IGNORED

Jill, Derick and Israel- Part 15

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, 19Kittens said:

I would definitely never take on a patient like Jill, she just screams "reckless for Jesus" ugh. 

Hahaha! I love that. Though, sadly I think that is more than true. Jill and the Duggar's in general seem to make some seriously questionable health choices. 

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And give midwifery as a whole a bad name. When I tell people I'm in school to be a Certified Midwife i've gotten a few eye rolls & a few "Oh, Like Jill Duggar!!" responses and I just say "No. Not like Jill Duggar. " lol 

5 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Jill did not use Vanessa for the first birth.  Vanessa criticized Jill on her FB page, A Butterfly Midwifery. I don't know that Jill would have had anyone other than her friend there if things went more smoothly.  If she is pregnant then for the sake of her baby and herself  I hope she takes more precautions this time.  

Oops, for some reason I thought Vanessa was there. I need to keep better track of fundy births. 

5 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

You'd think they'd take some advice from their sensible friends, the Bates. Nice, clean hospital room, monitors, safe delivery.  She could even have an epidural & SURPRISE! No agonizing pain. No transfusions. No perineal rips. Erin begged for her epidural tho, & they put her off until they said, "It's too late, now. " And she asked while she was being admitted.

Derrick. He is beyond thin. I remember counting in my head when they left that they would be back about mid-June. Derrick needs to get home so they can fix whatever the hell is wrong w/him. No way would I endanger my baby with those big spiders. That would have been my plane ticket out of there.

Erin's labor progressed way too fast for an epidural to be performed. It was discussed in a Bates thread and mentioned on the show as well. I think her labor took maybe 2 hours max if I remember correctly.  It doesn't matter if she asked when she first got there - things happened too fast for her to have one done by the time she got to an actual hospital room. 

15 minutes ago, socalrules said:

Oops, for some reason I thought Vanessa was there. I need to keep better track of fundy births

There are way too many of those and you're only human. :)

I know someone posted up thread about this, but I also think Jill is already pregnant and hiding it for some reason. 

1 hour ago, downtherabbithole said:

I know someone posted up thread about this, but I also think Jill is already pregnant and hiding it for some reason. 

Her pregnancy with Izzy dragged on forever so hopefully she won't announce until she's half way through!

5 hours ago, Apricot said:

Her pregnancy with Izzy dragged on forever so hopefully she won't announce until she's half way through!

I know. Jessa's seemed to take a year and a half.  The shorter the better, I say.

They announce when it is the most strategic moment to do so. Before the scandals they could announce immediately bc it helped their extremely fertile and pro-life image and their popularity meant they didn't have to worry about angling things around renewals. Nowadays they have to save the announcement for the season finale to up their chances of another season, 

Life changing? Whose life? Not the audience's, I'm sure. Now if Jill were pregnant and affected with the Zika virus, and had to decide whether to carry or abort, that would be life changing. Not that I would wish that tragedy on anyone. Maybe they've decided to stay in CA and not come back to Tontitown.

7 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Life changing? Whose life? Not the audience's, I'm sure. Now if Jill were pregnant and affected with the Zika virus, and had to decide whether to carry or abort, that would be life changing. Not that I would wish that tragedy on anyone. Maybe they've decided to stay in CA and not come back to Tontitown.

Oh god, I can totally imagine them making their Zika worry a storyline. Not that they would abort but they would absolutely milk that worry for all its worth. 

1 hour ago, Apricot said:

Oh god, I can totally imagine them making their Zika worry a storyline. Not that they would abort but they would absolutely milk that worry for all its worth. 

I always find it interesting to observe anti-choicers when they're faced with an unwanted-in-some-way pregnancy. Like, what would happen if Jill wound up with a microcephalic fetus? Would she carry it to term, have a conveniently tragic late-term miscarriage, or what? The easiest sacrifices are the ones you make for others, not yourself, after all, and actions don't always align with beliefs when push comes to shove. I have an awful lot of friends who claimed they'd never have an abortion, but couldn't get to the local clinic fast enough when they got pregnant in various undesirable situations. 

I also wonder how their religion views birth defects. I've encountered various fundie individuals who believed that if you're Right with the LordTM, things like that won't happen. Is that a thing with Gothardism? What would be the social implications of winding up with a baby with congenital disabilities?

8 hours ago, Apricot said:

Did you notice on the most recent show when the unmarrieds were packing for the trip to CA one of the boys (I think) actually mentioned Zika? Maybe they are leading up to something. 

Or maybe, since a normal pregnancy would hardly be "life changing", Jill is pregnant with twins.... 

I don't think Jill would ever have an abortion, if not out of personal belief, then because of the fact that the public outrage of the remaining leghumpers would make Joshgate 1. and 2. seem like a walk in the park

Also, if they were ever faced with such a tragic situation, their leghumper would shower them with donations, so they wouldn't have to worry about financial problems at all.

The case were I could see a Duggar agreeing to abortion is when they would have to save their own skin, like if Joshley would have gotten one of his affairs pregnant, I do wonder if he would have been so pro-life like he always claimed to be...

9 hours ago, JesusCampSongs said:

I always find it interesting to observe anti-choicers when they're faced with an unwanted-in-some-way pregnancy. Like, what would happen if Jill wound up with a microcephalic fetus? Would she carry it to term, have a conveniently tragic late-term miscarriage, or what? The easiest sacrifices are the ones you make for others, not yourself, after all, and actions don't always align with beliefs when push comes to shove. I have an awful lot of friends who claimed they'd never have an abortion, but couldn't get to the local clinic fast enough when they got pregnant in various undesirable situations. 

I also wonder how their religion views birth defects. I've encountered various fundie individuals who believed that if you're Right with the LordTM, things like that won't happen. Is that a thing with Gothardism? What would be the social implications of winding up with a baby with congenital disabilities?

I've seen some blogs of fundie families who have children with severe birth defects or special needs. There's a lot of smug back-patting, "look how godly and pro-life we are for not aborting this magical precious miracle that pro-choice parents would probably leave on a hillside to die"/"those meanie bad doctors told us that our baby would very likely not live very long and that termination was an option in cases like these, they're just bad and mean baby killers" and I think the general interpretation of having a severely disabled or ill child is that it's God's will. The blogs I've seen do indicate that these children are loved and cared for (which is the most important thing to me), but I do think that some of the parents (and I've seen this with secular families as well) kind of milk it for their own narcissistic/religious agendas.

I really don't know how the DillDuggs would deal with a microcephalic baby. They'd probably chalk it up to God's will, go on a Yay For Us We Didn't Abort speaking tour, and then try to pop out some girls to raise the disabled child for them.

On 4/27/2016 at 2:55 PM, socalrules said:

I have no doubt that Jill will try a home birth again with a non-nurse midwife. She is going to do what she has to go have the perfect fundy birth at all costs. I highly doubt Jill is going suddenly start going to an OBGYN. I wouldn't be surprised if she still used Vanessa even thought her pathetic license was revoked in Arkansas. Jessa has already upped the ante by having her baby at home before going to the hospital. Logic and common sense is not a Duggar trait. 

Competitive childbirth.

3 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I've seen some blogs of fundie families who have children with severe birth defects or special needs. There's a lot of smug back-patting, "look how godly and pro-life we are for not aborting this magical precious miracle that pro-choice parents would probably leave on a hillside to die"/"those meanie bad doctors told us that our baby would very likely not live very long and that termination was an option in cases like these, they're just bad and mean baby killers" and I think the general interpretation of having a severely disabled or ill child is that it's God's will. The blogs I've seen do indicate that these children are loved and cared for (which is the most important thing to me), but I do think that some of the parents (and I've seen this with secular families as well) kind of milk it for their own narcissistic/religious agendas.

I really don't know how the DillDuggs would deal with a microcephalic baby. They'd probably chalk it up to God's will, go on a Yay For Us We Didn't Abort speaking tour, and then try to pop out some girls to raise the disabled child for them.

The fundies will use anything to booster their claim that they are the bestest, holiest, Jesus' favorites.

Special needs or severe condition? Continue with the pregnancy, have the child and then ignore it, like they do with all the other blessings.

No miracle blessing is that special that a fundie couple would go the extra mile.

Nope, it would be business as usual. And counting...

6 hours ago, Sundaymorning said:

The case were I could see a Duggar agreeing to abortion is when they would have to save their own skin, like if Joshley would have gotten one of his affairs pregnant, I do wonder if he would have been so pro-life like he always claimed to be...

So curious what they would have done if Michelle had gotten sick while pregnant with Josie a few weeks earlier. They delivered her at 25 weeks, a few weeks earlier and they deliver and she doesn't even have a chance at survival. Thing is, while that IS a late term abortion (if she delivered at 20 weeks or whatever to save Michelle's life), they would never call it that. 

My guess is they would do it, but say that she had to be born and sadly did not make it. Nothing more. Funny how in their pro-life world view they cannot see that situations like that are abortions too.

I am as pro-choice as they come and I do not know if I could abort my baby, regardless of the circumstances. I think it is one of the hardest decisions a person could make and I don't think it says anything about the person whether they decide to abort or go forward with the pregnancy. The Duggars may be anti-abortion but I support their right to not have one, since that is what being pro-choice is all about. I wouldn't be happy if Jill decided to abort a baby with Zika, nor would I be sad if she decided to carry to term. I can't snark on the choice she would make even though she is against a woman having that choice. 

6 minutes ago, HighlandCow said:

Masterful journalism

Jill Duggar told Us Weekly that her son with Derick Dillard is already having an attitude now that he is already 12-years old. "He has started developing a little more of an attitude recently to try to tell us when he doesn't like certain things," the sister of Josh Duggar said. "For the most part, as long as he is entertained, he stays happy."

They "revealed" that she's pregnant based on that stupid "twin" instagram post?  Wow.  They're as reliable as the specularium thread!

7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Jill Duggar told Us Weekly that her son with Derick Dillard is already having an attitude now that he is already 12-years old.

Well, at least I can thank the writer for that laugh. Way to fail.

I don't even know how this is a conversation whether she would abort a fetus with Zika. Of course she wouldn't. Children are a gift from god and all that mishegos.  Jilly Muffin would sooner die in childbirth than abort.

3 hours ago, socalrules said:

I am as pro-choice as they come and I do not know if I could abort my baby, regardless of the circumstances. I think it is one of the hardest decisions a person could make and I don't think it says anything about the person whether they decide to abort or go forward with the pregnancy. The Duggars may be anti-abortion but I support their right to not have one, since that is what being pro-choice is all about. I wouldn't be happy if Jill decided to abort a baby with Zika, nor would I be sad if she decided to carry to term. I can't snark on the choice she would make even though she is against a woman having that choice. 

This isn't an attack on your statement in particular, but I can't stand it when people use the phrase of "abort a baby". You don't abort a baby, you abort a fetus, a zygote, a cluster of cells. Calling a fetus a "baby" is anti-choice rhetoric meant to shame women who have had abortions and to equate the status of a fetus with an living, breathing human being.

8 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

@artdecades I swear i've tried, but i just can't take you seriously. I read everything you write with Princess Carolyn's voice. It's hilarious and confusing :pb_lol:

There is only one thing I have to say to that

Spoiler

tumblr_nrwx9218hc1qbtag1o1_250.gif

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived