IGNORED

Fans Who Send the Duggars Gifts or Make Personal Requests

roddma

I don't get the mentality of some Duggar fans. I read posts where fans have sent the DUggars a gifts or asks a personal favor. One mentioned sending Spurge a crochet blanket and she was delighted to see them use it,.When Josie was born, a fan was irate because they turned down her gift. I saw a request a couple of days ago asking the Duggars for used wedding decorations.

I saw a request asking the DUggar o meet their sick child and I have seen requests for them to help solve a problem. They act like the Duggars are friends or counselors. Well they aren't, And why the heck would you want to send them or any public figure anything?

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are essentially groupies to one of the most undeserving rockstars ever created by man.

You can see crafters sending gifts to  assorted Bates fairly regularly on Instagram, because the recipients then give them a shoutout on Instagram. Alyssa and Erin seem to have acquired a bunch of baby stuff that way. Little Allie Jane seems to have been sent enough baby mocs and headband flowers to outfit an army.

For some of these Etsy crafters, this may just be a cynical marketing move. 

Of course, we only know about the gifts that get acknowledged...

I think @HereticHickis right on some of these folks. Running on the assumption that people who watch the Duggar want to be like them, I'd assume leghumpers would buy similar items. "Look! My precious baby blanket just like Spurgeon's!" 

As for asking for used items: ick. 

Like @roddma said the Duggars are not our friends. It takes some serious chutzpah to ask a total stranger for something.

Apparently people have forgotten that certain FJ members/ex-members sent a shower curtain from Erin Paine's registry to the happy couple as a wedding gift from "Free Jinger". Now, that was creepy. Moreso than fans sending harmless notes and gifts.

@RosyDaisy

One member.  One member who has publicly admitted that it was a mistake and has prostrated and flagellated herself multiple times. Why harp on that one mistake ad infinitum?

Full disclosure:  A l-o-n-g time ago a former member also sent a child mattress to Emily of <$1,000 to replace a really filthy urine soaked one - in her own name.  Emily thanked her, sold the mattress, and let the children play with the box it came in.

I am unaware of any other "creepy" gifts from FJ members so stop exaggerating.

29 minutes ago, Khan said:

I think @HereticHickis right on some of these folks. Running on the assumption that people who watch the Duggar want to be like them, I'd assume leghumpers would buy similar items. "Look! My precious baby blanket just like Spurgeon's!" 

As for asking for used items: ick. 

Like @roddma said the Duggars are not our friends. It takes some serious chutzpah to ask a total stranger for something.

It does, but isn't that how most of these funds families get by?  The leg humpers are just following form.

I'm in a group which does a lot of knitting for charity. We knit blankets and outfits for the babies of Medicaid moms. Blankets, slippers, etc. for seniors, hats and scarves for one of our low income schools. It wouldn't occur to me to send something to someone famous, especially the Duggars.

The Duggars and FJ are my guilty secret. I don't tell anyone I'm on here. I think Mr. Wolf might suspect. :shhhh:

I think Jill Rod sent a Bates gal a gift (maybe a blanket?) which helped along their invite that wedding, though I don't know why I think that so I may very well be incorrect. 

Don't forget the fans who just show up at their doors. The last one I remember is when Jill was pregnant and a teen fan knocked on her door. Jill and Derrick weren't there but his brother was, and took selfie with the young celebrity stalker in training.  

It's all so weird and creepy. It makes some sense if it's purely a marketing move, but sending a gift just to these people who don't know you and have a hell of a lot more resources than you do, just because you like them so much? As inappropriate as asking them for stuff is, that's a least more logical than sending them gifts. 

@RosyDaisy

One member.  One member who has publicly admitted that it was a mistake and has prostrated and flagellated herself multiple times. Why harp on that one mistake ad infinitum?

Full disclosure:  A l-o-n-g time ago a former member also sent a child mattress to Emily of

1) I was stating a fact, not harping. This is the first time I mentioned the shower curtain since that time.

2) I was unaware of the Emily and the mattress thing. It seems like you know more about creepy gift giving to fundies than I do.

Now, go find somebody else to hand slap.

I get the idea that some leghumpers are so enthralled by the Duggars that some would request counsel from DimBulb and J'Chelle. I'd rather ask for advice from a crumpled pop can than those two. But I don't get sending any of them presents because I'm quite sure they have plenty from their tv grifting. Send the kids advice pamphlets when they turn 18, yes, but stuff? Naw. 

8 minutes ago, Cats B4 Quivers said:

I get the idea that some leghumpers are so enthralled by the Duggars that some would request counsel from DimBulb and J'Chelle.

Agreed. They buy into the pretty fantasy of the big loving family that, sure, has its problems, but "every family has problems". They look at everything this family (as well as the Bates family) does with rose-tinted glasses, and think that asking for counsel or giving gifts is completely normal, because they're a nice, normal, Christian family "just like the rest of us".

And now I need to go get that nonsense out of my brain. :brain-bleach:

I've always wondered that about all celebrities. They're not going to notice your comment among the 47253748 others- reality check please! Sheesh! I don't get why people think they will!

I have no desire to give a gift or seek counsel from the Duggars.  (Personally, I wouldn't give the Duggars ice water if I was the sole purveyor of it in hell.)

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

@RosyDaisy

Full disclosure:  A l-o-n-g time ago a former member also sent a child mattress to Emily of <$1,000 to replace a really filthy urine soaked one - in her own name.  Emily thanked her, sold the mattress, and let the children play with the box it came in.

Who is Emily? I don't venture into many of the family specific threads except Duggars and Bateseses. (Mainly because I just don't want to take the time to go down many rabbit holes.)

2 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Who is Emily? I don't venture into many of the family specific threads except Duggars and Bateseses. (Mainly because I just don't want to take the time to go down many rabbit holes.)

Here's the rundown on them:

11 minutes ago, FundieFarmer said:

I've always wondered that about all celebrities. They're not going to notice your comment among the 47253748 others- reality check please! Sheesh! I don't get why people think they will!

One of my daughters asked Arianna Grande about her mascara on her official Twitter and she answerd. Or maybe her assistant. And Countess Luann from RHWNYC uses Clarins skincare. She tweeted it to a little birdie I know.:my_biggrin: 

I get some of it being all in good fun. Particularly from the teen set.  This made me wonder as far as we know, have the Duggars done anything with Make A Wish, or other charities where they meet sick fans? I am sure they have once or twice, no?

Wasn't there some sick little girl who wanted to meet them and Michelle gave her like thirty seconds of her time and said how "precious" she was?

I don't get why anybody sends them anything, for any reason. They don't need the money. Or anything else. 

If people want to send a gift, like the mattress, to families living in bad housing conditions, I'm not bothered. That mattress could have been a big help to Emily had she not sold it.

It's sending gifts to celebrities I don't get. The Duggars and Bates get TV show money and have nice homes. If they were living in a shelter, I'd get it. But they don't and they are not buddies with their fans. Just like vlogging families, they only show a small part of their lives. They are not close enough to their fans to justify these presents.

The only gift the duggars need is the gift of birth control. Condoms for all!  

Literally. A box of hundreds of condoms. That's all they need at this point.

Archived