IGNORED

Sweet Valley High

roddma

I don't recall reading any of these as a teen , but there's was a reboot a few years ago to modernize it like adding cell phones, etc. However, the twins have dropped from size 6 to size 4. Ugh From what i have read in reviews , the whole series is unrealistic. I think Sweet Valley Twins is more realistic, and that's still an understatement

• 1 month later...

When I was young I stumbled on this series, and I read every book printed. When they started the Sweet Valley University spin off books, I read those as they were published too I was in 6th grade when those came out.

Even at 11 I thought a size 6 was ridiculously small for a high school age girl, who was 5'7".

I noticed the reboots at the book store a while back, and made a face. I figured they'd "updated" it the same way they "updated" the Betty and Veronica comics, recycling the artwork and storylines, but re-writing dialogue to more modern colloquialism's.

In the Sweet Valley Twins series, there was a no so slender girl. In one book snobby Bruce Patnam challanged her to a race. On one front cover, she didn't look overweight to me.

Archived