IGNORED

my dog was a bit too happy to see me today

doggie

he dribbled a couple times since we got him almost a year ago but never for me and then it was on a foot. we were gone from 8 to about 120 yesterday with my daughter checking on him and he was not a happy camper would not stop chewing on his bone  and not being able to sleep. so I guess this is my reward when I got home. IMG_2580.JPG

my sister has a dog who, when i go to her house, will greet me by rolling onto his back and peeing a small fountain.

every. damn. time.  it's gotten to the point where i keep paper towels in my car and carry them in with me. 

we had a female dog that would go around in circles peening every time I came home. I had to just ignore her when I came home. but he never does it and it was severe minutes after I got home. he loves to jump on your lap and put his legs over your shoulder. 

Awww sounds like he couldn't help it. I wonder if giving him a long walk before you go or exercising him really well would make it a bit better for him when you go out for long periods of time. My dog is a spaz and needs lots of exercise.

we are not usually gone that long we went to the beach. we were worn out after walking 14 miles. he would not leave the bone alone and even went outside with it in his mouth and did nothing he was mad when we took it away so he would go potty and go to sleep. ya a walk would have helped but it was way too late to take him.

he seemed embarrassed afterwards. the silly guy.

Lots of dogs exhibit submissive peeing, where they roll over on their backs and pee on their tummies.  We had a dachshund many years ago that was notorious for doing it.  I remember she did it when some guys came to see my dad about a job. My current dachsie doesn't pee submissively, thank FSM! 

5 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

Lots of dogs exhibit submissive peeing, where they roll over on their backs and pee on their tummies.  We had a dachshund many years ago that was notorious for doing it.  I remember she did it when some guys came to see my dad about a job. My current dachsie doesn't pee submissively, thank FSM! 

ya he did it when we went to visit him at the pound to the lady leading him and once after to someone new but that was it.  but never to me. Now I have to worry the nI come home (G) 

He is not much in the way submissive he is too excited when people arrive it is more excitement I think. I just hope no repeat tomorrow

The dog of me friend always runs full speed into people. He is so excited when people are coming that he keeps on forgetting that the floor is slippery and he cannot stop. :boom: He is a Labrador, so he has quite an.... impact.

ya getting bowled over is not good. ours just jumps like crazy or he will run and jump into people he is only about 20 pounds but he aims for the family jewels. 

• 1 month later...

I remember my late fur niece Morgan would often come up to the door at my sister's place to greet people.  One time I was at my sister's place about 30 seconds before I felt a cold little pink nose pressed up against my ankle attached to a black and white furball.  My sister said I was being investigated. 

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 1.24.14 PM.png

Archived