IGNORED

According to this random guy, God hates strong fictional characters.

NerdyHil

Wow. What an insufferable asshat.

And men do reject them. Look at the divorce statistics, look at the TV shows and books and articles by women desperately wondering why it’s so hard to hold on to a man. That’s a bigger problem than the purview of this letter, but you fictional female warriors are part of it.

Yeah...nope. "Men" don't reject "hard, mean, manly women." Plus...WTF? A woman who can take care of herself and is empowered enough to not run to a mayunnn!!!11111 to solve all of her problems is automatically "hard," "mean," and "manly?"

screwyouwashington.png

And we upstart women just better shut up and listen to this strong manly man:

So stop it. I’m nobody’s idea of Prince Charming, but let me do my little part to rescue you from yourselves.

How nice. He's going to rescue us from ourselves and make sure we stay in the place we were meant to: probably the kitchen or on our backs.

Because men.

Oh, and God.

And also, fuck you, sir.

Strong imaginary women are offensive? What the heck would he think about these real-life women?

• Boudica
  • Joan of Arc
  • The "Night Witches" of the 588th Night Bomber Regiment (Soviet Air Force)
  • Sophie Scholl ("White Rose")
  • The women of Sobibor, Auschwitz, and other hellcamps
  • Jane Swisshelm, journalist and women's rights activist
  • Malala Yousafzai
  • And thousands more....

He needs to open his own Bible to the Book of Judges and read about Jael driving a stake through Sisera's head.

33 minutes ago, samira_catlover said:

Strong imaginary women are offensive? What the heck would he think about these real-life women?

• Boudica
  • Joan of Arc
  • Malala Yousafzai
  • And thousands more....

Word.

And....does this guy not recognize some Biblical ass-kicking women?

Jael: Pounded a tent stake through a tyrant's head to help rescue Israeli soliders

(Well, shit. That's what I get for not reading FDD's post below before I posted mine, LOL!)

Deborah: Also from the Book of Judges, who was a military leader and led a successful attack against the Canaanites. And, she was a judge.

Esther: Approached the king to attempt diplomacy for the Israelites--when approaching the king without permission was basically a death sentence.

Rahab: Risked her life to hide Israelite spies, and thus contributed to capturing the city of Jericho. And she was *drumroll please* a prostitute. :pb_surprised:

Why do so many men in general, and religious men in particular, think their opinion about what women they don't even know do/think/act is in any way relevant?

I'm sorry, but ignorant jackasses like this guy need to handle themselves and their lives, not tell other people how to live. And the conceit behind the idea of saving women from themselves is just so OTT. I can't even fathom the mental gymnastics of that level of paternalism. It's sad that someone can be so threatened by the idea of women who can manage their own lives and control their own destiny.

I smell a fundie neckbeard. Not so long ago, I didn't think they existed. But now I've seen evidence of 2 in the last few months. Wow am I lucky! :?

Also, when I see badass women like Furiosa, I don't feel "beaten up" or stupid or afraid. I feel empowered. And let's be honest, that's what this guy is getting at.

Strong women in the media make young women feel empowered. And if young women are empowered they are less likely to marry assholes like this guy and continue on in serving a patriarchy-themed religion. They are less likely to submit to men who are only important because their egos and religion tell them so. They are more likely to take a closer look at the life of being a stay at home mom and deciding what exactly they want in life, whether it be a stay at home mom, or going to college, or having a job.

This guy isn't saying anything new. Even in the secular world SOOOO many dudes were mad that Mad Max turned into a movie about an "armless feminazi" as I saw it so politely summarized, and not solely about Max.

Also, the end about him saying that women need to be saved because first and foremost we need it for good American storytelling? Are you kidding? :huh:

ETA: what if a woman is saved by a woman? is that still bad storytelling? I need answers.

Another MRA who can't get laid. Bless his misogynistic heart.

He sits for hours wondering why he can't get a date - that's why he has so much time to crank out this horseshit.

5 hours ago, EyeQueue said:

Word.

And....does this guy not recognize some Biblical ass-kicking women?

Jael: Pounded a tent stake through a tyrant's head to help rescue Israeli soliders

(Well, shit. That's what I get for not reading FDD's post below before I posted mine, LOL!)

Deborah: Also from the Book of Judges, who was a military leader and led a successful attack against the Canaanites. And, she was a judge.

Esther: Approached the king to attempt diplomacy for the Israelites--when approaching the king without permission was basically a death sentence.

Rahab: Risked her life to hide Israelite spies, and thus contributed to capturing the city of Jericho. And she was *drumroll please* a prostitute. :pb_surprised:

Judith: beheaded the enemy army commander to save her besieged town.

Mary: who contradicted Jesus the son of god and told him what he had to do at that wedding. 

I can't fathom how these MRAs don't understand that having and showing respect for women and actively working for their empowerment exponentially increases a man's chances to find a mate that can be something more than a doormat. Maybe it's because I don't have such a low self esteem to fear to be challenged by anyone with more personality than a doormat. 

TL;DR dear MRAs, if your problem is getting laid, respect and actual appreciation of strong and opinionated women is much more productive of results ;) 

Don't forget Abigail, who managed to calm down an extremely enraged David. She's also considered to be one of the Tanakh's seven female prophets, per the Talmud. And Puah and Shiphrah, midwives of the Jewish women in Egypt, who saved a lot of newborn boys from a murderous king.

He's addressing fictional strong women who are taking the men's role in action films and he didn't even mention Mulan?  I couldn't get A Girl Worth Fighting For out of my head while reading this misogynistic vomit.  And as the Proud Mom of six strong, independent, kick-ass daughters, fuck you, buddy.

The fundie god hates so much cool stuff it kinda makes you not want to follow him, doesn't it?

And let's not forget in the "strong women of the Bible" category Mary Magdalene, prostitute and first person to whom the risen Christ revealed himself.

11 hours ago, samira_catlover said:

• Boudica
  • Joan of Arc
  • Malala Yousafzai
  • And thousands more....

That all probably happened because of the curse, and Eve lusting after a man's power. Oh, and because the men were not stepping up as they should have.

But we don't have to worry, because he promises he's going to step up and save us from ourselves.

Because it's always the woman's fault, no matter what.

Somebody never got over being picked last for dodge ball in his elementary school days.

Did anyone scroll to the end of the article and check out his photo? Dude's not exactly a superior physical specimen himself. 

Sometimes I wonder what all those neckbeards would do without the internet...?  Writing very angry essays into their dudebrojournals probably.

Haha, funny thing btw, just last week I attended a presentation by a now over 70 year old woman who is  -imho-  like a  RL Katniss Everdeen and would probably kick a dozen Nathan Albersons to the curb. At once. With only her pinky toe.

Huldah was a prophet that was asked to interpret the book of the law.

Junia was called an apostle and argue that that was a female name.

Definition of patronize in English:

VERB

(often as adjective patronizing) Treat with an apparent kindness which betrays a feeling of superiority 

I hope you won’t think I’m being patronizing if I say[...]

I don’t mean to be patronizing[...]

[...]I did not believe for a second that a little girl like you[...]

[...]most little ladies if properly motivated[...]

You ladies all read your Bibles, right? 

I could quote more scriptures about women being vulnerable in ways that men aren’t. [...] I’m not going to bother doing that because you ladies are all capable of reading your Bibles.

Look, I don’t want to bully you ladies

Look ladies, I’m not saying it’s all your fault. You’re just doing what you think you’re supposed to.

It’s just so sad. I wish every one of the ladies who played y’all had a father or a husband who loved them enough to tell them they weren’t allowed to do what they did.

5 hours ago, docmom said:

The fundie god hates so much cool stuff it kinda makes you not want to follow him, doesn't it?

And let's not forget in the "strong women of the Bible" category Mary Magdalene, prostitute and first person to whom the risen Christ revealed himself.

Mary Magdalene was not a prostitute. She fulfilled a role similar to a deacon's. The various NT prostitutes were not referred to by name. The concept of Mary Magdalene as a "redeemed whore" was invented by a bishop in the Middle Ages.

1 hour ago, Hane said:

Mary Magdalene was not a prostitute. She fulfilled a role similar to a deacon's. The various NT prostitutes were not referred to by name. The concept of Mary Magdalene as a "redeemed whore" was invented by a bishop in the Middle Ages.

Yep, misogynistic buttheads

4 hours ago, jas said:

Definition of patronize in English:

VERB

(often as adjective patronizing) Treat with an apparent kindness which betrays a feeling of superiority 

"I'm only saying this because I care".  Also one of those phrases that is code for " You are going to want to never speak to me again after I say this, but..."

Archived