IGNORED

Introduce Yourself- Part 3

samurai_sarah

Hi Everyone! After more than 10 years of lurking I finally signed up. It was my third attempt. First was when I found out what's the name of Matthew and Amanda Wilkes daughter names was but gave up signing eventually. The second time was when I wanted to thank someone for hillarious comment. It mad my day....a week maybe. I almost laughed my head off that time. Unfortunatelly I don't remember any longer who it was and what was said...too bad... :) And now I'm here to chip in...hopefully.

Who I am: 36 years old mother of one belssing :pb_rollseyes: from Poland. Anyone from this area by a chance? We have now our own crazy stuff over here so maybe Polish people are busy protesting, shuffling snow or whatever. But I guess fundie drama is not that popular here. And sorry in advance for mistakes. I will do my best to be clear with my thoughts in the best English I can manage :)

Long story short: I came across Duggars for the first time over 10 years ago on some of the gossip portals here. They were presented as some kind of curiosity. Don't remember how many Duggarlings they had that time I don't want to check lol...many for sure. Aaaand I went dooown rabbit hole...I found FJ and found new fascinating rabbit holes...

Recently I focus on Neelys, Wilkes (Wilkeses? Wilkes' ???) and Stelzls. They are so weirdly fascinating, disturbing and boring at the same time.

And the Maxhell...oh boy...

Have a good day/night. And see you round (something tells me that I will put away books I got for Christmas)

• Upvote 7

@fish_ca

Haha, you're in luck, I'm from Poland too, cześć :)

I also joined recently. My favourite fundies to follow are the Bates, Duggars,  Maxwells and Shupes (still waiting for an update from Erika :'( ).  I don't even remember how I found FJ, but as many, I was a long time lurker and now I finally decided to contribute.  It feels so good to snark!

• Upvote 4

Cześć @ScorpiousMalfoy

It's awesome to "see" you here. Actually I didn't expect anyone from Poland. "Call the midwife"? Love it too...mostly when I run on my eliptical :)

Have a good day and let's stay in touch.

• Upvote 3

Hi everyone!

Another long time lurker, first time poster here. Been lurking a heck of a lot more the last month or so since being on sick leave from work, and after falling down a few rabbit holes, figured it was time for an account! 

I've been watching the Duggars since the early specials, in a "wow this is weird and probably not healthy but I can't look away" way. My username is from an episode I rewatched recently on YouTube, where they were naming Jordyn I believe, and JB asked one of the Lost Girls (probably Jennifer) what the name was going to be. She responded "Giraffe", which JB clarified would be "Jiraffe with a J!" Lol. I knew of the Bates because of the Duggars, and have learned way more about them here. Also went way down the Naugler rabbit hole and...wow. Not being a "real" FJer, I didn't have access to the rescue ferrets so I may have grabbed a stuffed animal! :ferret::ferret: Ahhhhh, that's better.

As for me, I'm a Canadian girl, originally from Toronto and now living in rural Ontario. Mr Jiraffe and I tied the knot last year, no kids at the moment but it's a possibility. I'll be 35 later this year. Music, concerts, and travel are my life, if I ever win the lottery I'm just gonna follow bands forever. I consider myself a Christian, but I'm suuuuuper non-fundy. I curse and swear, and wear evil clothes, but believe that God's up there somewhere. Presumably shrugging cause despite my pants-wearing ways, life's been pretty good to me so far. :my_shy:

So that's it! Not sure I'll be posting a lot but happy to have the option...this is a fascinating place and I love the discussions that go on here. See y'all around! 

• Upvote 6

Hey yall I joined bc I got morbidly fascinated with the Duggar show, after noticing a lot of stark similarities to my own childhood. I guess I was raised what this forum calls "fundie-lite." My parents are no longer religious at all and don't attend church anywhere, so it was kind of a "phase" they went through while the Bill Gothard/Mary Pride/Bob Jones etc personalities were attracting a lot of attention and starting a big wave of homeschooling in the United States. Maybe I can connect with some other people who have had a rough time bc of their parents involvement with this cult lifestyle. 

Anyway, that's my basic backstory. I would never go on about the boring details of my personal life (pets, houses, etc) the way many members on here do cause it drives me crazy, but I'm just posting about my life as a fundie homeschooler bc it's relevant to this forum. 

• Upvote 5

Hi everyone!

I found the Duggars during a holiday about two years ago and could not trust my eyes with this side-hug thing. So I've fallen down the rabbit hole and ended right here. 

Many posts here definitely made my day so the next step was signing in. With english not being my first language, I hope I will not ruin it.:my_biggrin:

Forgot to tell: I'm a 30 year old woman from germany, I was raised catholic more or less but I am no longer attending this church. I decided the evangelical church suits me better. 

