IGNORED

Counting On - Part 8: You've Seen Half this Show Before

choralcrusader8613

57 minutes ago, Carol said:

The more I think about this the more I'm sticking with Jill and Derrick not coming home and that they are going to adopt ASAP while there.  Why would they take half the family down there to see them if Jill and Derrick are coming home in a couple of months.  I also think Boob and J'chelle's sudden, short trip down there was for Boob to try to talk them out of their decision.  Didn't work.  I'm 100% sure of it. :my_cool:

Thank you and please don't post that you think I am wrong 'cause I'm not. 

In Jesus's name.  Amen.  And all that jazz.

a couple things - Jessa says it's a testament to her family that she and the Duggars are going to SCARYCA yet -(BECAUSE OF THE  SCANDAL) YET  they were all there at xmas and when DQ and Boob went earlier or later 2016- she is constantly saying things are a testament when they are actually not - when in actuality they just spend what 30grand a trip 3 x a year practically. 

I don't think the Dillards are adopting

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Of course I had to look it up and can someone please pass the brain bleach. I have hardly lead a sheltered life but I had no idea about , uh, feltching. I threw up in my mouth a little bit reading about it.

Yeah, I just googled, saw the preview of the definition and went NOPE and closed the window.  

As I have said for a while, I always learn something new here.  Can someone please share the brain bleach?!  Over here, please.

1 hour ago, Mothership said:

So, in the preview, we've got Jill saying that she's not pregnant.  

I think we've got a Jinger courtship on the horizon.  RUN JINGER RUN!

Although I knew Jinger was getting to know a guy/pre-courting (the dodging of questions, hinting, people saying she was Skyping with someone at the Bates grad party), but I thought the announcement was going to be a pregnant or adopting Jill. 

I guess they could announce a courting Jinger, but wouldn't they introduce this mystery man and give some background first? It's odd to say you have a reality show then show no reality. 

1 hour ago, EmCatlyn said:

If Jinger courts and seems to have found a reasonably good guy, and gets married, and seems happy . . . does that mean we have to change the name of FJ?  :confusion-scratchheadyellow:

We could say it was step one of Jinger's multi-step freedom plan. It's a long and evolving escape plan. :penguin-wink:  

21 minutes ago, GreenTea said:

Although I knew Jinger was getting to know a guy/pre-courting (the dodging of questions, hinting, people saying she was Skyping with someone at the Bates grad party), but I thought the announcement was going to be a pregnant or adopting Jill. 

I guess they could announce a courting Jinger, but wouldn't they introduce this mystery man and give some background first? It's odd to say you have a reality show then show no reality.   

I agree, if anything is announced about Jinger in the next episode it will just be that she's interested in someone, or has a "special friend". If it was a courtship already, you could put good money on TLC having setting up the whole situation episodes ago, slowly introducing him as a friend of a family so viewers will at least know who it is. That's pretty much how Nathan and Ashley was introduced in BuB despite the fact we all knew they were courting.

If it is special friend/courtship I wonder how they will go about showing it since parents tend to be heavily involved in these sorts of things (thinking DQ being present every time a full frontal hug happened or a prayerful hand holding session).  Would they bring the 2015 nominees for worst parents back on the show more than they already have?  And if so would that be the final nail in the coffin for the show to see them nosing about and controlling? It would see sort of counter the "independent Duggar girl" story they have been selling. 

I think TLC are desperate for a wedding, it would (alas) do a great deal towards the viewing figures. People would tune in to see the dresses (I'm a sucker for a wedding) and to see if Josh is in the wedding party.

I'd love to see Jinger (all of the girls) go to college. Well, I can dream, right?

1 minute ago, CoveredInBees said:

I think TLC are desperate for a wedding, it would (alas) do a great deal towards the viewing figures. People would tune in to see the dresses (I'm a sucker for a wedding) and to see if Josh is in the wedding party.

I'd love to see Jinger (all of the girls) go to college. Well, I can dream, right?

If TLC / Boob are desperate for a wedding and story lines regardless of the non commercials yet someone said it is high in the ratings 

would Jinger's courtship which she would do to support the cause be worth watching since she is so freaking sad and boring. 

With all the other the Duggar courtships, they've always introduced the person on the show after the official courting has been established.  Save for the social media photos that gave the girls away and started the speculation, it was quiet on the show.   So, it wouldn't shock me at all if they're ready to spring another courtship on us.   It's not hard at all to get some film of the happy couple before the courtship permission is formally filmed or re-enacted for the show, especially as low key as the show has kept it to date.

Look how all the Bates girls were asked to make their friendships official and enter into a formal courtship.  It was a big day, almost as big as the engagement day.  They all had a special location with family involvement, flowers, pictures and the like. 

The Duggar's, while on camera, were awkward, quiet and certainly weren't 'special', other than Jill's was in a foreign country and cost a fortune!   I still believe the timelines were skewed with Jill's courting and she was probably official around the same time as Jessa, but the the story telling timeline was 'delayed' so focus could be paid to both courtships and was made easier by the travel logistics.

23 minutes ago, Smoochie said:

With all the other the Duggar courtships, they've always introduced the person on the show after the official courting has been established.

Wasn't Ben introduced on the show before he asked to court Jessa? If I recall, Ben and Jessa's friendship was leaked or sleuths put two and two together from photos so they had to act quickly.

They wouldn't announce the courtship on the show until they had a least introduced the guy first. Regardless of whether we know about it or not, it's just sloppy television considering general viewers won't have a clue who it is if it was just suddenly dropped on us. 

