IGNORED

Jill, Derick and Israel- Part 15

samurai_sarah

On 06/04/2016 at 8:38 AM, Ungodly Grandma said:

No like her mother her labor/s are her glory days. A child's birthday is to honor the mother and give her attention, right?

Since they need story lines, they should cast a gang member as their housekeeper's boyfriend. They can pretend Izzy was kidnapped, etc. Nice and soapy, much more fun than watching them go shopping.

My mum still reminds me in detail every birthday and I'm 25 lol. Her opinion is actually that the birthday should be about the mum and not the child since they gave birth... we're Catholics but nothing crazy strict lol 

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I know people may have already covered it, but Jill's question to "the moms out there" about picking up toys: she could just do what her mom did and pop out a bunch of daughters to clean everything up and raise her other children for her.

I think, like some other FJers, that Jill was just bored and posted whatever she was thinking at the time.

Derick's post on the draft of his sermon about love bothered me...

If I'm understanding your post correctly, love is not an emotion that can be trusted. It has to be justified with footnotes from the KJ bible to mean anything. 

Dereck, darling, most of the (non-fundie) people on the planet earth have a pretty good idea about what 'true love' is. ;) 

Please consider using your writing talent (?) for something that is actually useful.  ;)

I just watched "First Look - Israel meets Spurgeon" and must say I really like the way the Jill & Derrick interact. They are snuggly & touchy-feely and pay attention when the other speaks. And Jill's voice is much less babyish. I think being away from home is good for them and for their marriage. She's still pretty clingy and being in a foreign environment sure doesn't help that since Derrick is the only person that she really knows, but they do seem to be adjusting.

Why do I have a feeling Israel doesn't like the pen "Jill gets him to do things with" because she smacks him with it if he doesn't obey?

4 hours ago, Purrl said:

I just watched "First Look - Israel meets Spurgeon" and must say I really like the way the Jill & Derrick interact. They are snuggly & touchy-feely and pay attention when the other speaks. And Jill's voice is much less babyish. I think being away from home is good for them and for their marriage. She's still pretty clingy and being in a foreign environment sure doesn't help that since Derrick is the only person that she really knows, but they do seem to be adjusting.

Link to this?

Also, I just saw the pic of them in Us Weekly. The hippie look really suits Jill, Derick still looks like the "It's..." guy from the beginning of Monty Python's Flying Circus, and Israel looks like he's about to say "you're tacky and I hate you".

I did watch Counting On last week with my daughter and I had this though a few days later.  

So, Jana says they are taking 22 bags to go see Jill and Derick (not sure how many family members went) and they are bringing things requested to Jill/Derrick/Izzy.  One of the 22 suitcases/bags had two LED lamps in it.  So here's my question, what do they do with the empty bags coming home?  Do they bring the bags back?  Leave them with Jill for when she gets tired of playing missionary?  Fill them with souvenirs?  

I know not serious, but been driving a lot of routes lately that have me going 30 minutes to pick up a kid, drop them off (school or home) and 30 minutes back to the terminal in an empty bus with no radio.  The brain wanders.  

Well, at least I can thank the writer for that laugh. Way to fail.

Seriously. I thought accelerated growth was the stuff of science fiction novels.

Kill needs to go immediately to the nearest scientist and explain how she did it.

That one pic on Pickles with Jill, Derrick and Izzy where the adults are wearing white...anyone gets the preggers vibe off Jill?? She's straining the top of that shirt and its awfully baggy the rest of the way down.  I hope not because of Zika!!

14 hours ago, Jucifer said:

I think, like some other FJers, that Jill was just bored and posted whatever she was thinking at the time.

Derick's post on the draft of his sermon about love bothered me...

If I'm understanding your post correctly, love is not an emotion that can be trusted. It has to be justified with footnotes from the KJ bible to mean anything. 

Dereck, darling, most of the (non-fundie) people on the planet earth have a pretty good idea about what 'true love' is. ;) 

Please consider using your writing talent (?) for something that is actually useful.  ;)

Derick's sermon on love seemed boilerplate to me.  It was written in standard Christianese with no original insight or perspective.   In any event, I'd rather see a sermon about unconditional love than hear one.

So, Derick's basic credentials for writing and preaching are his zeal I take it. I can't remember reading of any minister-like education he went to, but I could be wrong. Between the sermon on love and the hair it is really......something or other. Or other. 

2 hours ago, busdrivingmom said:

I did watch Counting On last week with my daughter and I had this though a few days later.  

So, Jana says they are taking 22 bags to go see Jill and Derick (not sure how many family members went) and they are bringing things requested to Jill/Derrick/Izzy.  One of the 22 suitcases/bags had two LED lamps in it.  So here's my question, what do they do with the empty bags coming home?  Do they bring the bags back?  Leave them with Jill for when she gets tired of playing missionary?  Fill them with souvenirs?  

I know not serious, but been driving a lot of routes lately that have me going 30 minutes to pick up a kid, drop them off (school or home) and 30 minutes back to the terminal in an empty bus with no radio.  The brain wanders.  

I would assume they'd leave them with Jill since the Dillards aren't staying long and will need to pack everything back up.

If the stuff isn't intended to ever return (for example, you're bringing a large amount of donations or gifts somewhere) but you want to keep the luggage itself for future trips, you can make sure the suitcases are different sizes and as many bags as possible are of the duffle variety, then pack the empty luggage pieces inside the larger luggage pieces for the return trip. You can cut down your total number of luggage pieces significantly that way if you don't need to bring much back.

That's what I've done when traveling, anyway.

4 hours ago, busdrivingmom said:

Our daughter lives in South America and we often bring extra bags (Or boxes),and then carry the empty bags home. One time my husband was stopped and questioned by Customs in Miami as to why he had empty suitcases and what was he bringing out of the country.

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

I would assume they'd leave them with Jill since the Dillards aren't staying long and will need to pack everything back up.

If the stuff isn't intended to ever return (for example, you're bringing a large amount of donations or gifts somewhere) but you want to keep the luggage itself for future trips, you can make sure the suitcases are different sizes and as many bags as possible are of the duffle variety, then pack the empty luggage pieces inside the larger luggage pieces for the return trip. You can cut down your total number of luggage pieces significantly that way if you don't need to bring much back.

We have found that packing boxes (20X20X20) work much better. Suitcases are inflexible.

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

I've done similar things, only opposite. 

I lived in Japan for four years so everytime I would come to the states my husband and I would stock up on everything pretty much. We each would pack one suitcase and then pack a duffle inside our suitcase. So we could pull it out and use it to bring stuff back to Japan with us. 

Embarrassingly enough, when I came back from Scotland, I had to buy a suitcase to bring all my stuff back.

I always need an extra bag when I go to England. Gotta make room for the Marmite.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with all my crap when I leave the UK and move back to the US/possibly China depending on the will of the job gods. I already have two check suitcases plus a backpacking backpack, but I anticipate that I'll still have too much stuff. I might end up selling or giving away what I can bear to part with. After making two major international moves in the past couple of years, I'm used to living minimalistically and begging my parents not to throw away whatever I left with them. I have no idea how I'm going to manage this logistical situation when I have actual furniture to deal with.

While waiting for Call the Midwife come on, I caught a story on Global Health Frontiers about the efforts of Pronto International to improve maternal health in Guatemala.  They showed some teaching sessions where nurses were learning about obstetrical complications and how to manage them. Then they showed the birth of twins to an indigenous mother.  She'd run into trouble while in labor and was transferred from home to a health clinic.  The twins were unanticipated.  The nurse-midwife who was narrating the piece reminded me of Betty Aberlin from Mister Rogers.  Jill Dilliard cannot begin to compare in her knowledge with these wonderful women and men.

On 17/04/2016 at 6:09 AM, nst said:

I can see dear on the sunshine coast. :D

And bears in the middle Coquitlam :pb_lol:(and whistler back country lol). We ain't got shit here South of the Fraser except squirrels lol

4 hours ago, Alachantal said:

And bears in the middle Coquitlam :pb_lol:(and whistler back country lol). We ain't got shit here South of the Fraser except squirrels lol

I only have suburban wildlife - deer, squirrels, pigeons, raccoons, mice, chipmunks, Canadian geese, and feral housecats. I don't really consider them actually "wild"life, they're so tame from feeding.  Most all eating out of everyone's garbage cans or people feeding them. I saw a guy feeding a deer a loaf of bread.  A neighbor trapped a raccoon in the attic and felt sorry for it so fed it hot dogs until it got taken away.  My kid was feeding the geese cheerios.  None of them could actually survive in the wild anymore. :)

On 4/30/2016 at 6:33 PM, busdrivingmom said:

Probably bring them back half full of souvenirs and other stuff. That's what my family always does when we travel to the Caribbean to see family.

So I am mostly a lurker...but hey. If I need to fix the image please tell me how!

I was watching Counting On the other night and was thinking that Derrick's beard and offset jaw look seemed incredibly familiar.

Found the guy!

Murray the mascot for Murray's discount auto parts!

free-vector-murrays-discount-auto-stores

On April 30, 2016 at 11:04 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

Derick still looks like the "It's..." guy from the beginning of Monty Python's Flying Circus,

Oh god, this is spot on, so very spot on! Now I'll never be able to un-see this!! TLC should play The Liberty Bell now every time Derick appears on screen like this. At least, that's what will be playing in my head every time I see him...

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived