IGNORED

Miss Raquel's 2nd Novel - Part 3

samurai_sarah

And here I thought the guy she was pining after was a new guy. But apparently it's the same "old" guy? And with his issues, it's no wonder her parents threatened to throw her out if she didn't drop him...

(I might have gotten some of the above wrong. The coffee hasn't kicked in yet and I'm having trouble getting my brain to kick over.)

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raquel's romantic stories have tended to have "bad guy" leading men. I think she went after him because she thought she could reform a bad guy. She has probably built up this huge Nicholas Sparks romance where she saves him from himself and they live happily ever after. It isn't going to work and their Twitter talks are not romantic, they are ridiculous. 

Of course, she also claims that he changed after they started dating and that she thought he wanted the same things she did. Some of his comments sound like someone with issues beyond drugs. In which case Raquel's "Just go back to being who you used to be" is not very helpful. It's on par with telling depressed people "Have you tried being happy?"

5 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

He also appears to have some sort of substance use issue...clearly, we have a real winner on our hands here. :?

Yep. I take back what I said about wanting them to get together in the end -- there's some shit you just shouldn't hitch your wagon to. What he says about regularly driving under the influence, as well as the implication that he's not in control of his drinking/drug use, is a huge flashing red flag. I'm not anti recreational drug use by any means, but using them to self-medicate mental illness, as he appears to be doing, usually has bad outcomes. He seems rather similar to Raquel in his immaturity and histrionic tendencies, but he has a self destructive streak that could easily see him dead or in jail. The fact they're not together makes me hope she's smart enough to realise that (or possibly her parents made her promise. Mom tears are powerful magic.)

6 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

He also appears to have some sort of substance use issue...clearly, we have a real winner on our hands here. :?

And suicidal idealizations.

On another note, my OCD caught a mistake on the blog belonging to the "wielder of words"...

Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 1.50.43 PM.png

I also don't understand the point of having a public twitter account where you post links to, and the exact wording of, specific questions and answers posted on your public askFM page.

So she wrote ideal spouse/man lists until she declared it stupid?  Of course, she did.  

She has had more than that list, but that was the first one I found. If I remember correctly he needs to be taller than she is, needs to play an instrument, needs to take her dancing in the rain, needs to always answer when she calls, needs to be okay if she ignores him when he calls, and the lists go on and on and on. 

Who the heck needs 54 reasons not to date someone? in the end, there's only one reason. "It will not make both our lives better."

with so many billions of people out there that i'm not dating, it just seems easier to me to treat "I won't date you" as the default position that needs no justification, and only justify the one I chose to date. 

Do you think these two ever had a thought they did not tweet? 

according to Raquel's twitter she has an appointment for her next four tattoos at once later this month.

22 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

with so many billions of people out there that i'm not dating, it just seems easier to me to treat "I won't date you" as the default position that needs no justification, and only justify the one I chose to date. 

Do you think these two ever had a thought they did not tweet? 

If Raquel had a thought and didn't tweet it, did she even think it?

and scanning my twitter now - good grief he is just as gag worthy and she is.

So...Ryan (of not-ex-boyfriend ex-boyfriend fame) has posted the following photograph with the caption "Getting this with my lady." Now, it is entirely possible, if not probable, that he is A. referring to a woman who is not Raquel or B. Experiencing some sort of delusions as the result of drug use and/or mental illness. But...with Raquel's obsession with tattoos and Ryan, well...I'll let you be the judge. 

ETA: Hold the phone, I scrolled down my twitter feed and apparently Raquel posted the photograph a day earlier than Ryan did with the caption "Okay, babe, where are you? I wanna get these tats with you." So I am pointing to some sort of weirdness on Ryan's part, here. Either way, the tats are in terrible taste, particularly on the hand. 

Ch9nhncUoAAxRXW.jpg

34 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

So...Ryan (of not-ex-boyfriend ex-boyfriend fame) has posted the following photograph with the caption "Getting this with my lady." Now, it is entirely possible, if not probable, that he is A. referring to a woman who is not Raquel or B. Experiencing some sort of delusions as the result of drug use and/or mental illness. But...with Raquel's obsession with tattoos and Ryan, well...I'll let you be the judge. 

ETA: Hold the phone, I scrolled down my twitter feed and apparently Raquel posted the photograph a day earlier than Ryan did with the caption "Okay, babe, where are you? I wanna get these tats with you." So I am pointing to some sort of weirdness on Ryan's part, here. Either way, the tats are in terrible taste, particularly on the hand. 

Ch9nhncUoAAxRXW.jpg

Um. I can appreciate a tasteful tattoo, but... IMO that's hideous.

This is hideous! An almost boyfriend of mine in high school suggested a king card and queen card for "us" back in the day. 

I noticed the same thing on twitter.  Oh and at some point in the last week or so she retweeted a photo of a king/queen set of tattoos with cards (and I had seen something similar on Pinterest not that long ago - so they're being soooooooooooooooo original)

This thread is reminding me of a very old news story, from when Walter Cronkite was the CBS anchor. It was said to be one of the few times he smiled while giving a news story. It went something like this:

"The on-again, off-again, on-again, off-again, on-again relationship of Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton is... off again."

Jesus H Christ if she got the word QUEEN across her hand....

That is ridiculous.

ETA: With a motherfucking CROWN on it. I just can't with this.

Neither of them will ever regret these tattoos.  Ever.  Even when they are old and wrinkly these tattoos will still be, um, there.

Well but it's better than tattooing his or her name. After the relationship is RIP you can justify king or queen tattoos as a confidence building statement or as the first sign of your future world domination.

No significant other tattoos unless you've been married/in a committed relationship for at least a decade or your SO is dead. I also think that having a tattoo that big on your hand isn't a very smart move unless you're absolutely, positively, 100% certain you will only be working in industries that would condone that.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived