IGNORED

#Big Sandy 2016

picklepizzas

5 hours ago, HRM1216 said:

@Georgiana they look like a mix between Kohl's, Rue 21, Forever 21, and Target. If you look in the junior's section of any of those stores you'll find those dresses or at least ones very similar.

Most of those dresses are similar to my closet (I'd wear all but the brown one and that's just because I don't like brown).  ANd yes Target has awesome dresses.

(I'm in my 30s, but mostly shop in juniors because misses clothes are cut for people with larger boobs).

• Upvote 3

On 4/26/2016 at 10:04 AM, 19 cats and counting said:

I noticed you have to be 18 to go to boot camp Alert Academy.  How is Jer Duggar there if he's not 18 until December?

Well, if you believe that life begins at conception, he's been 18 for a few weeks now...#fundielogic #rulesareforotherpeople 

Edited by JesusCampSongs
  • Upvote 12

On 4/26/2016 at 7:41 AM, Loveday said:

The questions. :pb_eek:

"Explain your father and mother's relationship."

"Are you plagued with doubts concerning your salvation?"

"Do you ever struggle with your thought life?"

"Are you involved in a courtship?"

"If yes...would you say that your parents are 'guiding' or 'tolerating' this relationship? Explain."

"Have you ever heard or seen a spiritual being in your room or anywhere else?" :scared-eek:

And I haven't even gotten to the Father Questionnaire. Naturally, there's no Mother Questionnaire. :roll:

This sounds like the Scientology "personality quiz"

3. Do you browse through railway timetables, directories or dictionaries just for pleasure?

6. Do you get occasional twitches of your muscles, when there is no logical reason for it?

27. Do you often sing or whistle just for the fun of it?

30. Do you enjoy telling people the latest scandal about your associates?

52. Would you "buy on credit" with the hope that you can keep up the payments?

59. Do you consider the modern prisons without bars system "doomed to failure"?

69. Does emotional music have quite an effect on you?

73. Are you always collecting things which "might be useful"?

92. Are you a slow eater?

124. Do you often make tactless blunders?

196. Do you sometimes feel that your age is against you (too young or too old)?

and so on

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, artdecades said:

3. Do you browse through railway timetables, directories or dictionaries just for pleasure?

6. Do you get occasional twitches of your muscles, when there is no logical reason for it?

and so on

Do you have a tendency to jump on couches during interviews on major talk shows?

• Upvote 30

32 minutes ago, Elegant Mess said:

Do you have a tendency to jump on couches during interviews on major talk shows?

stupid tom cruise.jpg

You're welcome.

• Upvote 16

In fact, the only medical information they actually seem to want any information about are STDs.  They have "cancer" (no details required) and stroke and coma (again not interested in the details apparently) for which you just check "yes" or "no".  They claim they need this information as it could be a "deciding factor in a medical situation" but I can tell you if someone comes into the emergency room they're going to be a hell of a lot more interested in what kind of cancer, stroke or coma they had than what kind of STD they had.

Perhaps they should ask about heart conditions, too. You know...ones that might be exacerbated by all of this paramilitary play acting.

• Upvote 7

9 hours ago, artdecades said:

You betcha!  ALL the time!  #27 because I love to and #124 because I apparently love to make a fool of myself.  (Maybe that applies to #27 as well!)

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, JesusCampSongs said:
On 4/26/2016 at 10:04 AM, 19 cats and counting said:

I noticed you have to be 18 to go to boot camp Alert Academy.  How is Jer Duggar there if he's not 18 until December?

Well, if you believe that life begins at conception, he's been 18 for a few weeks now...#fundielogic #rulesareforotherpeople

Maybe they make allowances if you're turning 18 the year you attend and you have your parents' father's permission? 

I'm sure attendance has dropped a lot in recent years, they need everyone they can get. When we're talking indoctrination, the younger the better.

• Upvote 3

Holee, I read all those and I shudder! When I was a teen and young adult, filling that out would either have me asking, "what's this mean?" And even now, wondering, what DO they want to see? Would being a slow eater be a disqualification? My age being against me? Isn't that just a set-up for either failure or it being used against me? Thanks for putting it out there; I'm sure you only see that if you actually pay the application fees, right?

• Upvote 1

They'd never disqualify anyone for Scientology. They want everyone's money. The questions just give them a place to start making mountains out of ditches for auditing. 

• Upvote 7

18 hours ago, EmiGirl said:

Being pretty yourself unfortunately doesn't guarantee pretty kids.

And pretty kids does not guarantee pretty adult/kiddults either ;)

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

Holee, I read all those and I shudder! When I was a teen and young adult, filling that out would either have me asking, "what's this mean?" And even now, wondering, what DO they want to see? Would being a slow eater be a disqualification? My age being against me? Isn't that just a set-up for either failure or it being used against me? Thanks for putting it out there; I'm sure you only see that if you actually pay the application fees, right?

