessa, it's also said "Man plans, God laughs." I hope God laughs when it comes to this adoption hoopla. They're going to mess up enough bio kids as it is. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived