IGNORED

Doug Philips is a tool (at best) and the now defunct Vision Forum - Part 3

Boogalou

17 hours ago, Naga Viper said:

Any chance you can share? I've been looking for a good recipe but just haven't found one quite to my liking. (And given your background, I'm guessing it might be Africa-authentic.)

Lol.  Of course, although most of her recipes aren't very exact - and I'm an add a bit of this and that until it looks and tastes right sort of cook.  It's certainly authentic. You start by making nut paste:  Shell and peel peanuts, toast, grind, and simmer in water.  

Or you can cheat and use store-bought peanut butter.  I use the stuff you buy at health food stores and have to stir. :)

Here you go:

1lb meat (chicken or beef) cut into 1" cubes, or fish* (all optional and I usually make this as a vegetarian stew)

1/2 cup peanut oil (I use a lot less than this)

2 large onions chopped very finely

3 - 4 tomatoes diced (or use 1 8oz can)

1/2 cup nut paste (peanut butter)

2 cloves garlic, crushed

1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger (or more to taste)

salt

black pepper 1/8 tsp (or to taste)

red pepper flakes 1/4 tsp (or more)

1/8 tsp thyme

1 yam (I substitute sweet potato) simmered in advance until softened and diced

1 chile pepper seeded and finely chopped

Vegetables (you can add a mix of anything you fancy like yellow squash, mustard greens, eggplant, and okra but I always use a handful or two of torn kale and 2 - 3 bell peppers.)

2-2 1/2 cups water or stock. (The stew should be quite thick.)

Instructions: 

1. Brown meat in oil in large pot (Dutch oven) add 1 cup of stock, salt and pepper, reduce heat to simmer.

2. In a skillet over high heat fry onions, garlic, chile peppers, tomatoes, spices.  Add optional vegetables.  Add peanut butter.  Add 1 cup of stock.  Reduce heat and stir until combined.

3. Add the vegetable mixture to the meat and simmer until meat is tender.  (approx. 30 minutes for chicken)  Add more stock if it looks too dry.

* if using fish, fry and add at the end of cooking the stew.

Serve with rice and "little things."

Little things make the meal and can be:

- chopped hard boiled eggs

- shredded lettuce and more diced tomato

- fruit: orange slices, banana, pineapple, mango

- chopped toasted peanuts

- shredded coconut

- chopped red onion

- chutney (mango is nice)

- Hot Sauce

and so on.  

Good luck!

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, this looks fabulous! I've tried different combinations of varying ingredients, but never tried making nut paste. Thanks, @Palimpsest!

Hmmm.  DPIAT took down the gloat post & picture from the After VF FB page.  Guess it didn't generate the heartwarming response that they wanted.

21 hours ago, Maxwell said:

Hmmm.  DPIAT took down the gloat post & picture from the After VF FB page.  Guess it didn't generate the heartwarming response that they wanted.

Even Spanky wouldn't "Like" or support it in any way. I really have to wonder what's going through both of their minds about being bound together forever by the upcoming nuptials. I have a feeling that it's a complex, almost love/hate relationship, but maybe that's just my imagination running away with me. 

Until we are able to see all people -- even perceived enemies -- as God-created individuals of value and worth, worthy of respect, the objectification and dehumanization of our fellow-man will perpetuate.

Wonder if the Christian acceptance really extends to everyone, like LGBT people, immigrants in detention centers, the homeless and lots of others.  If he starts a ministry that hands-on, directly helps the disenfranchised, the hungry, the poor, single mothers, then I may buy into it.  One would hope he is gaining in awareness.  

There is something in my city called Mobile Loaves and Fishes.  They've been feeding homeless people out of food trucks for many years.  Then they began to work on finding land and setting up a micro housing community (Community First!) with gardens and support services.  This is now a reality.  Check it out.  This is how a real Christian ministry manifests:  http://mlf.org/

In reality, Vision Forum was marketing product for an upscale Christian lifestyle.  How else can you explain the man ventures arm of VF?

14 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

So reasonable. So tolerant. So... dare I say, "liberal"? What is he up to? 

He wants to keep in Japanese good graces to continue his annual Iwo Jima tours?   Perhaps they found out about all the sand he's swiped over the years.

On 11/29/2016 at 3:54 AM, Howl said:

Just google "West African Peanut Stew".  Yum! 

I have a love/hate relationship with West African Peanut Stew. 

On 11/29/2016 at 3:54 AM, Howl said:

Is Justice the son who is a triathlete?  

It appears so http://www.race-checker.com/race/results/?searchAthlete=Justice+Phillips

19 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Justice was always the less photogenic son - in the gospel according to Doug.  He was rarely featured (compared to Joshua Titus)  in the VF promotional materials.

I hope athletically blessed Justice runs many miles from Doug.  Soon.

And for the love of all that is holy, Doug Phillips.  Let your daughters go!  Those '40s hairstyles and the red lipstick age them well beyond their years.  They should also be focusing on their own lives and future careers right now.  How many years have your daughters bolstered YOUR career plans with their strange fixation on Operation Meatball, Doug?

Perhaps they should now start concentrating on Korea and Vietnam veterans.  The WWII veterans will be in short supply in the future and you really have to give those young women a new hobby.

And  ::coughs:: when did YOU serve in the armed forces, Doug?

20 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

And  ::coughs:: when did YOU serve in the armed forces, Doug?

He didn't, but it's okay because Marxists and Evil Lesbians. 

41 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Perhaps they should now start concentrating on Korea and Vietnam veterans.  The WWII veterans will be in short supply in the future and you really have to give those young women a new hobby.

Well, Korea was, style wise, an extension of WWII.  Viet Nam?  I can't imagine the Phillips girls dressed up like hippies with paisley bell bottoms and no bras.  

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

I hope athletically blessed Justice runs many miles from Doug.  Soon.

And for the love of all that is holy, Doug Phillips.  Let your daughters go!  Those '40s hairstyles and the red lipstick age them well beyond their years.  They should also be focusing on their own lives and future careers right now.  How many years have your daughters bolstered YOUR career plans with their strange fixation on Operation Meatball, Doug?

Amen.

Pics of Dougie are conspicuously absent from the Phillips daughters' "Operation Meatball" website, but a Facebook search on same (plus a bit of sleuthing) yielded this one.

I think Dougie's latched on to all things World War II to 1) continue his cosplay habit, 2) turn it into a moneymaking venture, and 3) insure that his daughters only cross paths with elderly men.

Screen Shot 2016-12-11 at 5.04.10 PM.png

In most states, including Texas, a majority of the living veterans are those who returned from the Gulf Wars, followed by the number of Viet Nam vets.

Given this, if Operation Meatball were really about, you know, VETERANS, instead of showcasing Doug Phillips Is A Tool's WW II cosplay fantasies as imposed on his daughters, you'd think these young women would be making regular appearances at local vets hospitals, etc. Maybe they could even visit Walter Reed when they're in DC for one of their gigs. 

But no, instead it looks like all veterans are NOT equally deserving of recognition and attention.

4 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

My WWII veteran granddaughter is turning in his grave.

Are you the time-traveller, or is she?! I kid, I kid. 

18 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

I think Dougie's latched on to all things World War II to 1) continue his cosplay habit, 2) turn it into a moneymaking venture, and 3) insure that his daughters only cross paths with elderly men.

To echo @Palimpsest's sentiments about Dougie (who is, was, and always shall be, a Tool) letting his daughters to go and forge their own lives, I wouldn't be at all surprised that Operation Meatball, by it's very structure, keeps his daughters from moving on and in their proper place helping Daddy with his cosplay adventures.   They won't interact with men their own ages that just might take them away from Daddy who needs them to help him make money.

I really wonder how the daughters feel about going around on cosplay adventures with their Daddy at their ages.  Doesn't anything ring as being "something is not quite right with this picture?".  It's one thing to do stuff with Daddy when you are younger but by 20's it's got to be rather squicky.    One can say same thing with Maxwells, Botkinettes, etc.

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

In most states, including Texas, a majority of the living veterans are those who returned from the Gulf Wars, followed by the number of Viet Nam vets.

Given this, if Operation Meatball were really about, you know, VETERANS, instead of showcasing Doug Phillips Is A Tool's WW II cosplay fantasies as imposed on his daughters, you'd think these young women would be making regular appearances at local vets hospitals, etc. Maybe they could even visit Walter Reed when they're in DC for one of their gigs. 

But no, instead it looks like all veterans are NOT equally deserving of recognition and attention.

Silly hoipolloi, it's all about the cos-play, not about the veterans.

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

So very true.  San Antonio (where the Tools live) is an epicenter of military bases and thus many, many vets and retirees live there.  Large VA as well. 

Joint Base San Antonio Fort Sam Houston, Joint Base San Antonio Lackland Air Force Base, Joint Base San Antonio Randolph Air Force Base, Brook Army Medical Center, several military museums and here is a volunteer opportunity:

USO San Antonio provides outreach services to active duty and retired military personnel and their families. Friendly staff members and volunteers are ready to assist you with information about lodging, transportation, special events, local attractions, and more. There are two San Antonio locations: downtown and at the airport. The Downtown Community Center provides a comfortable home away from home for military members and their families to relax and enjoy themselves just steps away from the historic River Walk. The San Antonio International Airport USO is in Terminal 2 just outside security.

Up the road about 3 or 4 hours hours is Fort Hood,  the most populous U.S. military installation in the world with over 50,000 current soldiers; again the nearby towns of Lampasas, Belton and Temple have many Viet Nam vets and retirees. 

Look who's out of prison:

Jen hasn't said anything about her daughter's release yet on her Facebook page, which amazes me. (I thought it best to put this info in the VF thread rather than make a new thread.)

3 hours ago, Howl said:

So very true.  San Antonio (where the Tools live) is an epicenter of military bases and thus many, many vets and retirees live there.  Large VA as well. 

Joint Base San Antonio Fort Sam Houston, Joint Base San Antonio Lackland Air Force Base, Joint Base San Antonio Randolph Air Force Base, Brook Army Medical Center, several military museums and here is a volunteer opportunity:

Up the road about 3 or 4 hours hours is Fort Hood,  the most populous U.S. military installation in the world with over 50,000 current soldiers; again the nearby towns of Lampasas, Belton and Temple have many Viet Nam vets and retirees. 

Thanks for that. Maybe I should volunteer, since obviously the Tools aren't going to.

(I wonder how close to me they live.)

2 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Look who's out of prison:

Jen hasn't said anything about her daughter's release yet on her Facebook page, which amazes me. (I thought it best to put this info in the VF thread rather than make a new thread.)

Somehow it doesn't amaze me.  Jen is focused on Jen alone. 

I hope Natasha is able to put her life back in order and goes on to be successful in life.  Not that her parental units will help much with that,

1 hour ago, PopRox said:

(I wonder how close to me they live.)

I thought they lived in Spring Branch in the aftermath of the VF meltdown, so north a bit from San Antonio on 281. Not sure if they are still there. 

3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Somehow it doesn't amaze me.  Jen is focused on Jen alone. 

Oh, there's at least one other thing she's focused on: the flatness of the earth. 

5 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Oh, there's at least one other thing she's focused on: the flatness of the earth. 

Oh Jen, please never change, you crazy old thing. :pb_lol:

12 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

Oh Jen, please never change, you crazy old thing. :pb_lol:

You like that? Here's another one Jen posted called "How Many Innocent Lives Did Doug Phillips Ruin?": 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived