IGNORED

Counting On - Part 8: You've Seen Half this Show Before

choralcrusader8613

1 hour ago, Coy Koi said:

Same with me. And now my mom says "OMGosh" in texts so I don't get the wrong idea. Ha...like there would ever be any doubt about what she meant.

I thought we had just about covered the "alternate curse" topic when I suddenly remembered

"Shazbat" 

Mork embarks (not seen on the show)

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, calimojo said:

I would not be all that interested in that.  Pregnancy interests me more, but only because I have an OB background.  Weddings, not so much.  but if one of them actually did a cool wedding, I suppose that would be mildly entertaining.  I would love to see a kid have a small wedding, a lovely and classy intimate affair, instead of these mega weddings that they have.  You know the true purpose of these huge weddings was not only to get a bunch of gifts, but also to try to prove to the outside world just how popular they are and how many other idiots follow their cultish beliefs.  They are trying so hard to convince themselves that they are in the "cool crowd", when it is painfully obvious that they are far far from that.

There would be nothing more satisfying than a Bates/Duggar pairing choosing to have a small wedding...

7 minutes ago, MorningMist said:

There would be nothing more satisfying than a Bates/Duggar pairing choosing to have a small wedding...

Better yet, trashy Vegas chapel elopement, with Elvis presiding over the ceremony.

My parents did a trashy-but-kid-friendly Vegas wedding as their vow renewal for their tenth anniversary. My sister and I were flower girls, Elvis officiated, and the chapel was across the street from a bail bonds office. Then we went for burgers and a magic show. So much fun, and were familial pressures not such that I basically need to have a traditional wedding, I'd totally do it as my wedding, but way less kid-friendly.

My personal favorite is "Christ in a Convertible!". 

Love the image him rolling down the road in a big ol' caddie convertible, hair blowing in the wind, elbow on the driver's door...pedal to the metal.

I am about 700 pages behind so I have no idea what people are talking about. I'll try my best to get at least a little up to speed later.

But I am just now watching last week's episode and had to come over and comment (I'm sure you guys discussed this a week ago.)

Some days they only go through 3-4 diapers a day??? For a 4 month old?! That's not normal....right?? And they are acting like 7 a day is a huge amount???  That kid either isn't getting enough fluids or he's in a full/wet diaper for hours. Or maybe we're just crazy and changed our son's diaper a lot. 

And what the hell is with this stupid recap episode? What is the point?

@ClaraOswin I took that bit about the diapers that DimBin only changed 4 a day on "his shift."  He has no clue what his wife does when he is out rapping or mowing.

You are right, it was a recap, as most epis have been.  One more on Tuesday, allegedly with a "life changing/altering" announcement.  I am planning to cringe-watch.

24 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I am about 700 pages behind so I have no idea what people are talking about. I'll try my best to get at least a little up to speed later.

But I am just now watching last week's episode and had to come over and comment (I'm sure you guys discussed this a week ago.)

Some days they only go through 3-4 diapers a day??? For a 4 month old?! That's not normal....right?? And they are acting like 7 a day is a huge amount???  That kid either isn't getting enough fluids or he's in a full/wet diaper for hours. Or maybe we're just crazy and changed our son's diaper a lot. 

thank you from a mother's perspective about Spud's diapers

wouldn't surprise me if they left him wet 

I am sure we could all have a discussion now about how many times a day we change our you knows when we have our period  -  :D 

21 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

@ClaraOswin I took that bit about the diapers that DimBin only changed 4 a day on "his shift."  He has no clue what his wife does when he is out rapping or mowing.

You are right, it was a recap, as most epis have been.  One more on Tuesday, allegedly with a "life changing/altering" announcement.  I am planning to cringe-watch.

I hadn't heard there would be some announcement. I didn't finish last week's yet. I turned on Grantchester instead.

If Jinger is courting, please dear God in heaven don't let it be Cooper Dauer. Looks like he was also in El Salvador in December 2015.

1 minute ago, somanybooks said:

If Jinger is courting, please dear God in heaven don't let it be Cooper Dauer. Looks like he was also in El Salvador in December 2015.

now he is smary 

1 hour ago, somanybooks said:

According to his FB he lives in Singapore so that doesn't jibe with what she said about not having to go far to find a man.  https://www.facebook.com/dauer.cooper

Edited to add: Unless he came to her...

Does the forum title change if Jinger is courting? Because if she is, she's stuck for the rest of her life and unlikely to ever want to escape?

4 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

I hope to god they're not leaving him sitting in his own filth for hours. Yes, Ben, poop is yucky. Know what's yuckier? Diaper rash and skin infections from letting a baby with delicate skin SIT AND LIE IN HIS OWN SHIT FOR HOURS.

5 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I hope to god they're not leaving him sitting in his own filth for hours. Yes, Ben, poop is yucky. Know what's yuckier? Diaper rash and skin infections from letting a baby with delicate skin SIT AND LIE IN HIS OWN SHIT FOR HOURS.

That's what I was going to say. 3-4 diapers a day is a joke. 7 is a joke.

I really hope they're not doing that, because that can cause horrible damage. Like necessitating skin graft damage.

I wonder if they're using cloth diapers and are just playing dumb. Jessa has to know how many times kids need changed--I'm sure she's changed many an ass prior to the Spurge's.

I heard that the problem can be worse when using disposable diapers, especially the new ones that are "super absorbent," because people think they absorb so much they can go longer between diaper changes. :roll:

Some people on Instagram and the comments of Pickles on FB have been speculating that the announcement is something regarding Derrick's health.

I sincerely hope this stays speculation and does not become real.

I'm still only on part three, but I just wanted to mention this:

Duggarwatch said: This picture shows Jana Duggar in Central America distributing The Lies We Believe that Cause Stress and Disease by Bill Gothard.

Was he trying to sound like a knock-off Dr Seuss, or was that unintentional?

Greetings from Ireland on a Bank Holiday Monday morning, people! :cracking-up:

Just dropped in to say that the new series is FINALLY starting on my tellybox tonight! The three specials have been aired over the last month and I've actually been pretty gripped by it. Obviously there were no real surprises in it for me as I've read every word on here, but I still enjoyed watching it and giggling to myself as I remembered choice bits of FJ snark :clap:.

You guys rock, just sayin'!

55 minutes ago, IrishCarrie said:

Greetings from Ireland on a Bank Holiday Monday morning, people! :cracking-up:

Just dropped in to say that the new series is FINALLY starting on my tellybox tonight! The three specials have been aired over the last month and I've actually been pretty gripped by it. Obviously there were no real surprises in it for me as I've read every word on here, but I still enjoyed watching it and giggling to myself as I remembered choice bits of FJ snark :clap:.

You guys rock, just sayin'!

Oooh, I wonder if it will be on my tellybox in the UK. I'm watched them online but watching on my TV would be better.

Also, yay for bank holidays! I love 3 day weekends, it's 11:30am and I'm still in bed....but because my work isn't open on bank holidays yet they still pay us for them, means I'm lying in bed and getting paid for it. Result!

3 hours ago, EyeQueue said:

That's what I was going to say. 3-4 diapers a day is a joke. 7 is a joke.

I really hope they're not doing that, because that can cause horrible damage. Like necessitating skin graft damage.

I wonder if they're using cloth diapers and are just playing dumb. Jessa has to know how many times kids need changed--I'm sure she's changed many an ass prior to the Spurge's.

I heard that the problem can be worse when using disposable diapers, especially the new ones that are "super absorbent," because people think they absorb so much they can go longer between diaper changes. :roll:

We know that Jessa doesn't know how to use a carseat properly, Jill lets her kid tongue-kiss household appliances, Michelle saw her child's possible spinal injury as a photo op, and let her oldest son repeatedly sexually assault his own sisters; I doubt that Duggar mothers are going to be especially mindful of how often diapers need to be changed.

Back to small weddings - I remember wishing that Jessa would get married in the glass chapel. How beautiful that would have been. Intimate, by their standards. Instead, we got 400+ people standing in the parking lot in November eating ice-cream!

5 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Back to small weddings - I remember wishing that Jessa would get married in the glass chapel. How beautiful that would have been. Intimate, by their standards. Instead, we got 400+ people standing in the parking lot in November eating ice-cream!

I thought it was close to 1000

I wish I could've had my wedding in that chapel. It wouuld have been more than adequate for my ceremony.

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived