IGNORED

Jahi McMath 3: Issued Second Death Certificate and Will Finally Be Allowed to Rest

samurai_sarah

On 4/26/2016 at 10:52 AM, Ungodly Grandma said:

There are actually two other children in CA. A young woman about 19 or 20, with a child of her own, and a boy who lives with his father. All the children have different fathers, none of them the current husband. The mother and current husband seemed to have courted while he was in prison, then married while he was in a halfway house. It is difficult for an ex con to get decent work. No judgement here, just for clarity and perspective. 

Dolan, the attorney, was backing a proposition up for a vote, Proposition 46, IIRC. He is a person injury attorney/ambulance chaser, and had much to gain if the current cap of $250k for wrongful death was raised. The proposition failed. But if the death certificate could be reversed, if she was ruled profoundly disabled but still alive, there was a possibility of big bucks. The mother's brother famously referred to $250K as "chump change." 

The state investigated the incident, and the hospital was not found to be at fault. Not court, just investigation. Due to HIPPA, the hospital's side has yet to be heard.

At this point I'd agree to my tax dollars from Washington state going to give this family $250K once a medical doctor verifies that Jahi has been cremated.

Also, just out of curiosity: HOW DOES SOMEONE NOT FEEDING THEMSELVES REMAIN FAT!?! This means a medical doctor is seeing that this child is being desecrated in multiple ways by being given portions that are too large. Not that a dead body needs rations.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

At this point I'd agree to my tax dollars from Washington state going to give this family $250K once a medical doctor verifies that Jahi has been cremated.

Also, just out of curiosity: HOW DOES SOMEONE NOT FEEDING THEMSELVES REMAIN FAT!?! This means a medical doctor is seeing that this child is being desecrated in multiple ways by being given portions that are too large. Not that a dead body needs rations.

Well, the death occurred in CA, and she now "resides" in NJ, so not sure why Washington, but I agree. Especially since I suspect NJ Medicaid will take all or most of it for services rendered.  As they should.

The most recent picture I saw she looked bloated, maybe some organ is failing?

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately Jahi's corspe isn't dead dead dead yet but her mother posted a new picture on thw facebook page. No paper hearts over her eyes this time, but she is wearing a hat. She has the little sister kissing her cheek for the photo.

On June 8, 2016 at 4:07 PM, PennySycamore said:

Why does make me think I'm reading a Stephen King novel?

Or the screen play "Re-animator"

Every time I see this thread, I think of one thing.....

Dead yet?................Oh wait................

I feel for the family, truly (and for poor Jahi).

That being said, though, is it wrong to think that this is sick, demented behavior, or does that line of thought come across as judgey/douche-y? (Not trying to be, honest.)

On 8/29/2016 at 7:34 AM, McDoodleDoodleDoo said:

Unfortunately Jahi's corspe isn't dead dead dead yet but her mother posted a new picture on thw facebook page. No paper hearts over her eyes this time, but she is wearing a hat. She has the little sister kissing her cheek for the photo.

Are you effing serious? What kind of sick bitch makes her little child kiss a corpse? OMG this clown knows no bounds. 

@LadyCrow1313 they are demented. I felt for them for the first couple of weeks. Then they went off the stupid and the cash cow end. 

Every time I see this thread updated, I hope against hope that they've ended the charade and finally put Jahi to rest.

Wrong again...:tw_frown:

On 8/31/2016 at 8:32 PM, LadyCrow1313 said:

That being said, though, is it wrong to think that this is sick, demented behavior, or does that line of thought come across as judgey/douche-y? (Not trying to be, honest.)

Eh, people have been saying this all over the place on this thread. 

18 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Eh, people have been saying this all over the place on this thread. 

Just for spice, I'll say it again. These people are sick and demented!

On 8/31/2016 at 2:32 PM, LadyCrow1313 said:

I 100% agree. In my personal opinion (which also lines up with medical opinion), Jahi is dead. She is dressing up and playing around with the corpse of her child. There comes a time when you have to let go. If this was any other circumstance, the mother would be jailed for desecrating a corpse. Jahi deserves dignity in death and I hope this ridiculous act is over soon.

19 hours ago, Toothfairy said:

The body decomposes. Wonder what the smell is like. They probably leave her there all day. 

If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone here will correct me, but I don't believe Jahi's body is not decomposing, because it's still technically alive.  Thanks to all the machines and medical care her body is still functioning on a basic level.  The heart is still beating, as it will continue to beat as long as it can get oxygen from the blood.  There may be a backup pacemaker installed to keep the heart beating at the proper rate.  The blood is still carrying oxygen, because there is a machine attached to the body that pushes air into the lungs.  The lungs take in the oxygen and lets out the carbon dioxide.

With the heart and the lungs still artificially working, blood is moving through the body.  Cells are taking in oxygen and giving up carbon dioxide.  The cells are also taking in other nutrients (supplied by a feeding tube or IV) needed to survive and do their job.  Other organs in the body are also doing their job, at times supplemented by medical science.  

The body is simply a vehicle for the real person to inhabit.  Call it Jahi's soul, her consciousness, or her personality.  Whatever you call it, Jahi is no longer there.  But the body is still there, doing its thing, hanging out until something happens that even medical intervention can't stop.  I've heard that what usually happens is infection, usually something compromising the lungs or perhaps bedsores.

Jahi's body probably smells like a hospital.  There are nurses there, cleaning the body, turning it, applying medicated moisture to the skin, etc.  They probaby brush the teeth daily and apply drops to the eyes, and wash the hair a couple of times a week.  That could change, I'd imagine, if bedsores start to necrotize and at that point I'd expect the body to be moved to a hospital.

And of course the family leaves the body there all day.  With all the skilled care and machines, it's not like they can take the body out into the back yard to enjoy a sunny day.

This is why I've made my wished clear and have a DNR on record.  No matter how much it might seem helpful to my family to keep my body alive when I'm obviously done with it, they have a limited time to get used to the idea and then my body is going to be harvested for anything that might be useful for the living, then the rest is going to be allowed to die and cremated.  Don't try to keep the ashes around, just spread them somewhere nice, or bury them.  And don't fall for that thing where the ashes are supposedly turned into a diamond, I'm pretty sure that's a scam.

5 minutes ago, Terrie said:

Yep. It's a scam: http://www.cremationdiamondreport.com/. Simply put, diamonds are carbon and carbon is part of what is consumed by a fire. 

Sorry, but this is amazing:

Notice to Insurance Companies....what will you do when you get a claim for a chipped or lost Cremation Diamond? How do you set a replacement value for Uncle Joe? If we can assist contact the ISG office.

What does your DNR say, 

@Flossie?

In a DNR situation it is somewhat  less common that  the organs are going to be harvestable or that any tissues end up harvested,  because the resuscitation efforts buy some time, keep the tissues more viable and the person ends up somewhere with doctors  who can initiate the donation process instead of the morgue. So if you also wish to be an organ/tissue donor it might be worth clarifying what kind of efforts are a categorical no no in all circumstances and what might be acceptable if harvesting parts of your body is an option.

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

What does your DNR say, 

@Flossie?

In a DNR situation it is somewhat  less common that  the organs are going to be harvestable or that any tissues end up harvested,  because the resuscitation efforts buy some time, keep the tissues more viable and the person ends up somewhere with doctors  who can initiate the donation process instead of the morgue. So if you also wish to be an organ/tissue donor it might be worth clarifying what kind of efforts are a categorical no no in all circumstances and what might be acceptable if harvesting parts of your body is an option.

Well, I didn't know all that when I filled out my DNR over a decade ago.  I just knew that I didn't want my brain dead body hanging around very long and if I had organs or tissues that could help someone else, I'd like that.

I guess things have changed and now I should go to classes to better decide what to tell future health care providers in regards to how to treat me if I have a medical emergency that may or may not end in a situation where I might be in a position to donate my organs.

No wonder my brother died waiting for a liver.

I used to work at an organ recovery agency. The most important thing is to let your next of kin or whomever is making the decisions at that point know your wishes in advance. Their decisions really are what make things happen or not. Pieces of paper (such as organ donation cards , etc) aren't necessarily going to be looked for/remembered/ in hand etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Jahi looks pretty awful in the couple recent FB photos. I never really got a "dead person" vibe from the pictures before, but this most recent one looks bloated and like the sister is kissing her good bye.

41 minutes ago, bucherwurm said:

Jahi looks pretty awful in the couple recent FB photos. I never really got a "dead person" vibe from the pictures before, but this most recent one looks bloated and like the sister is kissing her good bye.

Hopefully the creepiness will end soon and her family will finally be able to move on.

1 hour ago, bucherwurm said:

It helps if you compare the before and after pictures here is a before picture of a happy and alive Jahi and an after

https://m.facebook.com/keepJahiMcmathonlifesupport/photos/a.167241473484813.1073741828.166781143530846/507808376094786/?type=3&source=48

Her skintone lost a lot of color in addition to the finger's and toe's contortion being the most obvious. Jahi's skin tone used to be much darker than her mother's and now it is the opposite.

jahi-mcmath03_zpsda1ea55e.jpg

Someone posted a similar comment on an earlier page (sorry, not sure whom it was), but I'll echo it again.

When I see an update to this thread, I hope that this poor girl's suffering has ended; looks like it's otherwise. My heart breaks for her.

1 minute ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

Someone posted a similar comment on an earlier page (sorry, not sure whom it was), but I'll echo it again.

When I see an update to this thread, I hope that this poor girl's suffering has ended; looks like it's otherwise. My heart breaks for her.

Yup.  I clicked in here for the same reason only to find that nothing has changed.  She continues to exist as an animated corpse.

Archived