IGNORED

Josh hiding from the ebil media--part 15

Criscat

6 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I bet most of the family will be there. I wouldn't be surprised if Josh goes with the rest of the family just so he can be forced to attend all the classes in hopes that it will help reform him. 

Well we all know he can't stay at home by himself with the evil internet... unless GMM wants to babysit her grown ass sinning Grandchild... 

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, CoveredInBees said:

I'm starting to wonder if the press have no appetite for photos of him. There's been a couple of grocery store sightings (if they're true), if that's the case then it's possible that either 1) There isn't a bank of paparazzi sitting outside the TTH or 2) The press have been offered photos but don't want to publish/pay for them.

Or Josh is a cowardy custard and still hiding :562479514c500_32(1):

I doubt any media outlet would be willing to send paps to the various Duggar houses Josh could be hiding in (I personally doubt that he is staying at the TTH). The benefit/cost ratio is simply not favorable.

I'm positive that some gossip mag would be willing to pay for pics taken by some bystanders (not enormous sums of course, but for most people, getting a few hundred or even 1000-2000 dollars is already a lot of money), but it's not that simple for amateurs to take a decent quality pic of someone without them noticing, and I'm pretty sure Josh isn't out and about that often these days.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a photo released yet. With so many people having access to smartphones and the Internet nowadays, I thought someone would've tipped off the tabloids for some coin.

9 hours ago, CorruptionInc. said:

Well we all know he can't stay at home by himself with the evil internet... unless GMM wants to babysit her grown ass sinning Grandchild... 

That's a good mental picture, GMM babysitting a late 20s Josh and trying to keep him occupied and off the internet with various cuddly toys.

I think we are overestimating the interest in Josh. We at FJ are interested for our own snark purposes. The reality is that most people don't care about Josh and he isn't one their radar. The same for the Duggars in general. People magazine publishes so many Duggar articles because of its deal with TLC, the same reason they published so many Kate Gosselin's articles. Otherwise, the we wouldn't hear about them unless there is a huge scandal. If the Dutchess of Cambridge doesn't really sell magazines here, how will the Duggars? 

Realistically, the Duggars aren't that popular in the grand scheme of celebrity. Paps aren't going to spend their time in Arkansas in hopes of a picture that may gain them $500 when they can be trolling Los Angeles or New York for a $5,000 picture of a real celebrity. I say this as someone who live in Southern California and knows where they hang out. They aren't going for mediocre celebs. They go after the ones that sell. Josh is not a hot ticket. 

19 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Organization? WTH does that mean?

Sounds like something devised to get money while simultaneously avoiding paying taxes.

The Duggars don't pay much in taxes because they are a Church. 

19 hours ago, Funwithfundies said:

I hope he's being given a good quality vitamin D supplement wherever they're hiding him - nothing worse than a dough boy with rickets.

rickets.....that made me spit coffee!:my_biggrin:

9 minutes ago, devoe364 said:

The Duggars don't pay much in taxes because they are a Church. 

No. They are not registered as a church. This has been debunked several times, and the documentation cited.

4 minutes ago, sawasdee said:

No. They are not registered as a church. This has been debunked several times, and the documentation cited.

Interesting. I was under the impression that they were, in part because they hold services at their house and are not affiliated with a particular Church.

I suppose my reason for this belief is because Hutterite Colonies and our special Mormon friends in Bountiful, BC don't pay many taxes as a result of their status as religious organizations. 

6 minutes ago, sawasdee said:

You beat me to it. Thank you @sawasdee

3 minutes ago, devoe364 said:

I will note - I have never seen any of this documentation. 

I don't know how to find it, but it shows the tax records of the properties owned by JB, and none of them has a religious exemption.

Patheos has noted that they can't find a credible source for a Duggar church tax exempt status. 

Somewhat OT but where do the Duggars go to church? Their original home church seems to have folded. The Dullards seem to go to Cross Church when they're in the area but what about those at the TTH? Maybe they home church with just the family now to avoid the public?

3 hours ago, socalrules said:

I think we are overestimating the interest in Josh. We at FJ are interested for our own snark purposes. The reality is that most people don't care about Josh and he isn't one their radar. The same for the Duggars in general. People magazine publishes so many Duggar articles because of its deal with TLC, the same reason they published so many Kate Gosselin's articles. Otherwise, the we wouldn't hear about them unless there is a huge scandal. If the Dutchess of Cambridge doesn't really sell magazines here, how will the Duggars? 

Realistically, the Duggars aren't that popular in the grand scheme of celebrity. Paps aren't going to spend their time in Arkansas in hopes of a picture that may gain them $500 when they can be trolling Los Angeles or New York for a $5,000 picture of a real celebrity. I say this as someone who live in Southern California and knows where they hang out. They aren't going for mediocre celebs. They go after the ones that sell. Josh is not a hot ticket. 

I don't think we are necessarily expecting a pap pic of Joshy but even a candid fan pic from a store and tagging him on Instagram. That level of photo would do just fine for the group here. In the mean time he's lochness monster level of mythology at this point. 

Duggar's have to go to Big Sandy to find helpmates for all those adult children that have failed to launch.

3 hours ago, socalrules said:

People magazine publishes so many Duggar articles because of its deal with TLC, the same reason they published so many Kate Gosselin's articles.

Please elaborate.  I've always suspected a promotional link, but never knew of anything concrete.

Totally OT, but I've never heard "pap" used like this. It's going to take some work to adjust the association in my brain :pb_lol:

Much as I hate to say anything positive about Josh, I really think his staying out of the public eye is what's best for everyone.

I just hope he's using this time to take some accountability, make positive changes in his life, and recommit to doing right by his family.

Did anyone besides myself think that the post about seeing Josh, Anna, etc in the furniture store didn't make sense?  I read it that David Waller was spotted, not Josh, but then the rest of the post didn't add up.  It seemed confusing but people were saying Josh was spotted.  I couldn't figure it out.

17 hours ago, Bushes of Love said:

That's a good mental picture, GMM babysitting a late 20s Josh and trying to keep him occupied and off the internet with various cuddly toys.

And bubble baths

11 hours ago, devoe364 said:

I suppose my reason for this belief is because Hutterite Colonies and our special Mormon friends in Bountiful, BC don't pay many taxes as a result of their status as religious organizations. 

Our local Hutterite colony receives LOTS of Federal subsidies for crops.  (Over $500k last time I checked - and that was just for corn, I didn't look at the other options...)    And pay little to no taxes (up to the individual) - and they decline to participate in jury duty.  Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

2 hours ago, Carol said:

Did anyone besides myself think that the post about seeing Josh, Anna, etc in the furniture store didn't make sense?  I read it that David Waller was spotted, not Josh, but then the rest of the post didn't add up.  It seemed confusing but people were saying Josh was spotted.  I couldn't figure it out.

I thought the Inquistr article was clear that there were two couples..

A Previously.TV forum poster going by the screen name MrsJumbo reports that she saw Josh and Anna Duggar passing their baby daughter, Meredith, back and forth while they chatted with another couple at the Springdale, Arkansas furniture store. They were reportedly there with Anna’s sister Priscilla and her husband, David Waller, who were likely in town for the Easter holiday.
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2938584/josh-duggar-spotted-out-with-his-wife-were-they-spending-annas-tlc-paycheck/#akJOD91hyDwuQGTv.99

Is this not what the Previously TV post actually said?

I founds he Inquistr report believable.  If Priscilla and David were visiting for Easter, they could very well have suggested going to the furniture store.  The Aldi sighting, on the other hand, didn't sound right.

I'm not certain this is the same article I read as I read it several times and it didn't make sense.  Now I can't find it.  I have a hard time believing the person who saw them didn't take a single photo.  Or, that he appeared in public once and hasn't been seen since.  It's possible, though.       

I agree about the Aldi sighting.

10 hours ago, Carol said:

I'm not certain this is the same article I read as I read it several times and it didn't make sense.  Now I can't find it.  I have a hard time believing the person who saw them didn't take a single photo.  Or, that he appeared in public once and hasn't been seen since.  It's possible, though.       

I agree about the Aldi sighting.

When I see F-list celebrities out and about in Toronto, I've never even had the thought of photographing them.  I'd feel rude and intrusive to interrupt a stranger, but that's just me.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived