IGNORED

Jahi McMath 3: Issued Second Death Certificate and Will Finally Be Allowed to Rest

samurai_sarah

I also come here from time to time hoping to read that she's been put to rest. Just made the mistake of clicking that Facebook link and reading the comments. Wow. People are bizarre, to put it kindly.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

Someone posted a similar comment on an earlier page (sorry, not sure whom it was), but I'll echo it again.

When I see an update to this thread, I hope that this poor girl's suffering has ended; looks like it's otherwise. My heart breaks for her.

Jahi's suffering has ended.  She is dead and gone.

Any suffering that is going on concerns her siblings who apparently have to live with her desecrated corpse.  

I'd like to believe that her mother is perpetuating this farce because she cannot bear the thought that Jahi is dead and is completely delusional.  The longer this goes on, however, the more I believe that Jahi's mother only sees dollar signs.  

The whole thing is sick.

Every time I see this bumped, I'm hoping that her family realized she's actually dead and had her funeral. Unfortunately, they're still just as delusional as before. By the way, I actually reported that page to Facebook as a scam, but I doubt Facebook will do anything.

Can someone explain the video Jahi's mom posted to the public support page of Jahi's breathing. I am not 100% if I understand exsactly what is going on. I would love it if an actual health care provider could provide clarity. She is claiming that Jahi is breathing on her own and she is coaching the corspe to breath before it does to make it seem like it is breathing on it's own even though the machine is doing it. Isn't the machine breathing, if the machine was removed, the body cannot breathe on it's own even while hooked up to everything else, right? It seems like the mom is just timing her words right while filming in the same manner she did for when she had videos of the moving feet. She would tell the cadaver to move the foot repeatedly and when the reflexes kicked it she claimed it was proof that Jahi's body was alive and sentient. I hate that her religious followers gobble this all ip as proof and don't even try to analyze wether or not the mother is being truthful. Why not analyze the mother and the whole situation before emotionally and finacially investing in the situation to be a religious miracle? Even gut feelings show that this woman is lying without a real medical understanding, you don't have to put your faith into every BS story and still have a testimony if your religious. I dunno, it's just boggling my mind that it is still going on much longer than I thought it would. I thought it would of ended a year and a half ago. The true miracle is that soo many strangers are believing this means it's a religious sign of proof in god.

This is the public facebook page called, keep Jahi mcmath on life support, not a private page.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=533122536896703&id=166781143530846

Also if any can actually hear what the mother is saying in the video can you tell us what she is saying. Even with the volume all the way up I can't really hear what she is saying that well, it's too loud here, and the volume isn't loud enough. I only made out the first little bit of her coaching breathes.

I feel like at this point even if the mother does accept Jahi is dead she would keep up the rouse because admitting she was wrong after so long and causing such a huge uproar would not go over well with her supporters. But I think she's invested so much in denying the truth that she's incapable of accepting reality. She's made denying the truth the center of her life/her identity.

• 2 weeks later...

As my mom was on life support for 4 days before she passed recently, I badgered the ICU nurses until they explained how the vent worked.  First, the vent screen in that pic looks OLD. Is that a vent from like 1984? Second, we don't SEE in that video what the vent is set at, how many bpm it's programmed for nor her O2 saturation levels at the current setting. We also don't see her Peak setting, which if I got the concept right, is how much positive force has to be used to force the air in and out. 

My mom's vent was set at 20 bpm (breaths per minute) she was breathing at roughly 38 breaths per minute. So 18 of those were her own but the doc said that was actually a bad thing, it was a sign of distress. At the end, after we removed the vent my mom was taking 40-50 breaths per minute on her own but her O2 was in the low 50s, dropping to the 30's right before we left which meant she was working way too hard and what little oxygen she was getting wasn't sustaining her organs and stuff.  It was a devastating 6 hours to watch.

6 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

As my mom was on life support for 4 days before she passed recently, I badgered the ICU nurses until they explained how the vent worked.  First, the vent screen in that pic looks OLD. Is that a vent from like 1984? Second, we don't SEE in that video what the vent is set at, how many bpm it's programmed for nor her O2 saturation levels at the current setting. We also don't see her Peak setting, which if I got the concept right, is how much positive force has to be used to force the air in and out. 

My mom's vent was set at 20 bpm (breaths per minute) she was breathing at roughly 38 breaths per minute. So 18 of those were her own but the doc said that was actually a bad thing, it was a sign of distress. At the end, after we removed the vent my mom was taking 40-50 breaths per minute on her own but her O2 was in the low 50s, dropping to the 30's right before we left which meant she was working way too hard and what little oxygen she was getting wasn't sustaining her organs and stuff.  It was a devastating 6 hours to watch.

Sorry for your loss, @Shadoewolf.  {{{ hug }}}

The brain scan that the family published a long time ago showed "catastrophic damage to her midbrain and brain stem".

http://www.docbastard.net/2014/10/jahi-mcmath-here-we-go-again.html

The respiratory control centers are in the brain stem. It seems rather unlikely to me that she'd be breathing on her own when large parts of her brain that are supposed to control the function are simply not there.

As for her capacity to hear, understand, and respond to the mother's voice and words, the first "station" of the auditory nerve is also in the brain stem and a lot of auditory processing happens in the midbrain. Even if she wasn't brain dead, with that degree of brain stem/midbrain damage she would probably  be deaf.

This was a Degreed Medical Professional™ opinion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auditory_system

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Respiratory_center

On 10/11/2016 at 11:44 PM, Shadoewolf said:

As my mom was on life support for 4 days before she passed recently, I badgered the ICU nurses until they explained how the vent worked.  

Very sorry for your loss, @Shadoewolf

On 10/1/2016 at 0:37 PM, HarryPotterFan said:

I feel like at this point even if the mother does accept Jahi is dead she would keep up the rouse because admitting she was wrong after so long and causing such a huge uproar would not go over well with her supporters. But I think she's invested so much in denying the truth that she's incapable of accepting reality. She's made denying the truth the center of her life/her identity.

This drawn-out battle over the poor girl just seems like it's only served to make the grieving process for her family that much more difficult. 

I'm guessing the mother gets social security disability benefits for Jahi and doesn't want to give them up. That's just conjecture on my part, and I wish I could prove it, but it would not surprise me if all the kids were drawing SSI. There is no other visible means of support in this family.

Mom might be getting SSI, but she won't be drawing social security for a child unless the mother or father of the child is dead or disabled.  New Jersey would have to ignore the Cali death certificate to process SSI and I'm not sure the feds would let them do that.  That would be interesting to see the rulings.

I'm referring to SSI for low income disabled children. It's about $650, $700 per month per child. Mom doesn't want to give that up. Also, if Jahi is considered alive, or undead, or whatever, Cali's $250,000 med mal cap won't apply and she can get significantly more in her lawsuit.

I know there was a death cert issued in Cali but if SSI was cancelled Mom may have been able to appeal it and keep receiving benefits in the interim...

I'm guessing the mother gets social security disability benefits

SSI and social security are two entirely different things was my point.  My doubts on mom receiving SSI are that it's now a federal program with state variations, a death certificate issued by any state would likely make her dead regarding any federal benefits. 

It's doubtful Jahi was ever on SSI as she wasn't really ever disabled.  She was a live tolerably healthy child and then she was dead. 

At 4:15 on the video, Mom says that Jahi is laughing at her that she (Jahi) know that Mom is crazy.  I didn't see any movement that resembled laughing.  

20 hours ago, PsyD2013 said:

At 4:15 on the video, Mom says that Jahi is laughing at her that she (Jahi) know that Mom is crazy.  I didn't see any movement that resembled laughing.  

The front she is claiming is that Jahi's brain is aware and has brain activity that responds to her actions. The statement about laughing is implying that Jahi is finding humor in her mother's action and statements. It is exsactly the kind of thing her deeply religious believers want to hear. She is more likely to have her religious groupies donate when she makes them emotional thinking about an alive and aware girl vs. a corpse. She is toying with people's emotions for her own gain. I highly doubt she even believes Jahi is alive still at this point.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Her mom posted another photo on facebook. Her face looks real bloated and she has on heart shaped glasses.

I can't believe this is still going on.

14 hours ago, Jennifer Hart said:

Her mom posted another photo on facebook. Her face looks real bloated and she has on heart shaped glasses.

I can't believe this is still going on.

I think something is wrong with her eyes (how do eyes decay? Maybe they've decayed?) because they always seem to have them covered in some way-- I've seen paper hearts over her eyes in pics as well. 

I agree with you. This has gone on too long.

ETA: after I wrote this I went onto the Facebook page and there were pics of her with her eyes uncovered. So I don't know. Maybe they were old photos. 

There are aspects of her day-to-day care that I don't understand.  How does she not have bedsores?   Even turning her every 2 hours wouldn't prevent skin breakdown.  How can they move her to bathe her?  Is she catheterized?  What about infection?   Why doesn't the mother invite the crew from 20/20 to see how well her daughter is doing?  Assuming she starts breathing on her own ( because they said she has ventilator support and a trach), her brain damage is permanent.  People do not go from brain death back to high school.

Exactly. And with all the school she'd've missed it's not likely she'd be able to catch up all that time soon. 

When I saw the update, I thought that she's finally passed on. Looks like it's otherwise. Poor girl. 

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 3:49 PM, seattlechic said:

Are you effing serious? What kind of sick bitch makes her little child kiss a corpse? OMG this clown knows no bounds. 

@LadyCrow1313 they are demented. I felt for them for the first couple of weeks. Then they went off the stupid and the cash cow end. 

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 1:36 AM, CaptainFunderpants said:

At this point I'd agree to my tax dollars from Washington state going to give this family $250K once a medical doctor verifies that Jahi has been cremated.

Also, just out of curiosity: HOW DOES SOMEONE NOT FEEDING THEMSELVES REMAIN FAT!?! This means a medical doctor is seeing that this child is being desecrated in multiple ways by being given portions that are too large. Not that a dead body needs rations.

My mom was a quadriplegic and had a feeding tube.  I looked up how many calories she needed to maintain her weight.  Basically, to maintain a certain weight, put a zero at the end of the weight in pounds to get the number of calories needed.

For science nerds (or those who want to be science nerds):

http://sci.washington.edu/info/forums/reports/nutrition_2011.asp#calorie

Persons with SCI have reduced metabolic activity due to denervated muscle and therefore need fewer calories than non-paralyzed individuals. General guidelines suggest that persons with paraplegia need about 28 calories per kilogram (kg) of your ideal body weight.  If you have tetraplegia, you need  about  23 calories per kg of ideal body weight (the weight you should be).  To determine your weight in kg, divide your weight in pounds by 2.2. For example, if you have tetraplegia and your ideal weight is 175 lbs., divide that number by 2.2, which equals 79 kg. Multiply 79 kg by 23 calories, and you get about 1,800 calories per day. These are only general guides, however, and do not account for differences in age, gender or activity levels. You will need to make adjustments based on your own experience with gaining or losing weight.  

Say someone is 100 pounds.  Divide by 2.2 to get 45.5 kilograms.  Multiply by 23 for a tetraplegic (quadriplegic) to get 1046 calories to maintain that 100 pounds.  Tube feeding also has a lot of fat in it; my mom's was 36% fat.

Archived