IGNORED

Counting On - Part 8: You've Seen Half this Show Before

choralcrusader8613

8 hours ago, nst said:

I am sure we could all have a discussion now about how many times a day we change our you knows when we have our period  -  :D 

Or a discussion on how many Ben thinks we go through.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Some days they only go through 3-4 diapers a day??? For a 4 month old?! That's not normal....right?? And they are acting like 7 a day is a huge amount???  That kid either isn't getting enough fluids or he's in a full/wet diaper for hours. Or maybe we're just crazy and changed our son's diaper a lot. 

When my daughter was a newborn I changed her with every feeding, so about every 3 hours. That meant 8 diapers a day at least.

I remember seeing an episode where Jessa was changing Spurge and I immediately thought his diaper was way too full. It was practically bursting at the seams.

13 hours ago, Carol said:

My personal favorite is "Christ in a Convertible!". 

Love the image him rolling down the road in a big ol' caddie convertible, hair blowing in the wind, elbow on the driver's door...pedal to the metal.

One that I use a lot is "Jesus Chrysler drives a Dodge" which invokes the same kind of imagery in my head. :pb_biggrin:

Ben might change only 3 or 4  a day but Jessa told him that she changes just as many.  He did come off as clueless about how many they go through in a day but she seemed to have a good handle on it.

6 hours ago, EyeQueue said:

That's what I was going to say. 3-4 diapers a day is a joke. 7 is a joke.

I really hope they're not doing that, because that can cause horrible damage. Like necessitating skin graft damage.

I wonder if they're using cloth diapers and are just playing dumb. Jessa has to know how many times kids need changed--I'm sure she's changed many an ass prior to the Spurge's.

I heard that the problem can be worse when using disposable diapers, especially the new ones that are "super absorbent," because people think they absorb so much they can go longer between diaper changes. :roll:

In the show, we've seen Jess with disposable diapers. 

And yeah, the diapers we use CAN hold a ton of pee (es evident by how full they are when he wakes up.) But during the day he is changed a lot.

3 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

We know that Jessa doesn't know how to use a carseat properly, Jill lets her kid tongue-kiss household appliances, Michelle saw her child's possible spinal injury as a photo op, and let her oldest son repeatedly sexually assault his own sisters; I doubt that Duggar mothers are going to be especially mindful of how often diapers need to be changed.

I can't remember which car seat mistake Jessa made. Refresh my memory, please.

These people know nothing about babies and children. It's ridiculous.

Ben might change only 3 or 4  a day but Jessa told him that she changes just as many.  He did come off as clueless about how many they go through in a day but she seemed to have a good handle on it.

That gives Jessa a lot of credit, maybe Hannie is lurking around. Even though she wasn't Jessa's buddy she's too old for "that kid stuff" right?

5 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

I am starting to think that Jessa was making fun of Ben (on camera) without him realizing it :D

Just now, benye said:

That gives Jessa a lot of credit, maybe Hannie is lurking around. Even though she wasn't Jessa's buddy she's too old for "that kid stuff" right?

?? No idea what you mean by the bolded.  They were packing for the trip and discussing how many to take and I think Jessa thought they needed 7 or 8 per day and he said he changed 4 or something like that.  Pretty sure she set him straight on that one.

?? No idea what you mean by the bolded.  They were packing for the trip and discussing how many to take and I think Jessa thought they needed 7 or 8 per day and he said he changed 4 or something like that.  Pretty sure she set him straight on that one.

I meant in a general situation (not the episode). Sorry for not making sense, I'm new and trying to jump in when I suppose I shouldn't lol

3 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

In the show, we've seen Jess with disposable diapers. 

And yeah, the diapers we use CAN hold a ton of pee (es evident by how full they are when he wakes up.) But during the day he is changed a lot.

I can't remember which car seat mistake Jessa made. Refresh my memory, please.

These people know nothing about babies and children. It's ridiculous.

Heavy coat on baby before strapping him in, straps in the wrong spot. Though not as bad as four-year-old Michael going without a booster seat, with the shoulder strap completely misaligned. Or as bad as SIL Jessica's Value Village Bam Margera boyfriend driving without a seatbelt at all. Or as bad Josh using Instagram while driving.

The diapers? I wonder if that comes from her upbringing (I'm not talking 'buy used and save the difference' lol) in that when they had less money, they used less diapers and she just thinks that's the normal amount to change?

Going off on a tangient (because I'm not suggesting anything, it just reminded me of this story), one of my friends parents split when I was about 10. The mum did a runner one day taking all of the children with her. It turned out that it was an abusive relationship and one of the ways the husband would exert his control was limiting the amount of diapers the wife could use per day on their baby.

On 5/1/2016 at 8:45 PM, EscapedCardinal said:

Sorry! I thought the warning was implicit enough...

Your warning was fine, I still wasn't prepared though. That's what I get for being so curious about everything.

The today show just did an expose on Kirk Cameron because he said wives have to submit 

they didn't bring up the duggars :D

That Kirk Cameron quote popped on FB. I left him a rude response.

15 hours ago, GreenTea said:

I would get a kick out of a Duggar and Bates wedding at Dollywood.  :happy-jumpeveryone:

They have a wedding planner that could easily put everything together for them. http://dollywoodsdreammoreresort.dollywood.com/Meetings-Events/Weddings 

They are probably competant enough to make sure everything goes as planned, but TLC wants manufactured Sierra drama.

2 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I thought his impression of how many diapers they use a day was probably way off.  If they were constantly leaving him in a very full, wet and/or messy diaper, that kid would probably not look so mellow and content.

2 hours ago, CoveredInBees said:

Going off on a tangient (because I'm not suggesting anything, it just reminded me of this story), one of my friends parents split when I was about 10. The mum did a runner one day taking all of the children with her. It turned out that it was an abusive relationship and one of the ways the husband would exert his control was limiting the amount of diapers the wife could use per day on their baby.

What an asshole!  Horrible but not surprising. When I worked for a women's shelter I met a woman in an abusive relationship where the husband would take all the phones in the house with him when he went to work so she couldn't talk to anyone during the day.
And they were a 1-car household where he always had the car so she was housebound a lot :( 

31 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

I thought his impression of how many diapers they use a day was probably way off.  If they were constantly leaving him in a very full, wet and/or messy diaper, that kid would probably not look so mellow and content.

This may explain why the poor kid keeps shitting his pants!

20 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Hey!!! I need a freaking change already!  Put down that Spurgeon sermon you're pretending to read and change my diaper!

2 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

Jessa flat out said "some days we go through 3 or 4 diapers a day." Not the exact quote but that's basically what she said.

ETA - I went back and watched. I was wrong. Jessa doesn't say it. Ben does. It goes like this...

Ben said - "Sometimes we can go through like 3 or 4 diapers in one day."

Jessa - "And other times it's like seven."

So she didn't say it, but she does make it seem like sometimes it's only 3 or 4. Yuck.

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

My kid would have leaky poo diapers in a brand new, dry as a bone diaper. If he took a crap in the car seat, we had to pull into the nearest parking lot to change him so it wouldn't leak on the seat. Those days weren't fun.

6 hours ago, CharityBear said:

When my daughter was a newborn I changed her with every feeding, so about every 3 hours. That meant 8 diapers a day at least.

I remember seeing an episode where Jessa was changing Spurge and I immediately thought his diaper was way too full. It was practically bursting at the seams.

When you raise 19 kids, 14 of them born in poverty, no way you change diapers if they are not full. That's what Jessa has been teached and she probably thinks it's ok.

3 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

When you raise 19 kids, 14 of them born in poverty, no way you change diapers if they are not full. That's what Jessa has been teached and she probably thinks it's ok.

yes but she took Bradley classes and Jill must have taught her something during their meaningful talks 

Diaper-gate:  since she's still breastfeeding (and seems to be BF exclusively-no solids yet), I'd say they have to be going through about twice as many diapers.  BF babies have yucky, runny pooh- the only plus is that it doesn't smell as bad as adult or formula pooh!   I'm actually surprised that as much as Jessa likes to talk about needing changes of clothes for Spud, that she hasn't shared that she's also needed a change, as he's had a blow out on her.  [yes, all four of my kids "baptized" me this way].

13 minutes ago, Mothership said:

Diaper-gate:  since she's still breastfeeding (and seems to be BF exclusively-no solids yet), I'd say they have to be going through about twice as many diapers.  BF babies have yucky, runny pooh- the only plus is that it doesn't smell as bad as adult or formula pooh!   I'm actually surprised that as much as Jessa likes to talk about needing changes of clothes for Spud, that she hasn't shared that she's also needed a change, as he's had a blow out on her.  [yes, all four of my kids "baptized" me this way].

I'm pretty sure that's a rite of passage for motherhood, isn't it?  Being pooped on, barfed on, and scratched by tiny little fingernails.  Sometimes taking a good bonk to the head as well.  LOL.  

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived