IGNORED

Sister Wives 3 - Collective in Crisis?

2 hours ago, Pretzel said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think part of it is just speculation. Logan, Aspyn and Mariah still go to college. We don't know whether Mykelti has quit or if she's taking just a few semesters off so she can earn some money and continue her studies later. Maddie has stated publicly that she's going to continue her studies after marriage. So what, it's her choice. Not everybody needs to go to college. 

I didn't state anything was wrong with it, just that they had a good plan for continuing on. College seemed important to all of them. Can't snark on that because I am still not finished 12 yrs later(although I do see the light at the end of the tunnel).  ;) 

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/28/2016 at 10:46 PM, downtherabbithole said:

So most of the ones that started college have now quit? What gives? It seemed like they all had a good plan for continuing on to college.

No, only Mykelti. The rest have continued. And Mykelti works. Lots of kids take a year off to work; we don't know if she's coming back, transferring, or decided it just wasn't for her. 

I think it's great when kids decide to leave or forgo college when they realize it isn't for them.  Too many people rack up massive debt for a degree that isn't even what they want or need.  

That being said, Maddie concerns me.  When a woman marries young without a degree or work experience she could later fall back on, it is very easy for her to become a financial prisoner in the marriage.  This is WHY many patriarchal groups (like FLDS) practice or encourage young marriage:  because it is a way to ensure that a young woman is so dependent on her husband that she is unlikely to ever leave, no matter what.

I'm not against young marriage.  But in most young marriages, both parties do work for a time.  And in many, many cases, supportive partners help their spouse continue their education...not interrupt it.  A marriage of a young woman to an older man that forces her (whether directly or no) to drop out of college is something that raises red flags to me and something that should be looked at with suspicion.  

On 4/23/2016 at 10:32 PM, Georgiana said:

At least on my browser, there is a blue line that marks where I have read up to on every thread (provided I read it while signed in).  So I don't think there's much need to do that here :) 

Thank you! I kept wondering what that line meant.

• 2 weeks later...

We are T minus three hours, right?  Who's going to be watching tonight?

I'm tivoing it at 11p because I refuse, REFUSE, to miss Game of Thrones for Sister Wives.

You think there will be drama?   I'm not holding out much hope.  I'm thinking it will be more like the Duggar's LIFE CHANGING ANNOUNCEMENT - "oh wait.  Never mind"...   there will be two seconds of 'no affair' Meri declares and 'don't you like me?' whines Kody and then back to...  same old same old.   OMG ROBYN.  Don't forget what the important thing is - we get to endure the birth of the new princess....   I can't watch till tomorrow but will hopefully read recaps first, and maybe not bother.

I think I may have this show set to record in my bedroom, where I can hide-watch without my husband  knowing.  Usual scenario:

Me: 'Ok, I'm just really tired so just going to head up, ok?' 

Mr. F: ''Yeah, I'm pretty tired too.  I will be up in a minute.'

Me: 'Shit.'

Is someone going to be live recapping this? Alas, I do not have cable anymore to see this shitshow.

2 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

We are T minus three hours, right?  Who's going to be watching tonight?

I'm watching now. Will snark later.

Twenty four minutes in, nothing snark worthy yet. Kody has trimmed his hair a bit, still looks like a mop.

Caleb just arrived to move Maddie to Wyoming, Montana, or somewhere. She is not moving in with him, tee-hee. Maddie is awfully close to Caleb on the couch. Cody is annoying and won't leave them alone.

Robin give her couch to Maddie (yawn).

Cody said he is going to hand over the baton completely in a few months. Ugh. 

Everybody goes to dinner with the happy couple. None of them were invited.

The family therapist will show up to help them wortk through the catfish issue. We should all have a family therapist on retainer.

There were so many horrible statements. 

Janelle saying they're naive made my brain hurt.

christine and thinking they were stronger than this, sobbin getting all indignant. 

Why is it not one of them offered a solution to Meri feeling isolated and alone?

and Kody could care less because she pushed him away and hurt his feelers. 

What a bunch of high school acting adults. No wonder Maddy wanted out.

21 hours ago, EyeQueue said:

Is someone going to be live recapping this? Alas, I do not have cable anymore to see this shitshow.

I stream (free) on [redacted] or [redacted]. PM me if I can assist in any way.

2 hours ago, OperaRocks said:

I stream (free) on *redacted*. PM me if I can assist in any way.

Just a caveat for everybody, streaming services are questionably legal (or possibly just plain illegal) in many places. They also may have problems with malicious advertisements that can give your computer/tablet/smartphone viruses.

29 minutes ago, December said:

Just a caveat for everybody, streaming services are questionably legal (or possibly just plain illegal) in many places. They also may have problems with malicious advertisements that can give your computer/tablet/smartphone viruses.

Yes, be certain your Adblock or Adblock Plus is current. Always use protection, lol.  There are forums out there to provide you with further data. It is not illegal where I live. Remember, do not download, just stream. Sites do take down links if requested, which is what happens on YT from time to time. l where I live to use these sites. Best of luck.

Just watched the episode. To me, Meri clearly wants out completely and just can't bring herself to say it yet. Especially in terms of her and kody. I feel bad from her in a way but wish she would be honest about why it happened. I feel bad that Mariah is taking such a hard line with her at least according to what it looks like on previews. That's got to be tough. 

28 minutes ago, OperaRocks said:

Yes, be certain your Adblock or Adblock Plus is current. Always use protection, lol.  There are forums out there to provide you with further data. It is not illegal where I live. Remember, do not download, just stream. Sites do take down links if requested, which is what happens on YT from time to time. l where I live to use these sites. Best of luck.

What I said before -- for many users of this forum, going on those streaming sites is potentially dodgy for legal reasons and potential for malware. 

For Americans at least it looks like the TLC site has some full episodes, video clips and a notice that you can watch recent seasons of Sister Wives on Hulu:

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/sister-wives/

1 hour ago, December said:

What I said before -- for many users of this forum, going on those streaming sites is potentially dodgy for legal reasons and potential for malware. 

For Americans at least it looks like the TLC site has some full episodes, video clips and a notice that you can watch recent seasons of Sister Wives on Hulu:

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/sister-wives/

Unfortunately, Hulu is not free. One of the biggest risks of streaming a lot is going over your data allotment for the month. I stream a lot (Amazon, Hulu, and Netfix), but through my Roku on my real tee vee, and no problems yet. 

1 hour ago, MsSaylor said:

Just watched the episode. To me, Meri clearly wants out completely and just can't bring herself to say it yet. Especially in terms of her and kody. I feel bad from her in a way but wish she would be honest about why it happened. I feel bad that Mariah is taking such a hard line with her at least according to what it looks like on previews. That's got to be tough. 

Meri doesn't seem like she has an ounce of happiness in her. I wish that they would admit that Meri had a full-blown emotional affair, which can be as devastating to a marriage as a  physical one. That therapist wasn't helping too much, in my opinion. Meri needs therapy on her own to figure herself out.

I don't get why Meri can't rotate through the other three houses and help with all those kids. Her isolation is kinda voluntary.  She wants to be invited, gosh darn it, she is, or was, the Queen Bee.  All this sister wife crap is crap.  Mariah has blossomed into her own person, unlike the Duggar and Bateseseses broods. That can happen when they leave the nest.

DO NOT post regarding rules any further in this topic.   If you feel you must continue arguing with the administration please take it to this thread: http://www.freejinger.org/topic/26800-rules-discussion-was-sisterwives-3/

2 hours ago, December said:

I steer clear from those sites, as much as I appreciate people giving suggestions for how my cable-less self can get my fill of Sister Wives. :) I just wait until it's posted on the TLC site or Netflix or Hulu, and suck it up. 

It hurt to watch Meri during that "therapy" session. And I wondered.....was that really the first time they discussed it.....if not they are all really good actors. Except Kody who just stares and makes strange remarks in the TH. I couldn't help but feel bad for Meri. She needs a job outside the home, but she is really still ripe for an affair. She shares her "husband" with this three other wives and her daughter is grown. Not much going on for her there on the cul-de-sac. 

Does anyone know why Mariah is angry? I have watched quite a bit but somehow missed that part. Just general angst? The divorce and stuff?

It is a crazy lifestyle IMHO. Can't see how it works, or maybe it doesn't really. 

3 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

It hurt to watch Meri during that "therapy" session. And I wondered.....was that really the first time they discussed it.....if not they are all really good actors. Except Kody who just stares and makes strange remarks in the TH. I couldn't help but feel bad for Meri. She needs a job outside the home, but she is really still ripe for an affair. She shares her "husband" with this three other wives and her daughter is grown. Not much going on for her there on the cul-de-sac. 

Does anyone know why Mariah is angry? I have watched quite a bit but somehow missed that part. Just general angst? The divorce and stuff?

It is a crazy lifestyle IMHO. Can't see how it works, or maybe it doesn't really. 

I mean, I'd be mad if I was Mariah.  Her mother had a very public affair.

Not only that, but Meri has been selling Mariah on this lifestyle her entire life...and now, it looks to Mariah like it has all been a lie.   Mariah was ON TAPE on NATIONAL TV being marinated in the kool-aid.  She was pro-plural marriage all the way, largely because of her parents' marriage...and now it comes out that her mother hasn't been honest with anyone regarding her marriage.  It's got to be embarrassing for Mariah, but also terrifying.  Her mother almost got her into the same net all because she wouldn't be honest about how it was to be in a plural marriage.  

It can be hard to transition to seeing your parents as fallible, normal adults.  But I would bet Mariah also feels now like she can't trust her mother at all.  What else has been a lie?  What else has her mother lied to her about?  What other truths hasn't Mariah been told?

Mariah probably just needs space to step back and sort out the truth from the lies.  She needs space to come to terms with this.  And avoiding Meri and the cameras is probably a good call.  

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived