IGNORED

John Maxwell in three vehicle accident!

SPHASH

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 6:08 AM, blessalessi said:

I am stunned that everything becomes a photo opportunity for the blog.  Photos of the car afterward, yep, fine.  Photo of John with the police???? Well, at least she had the shame to take it from a distance.

I agree, Steve will probably milk that one for all it is worth in terms of scaring John.

I doubt that much Steve can do will scare John, thank the FSM.  How awesome it is to see a Maxwell with a spine and a brain, and willing to use both.

15 hours ago, johnhugh said:

I would say that since Superman/Stud John has been rear ended Stevie will use this as a guy who strayed from the flock... not just for him but the Jessie too.

Nah, from what I've read about Jesse, he seems as prissy and self righteous as Christopher. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/03/2016 at 10:34 PM, kpmom said:

But John travels for his business, and even attends agriculture conventions out of town.  Who is he being accountable to on those trips?

They even had weekly 1-1 meetings with Steve last time they went to Colorado on holiday!

The odds that John will go on a bender at some point are must be quite high. He obviously doesn't live in fear like the others, and he only ever learned impulse control while under threat and constant observation.

It crossed my mind initially that it might have been John that ran the Stop sign. I guess there would have been witnesses though.

When John went on that trip to another country awhile back, I thought maybe he was blazing his own trail in life. I now think I was wrong. My guess is that John may be just the biggest Koolaid drinker. He hasn't really done anything to lead one to believe he wants or is living his own life. He is still living at home doing the let's not have friends other than each other. People think he is hot so maybe he will be different than his father. If anything, he might be exactly like Steve and that is why he gets so much freedom. If John was so strong and wanted a separate life, he wouldn't be living at home and still part of the dog and pony show. He is likely allowed to go to conventions because Steve knows he will not step out of line. 

He was the rebellious child that was brainwashed and beaten into submission, in almost complete isolation from anyone outside his immediate family.  If he has sneaked a beer or two at a conference, he is doing well, so far, imo. 

Who knows how much control Steve may have over his financial and business interests?

I imagine that he would probably only have to say the word and he could stay with Teri's sister's side of the family if needed, but he would have a lot of emotional barriers to overcome first. Bad influences don't get to spend time around the rest of the family.  There is a written policy on that. 

In the last year he has travelled overseas, attended a very unfundie wedding, and worked two businesses away from home.  I don't doubt for a minute that right now he probably holds many of his dad's arsehole views, and will use his vote to promote those views but I don't see evidence that he is the "biggest koolaid drinker".  What makes you say that? 

On March 26, 2016 at 2:28 PM, sockinshoe said:

Okay. So. I'm a philosophy student and I'm procrastinating, so I'm gonna say some stuff about theodicy and then go back to weeping over existential philosophy.

One of the things that really confounds me about fundies is how readily and blindly they fall into the problem of theodicy. Theodicy is essentially asking the question "how can evil happen if God exists and loves us" or "why do bad things happen to some people and not others". Fundies have no way of explaining this. They hold that everything that 1) God is omnipotent and 2) God does is definitionally good. Which would imply that everything that is, is good (to paraphrase Alexander Pope). Including things that we universally consider bad (war, sickness, famine, housefires, car accidents, etc.). Including things that fundies think are bad (premarital sex, abortion, women with college degrees). Because all these things have come into being in a world that (even though it is "fallen") is still controlled totally and utterly by God. To say that these things only exist because we are "fallen" would be to imply that God is not in control or that God does not love us (both of which directly contradict the Bible). Fundies have no solution for this, nor do they have any way to address the fact that God saves some kids and not others; they can't explain their own sadness at the death of a loved one (they try to mask it in platitudes about "Going Home to be with God", but they still mourn-- even though they believe they'll see that person again). It's so philosophically inconsistent.

Disclaimer: I know many people of faith (including myself) grapple with problems of theodicy. I'm not saying that all Christians are foolish for being Christian. Most religious people actually acknowledge problems of theodicy, and hundreds of years of Christian thought (and religious thought of all kinds) has concerned itself with these questions. I am criticizing fundies for living lives of totally unexamined faith. Not for having faith in the first place.

.........but, can God create a rock so heavy God can not lift it? That is what I want to know!

3 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

.........but, can God create a rock so heavy God can not lift it? That is what I want to know!

This is an interesting paradox if you believe God to be corporeal (with hands and arms for lifting rocks). A lot of thought, however, disagrees with this and holds God to be incorporeal, or at least inhumanoid. It depends how you take

So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. (Genesis 1:27)

and Exodus 33 (where God shows himself to Moses). 

So can God make a rock so heavy that God cannot lift it? That depends on what God is. 

I don't think that rock can fit in a finite universe.

37 minutes ago, CyborgKin said:

I don't think that rock can fit in a finite universe.

What if it were just super dense?

30 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

What if it were just super dense?

It would need to be infinitely dense and that would break the universe :P

Interesting comment on their 'Reserection' Sunday post:

Grace says:

March 27, 2016 at 7:54 pm

Happy Easter Sunday night to y’all Maxwell family??????

So enjoyed meeting you Sarah last weekend….

7 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

It would need to be infinitely dense and that would break the universe :P

With God all things are possible, my son.

5 hours ago, johnhugh said:

Interesting comment on their 'Reserection' Sunday post:

Grace says:

March 27, 2016 at 7:54 pm

Happy Easter Sunday night to y’all Maxwell family??????

So enjoyed meeting you Sarah last weekend….

Does Grace comment a lot?

On 3/25/2016 at 4:45 AM, Fascinated said:

I would suggest that it was the big honking truck, and its' airbags of human design, which saved John from serious injury.  

Still, God led the NTSB to mandate air bags in new vehicles, and he inspired heathen, un-homeschooled engineers to design them, and he led John, through Stevus, to purchase that vehicle,  all with the end goal of saving John from serious injury at some point.

On 3/26/2016 at 1:29 PM, kpmom said:

Actually, Teri's story about God providing a cell phone case is much, much worse of an example of that kind of thing, now that I think of it.

Every time they post about asking God for stuff and God providing it, I think of this quote from Emo Philips: "

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me."

6 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

With God all things are possible, my son.

Sure, but nit every idea that pops into our brains is a 'thing' :P

(I mean 'not', but editing is failing.)

Sarah posted some pics of Ruthanne, she's beautiful. I know I'm horrible but she's the only looker of Chris and Anna spawn.

On 3/27/2016 at 4:03 PM, Granwych said:

I doubt that much Steve can do will scare John, thank the FSM.  How awesome it is to see a Maxwell with a spine and a brain, and willing to use both.

Nah, from what I've read about Jesse, he seems as prissy and self righteous as Christopher. 

Jesse looks like a prissy fussbudget.  Also, to me, he looks like a real life version of Waylon Smithers from The Simpsons.

I'm wondering whether John is quietly saving enough money to split town for good. Relocating and setting up, say, an irrigation business in another state is not a cheap proposition.

7 minutes ago, Hane said:

I'm wondering whether John is quietly saving enough money to split town for good. Relocating and setting up, say, an irrigation business in another state is not a cheap proposition.

The real estate expertise (alongside his construction skills) would be very handy, in that case!

He would need to be very unhappy to decide to leave his entire family behind though. 

Just now, blessalessi said:

The real estate expertise (alongside his construction skills) would be very handy, in that case!

He would need to be very unhappy to decide to leave his entire family behind though. 

True. He does seem to be giving Stevehovah a pretty significant amount of passive-aggressive FU-ing, though.

Maybe it's the opposite, though. Maybe John has always been the golden child, the best-behaved, the biggest kool-aid drinker of them all. Because of John's unquestioning devotion to Steve's headship, Steve feels that he can let John have a longer leash.

It's also possible that Jesse and Nathan and Christopher never asked to do such work out of the house and were content with their IT ventures and helping in the family ministry.

In any case, I'm sure Sarah and Anna and Mary would never have John's opportunities without flatout rejecting their family.

48 minutes ago, Jigsaw3 said:

Maybe it's the opposite, though. Maybe John has always been the golden child, the best-behaved, the biggest kool-aid drinker of them all. Because of John's unquestioning devotion to Steve's headship, Steve feels that he can let John have a longer leash.

It's also possible that Jesse and Nathan and Christopher never asked to do such work out of the house and were content with their IT ventures and helping in the family ministry.

In any case, I'm sure Sarah and Anna and Mary would never have John's opportunities without flatout rejecting their family.

John has been openly described on the titus 2 blog as the rebellious child. By the time he graduated high school he was thanking them for disciplining him, but even since then he has been described as the family joker (in the House of No Fun).

Chris wanted to be an EMT but Steve counseled him against it.

Jesse wanted to be a missionary and Steve said, "We'll see".  

John is the only one who just does what he wants sometimes, apparently.

John still lives at home, shares a room with his younger brother and I bet there are questions when he comes home 10 mins later than usual (could have been engaging in inappropriate being in the same room as an unrelated female!) The having a job could be Steve lengthening the leash just enough to avoid his fleeing the coop altogether.

I hope he meets a nice woman from work, dates on the sly, goes to live with her more than a block away from the parental units and that she befriends his sisters and eventually prompts them to seek gainful employment of their own. (one can hope!)

3 hours ago, blessalessi said:

John has been openly described on the titus 2 blog as the rebellious child. By the time he graduated high school he was thanking them for disciplining him, but even since then he has been described as the family joker (in the House of No Fun).

Chris wanted to be an EMT but Steve counseled him against it.

Jesse wanted to be a missionary and Steve said, "We'll see".  

John is the only one who just does what he wants sometimes, apparently.

Steve is ridiculous. A missionary is one of THE most religious jobs out there. And Steve said we'll see? They love talking about they're all passionate about sharing Christ yet Steve prevents Jesse from doing just that? 

This family is a small-scale cult. 

Currently Jesse is doing website development. He feels a pull towards missions and we will see how the Lord leads in that.
Steve

http://blog.titus2.com/2012/05/08/jesses-graduation/

The Lord led Jesse to work in the family business though.

http://cciteam.com/#team

And what is interesting in the above link is that it looks like all the sons' businesses belong to CCI, of which Lord Steve is President. 

10 hours ago, blessalessi said:

http://blog.titus2.com/2012/05/08/jesses-graduation/

The Lord led Jesse to work in the family business though.

http://cciteam.com/#team

And what is interesting in the above link is that it looks like all the sons' businesses belong to CCI, of which Lord Steve is President. 

Reading along, I started to  just wonder if everyone's finances were commingled, or perhaps more correctly, a big pot o' money controlled by Stevehova.  Thanks for answering my question!   

Archived