Edited by Scrabblemaster
Extra Information
  • Upvote 4

Long time lurker.  Signed up ages ago and then never posted. Had my account reactivated (thank you admins). I'm no stranger to internet chat groups as I started with Usenet centuries ago.  Well back in the early 90s.  Yes, I'm that old. Mom to a thirteen year old daughter. I'll say having a teenage daughter is like Forrest Gump and his box of chocolates.  You never know what you are going to get.  I was just yelled at because she broke her lamp.  Her dad said he would fix it on the weekend, and I gave her my lamp to use in the mean time.  Still she yelled at us.  :smiley-signs131: But I digress.  I'm here because the discussions are fun. I like snark and it is great way to unwind after a stressful day at work.

• Upvote 8

Welcome to everyone new :)  Looking forward to reading your contributions!

• Upvote 4

Hi everybody! I´m a 57 year old grandmother from Norrköping, Sweden. Like so many others I have been lurking for some time before joining. There is no mr Muffin, only a cat named Muffins living with me. My grandson is 7 year old and the most cutest little boy there is :baseball1: I´m Mormon which makes me the odd one out because in Sweden people don´t belive in God. Well, obviously some people do but most don´t.

I´m here because of Lori Alexander :my_shy:  and I have been reading all the good stuff that is here and I really like to read all your comments. There is so much wrong with her that I dont even know where to start. So lets just say that she makes me want to snark. And bang my head on the desk. 

I apologize for grammar errors or/and spelling mistakes  

• Upvote 10

• 2 weeks later...

Long time lurker, first time poster...My gateway fundies were Emily (she of the cheese-making skirt and toilet dog)  and Candy ( who needs no explanation).  Right now my fundies of the moment are the Rodrigueses and of course Russell the love muscle (not so much a fundie, as he is a train-wreck).  Thank you for letting me on board!

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, trailertrashcouturenc said:

My gateway fundies were Emily (she of the cheese-making skirt and toilet dog)  and Candy ( who needs no explanation). 

Oh, Emily!

Welcome! Good to have you here. :)

• Upvote 2

Hello everybody!
I'm a 27 year old woman from the Netherlands. I've been together with my bf for 5 years now and we've been living together for a year and a half.  We share a (student) house with two others as we're currently both still studying and can't afford a place of our own. It's not an ideal living situation, but it could be worse, and our housemates are nice. 
I love to read science fiction, and I also really like to watch it. I enjoy watching comedy series such as The Office, 30 Rock, Community etc. with my boyfriend.
My guilty pleasures are TLC and Mtv, which is how I became aware of American christian fundamentalists such as the duggars. The town I grew up in is located in my country's biblebelt, and so I knew there were fundies who believe that women should wear skirts and stay at home, that men should provide for their families and not women, that sex before marriage is a sin, and that God created the earth in 6000 years. I had even had conversations with fundy women about their religious perspectives. However, I had never before heard of homeschooling (this practice is not allowed in Holland. If a child is physically unable to go to school, there are government approved online classes they can follow, but this is highly exceptional), nor of people actively protesting against LGBTQ rights and abortion, nor of people not having any physical contact with their fiance prior to getting married. Especially that last one blew my mind. 
My curiosity towards fundy courting rituals is how I ended up here. It's like a whole new world opened up to me. I once heard a rap song called something like 'give me that christian side hug', and I was convinced it was a spoof. Turns out it wasn't.
I'm really curious if there is a fundy community like the duggars and the bateses in my country, people who court and don't even hold hands and give sidehugs and stuff.

• Upvote 4

Hey all. Longtime lurker since 2015, I finally joined this year. I was initially interested in the Duggars, but my reason for joining is because of the political discussion here, which I have found incredibly helpful. I feel like the current political climate is trying to normalize the weirdness, hate, and other weird stuff that is rampant in the fundie world. It's awesome to meet other people who would like our country to change for the better, not go back in time 200 years.

I live with my hubby, daughter, and our pets in the great midwest. We are moving this year since my neighborhood has become crappier and worse than I ever remember. But that's another complaint for another day!

• Upvote 3

Hi everyone!

I'm Lisa, and I've been a lurker ever since I've discovered the Duggars (back in around late '14 or so) and since I do check here, everyday, I figured it's might as well the time for me to actually join! So here I am. :my_biggrin: Although I must admit - it's been very interesting, lately, to be reading through the politics thread with every (crazy) thing that's going on with Trump & all...so if I could add some extra peace & positivity throughout the thread, I'd say "mission accomplished!". I also pose the question..."is it 2020, yet?" or at the very least, 2018. :my_confused:

Anyway - I'm also a creative writing major at my local college & will be turning 25 in March. Although I'm not married with children yet like the Duggars (and half of my class from my private all-girls Jewish school...) I plan to be, someday, but for now - I'm just living life each day with a passion to write, a pair of ears to enjoy lots of music with (mainly English, Japanese & Korean pop - any other listeners out there?) and most of all: with glimmers of hope, faith and positivity towards the future. Nice to meet you all!

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

Longtime lurker who finally signed up and after some time decided to post. Duggars were my gateway fundies and since finding FJ have fallen down many a rabbit hole. 

Political discussion is what drew me to finally register. I like being among those who want a change for the better. 

Single parent, public school teacher(so sad right now), two canine fur babies, located in the northeast with a tremendous amount of snow today! I enjoy the snark and hope to contribute some in the future.

• Upvote 5

Welcome!

:hi:

We - mostly- don't bite, so make yourself comfortable and dive right in. :)

• Upvote 2

(I had to turn my TRUMP CAPS OFF).  Ahem.

Welcome, welcome to new posters!  Glad to see you here :)

• Upvote 2

Hi my fellow snark lovers! I stumbled upon this glorious site yesterday after spending my lunch researching Gothard and the Quiverfull movement. I have a horrific fascination with all things cult–FLDS, the Duggars, and all that good stuff. I've been watching the Duggars for probably 10 years or whenever that special was on TLC about them building their huge ass house. Can't even remember how many kids they had at the time. But they reminded me of my ex and his family, and WHY he is my ex.

I was never religious but naively fell in love with a Baptist at 18 and long story short, tried to please him by becoming one and going to church and all that. It's very boring so I won't go into detail but I was always kind of a rebel. We waited til marriage to do anything, which is stupid, got married at 22, which was also stupid. We totally had a parent/child relationship and I finally left in 2006. I'm now an atheist, into science and geology, have a lot of rescued pets, a great husband, an adopted daughter, and so on.

I am also currently writing a novel that I was inspired to write after studying the FLDS and the Duggars. It's about a girl who is in a similar kind of cult who is about to be married off and escapes to the real world. In all my years of Duggar-watching, I guess it's my way of hoping one of the girls would eventually escape. My money was always on Jinger but guess that's out the window now.

Anyway like I said, this place is amazing. I realized I had a problem when I would click on any Duggar article and immediately scroll to the comments to see if other people thought like I did and yes, now I see that a lot of you do. I look forward to reading more on here. :)

• Upvote 5

45 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:
Welcome, @PumaLover.  Jump right on in.

Thank you, will do. I am literally so excited that there are others like me out there. I've been looking around but is there a specific spot for talking about former negative religious/fundie experiences?

• Upvote 2

Hi everyone!

I've lurked around for a while and love to see what everyone is saying about Lori Alexander and Robert/Cabinet Man...back to that in a minute.

I'm from Portland, Oregon. I grew up Catholic then turned Evangelical in my teens, then moved to Done by my late 30's. I homeschooled my kids for 10 years - graduated one from public school two years ago and my youngest is currently in public high school. I never really fell into the Fundie crowd, perhaps due to keeping it weird in the Portland area, but I've met plenty and have heard horror stories. I admit to using some conservative Christian homeschooling material. I used to alter it a lot, but there is some that looking back, I wish I wouldn't have used.

I have an undergraduate ministry degree and a MSW. My passion is working with victims of abuse. While I don't do this professionally, I volunteer my time working with our local police department as a victim advocate. I write at Spiritual Sounding Board (JA says, "Hi!").

Which brings me back to Lori Alexander and Robert....I keep my eye on Lori and try to give her push back every once-in-a-while. Not too much, you know, because she loves deleting and banning people. Recently she has dedicated a couple of posts to comments from a man named, "Trey." After carefully reading through Trey's oh so wonderful rhetoric, I am suspicious that this is Robert reincarnated. I say this because his words remind me so much of a post that I did about him on SSB where he condoned forceful sex and fought saying that there is no such thing as marital rape. After that post he seemed to disappear from the interwebs. Two years seems sufficient enough time to stay away and come back with a hipper sounding name. 

I would love to get a thread going on this to see what everyone else thinks about this.

• Upvote 4

Hello, well  better introduce myself, long time lurker ( about 6 or so years), and initially found this page after a friend suggested to look into the managing books provided by the Maxhell family. Born and raised catholic, converted to Mormonism at 18, got saved into a IFB church at 20....no 16 years later no longer belonging to any church. I am a SAHM with 4 kiddies which i home school...in the beginning it was more for religious reasons now its just because the schools at our current location are not the greatest ( if you look at the worst school districts in TN academically...you will find ours pretty much on the bottom). Our family does not fit any mold or stereotype in belief, homeschooling, lifestyle, etc...so we are currently seeking our own path in life..

• Upvote 2

Hi everyone!

I'm a 29 year old full on sinner from the east coast. I've been an atheist as long as I can remember, the extent of my experience with religion was going to a very liberal lutheran Sunday school when I was really young. That didn't last long. I'm Single and love it, I don't care about marriage, but i'm not against it either. Childfree and staying that way, I don't like even being around kids. The Duggar house would literally be my nightmare. They are the complete opposite of my lifestyle and I started watching them a few years ago because I was interested to see how people lived with literally the opposite values. 

I like horseback riding, travel, and music. I've lived in Japan for many years before moving back to the states, and I frequently travel to Europe.  I go to a lot of rock concerts especially death and black metal. I drink, have tattoos,  piercings, and sleep around, I guess thats what happens when you don't have an accountability buddy. 

My favorite Duggars are JD and Jana, least favorite is boob, Derick frequently annoys me as well.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody!

I'm a lurker from Italy. I just love your forum. I have been following the Duggars for years now and I have been looking for a place to chat and gossip about them. That's how I found Free Jinger :)

• Upvote 1