IGNORED

Sister Wives 3 - Collective in Crisis?

1 hour ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

Jackie's at it again, this time trying to take down one of her former victims, Cheryl, whom she claims has 101 Twitter accounts to "stalk" "him." Meri talks to Cheryl, and I assume their friendship was founded on Meri finding out the truth about "Sam".

How can Jackie possibly have all these Twitter accounts shut down?

I'm sure she has a number of -Twitter accounts herself which she uses to report the accounts of people she doesn't like. There's a SW group on Facebook that does the exact same thing. 

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, tonight's episode of Manipulative Meri ... errrr....  Sister Wives ... has begun.

"Unforgiven" is the title.  Oh boy.

Well, Maddy & her wedding dress are BEAUTIFUL.

And Meri is creating yet more revisionist history as she speaks.  Enough with the fake tears & wobbly voice already!

I love love love that Cody is just concerned about a new baby's importance as a tax deduction.  Asswipe.

I agree 1000%, @MarblesMom.  Glad I'm not the only one who caught that.

"A baby on January 1st means nothing.  A baby on the 31st (of Dec.) means everything."  Shit-eating huge grin.
Let's be honest:  With 6 dependents already, Janelle & Christine probably don't pay taxes anyway.  So now Sobbyn's brood moves into tax-free status as well.

Oh, my my my my MY MY MY!!!

How the balance of power has shifted!!!  Sobbyn just shut Meri down cold about taking King Sol to visit Mariah.
And Meri was PISSED.  And freakin' SLAMMED the door on the way out.:boom:

(sorry .. have no idea why I'm getting false spoilers again ...)

Can someone more techy than I ... please do a screen grab of the word plaque in Meri's living room?

I've been watching these last three episodes to see what it says.

All I can get is the last three words:  " ... gone horribly wrong"

Thanks!!!

@ChickenettiLuvrThat plaque has been hysterical in all the shots of it.  The camera was pretty focused on it when the therapist was over and I was spitting wine everywhere.  SO awesome.

I am not techy, but I am sure someone will grab it for you!

And this current drama over Solomon is just so Jr High I cannot even.

Whoops ... didn't realize I'd missed this in a previous thread.  Shoot.

....  and this King Sol lunacy is beyond cray-cray.  Even for Sobbyn.  She sure does wield the magic scepter now, doesn't she???

I think flashbacks to Cody's alleged "dancing" (twerking?!) moves are 25 seconds of my life I am going to need back....

:eyewash:

I have read how people dance indicates how they move in bed, and now I am just like... ewww.

I am a very deep person and I would like to say that I noticed that Meri's makeup/skin are looking SO much better. 

Boring with the whining and drama about taking Solomon to Utah. Dragged and dragged. 

Also, Meri, Christine, Janelle and a number of the older girls are really overweight and Cody looks pretty fit. 

OMGosh, going to college got you to critically THINK and decide polygamy is not for you!!!  Can I get an AMEN for education?!?!?!

I know that Mariah is still young, and mad at her mom, but damn she is treating her like crap. Like a rude 13 year old would talk to her mom. It's painful to watch her embarrass herself.  Almost as painful as watching Meri get hurt over the fact she can't take a 4 year old with sleep issues on an out of state trip. They both are very immature. 

Wow.  I feel like I'm watching Maddy & Cara Gosselin treat Kate like shit.

And Meri-Kate acting like the innocent victim in all of it.

Cody did NOT just criticize his wife in labor.  Tell me we are not going to see that in its entirety next week. 

5 demerit points to him.  Let her do her thing.

I can't believe Meri basically admitted she wanted to bring Sol so it would be less awkward/tense with Mariah.  Mariah's eyebrow comment towards Meri was really crappy though, I understand being mad at her but looking for little ways to put her down and insult her on tv?  That's ridiculous.  On the other hand, I'm highly frustrated with Meri's lack of accountability for the whole catfish thing and that would drive me nuts if she were my family member.  She's flat out lying when she says she was never going to run away with a guy...that's exactly what she told her family might happen.  

I give Mariah a major pass. She's just recently realized she was religiously brainwashed her entire life (note her "critical thinking" comment) by someone who was totally willing to humiliate and degrade herself and her daughter in photos, on the internet, etc., and prioritize a stranger over her entire family. And who now, by the way, is lying about it and pretending to be a victim. Remember, this is NOT just a personal issue for Meri: it's a philosophy/theology/lifestyle that's been shoved on her daughter her whole life. And also remember, Meri is admitting to essentially nothing, when we all know she did quite a bit, so Mariah owes her nothing. She's young, so she might be a little immature about how she expressed it, but that unbridled anger? The rage about being told polygamy is required by God for 20+ years only to watch her mom fake a blow job with a banana? Yeah,  justified.

On 5/25/2016 at 7:43 AM, MsSaylor said:

I thought Mariah sounded, from the promos, not necessarily too harsh on her mother, but more that she's taking the situation too personally. It's like when you're a kid and you don't realize that your parents, perhaps especially your mother, have inner lives and identities outside of being your mother. As you get older you come to this realization more and more and separate your identity from that of your parents. When this happens you don't take your parents issues and failings personally when the issue isn't directed at or about you. Instead you think of it as you would a friend going through problems that may or may not be the result of their own mistakes. You just offer support and may feel bad about the situation but not angry and indignant. Mariah hadn't gotten there yet. I feel she should be closer to that at her age but I'm also biased because I stopped taking my moms issues and choices personally and focusing on my own life probably much earlier than most. 

Also the whole thing being in the public eye adds another layer to it, but Mariah is an adult and could choose not to participate in the show if she has s problem with it. I wish some of these adult kids would take that stand 

I'd agree with this in a different situation, but Meri has made it very personal for her daughter by 1) being a public figure, so it's not "personal" at all-- anyone Mariah dates or is friends with, employers, etc, can see her mom blowing a banana and 2) preaching polygamy/AUB doctrine for Mariah's entire life. They don't focus on it too much in the show, but remember, this is a religious choice. Meri herself has said on the show that she made the choice because she believes it was mandated by God. So this has got to rock Mariah's world far more than the average adult daughter. 

You do have a point, @SweetFellowshipper I never thought of Mariah's anger as tying in with the religious aspect. I think it's very strange that no one has said flat out that Meri basically cheated on Kody. I really thought Mariah would say it. Even though it was never physical, Meri was so sold on this guy that she really was planning to leave the family for him. 

@mstee, I'd feel upset and angry if my mom had an affair, but ultimately it'd be her business, her life. But she didn't raise me in a cult based entirely around a specific type of marriage, tell me it was the only/holiest way to marry, go on a show about it, sing its praises, become famous, then try to leave with a stranger for nearly a year, leave a bunch of photos and voicemails that get released, then lie about it and cry victim, then go back to supposedly believing 100% in polygamy and fundamentalist Mormonism (one of her complaints about the catfish was that she "insulted their church and polygamy"--yeah, right, you'd be gone by now if he'd been real), and demand prompt and immediate forgiveness. I mean, that's just insane. It's not like she's deciding to leave and Mariah won't support her. She's deciding to stay-- after all of that! 

9 hours ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

I give Mariah a major pass. She's just recently realized she was religiously brainwashed her entire life (note her "critical thinking" comment) by someone who was totally willing to humiliate and degrade herself and her daughter in photos, on the internet, etc., and prioritize a stranger over her entire family. And who now, by the way, is lying about it and pretending to be a victim. Remember, this is NOT just a personal issue for Meri: it's a philosophy/theology/lifestyle that's been shoved on her daughter her whole life. And also remember, Meri is admitting to essentially nothing, when we all know she did quite a bit, so Mariah owes her nothing. She's young, so she might be a little immature about how she expressed it, but that unbridled anger? The rage about being told polygamy is required by God for 20+ years only to watch her mom fake a blow job with a banana? Yeah,  justified.

I'd agree with this in a different situation, but Meri has made it very personal for her daughter by 1) being a public figure, so it's not "personal" at all-- anyone Mariah dates or is friends with, employers, etc, can see her mom blowing a banana and 2) preaching polygamy/AUB doctrine for Mariah's entire life. They don't focus on it too much in the show, but remember, this is a religious choice. Meri herself has said on the show that she made the choice because she believes it was mandated by God. So this has got to rock Mariah's world far more than the average adult daughter. 

wait, banana? what?  can someone enlighten me? 

3 minutes ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

@snarkysuki1724, Meri left the catfish a bunch of "sexy" photos and voicemails. One of them was her giving a blow job to a banana.

I just "googled" it,  must scrub my eyes with bleach now.  No wonder her daughter is so pissed. 

According to the Notbatmanyet blog - 'he' is very happy the Fox Interview cleared his name and all the hate-hate-hatrers are slowing down their hate because of it.  Weirdly, has not answered the queston asking for the link to it.   Would have thought that would be real high on the list of things to do; to post the link for the leghumpers and future  victims' -oh sorry, dates' -  reassurance.  

I do feel badly for Mariah, for reasons stated above. And too much Meri talking in this episode. Meri publicly humiliated herself and her family with the photos, which I do not even want to see. IMHO polygamy is shit. 

If anyone's doing a good job of "breaking away" from the lifestyle she was so indoctrinated in, I think it's Mariah. College far away from her family was supposed to bring her back to the church she once adored, but instead it helped her see a new side of life, a side that appealed to her. The way Mariah thinks now is so different than how she did during the first few years the show ran.

As for the whole Solomon thing... It really dragged on and was blown up. I can see how Meri took it the way she did, as dramatic as it was. Given all that's happened, I could see how especially Robyn might not trust Meri. Of course, she let Breanna go instead, so it may have very well been just what Robyn felt was right for her son. At the same time, I do think she said no awfully fast, which is why I can see how Meri felt it was a trust thing.

I'm surprised Kody and Robyn went back over there. Since he loves to avoid conflict and getting to the root of problems, it was just surprising.

24 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

According to the Notbatmanyet blog - 'he' is very happy the Fox Interview cleared his name and all the hate-hate-hatrers are slowing down their hate because of it.  Weirdly, has not answered the queston asking for the link to it.   Would have thought that would be real high on the list of things to do; to post the link for the leghumpers and future  victims' -oh sorry, dates' -  reassurance.  

If Fox News had interviewed him, it would be making national headlines, just like the Duggar girls' interview with Megyn Kelly did. The Catfish thing was a big deal, reported about everywhere, and I'm sure Fox News would be dying to discredit a polygamist. It's as fake as anything else he's claimed to be real.

Jackie has fiqured out that sometimes the mere suggestion of an event will make it true to the majority of the public, who do not do their homework and accept it as truth.  It is an ages old publicity ploy. 

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived