IGNORED

Jahi McMath 3: Issued Second Death Certificate and Will Finally Be Allowed to Rest

samurai_sarah

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the definition of 'responsive' was reached after watching hours of videos of her supposedly responding to commands. Videos can be edited, or the patient made to look as if she is responding when in fact it is someone with a vested interest in keeping her alive, performing the 'movements'. -- quoted from DaffyDill at the end of part 2

that was heavily done by Terri Schaivo's family, too.  her family claimed that she watched them move around the room, but her autopsy determined that she was blind.

there's a photo in last month's Nations Geographic of Jahi and Mama Nails, in an article on death and near-death experiences.  it's taken from the foot of the bed, with MN sporting a turquoise manicure (as I recall, I'm at work and NG's website isn't loading for me); Jahi's face is out of focus, and there are white heart-shaped patches laid over her eyes.

Every time I see the threads on Jahi move, I hope she has been allowed to rest in peace....but no. Mama Nails is going to hang on as long as possible. She needs a psych eval - woman is crazy.

14 hours ago, DaffyDill said:

Every time I see the threads on Jahi move, I hope she has been allowed to rest in peace....but no. Mama Nails is going to hang on as long as possible. She needs a psych eval - woman is crazy.

Me too, saw this and thought maybe someone had a bit of sense and let the poor girl go. No such luck.

On 4/21/2016 at 0:46 PM, catlady said:

And the definition of 'responsive' was reached after watching hours of videos of her supposedly responding to commands. Videos can be edited, or the patient made to look as if she is responding when in fact it is someone with a vested interest in keeping her alive, performing the 'movements'. -- quoted from DaffyDill at the end of part 2

that was heavily done by Terri Schaivo's family, too.  her family claimed that she watched them move around the room, but her autopsy determined that she was blind.

there's a photo in last month's Nations Geographic of Jahi and Mama Nails, in an article on death and near-death experiences.  it's taken from the foot of the bed, with MN sporting a turquoise manicure (as I recall, I'm at work and NG's website isn't loading for me); Jahi's face is out of focus, and there are white heart-shaped patches laid over her eyes.

The videos are from cell phones, somehow all the many supporting doctors never are available to film these miraculous movements,

How long does Jahi's mom plan to have her on the machines? Wouldn't the loving thing be to let Jahi go? 

She is released.  Mama just can't bring herself to bury the corpse. 

There is no need to feel for Jahi any more. 

Now the other kids....

14 hours ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

The videos are from cell phones, somehow all the many supporting doctors never are available to film these miraculous movements,

None of the nursing staff, and she has 24/7 nurses, are saying she's alive and kicking. Or even just kicking.

14 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

How long does Jahi's mom plan to have her on the machines? Wouldn't the loving thing be to let Jahi go? 

Mama has dug herself in, and can't/won't back down. Although if the judges rule Jahi dead, so California won't pick up Jahi's costs, I wonder what will happen.

California won't pick up her costs.  She has a death certificate issued in Cali.  That's why she is out of state.

If the issue here is getting states to pay for the care of a deceased person...why not lay the deceased person to rest and incur no more care costs?:think:

18 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

California won't pick up her costs.  She has a death certificate issued in Cali.  That's why she is out of state.

They are currently fighting it in court. I don't believe they will win, but it is unbelievable that they have gotten this far.

Fighting it sort of because none of their evidence is usable.  The death certificate still stands in the meantime I believe.

15 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Fighting it sort of because none of their evidence is usable.  The death certificate still stands in the meantime I believe.

The doctors they have on their side are sketchy. Paul Byrne, for instance is a brain death denier. The ultimate goal is changing the definition of brain death. I don't see the benefit myself. The cases they are supporting, even if this changes, will still be bodies on breathing machines. Seems like prolonging the agony of such a loss.

Almost forgot, yes the death certificate still stands. I can hardly imagine that will change. But it is strange to me how many supporters they have.  

10 minutes ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

The doctors they have on their side are sketchy. Paul Byrne, for instance is a brain death denier. The ultimate goal is changing the definition of brain death.

What a pointless cause to champion. I feel bad for the child in this family whose brain is functioning. That poor girl is being shoved aside for her mother and dead sister in the spotlight. I saw a picture online and the little girl was wearing a graduation cap and gown and it said "Jahi Rise" on it. It's over the top the way this is playing out. 

This is so tragic while I feel it must be hard to lose a child, if they had let her go the family would be able to have some closure and begin to grieve. I do have a degree of sympathy for her mother but I also feel she is neglecting the feelings of her other child by continuing this case.

22 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

What a pointless cause to champion. I feel bad for the child in this family whose brain is functioning. That poor girl is being shoved aside for her mother and dead sister in the spotlight. I saw a picture online and the little girl was wearing a graduation cap and gown and it said "Jahi Rise" on it. It's over the top the way this is playing out. 

There are actually two other children in CA. A young woman about 19 or 20, with a child of her own, and a boy who lives with his father. All the children have different fathers, none of them the current husband. The mother and current husband seemed to have courted while he was in prison, then married while he was in a halfway house. It is difficult for an ex con to get decent work. No judgement here, just for clarity and perspective. 

Dolan, the attorney, was backing a proposition up for a vote, Proposition 46, IIRC. He is a person injury attorney/ambulance chaser, and had much to gain if the current cap of $250k for wrongful death was raised. The proposition failed. But if the death certificate could be reversed, if she was ruled profoundly disabled but still alive, there was a possibility of big bucks. The mother's brother famously referred to $250K as "chump change." 

The state investigated the incident, and the hospital was not found to be at fault. Not court, just investigation. Due to HIPPA, the hospital's side has yet to be heard.

According to a blog I found that follows Jahi's mother's social media presence, some of the photos that show Jahi's hands are showing signs of necrosis, or cell death. Even with the machine, her body is breaking down. I just don't see this ending well. If it's appealed in court over and over, it's sickening to think what might happen. 

On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 1:52 PM, Ungodly Grandma said:

There are actually two other children in CA. A young woman about 19 or 20, with a child of her own, and a boy who lives with his father. All the children have different fathers, none of them the current husband. The mother and current husband seemed to have courted while he was in prison, then married while he was in a halfway house. It is difficult for an ex con to get decent work. No judgement here, just for clarity and perspective. 

Dolan, the attorney, was backing a proposition up for a vote, Proposition 46, IIRC. He is a person injury attorney/ambulance chaser, and had much to gain if the current cap of $250k for wrongful death was raised. The proposition failed. But if the death certificate could be reversed, if she was ruled profoundly disabled but still alive, there was a possibility of big bucks. The mother's brother famously referred to $250K as "chump change." 

The state investigated the incident, and the hospital was not found to be at fault. Not court, just investigation. Due to HIPPA, the hospital's side has yet to be heard.

Well damn. Wasn't she working at Walmart. How do they pay bills

On April 27, 2016 at 11:22 PM, BabyBottlePop said:

According to a blog I found that follows Jahi's mother's social media presence, some of the photos that show Jahi's hands are showing signs of necrosis, or cell death. Even with the machine, her body is breaking down. I just don't see this ending well. If it's appealed in court over and over, it's sickening to think what might happen. 

I read that somewhere else too. and I agree with you on the other points as well.  

I just came across this and has to think of Jahi right away

A groundbreaking trial to see if it is possible to regenerate the brains of dead people, has won approval from health watchdogs.

A biotech company in the US has been granted ethical permission to recruit 20 patients who have been declared clinically dead from a traumatic brain injury, to test whether parts of their central nervous system can be brought back to life. 

Scientists will use a combination of therapies, which include injecting the brain with stem cells and a cocktail of peptides, as well as deploying lasers and nerve stimulation techniques which have been shown to bring patients out of comas.

The trial participants will have been certified dead and only kept alive through life support.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/05/03/dead-could-be-brought-back-to-life-in-groundbreaking-project/

I wonder if Jahi's mother will try to get her into that program. On one hand it would mean that she has to admit to the state her daughter is in, on the other hand it might some kind of last chnace for Jahi.

Archived