IGNORED

Jahi McMath 3: Issued Second Death Certificate and Will Finally Be Allowed to Rest

samurai_sarah

16 minutes ago, Joyleaf said:

I just came across this and has to think of Jahi right away

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/05/03/dead-could-be-brought-back-to-life-in-groundbreaking-project/

I wonder if Jahi's mother will try to get her into that program. On one hand it would mean that she has to admit to the state her daughter is in, on the other hand it might some kind of last chnace for Jahi.

Assuming this project has any kind of potential, I would think that the patients would have to be recently brain dead. Since Jahi's body is showing signs of necrosis, even if her brain could be restored somehow, her body would still be falling apart.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

Assuming this project has any kind of potential, I would think that the patients would have to be recently brain dead. Since Jahi's body is showing signs of necrosis, even if her brain could be restored somehow, her body would still be falling apart.

Being dead for so long might even make her an even more attractive candidate as only using freshly deceased people might open the program up for criticism whether it was established enough that these people are really dead. (Dead enough already?)
And if Jahi looses a finger or two over time is not of interest for the program, I'd guess, as long as her organs still work well enough.

• 1 month later...
On May 3, 2016 at 2:42 PM, Joyleaf said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/05/03/dead-could-be-brought-back-to-life-in-groundbreaking-project/

I wonder if Jahi's mother will try to get her into that program. On one hand it would mean that she has to admit to the state her daughter is in, on the other hand it might some kind of last chnace for Jahi.

Oh, that is messed up! I really shouldn't have read this thread right before bed, because now I'm going to have nightmares about reanimated corpses lurching around, all zombie- or Frankenstein-like. Good job, Lillymuffin. Good job. :5624795ddab2a_32(34)::zombie:

On May 3, 2016 at 3:19 PM, Joyleaf said:

Being dead for so long might even make her an even more attractive candidate as only using freshly deceased people might open the program up for criticism whether it was established enough that these people are really dead. (Dead enough already?)
And if Jahi looses a finger or two over time is not of interest for the program, I'd guess, as long as her organs still work well enough.

sigh and my initial reaction to seeing this thread bumped up is always "o lord". sigh

I have been following this thread since the beginning. I get excited to see this thread bumped because I always hope it means the body has finally said enough. Jahi's sisters deserve for this chapter in their life to end, they can't even try to get closure when their mother drags it into topic even at their graduation and other milestone events. She even tried to hijack the graduation of her dead child's classmates to make Jahi get a diploma. The girls can't even focus on their own life when they are forced to be soldiers to fight for "Jahi's life" and their mother demands everyone respect her lack of respect for Jahi's death and corpse.

I do wonder what the mother means by claiming that Jahi has become a women last year. Years ago they shared a scan of her brain and you can clearly see in the middle where the dead and shriveled part of the brain is, months or maybe it was even a year later she clains Jahi is not a women and menstrates.  I am not highly educated but even I know there is no way her Hypothalamus is still alive and functioning making it impossible. I can't imagine what nasty things is happened if the body really did bleed making her mother misinterpret for menstration. I wouldn't put it past the mother to lie about that to convince the religious people that were on the fence of believing her. 

I hate not knowing how long this can drag out. I am amazed that the mother has been able to secure funding for this to even drag out for this long. The mother barely posts updates and pictures, how is she keeping the interest up enough for the donations to continue to roll in? She stopped posting the painted nail update pictures like she used to, so I am assuming there is no denying the necrosis even with painted nails. How much longer can she continue to fool even the most religiously gullible that she is focused on tricking?

Honestly, any menstrual "fluid" is probably decaying inside tissue making its way out, not an actual shed uterine lining :brainbleach:

On May 3, 2016 at 3:19 PM, Joyleaf said:

Why does make me think I'm reading a Stephen King novel?

On 5/3/2016 at 2:42 PM, Joyleaf said:

Jahi is dead.

Oh what in the everloving fuck.

It could be a scam but even if it's not and they could regenerate some new brain cells in a brain dead individual, it would in no way mean the dead coming back. It would not be the same person with the same experiences and memories, it would be a blank zombie with the same DNA.   Still quite helpless and disabled  and unable to recognize any of the loved ones who wanted the person back from the dead. . 

8 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Oh what in the everloving fuck.

It could be a scam but even if it's not and they could regenerate some new brain cells in a brain dead individual, it would in no way mean the dead coming back. It would not be the same person with the same experiences and memories, it would be a blank zombie with the same DNA.   Still quite helpless and disabled  and unable to recognize any of the loved ones who wanted the person back from the dead. . 

I never actually thought of that, since I can't see any way for it to work in the first place, what a horrible idea though :(

Jahi's mother will be a speaker at the upcoming 46th annual right to life convention. They are trying to promote brain death as "medical discrimination". 

http://www.nationalrighttolifenews.org/news/2016/06/have-you-arranged-to-attend-46th-annual-national-right-to-life-convention/#.V13NhJA8KrU

I'm not sure where they are in their lawsuit at the moment but there have been several new ones lately, the most interesting being 2 year old Israel Stinson. 

Here is his gofundme page. His mom claims he his taking breaths on his own...

https://www.gofundme.com/saveisraelstinson

Jahi's mother will be a speaker at the upcoming 46th annual right to life convention. They are trying to promote brain death as "medical discrimination". 

http://www.nationalrighttolifenews.org/news/2016/06/have-you-arranged-to-attend-46th-annual-national-right-to-life-convention/#.V13NhJA8KrU

I'm not sure where they are in their lawsuit at the moment but there have been several new ones lately, the most interesting being 2 year old Israel Stinson. 

Just fb'ed israel's family and they say no one in the US would take him and he's out of the country...but they can't say where.

whoops, I see his fund page has that information and more than what's on dad's fb. I

Why does make me think I'm reading a Stephen King novel?

Stephen King with a tinge of Mom is an attention whore and honey your 15 minutes are up. I've followed this case in my true crime forum for years. I can't believe the level of stupidity of this family--- I mean, ok, I'll be kind and give you a few weeks t get your shot together, but come oooooooon.!?!?

That child is dead. Has been dead since day one. Period end.

On Sunday, June 12, 2016 at 5:17 PM, Mitz_ said:

Can this horror story end. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/7/2016 at 3:09 PM, McDoodleDoodleDoo said:

I have been following this thread since the beginning. I get excited to see this thread bumped because I always hope it means the body has finally said enough. 

I hate not knowing how long this can drag out. I am amazed that the mother has been able to secure funding for this to even drag out for this long. The mother barely posts updates and pictures, how is she keeping the interest up enough for the donations to continue to roll in? She stopped posting the painted nail update pictures like she used to, so I am assuming there is no denying the necrosis even with painted nails. How much longer can she continue to fool even the most religiously gullible that she is focused on tricking?

The mother has her on Medicaid in NJ. This was possible b/c of their religious exemptions.

34 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Apparently not quite yet.  Appellate court has ruled that her mother can try and prove that she's still alive. 

http://www.mercurynews.com/bay-area-news/ci_30124280/jahi-mcmath-family-clears-another-legal-hurdle-civil

Honestly, this may be a good thing. The hospital will have the right to examine her, take pictures, conduct tests etc.  Arguably that data will be a part of the case, making it a public record.  They will detail her (lack of) responsiveness, necrosis, etc.  There wont be any nail polish and hearts over her eyes.  

She's dead.  Its sad, but its over.  Let her rest in peace.

17 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Honestly, this may be a good thing. The hospital will have the right to examine her, take pictures, conduct tests etc.  Arguably that data will be a part of the case, making it a public record.  They will detail her (lack of) responsiveness, necrosis, etc.  There wont be any nail polish and hearts over her eyes.  

She's dead.  Its sad, but its over.  Let her rest in peace.

OMG I can't even see straight. I ABHOR this family. I wish they would just go away. Anyone that keeps a corpse in proximity to living breathing children is a sick, sick bitch. 

2 hours ago, seattlechic said:

OMG I can't even see straight. I ABHOR this family. I wish they would just go away. Anyone that keeps a corpse in proximity to living breathing children is a sick, sick bitch. 

I think its unfair to the other children and horribly unfair to Jahi. 

This is meant kindly, but Jahi is far beyond things being fair or not. 

I have no sympathy left for her mother. While it must be tragic to lose a child and I could understand trying to get a second opinion or denying it at first but to continue fighting this for years is robbing Jahi of any dignity and it is ultimately going to make the grief process harder in the end. I feel for Jahi's siblings they don't deserve to dragged through this and I wouldn't trust any doctor supporting this case. 

On 7/14/2016 at 4:28 PM, Coconut Flan said:

This is meant kindly, but Jahi is far beyond things being fair or not. 

Very true. However, because I, personally am religious, I personally believe that Jahi is unable to move on while her Mother clings to her body like this. (Note how many times I used personally) Also, since the family pertains to be religious and are refusing to let go because she is still "alive", then it is unfair to her in the context of their supposed beliefs. 

Oh my God. This is nuts. I know she is dead, but in the highly unlikely event that she was found alive, then what? Yeah the family gets millions of dollars, but where does that leave Jahi?? She could still die anyway. And honestly, as much as I loved a relative, I'd find it very, very hard to keep them artificially alive for so long. There has to be a point where you accept someone's died, or at least won't ever recover. 

13 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Oh my God. This is nuts. I know she is dead, but in the highly unlikely event that she was found alive, then what? Yeah the family gets millions of dollars, but where does that leave Jahi?? She could still die anyway. And honestly, as much as I loved a relative, I'd find it very, very hard to keep them artificially alive for so long. There has to be a point where you accept someone's died, or at least won't ever recover. 

A relative of mine died after months in a coma. She was removed from life support, but continued to breathe even as her body curled into a fetal position and she remained completely unresponsive. It was terrible to watch her and wonder if the doctors were wrong and she might actually be feeling pain.

The reaction of everyone, including her kids, who adored her, was relief at her final passing. Survivors often feel guilt at this natural reaction. The truth is that during an ordeal like that, you do a lot of the mourning before the person actually dies.

When my husband and I wrote our living wills, the attorney asked if we wanted to put in a time frame of a few weeks or months before we'd be taken off a ventilator in the case of brain death. "To make sure you're really dead." I was horrified at the idea. There is no way I'd put my kids through that.

Archived