My SIL is working on her doctorate in corporate Psycology and she worked with a mentor that creates these kinds of tests. The goal was to make a test you could not 'cheat' on. People taking those tests are going to assume you are looking for something and wonder what it all means. Maybe they are just trying to exhaust the test taker. It is interesting when you think about it.

• Upvote 5

46 minutes ago, Thorns said:

And pretty kids does not guarantee pretty adult/kiddults either ;)

And pretty person does not mean good human being.

• Upvote 24

1 hour ago, Grimalkin said:
5 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

My SIL is working on her doctorate in corporate Psycology and she worked with a mentor that creates these kinds of tests. The goal was to make a test you could not 'cheat' on. People taking those tests are going to assume you are looking for something and wonder what it all means. Maybe they are just trying to exhaust the test taker. It is interesting when you think about it.

Fun fact about $cientology's personality test: there *are* correct answers, and they're online so you totally can cheat.

You'll still need their help, of course. The "best" answers are here: http://www.xenu.net/archive/oca/    The spiel used to sell you courses (no matter what your results) is linked from that article.

I'm sure ALERT's questionnaire is similar. There are right answers, both for things like if you've been molested (correct answer: no, though not for the reasons it's also the best answer in the real world) and for things that can't possibly matter like if you eat quickly (my guess is yes, so you can stop wasting time eating and get back to playing military and preaching at people).

• Upvote 6

21 hours ago, artdecades said:

and so on

I just went to a job interview where I had to take an IQ test, a "personality test", and a test that showed my actual ability to do the job.  The personality test was this test!  After reading this thread, I remembered hearing years ago that the company owner was a Scientologist. I'm starting think I dodged a bullet when I didn't get a call back.

• Upvote 14

@Ms Marvel, the didn't call you back because you eat too slowly while browsing through railway tables, in an effort to hide your age-induced tactless blunders from your scandalous associates.

• Upvote 19

18 hours ago, KZK said:

I'm sure ALERT's questionnaire is similar. There are right answers, both for things like if you've been molested (correct answer: no, though not for the reasons it's also the best answer in the real world) and for things that can't possibly matter like if you eat quickly (my guess is yes, so you can stop wasting time eating and get back to playing military and preaching at people).

what scares me about alert's questions is the amount of information they can use against you. There is a tremendous potential for shaming, manipulating, black mail and intimidation. I once completed similar forms for a faith based oraganisation I have long since left. But they still have all this info about me, and they can keep it and share it or do whatever they want to do with it. I am lucky they don't have much sh*t on me. Ok back ground, good marriage a.s.o. But what if I had a background of abuse? Or some embarrassing addiction? They would know it all.

I will never write personal information like that on forms again.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, foreign fundie said:

what scares me about alert's questions is the amount of information they can use against you. There is a tremendous potential for shaming, manipulating, black mail and intimidation. I once completed similar forms for a faith based oraganisation I have long since left. But they still have all this info about me, and they can keep it and share it or do whatever they want to do with it. I am lucky they don't have much sh*t on me. Ok back ground, good marriage a.s.o. But what if I had a background of abuse? Or some embarrassing addiction? They would know it all.

What, you mean just like Scientology (and auditing)?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, foreign fundie said:

One of the most important lessons I learned in high school was to never write anything on a "confidential" form that you wouldn't be happy sharing with everyone. 

I learned this the hard way and it's been an invaluable guide in my working life.

• Upvote 11

6 hours ago, foreign fundie said:

Heck, I don't even give medical offices my SSN most of the time, even though they're quite insistent about it.

There was some extremely rough weather in that area in the last few days.  Hope all is well.

• Upvote 1

On 27/04/2016 at 9:19 AM, JesusCampSongs said:

Or if you're Korean.

On April 27, 2016 at 7:18 PM, busdrivingmom said:

If you are in the US, keep an eye on the Honor Flight program.  They have been making sure WWII vets got their day of honor for their service and it was recently opened to Korea Vets.  My husband and I have a short list of friends and my father that we are going to put their names in when they start honoring the Vietnam Vets.  Its free for the vet, but the companion is $500 for the day and I think it would be worth it.  

My dad is a Vietman vet as well (Navy Commander on the swift boats) and attends a weekly veterans group.  The honor flights from our area (central California) just did their last one and now they are going to shut it down.  My dad said it costs $120,000 per flight and they just aren't raising enough money.  The vets are free and their companion pays $1,000 for the 3 day trip to D.C.  It makes me pretty sad that they are stopping the flights from here as I am sure there are more vets who now won't be able to go.  Maybe when the Vietnam vets are allowed to go they will be doing them from our area again.

My dad doesn't talk much about his time in Vietnam except for a few short, mostly amusing stories about life on a swift boat (like a poisonous snake falling in it from a tree branch).  I am very glad he now attends those veterans meetings. He also attends a yearly, unofficial, swift boat reunion in the Seattle area at a fellow vets house and he also goes to, whenever possible, to the official reunion when it is held every other year.  A few years ago it was held in San Diego and my children and I joined my parents for that one.  He met a man who had been on his boat before him and had a picture of it that he gave him.  It was really special for him.  

• Upvote 7