IGNORED

What is going on at the Maxwells?

Dark Matters

18 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Yeah Steven Ray Bargar, son of Paul from Ida Grove IA.

Where does the last name Maxwell come from?

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Where does the last name Maxwell come from?

From Steve's stepdad - can't remember his full name though?

On 5/2/2016 at 5:30 PM, anjulibai said:

Yeah, you would think they'd talk more about their sons' businesses or the types of things the daughters do all day. But we rarely hear about any of that. Why are they so private about that aspect? You'd think it would be free advertisement, not just for the success of their system but for their sons' businesses as well. 

I'm assuming they don't talk about their sons work because they don't do much!

That little girl looks like she's trying to get out of her father's hug.

Run little one! Head for the hills!

Also, note Melanie's strategically placed hand in front of Bethany's crotch. I mean, I'd suppose that'd happen with any family, but you'd think they'd've adjusted Bethany's skirt...

On 4/27/2016 at 9:53 AM, Elegant Mess said:

Oooh!  Is the cookbook board the place where we can find the coveted secret to using a pizza cutter to slice lettuce????

They use what to do what now? :laughing-lmao:

1 hour ago, Alachantal said:

They use what to do what now? :laughing-lmao:

This is in reference to an older blog post by Sarah regarding a Maxwell family recipe.  She made a passing remark about using a pizza cutter to chop lettuce and said there would be "more on that later".  Yet, we STILL wait!

5 hours ago, Elegant Mess said:

This is in reference to an older blog post by Sarah regarding a Maxwell family recipe.  She made a passing remark about using a pizza cutter to chop lettuce and said there would be "more on that later".  Yet, we STILL wait!

Ah, I see, thank you. I've been off FJ for too long with work and then holiday. So glad to be back and catching up!

Maxwells make me tired.

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Maxwells make me tired.

That's because they are all so amazingly busy all the time according to Sarah. 

Busy doing very little.

My new guilty pleasure is watching episodes of the British show "Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners" on YouTube.  The first people it reminded me of were the Maxwells.  They probably clean their entire house every. single. day. because they literally have nothing better to do (and no imagination to come up with anything).

I even bought the pizza cutter and still waiting for instructions...:my_cry:. What am I supposed to do with the pizza cutter in the meantime?:my_confused:

18 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

I even bought the pizza cutter and still waiting for instructions...:my_cry:. What am I supposed to do with the pizza cutter in the meantime?:my_confused:

Email the Maxwells constantly until you get an answer?

Indeed it is satire and all made up.

On 4/27/2016 at 9:53 AM, Elegant Mess said:

Oooh!  Is the cookbook board the place where we can find the coveted secret to using a pizza cutter to slice lettuce????

When I first "discovered" the Maxwells, one of the first things I looked at was the cookbook board, because I'm always looking for new recipes.  Sadly, all that I found were comments like, "I have very little money to feed my x number of kids.  Does anyone have any inexpensive recipes centering around whole wheat flour?"  I wish I were exaggerating.

@Fun-Dee I wish I had seen that! I never paid attention to their forum and it was mostly dead by the time I decided to look.

20 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

@Fun-Dee I wish I had seen that! I never paid attention to their forum and it was mostly dead by the time I decided to look.

I just checked, and you can still access the cookbook forum.  Go to resources, and then to titus 2 cookbook at the bottom of the page.  Most of the posts are years old.  So, not all of the posts are as bleak as I remembered, but there's one on there where she's asking for help cooking from scratch.  Her husband is unemployed, she's pregnant with their 5th child and is having trouble cooking three meals a day for everyone because of morning sickness.  She posted an update several months later, to say that her husband now has a job, and she's pregnant with their 6th child, who will be 11 months younger than number 5.  Oh and they were planning on attending a Maxwell conference that weekend!!!

2 hours ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Clean it and pray for its future use in the service of the Lord.

3 hours ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Use it to cut your bean burritos?

I have always heard you should tear lettuce by hand rather than cut it with a knife (or, I imagine, a pizza cutter).  I guess a knife gives a metallic taste to the lettuce.  Or so I've heard.

Anybody know if that's true?  I've always hand torn my lettuce.

In thinking about it, I can't imagine a busy restaurant chef would hand tear lettuce, or maybe s/he would?

Maybe this is one of those things where Steve couldn't taste the difference (like meat in the burritos), so they went with cutting rather than hand tear.

4 hours ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Cut pizza.

3 minutes ago, kpmom said:

I have always heard you should tear lettuce by hand rather than cut it with a knife (or, I imagine, a pizza cutter).  I guess a knife gives a metallic taste to the lettuce.  Or so I've heard.

Anybody know if that's true?  I've always hand torn my lettuce.

When you cut it you can bruise it and then the edges turn brown. I think there is less bruising when tearing. I could be wrong.

52 minutes ago, CyborgKin said:

Cut pizza.

You are far too logical.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived