IGNORED

Jill, Derick and Israel- Part 15

samurai_sarah

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dog food topic: While my Dad sat outside on the balcony at my Grandparents I pretended to chew something and gave him a sausage (dog food) that looked like a real one you can buy here. He eats everything, so it was quite easy to do. He took a huge bite and liked it. My Mum and me still mock him with that. 

And I also let him try from my vegetarian schnitzel once. (I'm not vegetarian, but I like to eat those because you don't have to watch out for fat or other untasty things) He ate it and was convinced that it was real meat. 

So much for his taste. Needless to say that I don't give much on his opinion when it comes to food. If he likes something, that means absolutely nothing.

As for baby proofing: We recently found a plug socket with this baby proof thing in it. I'm 25, so we were all a bit surprised that we didn't notice that one earlier. 

I'm really clumsy, but I have never *knocks on wood* broken anything or required stitches. I do have a Harry Potter like scar on my forehead from running into the door frame and the obligatory scars on my knees from falling. 

I know the "to fan or not to fan" thing has been done to death, but I'm going to add my points anyway. Allowing a child to put his mouth near an electric cord is dangerous. If the rubber coating on the cord is old or cracked, it can harm him. Furthermore,, that type of fan isn't necessarily stable. It's made, IIRC, so that it can be raised or lowered, and if it were to be raised more, and Izzy started to rock and roll a bit, it might go over and into something dangerous. The wise thing to do would be to re-direct him away from the fan. Of course, most of us know that. Perhaps, after she got her shot, Jill even did that. It would take perseverance to keep him from it, though...

Derick's last blog post was February 11th, nearly two months ago. It was such a gem, I've been eagerly awaiting the next one. I wonder if he'll be in such a notable mood next time.

I forgot that izzy and my hubs shared a birthday. 

As as far as baby proofing goes, I really prefer myself baby proofing as much as I can. It's too much of a pita to constantly be worrying about my 10m old trying to kill himself. His big brother was never this much trouble and he was my high needs SPD baby! Lol

7 minutes ago, nst said:

since his son turns 1 tomorrow - i expect tomorrow will be a doozy

Pregnancy announcement.  Jill MUST steal thunder, even from her own child

Can't wait for the Izzy birthday blog post!

saw parts of the episode with Izzy in the danger zone (Cintral Amurica).  The fan bothered me and I hope that after Jill filmed it, she walked him away from it.  She seems to be interested in getting shots of Izzy doing something other than being toted in a baby sling.

I do take back my previous snarking about the rest of her shoot with him.  Her voice over as he was pulling out the diapers seemed to me on second viewing to be a pretty normal response to watching him do that--she wasn't shaming him or chastising, it appeared to me to be a normal mom voice talking to a baby.  The same was true when she filmed him pulling up.  Someone posted that she rewarded his pulling up with food.  She made the comment "now you get milk".  I think it's a leap to assume she was rewarding him.  He was climbing up (to instigate nursing?).  I think she's talking to him as he does things--narrating for the filming and narrating for him.  I'm actually pleased that she's talking to him.  Kids learn language by having their lives narrated in such a way.  Finally, the pickle tasting--another stupid Duggar moment, but for Jill-it's a sentimental Duggar rite of passage.  Would I make a big deal about feeding my 9 mo old a pickle?  nope, but then it's not the thing that my family talks about as "our thing".  I think of this as her "first day of school" photo op.

mostly, I was glad to see that DQ really hugged Jill when she saw her--a real, full-on hug.  I was also REALLY PLEASED that Boob and DQ didn't speak!  Theories as to how/why TLC has managed to shut them out of this series?

7 hours ago, Mothership said:

Can't wait for the Izzy birthday blog post!

saw parts of the episode with Izzy in the danger zone (Cintral Amurica).  The fan bothered me and I hope that after Jill filmed it, she walked him away from it.  She seems to be interested in getting shots of Izzy doing something other than being toted in a baby sling.

I do take back my previous snarking about the rest of her shoot with him.  Her voice over as he was pulling out the diapers seemed to me on second viewing to be a pretty normal response to watching him do that--she wasn't shaming him or chastising, it appeared to me to be a normal mom voice talking to a baby.  The same was true when she filmed him pulling up.  Someone posted that she rewarded his pulling up with food.  She made the comment "now you get milk".  I think it's a leap to assume she was rewarding him.  He was climbing up (to instigate nursing?).  I think she's talking to him as he does things--narrating for the filming and narrating for him.  I'm actually pleased that she's talking to him.  Kids learn language by having their lives narrated in such a way.  Finally, the pickle tasting--another stupid Duggar moment, but for Jill-it's a sentimental Duggar rite of passage.  Would I make a big deal about feeding my 9 mo old a pickle?  nope, but then it's not the thing that my family talks about as "our thing".  I think of this as her "first day of school" photo op.

mostly, I was glad to see that DQ really hugged Jill when she saw her--a real, full-on hug.  I was also REALLY PLEASED that Boob and DQ didn't speak!  Theories as to how/why TLC has managed to shut them out of this series?

Maybe they let JB and M talk away, then edit it all out. I like that idea, although the thought of the director or someone telling JB and M to stay quiet and in the background might be even better.

I hope this will end the talk of Jill being "detached" from Izzy. She seems pretty wrapped up in him, actually. Reading to him, hugging, they seem just fine.

Live from  DangerousDowntownCentralAmerica, like, um, it's, like, um, a video birthday message for Izzy: http://dillardfamily.com/blog.

The child is nowhere to be seen in the video. Must have been carried away by a cougar in the night. Or he's busy opening an account at the Citibank visible behind Derick.

5 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Live from  DangerousDowntownCentralAmerica, like, um, it's, like, um, a video birthday message for Izzy: http://dillardfamily.com/blog.

The child is nowhere to be seen in the video. Must have been carried away by a cougar in the night. Or he's busy opening an account at the Citibank visible behind Derick.

This made me ROFL 

this was done for the humpers - We know Jill you had a long labor - no need to remind the poor boy 

but where is Derick's long missionary tale of Iddy - I wanted that :D

Just now, nst said:

This made me ROFL 

this was done for the humpers - We know Jill you had a long labor - no need to remind the poor boy 

Maybe she plans to hold that against Izzy for the rest of his life!

Izzy has the same birthday as my grandson. Josh has the same birthday as me. My nickname was Izzie growing up. Too many Duggar coincidences. :obscene-smokingjoint:

Just now, HereticHick said:

I think she already does 

but has the need to say it publicly is calling herself out 

WHY, WHY, WHY do they need to post it online for everyone to see?? Where's the "hands in the cake" photo? 

Of course, they had to get the "godly" references in... and Jill had to steal thunder from the birthday by saying about the labor.... poor Izzy. Is nothing to be his own?

And.. Derick looks even less symmetrical than before..

1 minute ago, Four is Enough said:

WHY, WHY, WHY do they need to post it online for everyone to see?? Where's the "hands in the cake" photo? 

Of course, they had to get the "godly" references in... and Jill had to steal thunder from the birthday by saying about the labor.... poor Izzy. Is nothing to be his own?

And.. Derick looks even less symmetrical than before..

they don't do hands in cake photos for birthdays 

they do hand out bibles with a card photo birthday sessions 

So where was Izzy? Wonder if there's Duggar visitors JSlaves in dangerous Central America for Izzy's first B-day? Or maybe GM Cathy?

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

So where was Izzy? Wonder if there's Duggar visitors JSlaves in dangerous Central America for Izzy's first B-day? Or maybe GM Cathy?

Or they left him with the housekeeper while they went into town.

3 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

right because a man who works 2 days a week can't clean his own house :D

28 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

No like her mother her labor/s are her glory days. A child's birthday is to honor the mother and give her attention, right?

4 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Since they need story lines, they should cast a gang member as their housekeeper's boyfriend. They can pretend Izzy was kidnapped, etc. Nice and soapy, much more fun than watching them go shopping.

57 minutes ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

No like her mother her labor/s are her glory days. A child's birthday is to honor the mother and give her attention, right?

Since they need story lines, they should cast a gang member as their housekeeper's boyfriend. They can pretend Izzy was kidnapped, etc. Nice and soapy, much more fun than watching them go shopping.

Ooo! A telenovela about the Duggars!  "El puma comió a mi bebé!"  I would watch the hell out of that.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived