IGNORED

Kids Survive Shooting of 8 Family Members

roddma

6 hours ago, roddma said:

This is so horrible, but they still haven't got any suspects. It says the 4 yr old possibly witnessed the mother's murder. The community is shocked 

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/22/us/ohio-shooting-pike-county/

Where does it say 4 year old?

Quote from your link:

Investigators discovered seven adults and a 16-year-old dead at four crime scenes, Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine said. The victims included a mother slain while her 4-day-old child lay beside her, he said.

That child, along with a 6-month-old and a 3-year-old, survived the killings, Reader said.

Quote 2:

"It would appear all of them were shot in the head," DeWine said. "It would appear it occurred at night. ... The mother was killed in bed with the 4-day-old right there."

Just to be perfectly clear, the bold and underline are emphasis I added.

Yes, this is a tragedy.

But creating elements that are wholly inaccurate doesn't help.

Um.  So roddma misred 4 day old as 4 year old.  It can happen.

Yes, this is awful.  I've been reading all the news articles that I see on my fb feed...and I'm trying not to speculate on WHY, but seriously, why?  8 members of the same family?  This wasn't some random thing, obviously. I'm just thankful the killer spared the tiny children. 

I just heard about this tragic news. On the tv news they interviewed the family's pastor and who said that the congregation had gathered in church for special service. The way the pastor was talking pinged my radar and I wonder if the family involved is fundie.  The isolationism of some fundies allows them to hide awful abuse or other problems. I wonder if perhaps an abused family member snapped and destroyed the family. All speculation of course but I do wonder.

24 minutes ago, klynn said:

Um.  So roddma misred 4 day old as 4 year old.  It can happen.

yeah, but it happens a lot with roddma. 

26 minutes ago, Curious said:

yeah, but it happens a lot with roddma. 

I'm going to stay out of this one, but I know I have misread things I've read when it's a highly emotional/sickening topic. 

Anyway, I hope this sick individual is found, and quickly!  I can't imagine how neighbors, remaining family members, and the community feel.  On edge, I'm sure!!

It's easy to suspect Fundiebut i guess we'll know soon enough..Given they didnt kill the younger kids, it does sound like someone who new them. So I misread 4 day old It happens in wee hours of the morning. Im on an open network since neighbors are out so connections are splotchy sometimes so I won't get to post as much for now.

On 23 April 2016 at 1:40 AM, browngrl said:

I just heard about this tragic news. On the tv news they interviewed the family's pastor and who said that the congregation had gathered in church for special service. The way the pastor was talking pinged my radar and I wonder if the family involved is fundie.  The isolationism of some fundies allows them to hide awful abuse or other problems. I wonder if perhaps an abused family member snapped and destroyed the family. All speculation of course but I do wonder.

They've found three "marijuana grow operations" at the crime scenes, so I doubt they were fundies.

I've been following this closely.  There are many different articles reporting different things.  One source is saying it was over a $3k demo derby car.  And I can see there being jealousy over that, sure, but not enough to kill 8 freaking people.  They also did find the 3 grow operations.  There are rumors flying about this, and tons of conspiracy theories, such as Mexican drug cartels being involved, cock fighting rings, something about a uranium plant out that way.  I'm not sure we will ever know what truly happened.

I also doubt they're fundie.  Too many kids out of wedlock/living together before marriage/marijuana for that.

Yeah, not fundie, I did some FB stalking. They also didn't seem to be living beyond their means or anything as far as the grow operations go. They were apparently widely liked in the community, and seem like your average blue collar small town family. There were other adult family members who lived in the town as well who weren't sought out so it's all very strange.

I hope they can get to the bottom of it because it's terrifying. Does anyone know if they have any leads?

Do they know how long the children were there before they were discoverd? This stuff gives me chills.

Local people believe it was a targeted attack performed by hit guys who are now long gone. This happened fairly locally to me and is just a horrible tragedy.

28 minutes ago, MakeitSew said:

Local people believe it was a targeted attack performed by hit guys who are now long gone. This happened fairly locally to me and is just a horrible tragedy.

Agree.  This just screams drug-related professional hit by cartel/mafia.  So incredibly sad for the surviving children and family.  I can't even imagine having to bury 8 family members at once.

18 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

Do they know how long the children were there before they were discoverd? This stuff gives me chills.

I don't think it was too long.  I believe they're thinking the time of deaths were between 1-3am and daybreak.  Bodies started to be discovered around 7am.  IMO, whoever did the killing knew someone would be by early that morning and that the kids would be found pretty early.  I'm only basing this off things I've read over at websleuths, so take that how you want it :)

This horrible tragedy happened VERY close to me, and it was absolutely frightening when it all started. I haven't heard anything about a car, but Our Attorney General did say three large grow operations and loads of roosters for cock fighting were found. The local business owner who offered a reward took it back once that stuff was found. Honestly, a whole lot of local media and general community support went real quiet once that stuff was announced. We went from several articles per day to maybe one small article a day on my local news -- and that really was just telling the community briefly about the funerals.

The fact that the victims were all shot at least three times -- some were shot nine, I recall -- says volumes about the message being sent by the killers. They also said that there were no signs of forced entry, and all the "guard dogs" were alive and didn't alert the family to any intruders.

@FlamingFundie sounds like it was someone familiar to the family, then. I'm about 2 hours from where it happened, and people are talking a lot about the case. I know the idea of the cartel has been thrown around, but they don't seem to care much about childrens' lives, so the fact that the kids were left alive also seems to hint at someone who knew the family. 

Archived