1 hour ago, Sweet Fellowship said:

Wasn't Ben introduced on the show before he asked to court Jessa? If I recall, Ben and Jessa's friendship was leaked or sleuths put two and two together from photos so they had to act quickly.

if that is true - it would make sense how they would slide it in to the season finale big sale episode 

because if you look at all of Jessa's spots in that episode Ben is everywhere and he isn't shy about the camera even then 

So are they really going to just marry off one kid each season to keep the show going? How many tacky, fundy weddings are people going to watch? It isn't a joyous occasion watching and knowing that the woman is further entrenching herself in a a culture where she no control over her own life and goes from being owned by her father to owned by her husband. None of the Duggar women are going to marry men who move them out of fundamentalism to just regular conservative Christianity where they live lives as the rest of us. 

One of the J-slaves could have met someone when they were on their mission trip white-savior vacation and he didn't come back to Arkansas till recently, thus making it easy for the tabloids to miss the scoop.

40 minutes ago, socalrules said:

So are they really going to just marry off one kid each season to keep the show going? How many tacky, fundy weddings are people going to watch? It isn't a joyous occasion watching and knowing that the woman is further entrenching herself in a a culture where she no control over her own life and goes from being owned by her father to owned by her husband. None of the Duggar women are going to marry men who move them out of fundamentalism to just regular conservative Christianity where they live lives as the rest of us. 

I mean, some people will watch for the "wholesomeness" (look they saved their first kiss for their wedding, kids, you should do that too, repress your sexuality until some guy comes along to claim it!) and some will watch for the shitshow but either way, people are going to watch. I don't know for how long they'll be able to string it on, but they've got at least one more wedding in em. Think of all the people who are going to watch to support the family moving on after the tragedy they walked through! Think of all the other people who are going to watch to see what the fuck awkward and/or terrible things are going on with this family now that they've doubled down on their particular brand of crazy. It is the first wedding since the scandals, it'll generate interest one way or another.

Am I horribly shallow for kind of hoping Jinger is getting married, simply because I really want to see what kind of wedding dress she picks out? She has the best fashion sense of all the girls, so I want her to have a really awesome dress.

I may or may not be on Pinterest looking at modest yet fashion-forward dresses...

Growing up in a very strict Catholic household, we were not allowed to say "Oh my God" because it was taking the Lord's name in vain. The first time I said it, I was 12 or 13, and I thought my mother was going to kill me.

12 minutes ago, snarkykitty said:

Growing up in a very strict Catholic household, we were not allowed to say "Oh my God" because it was taking the Lord's name in vain. The first time I said it, I was 12 or 13, and I thought my mother was going to kill me.

Same here. My family could get pretty irreverent, but in my house, if I said God, Jesus, etc., I had better have been using it in prayer, or my mother would have given me a lecture. D-it/GD-it was considered even worse than that, because of the whole "what you bind on Earth is bound in heaven" passage, so unless we literally wanted something to go to hell forever in torment, we couldn't say it.

On 30/04/2016 at 10:04 AM, amendgitan said:

I had a Muslim friend who was a virgin on her wedding night who told me she felt dirty and had to clean the kitchen every time they had sex. That was months later. 

I'm sorry to hear that.  In a perfect world everyone would be able to have a healthy relationship with sex and be encouraged to take their own time and do what makes them comfortable no matter what that is. Oh, how I wish we could live in that world. 

1 hour ago, snarkykitty said:

Same with me. And now my mom says "OMGosh" in texts so I don't get the wrong idea. Ha...like there would ever be any doubt about what she meant.

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Am I horribly shallow for kind of hoping Jinger is getting married, simply because I really want to see what kind of wedding dress she picks out? She has the best fashion sense of all the girls, so I want her to have a really awesome dress.

I may or may not be on Pinterest looking at modest yet fashion-forward dresses...

I'll admit to having the same thought...  I'm a sucker for looking at wedding dresses.  

but their weddings are the worst. Parking lot receptions?  No real food, people crammed in,  Horrible Bridesmaid dresses?  Running down the aisle, ugh. 

I would not be all that interested in that.  Pregnancy interests me more, but only because I have an OB background.  Weddings, not so much.  but if one of them actually did a cool wedding, I suppose that would be mildly entertaining.  I would love to see a kid have a small wedding, a lovely and classy intimate affair, instead of these mega weddings that they have.  You know the true purpose of these huge weddings was not only to get a bunch of gifts, but also to try to prove to the outside world just how popular they are and how many other idiots follow their cultish beliefs.  They are trying so hard to convince themselves that they are in the "cool crowd", when it is painfully obvious that they are far far from that.

On the one hand, I live for the wedding wank on FJ whenever there's a fundie wedding.

On the other hand, it's damn depressing to watch these kids throw out whatever personality they might have had and replace it with: dates with hubby! People Mag photoshoots! whoopsie I made too much chickenetti! yay choo choo!

14 minutes ago, calimojo said:

but their weddings are the worst. Parking lot receptions?  No real food, people crammed in,  Horrible Bridesmaid dresses?  Running down the aisle, ugh. 

Good description, but you forgot the barefoot part.

9 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

On the one hand, I live for the wedding wank on FJ whenever there's a fundie wedding.

On the other hand, it's damn depressing to watch these kids throw out whatever personality they might have had and replace it with: dates with hubby! People Mag photoshoots! whoopsie I made too much chickenetti! yay choo choo!

It's also depressing when they start using their 'married adult' social media privileges to fill the internets with smug preachy crap and endless pregnancy selfies. Their social media posts are depressing proof of their lack of independent thought, and generally make them less likeable.

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived