IGNORED

Miss Raquel's 2nd Novel - Part 3

samurai_sarah

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Continued from other thread....

Considering at least one of his tweets is a thinly veiled threat of physical violence against the new guy, I would say not-ex-bf may be a danger to himself AND others.  

A party indeed. :P

There's definitely something going on with the ex not boyfriend. I also suspect Raquel eats it up. She probably thinks it's romantic. :pb_confused:

He also seems to be threatening her, and by the "I wonder if anyone will miss me when I am gone" tweet, may be planning a suicide. I'm worried. 

Raquel tweeted that she had margaritas. It's interesting that she drinks. Do you think her future husband will be allowed to drink? 

1 hour ago, iweartanktops said:

Raquel tweeted that she had margaritas. It's interesting that she drinks. Do you think her future husband will be allowed to drink? 

As long as it's what she wants when she wants. Which is really the only consistent rule with Raquel.

Raquel is still a Calvinist right? My understanding is Calvinists can drink alcohol, though hard drinks and drunkenness tend to be frowned upon. The Botkins have even been photographed with glasses of wine!

Raquel has been drinking alcohol since she was about 17. She has talked about it before, her parents gave it to her. 

Raquel has once again wielded some words, enjoining us to be content, but not complacent. I'm noticing how her Great Life Advice (TM) often ends up reading as a pep talk to herself. "

A relationship isn’t going to make everything wonderful and flowery.  In fact, it makes things more challenging.  Having a job will keep you extremely busy.  Traveling can be really sucky sometimes. School can get overwhelming.

"Those grapes are probably really sour, so I don't want them."

Also, I have no fucking clue on how the image on that entry is supposed to reflect the topic in the slightest. 

She is trying a bit hard to convince others and herself that she is really happy and content. A big part of her problem is that she won't accept responsibility for her bad choices. 

She's also not very good at taking her own advice when it is worth while. She talks about pursuing dreams, but the biggest step she's taken towards being a professional writer is awkward blogging and her biggest platform she helped found, well...

ETA:

http://bravemag.com/ask-raquel-why-did-he-cheat-on-me/

Ok, let's leave aside the fact that this is an AWFUL response, I have to highlight one line.

A relationship is about fulfilling the others’ desires and needs. 

Because, apparently, she's now endorsing polyamory.

Full-time writer?  WTF is she doing all day?  Where  are her published works (even in crappy, third rate markets)?  I say this with some familiarity with freelance writing markets - she seems to be either doing nothing OR a failure. 

She's working two jobs as a barista.  I wouldn't file her under full-time writer.  

My advice. Do not fall down the rabbit hole of "Brave." Not unless you have the money to fly to Oregon to slap Raquel. I found her article on the Supreme Court ruling that banning same sex marriage is unconstitutional. I now have a bruise on my forehead from facepalming. Let me count the ways:

1) She calls the Us the #1 Christian nation in the world.

2) She claims the Constitution is slowly dying, because apparently, the rights it gives are to revolt against the king.

3) She declares she doesn't hate homosexuals, because she has gay and bisexual friends

4) She uses the phrase "homosexual lifestyle"

Let's point out that Raquel would be considered by many people to be the child of an interracial marriage, since her father is from Peru. A lovely quote from Bob Jones University (in 1998!):  "Although there is no verse in the Bible that dogmatically says that races should not intermarry, the whole plan of God as He has dealt with the races down through the ages indicates that interracial marriage is not best for man." 

(Thanks to http://www.mediaite.com/online/bet-you-cant-tell-the-difference-between-these-actual-anti-interracial-and-anti-gay-marriage-quotes/ for the quote)

19 hours ago, Terrie said:

She's also not very good at taking her own advice when it is worth while. She talks about pursuing dreams, but the biggest step she's taken towards being a professional writer is awkward blogging and her biggest platform she helped found, well...

ETA:

http://bravemag.com/ask-raquel-why-did-he-cheat-on-me/

Ok, let's leave aside the fact that this is an AWFUL response, I have to highlight one line.

Because, apparently, she's now endorsing polyamory.

God damn let's blame the victim.  Sometimes people cheat because they are unhappy and unfulfilled, sometimes just because they can.  

3 hours ago, Terrie said:

My advice. Do not fall down the rabbit hole of "Brave." Not unless you have the money to fly to Oregon to slap Raquel. I found her article on the Supreme Court ruling that banning same sex marriage is unconstitutional. I now have a bruise on my forehead from facepalming. Let me count the ways:

1) She calls the Us the #1 Christian nation in the world.

2) She claims the Constitution is slowly dying, because apparently, the rights it gives are to revolt against the king.

3) She declares she doesn't hate homosexuals, because she has gay and bisexual friends

4) She uses the phrase "homosexual lifestyle"

Let's point out that Raquel would be considered by many people to be the child of an interracial marriage, since her father is from Peru. A lovely quote from Bob Jones University (in 1998!):  "Although there is no verse in the Bible that dogmatically says that races should not intermarry, the whole plan of God as He has dealt with the races down through the ages indicates that interracial marriage is not best for man." 

(Thanks to http://www.mediaite.com/online/bet-you-cant-tell-the-difference-between-these-actual-anti-interracial-and-anti-gay-marriage-quotes/ for the quote)

SOTDRT education at it's finest. Sometimes I think that the whole argument for homeschooling so you can teach them biblically would be better explained as "We homeschool so we can lie to our kids about everything". It's one reason I've avoided the homeschooling groups in town. We'd probably get banned anyway. 

On April 9, 2016 at 1:46 PM, nausicaa said:

As long as it's what she wants when she wants. Which is really the only consistent rule with Raquel.

Raquel is still a Calvinist right? My understanding is Calvinists can drink alcohol, though hard drinks and drunkenness tend to be frowned upon. The Botkins have even been photographed with glasses of wine!

Uh, hard liquor is a Calvinist's best friend 

I wish I could say because he’s just a jerk and a lowlife and doesn’t know the first thing about what relationships mean and how to maintain them.

Actually, that sounds like a pretty accurate explanation of why he cheated on you.

Where does call herself a full-time writer? Are we defining full-time as that's your main source of income? That sure ain't the case. 

I know I'm stating the obvious, but Raquel is one of those people who just can't seem to grasp the fact that writing is actual hard work. You can't just spit some words out, never evaluate them critically, and never bother to learn anything about the craft. It's not just a Raquel thing-- I have a friend I've known for a dozen years who only figured this out recently. She just could not grasp the difference between good writing and bad. She helped her parents edit and publish a book about her Grandfather in the local history, and all of a sudden she understood that it's a craft. I was delighted when I got a letter from her gushing about the technique of her current favorite writers and how skillfully they foreshadowed x,y, or z. I have no doubt it's because she spent all that time working on that doorstop of a history book. You know. Working at it.

I should stop myself from posting on FJ with suffering from insomnia. I ramble like a madwoman.

@Shoobydoo you make sense. 

I've been in a critique group with someone who seemed to think that just because she read "22 books on writing" and had allegedly written children's lit meant that she knew what she was doing writing a mystery. And went on to self-publish (a thought that scares the heck out of me).

Raquel has written more "poetry". Somebody needs to explain poetry to her! 

http://www.itsjustraquel.com/

Life will never be a smooth path of everything nice
But it will be an adventure
And every person you meet along the way adds a sense of wonder
Because everyone is different
Just like every character in a book is unique
But we're all a part of the same storyline...

I'm thankful to know - and believe - that death is just another chapter of my life so I'm not scared of dying.  But I'm terrified at the thought of not leaving this life well.  I want it to end beautifully.  I want to leave behind a legacy that will make people stare in awe and be able to say, "She lived and love well." 

She is leaving a legacy on the internet of being shallow and self-absorbed. There is still time for her to change that, but I am beginning to doubt she ever will. 

You guys do this to me.

I read here.

And I think 

And I look.

And often it is worse.

But ultimately, you are the protagonist to your story
And the antagonist in someone else's
And you're the person someone is crushing on
And you're the person someone looks up to -
Just like you look up to someone in your own life
And you're also a supporting character in a lot of people's stories
You could be the kind stranger who pays for a meal
Or a random person who smiles at someone in the store
You're that person in someone's book who can unintentionally change the whole mood of the story.

Raquel -I hate critiquing poetry.  Really.  But it is so danged tempting with you.

The above you start out with one set of images.  Then switch.  Do me a favor - start a new flipping stanza.  

Our stories are already written
They were handwritten by the same fingers that designed the galaxies
Every intricate letter, every period, every semicolon
Was etched by the sovereign hands of an Almighty God.

We do not share them same theology.  I'm deeply embedded in the free will camp.  You, from the above live in the 'everyting is predetermined camp.'  While I usually can tolerate this, I cannot here.  Stop telling me that everything that has gone wrong in my life including my mother's dementia is planned by God.  This is the crap that turns people off God.  Good job.  Because you're being that stumbling block Jesus warns about.  

Now if that doesn't make you excited for your storybook life
Then I don't know what will.

You call it storybook.  Which might remind me of Story Brooke on Once Upon A Time which reminds of Disney and Fairy Tales.  My life is not a fairy tale.  Unless you're talking about the dark side of them in their real origins.  

Why did she stop spacing things out?

I've been thinking a lot about life lately.  

And just how quickly time seems to be flying by.

Every day we spend dreaming

is a day we could be spending doing.  

Life can take some drastic turns.

Or suddenly end for some of us.

It's a really intense and terrifying thought, honestly.  

I'm thankful to know

- and believe -

that death is just another chapter of my life

so I'm not scared of dying.  

But I'm terrified at the thought of not leaving this life well.  

The bit about knowing that death is just another chapter strikes me as interesting as she adds the afterthought that it's really just a belief after all.

Do not be complacent.  This life is beautiful – single or committed, working a job or two jobs or being jobless, wanting to travel or traveling worldwide, having a career or going to school.  A relationship isn’t going to make everything wonderful and flowery.  In fact, it makes things more challenging.  Having a job will keep you extremely busy.  Traveling can be really sucky sometimes.  School can get overwhelming.

So take advantage of this time without those things to be content in Him. Take the time to figure out who you are as a person and what you’re looking for in life. Take the time to hone skills you have, try new things, explore new places, visit new countries, and follow your dreams.

Uh, it's a nice thought but I've never had much money to visit new countries at times without a job.

"Every intricate letter, every period, every semicolon
Was etched by the sovereign hands of an Almighty God."

Dear God, please make my monthly cycle a little more bearable. 

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Why did she stop spacing things out?

The bit about knowing that death is just another chapter strikes me as interesting as she adds the afterthought that it's really just a belief after all.

Uh, it's a nice thought but I've never had much money to visit new countries at times without a job.

This is full of contradictions "travel!" "Don't travel, just hang with God!" "Just kidding, visit new countries!" 

Fun fact: the lecturer I am listening to said "countries" as I was typing it. Spooky 

She wants to travel, except when she does not.

Death is okay, except when it is not.

Periods are not okay ever.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived