IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen- General Discussion Part 18

samurai_sarah

• choralcrusader8613 pinned this topic
  • Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I was recapping Counting On for my partner and I was discussing the whole "I've been informed the wives don't like it being called babysitting" and my partner (who doesn't really snark on this like I do, but he's generally aware of the culture through me) asked something about the authority of the husband and I was like yeah the term is "headship" and he giggled for a good five minutes and then said that the phrase sounds like the world's worst video game. 

Not really sure where to put this but I just thought some of you might appreciate it.

ETA: He has just informed me he will only be referring to the birth of Spurgeon Elliot Seewald as "the emerging (pronounced a bit like he is saying "emergion") of Spurgeon"

Poster called Celia Rubenstein posted on PTV yesterday at 2:32 pm:

Another Smuggar sighting!!!

I was just at the Fayetteville Aldis and there was Josh, pushing a cart full of discount tater tots and cream of mushroom soup.  Right behind him was Anna with her own cart overflowing with bananas and yellow cake mix !!!

Looks like Josh is buying the stuff for more TTC, and Anna is buying dessert.  How many people are they expecting to feed?

1 hour ago, Flossie said:

Poster called Celia Rubenstein posted on PTV yesterday at 2:32 pm:

Looks like Josh is buying the stuff for more TTC, and Anna is buying dessert.  How many people are they expecting to feed?

What birthdays are coming up?  Baby Izzy? Might someone be flying back from DANGEROUSCINTRALAMERICA?

30 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I thought most of the Duggars were sick of TTC.

I think some of them said they didn't like it all that much, and in one of the "looking back" eps, the older girls said that for a while they hated it because they ended eating it 3x a week or more between guests wanting it for dinner and people making it for them, because they thought it was the family's favorite.

Maybe they are having a big "welcome home, Josh!" party. Blech. A party like that deserves TTC.

Since I guess everyone around where they live is  aware of Joshley's transgressions, I wonder how he will be greeted by  the general public there. "Hi Joshley, you shameless thing you!" might do for starters. Or maybe they are used to this after living near the Duggies for so long.

I guess this is disrespectful. People will surely stare. 

I wonder if JB is thinking of stepping into Gothard's footsteps since he is such a proponent of Gothard's. How is this next generation going to get homeschool propaganda, etc since it is a ship w/o a rudder right now.

Well, when the first Josh scandal broke,  there were many comments here and elsewhere that it was almost common knowledge among their friends and in the community that Josh was a creeper.  So he is probably not getting too much of a reaction from people now.  I am surprised that someone hasn't posted pictures of him though.  I could see some people whipping out their phones to get pictures of the shamed Josh to share on social media

2 hours ago, calimojo said:

Well, when the first Josh scandal broke,  there were many comments here and elsewhere that it was almost common knowledge among their friends and in the community that Josh was a creeper.  So he is probably not getting too much of a reaction from people now.  I am surprised that someone hasn't posted pictures of him though.  I could see some people whipping out their phones to get pictures of the shamed Josh to share on social media.

That community does not like the Duggars, but the fact that no one sold the dirt to the tabloids long ago suggests that it may be one of those communities that don't share a lot of gossip about people in their community with "outsiders."

They may not want to become a source of Duggar information to the world because it goes against their community values.  

BTW,  unlike the furniture store sighting, this Aldi one seems exaggerated and possibly inaccurate.  I would have liked to see a pic of the grocery carts. ;)

16 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Since I guess everyone around where they live is  aware of Joshley's transgressions, I wonder how he will be greeted by  the general public there. "Hi Joshley, you shameless thing you!" might do for starters. Or maybe they are used to this after living near the Duggies for so long.

I guess this is disrespectful. People will surely stare. 

Maybe not. It is a small town, people have manners. Maybe more of the whisper from a little distance, almost as bad I guess. 

3 hours ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

Maybe not. It is a small town, people have manners. Maybe more of the whisper from a little distance, almost as bad I guess. 

Yes, I was being sarcastic with the shameless thing you remark.....I would just run the other way. He is too much for me. 

23 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Yes, I was being sarcastic with the shameless thing you remark.....I would just run the other way. He is too much for me. 

And I would wish for one of my fellow FJers to whisper and giggle with, rude, rude rude! 

17 minutes ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

And I would wish for one of my fellow FJers to whisper and giggle with, rude, rude rude! 

Not rude as long as you do it quietly. :my_smile:

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2016/04/blind-item-2-1244.html

Another CDAN Duggar Blind. I don't know who would do this, but read this with a heavy grain of salt. I think it could be fake, but if this were real, it would cause that person to have some explaining to do. Not sure if this falls into inappropriate speculation. Not sure what source is bringing this, if it is Famy, some Duggar fan fiction, or TLC is making these blinds to give publicity for Counting on. 

Well, that blind item is deliberately vague. If it were true, it could apply to any of the Duggar boys, since there's no date.

One commenter said there was a picture of Jason Duggar showing what he/she thought was a gang sign. 

There were some pictures of Jason making a sign. It was the British version of the middle finger. Really doubt that it was a gang sign.

Joy just said she is "trying to grow out of that" when talking about how she used to be a tomboy. That makes me sad (unless it's what she really wants...but her wording makes me believe it's all about what a true lady should like or how she should be.) You go play in the mud if you want, Joy! Go! Go! 

IMO, I think this does fall under inappropriate speculation since the J-teen may be underage.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived