IGNORED

What is going on at the Maxwells?

Dark Matters

3 hours ago, Arete said:

***HELPMEET HAT ON***

Just want to remind everyone that we don't play Internet Doctor with minors on FJ.

***HELPMEET HAT OFF***

Was that directed at me? I wasn't making fun or trying to suggest the child had a problem. I couldn't make her out.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I checked out the book Christina was reading to Drew and according to the description it shows the power of friendship!

Hmmm, friends who aren't siblings?  Doesn't sound very Maxwellian.

A book one of their commenters recommends, Mike Mulligan and his  Steam Shovel, (which Sarah promptly linked it to Amazon and their affiliate link) features a steam shovel named Mary Ann who can out dig 100 men !!

What is going on at the Maxwells indeed!

16 hours ago, nomoxian said:

I didn't really understand anything either. I'm not a parent and aren't around really young kids a lot, and kids do learn at different paces so *shrug*

Plus: they didn't have a mic in front of her. Mic can't record what mic can't pick up!

Separately, I'm pleasantly amazed that she was allowed the book y'all are describing. Free ALL the Maxspawn, from Poor Sarah thru NRAnna's current fetus!

New post up. Mel, Nathan, Chris and NR Anna went to a homeschool conference. Anna, Mary and Teri babysat. As usual, no mention of Sarah- she just took the photos.

22 hours ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Was that directed at me? I wasn't making fun or trying to suggest the child had a problem. I couldn't make her out.

No, if it had been directed specifically at you, I would have issued a formal warning only to you.  I was afraid your comment was going to be used as a platform for people to start dissecting Christina's development based on a few spoken sentences in a single video.  "Oh, when my kid was 2, she could clearly recite the Gettysburg Address.  Christina is clearly behind at 3."

i was just trying to head off a pile on like that.

Anna Marie is now matching clothes with her spouse?  That seems new.  That fabric is the exact same fabric. I wonder if she sews his shirts - if she does, she is a might fine seamstress.

35 minutes ago, bionicmlle said:

Anna Marie is now matching clothes with her spouse?  That seems new.  That fabric is the exact same fabric. I wonder if she sews his shirts - if she does, she is a might fine seamstress.

I think she had made a few of his shirts & also some of her & the kids clothes. 

The matching outfits charm me. Obviously, it was planned (and packed) well in advance, because they want the world to know that they belong together. I think it's sweet, in a Maxwell kind of way.

4 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

New post up. Mel, Nathan, Chris and NR Anna went to a homeschool conference. Anna, Mary and Teri babysat. As usual, no mention of Sarah- she just took the photos.

I'm wondering if Sarah deliberately leaves out any role she has in the activities she blogs about, or if she really only tags along to photograph every move they make. 

I wonder if Anna or Mary ever just want to say ' Sarah, put down the freaking camera and help out for once!'  Do you think Sarah is as distant as she seems to her nieces and nephews. It's like her sisters are the only ones that enjoy them. Actually John and Jesse seem to enjoy the kids too. But not Sarah  maybe it makes her sad that she'll never have her own :(

1 hour ago, bionicmlle said:

I swear she's done that sort of thing before. I remember seeing a group photo where Chris and Joshua were wearing shirts made out of the same material, and NR Anna and Ruthie were wearing frumpers in the same material. I think NR Anna was preggers with Lydia at the time. 

Teri wasn't in any of those pictures. I wonder just how involved she was with watching the kids, because it looks like Jesse and John were more involved than she was. 

I'm positive I've seen that matching shirt and frumper on Chris and Anna Marie before. I think Joshua and Ruthanne have matching clothes in the same fabric.

I see Josh is Steve's favorite again.  Why did Nate/Mel and Chris/Anna go on separate days?  Looks like the Aunties had all the kids at once.

For the sake of clarity Sarah needs to tell us when each couple left and when they returned? How were we going to be confused? Th picture of two of them "garage saling"? The post is nothing but a bunch of photos and I feel like I have already seen the one with Mary, Anna and the kids in the strollers. Of course, all Maxwell photo poses are repeats because everyday is Groundhog's day in that house.o

I don't think Sarah distances herself from the kids because she is aching for her own children. I think Sarah is Teri 2.0. She likely has a lot of control in the household because of Teri's depression. It is always possible she isn't this sweet woman that is barely holding it together, while living this difficult fundy life, like we all hope she is. Maybe she is Steve's second in command. For all we know she is barking orders at her sisters and that's why it appears she is just taking pictures while they are actually doing the work. 

2 hours ago, Odd1Out said:

I'm wondering if Sarah deliberately leaves out any role she has in the activities she blogs about, or if she really only tags along to photograph every move they make. 

I wonder if Anna or Mary ever just want to say ' Sarah, put down the freaking camera and help out for once!'  Do you think Sarah is as distant as she seems to her nieces and nephews. It's like her sisters are the only ones that enjoy them. Actually John and Jesse seem to enjoy the kids too. But not Sarah  maybe it makes her sad that she'll never have her own :(

Sarah raised the 5 reversals while Teri was trying to pray away her depression. Instead of actually taking medication and raising her own children.  Sarah may just not want to put anymore effort into helping raise another woman's children.

Maybe Sarah doesn't mention helping with the kids because she is the one writing the blog, and her family would consider it "selfish" for her to mention her own accomplishments.  The female chidults are probably supposed to be long-suffering, etc., so she can't toot her own horn.  I think that there is a lot that they leave out of it.

@crawfishgirl I was coming here to write that very thing.

I imagine Sarah helps out too, but it really seems like she likes to kind of feature her sisters on the blog, rather than herself.

Also wanted to mention Melanie's hair.  Very cute, but very short by fundie standards.

On 30/04/2016 at 11:56 AM, kpmom said:

I checked out the book Christina was reading to Drew and according to the description it shows the power of friendship!

Hmmm, friends who aren't siblings?  Doesn't sound very Maxwellian.

Friendship is magic, and rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft.  (1 Samuel 15:23, and Hasbro)

To be fair to Sarah, looking after her nieces and nephews isn't her job. She's doing the blog (ie marketing for their family business) and writing books (they're abysmal, but I'm sure it's still work to write them).

If you’re a parent, you know how incredible it is to have time away with no distractions or interruptions from the children. If you’re a homeschool mom, you also know how enjoyable homeschool conferences are. Combine the two of those, and you have an amazing duo!

Between her crappy writing and her crappy pictures I can hardly bring myself to read Sarah's blog anymore. It has become duller than I ever thought possible and most weeks I skip it entirely and just read the FJ snark.

So Saturday the "ever-exciting" (Sarah's description, not mine) aunties had to watch 7 kids all day.  I'm sure glad they didn't have anything planned, otherwise Christopher and NR Anna might not have been able to go "garage saling."

This young lady knows how to wash dishes. Way to go, Betsy!

Oh how wonderful that she has mastered dish washing.  I'm glad she has started down that path early so that we all can watch her progress with pride and wonder.  Maybe she can aim for an Olympic medal or even the Nobel Prize for Housekeeping, but the true test of her skills will be when she masters the art of ceiling fan dusting.

There's nothing wrong with a child knowing how to do dishes or how to properly pitch in with the housework.  However, it's sad that that is one of the things a female born into Maxhell can aspire to.  

2 hours ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

Oh how wonderful that she has mastered dish washing.  I'm glad she has started down that path early so that we all can watch her progress with pride and wonder.  Maybe she can aim for an Olympic medal or even the Nobel Prize for Housekeeping, but the true test of her skills will be when she masters the art of ceiling fan dusting.

6.5/10 did not include 'purposed'.

4 hours ago, Foudeb said:

To be fair to Sarah, looking after her nieces and nephews isn't her job. She's doing the blog (ie marketing for their family business) and writing books (they're abysmal, but I'm sure it's still work to write them).

Between Sarah's severely dull writing and Steve's curt comments, the blog isn't worth reading anymore (despite the children having grown up around cameras.)

Filling out a textbook order.

Who the hell takes pictures of someone filling out a form?

did someone completely sap the creativity out of them?

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived