IGNORED

Getting close on the renovations of the 2nd floor

We're finally getting close on the renovations of the 2nd floor of the house.  As in the end is actually in sight on these renovations.  They've been going on for about 4 years now.  The reason for taking so long is that dad did a lot of the work and he could only do the work in the winter when he wasn't otherwise occupied on the farm. 

The house is about 140 years old.   Before we started we had six bedrooms upstairs and one bathroom in the entire house.  We took four of the bedrooms upstairs and combined them in to two larger rooms.  Plus we took one of the bedrooms and turned half of it into a bathroom, and put a couple large storage closets in.  We're now fixing up the last bedroom, which was used as a storage room for many years so it can function as a guest room.  We finally got full heat and AC upstairs, when the house was built the heat was provided by stoves in each of the rooms, and earlier remodels only had duct work up to the first floor.

Ahh, renos.  I have such a love/hate relationship with them.  I love the finished result.  Hate the process.  

Also, I really feel like we need to see some pictures!  Hint....hint.... 

• 1 year later...

Great. Home renovation enhances home value and make it a more comfortable place to live in. You can opt for the services of professional home renovation NJ contractors, as they have relevant experience and knowledge about the home renovation process. Before hiring contractors you should also ask about the certification and license that they have. You can make changes according to your choice whether it is bathroom, kitchen, interiors or exterior design of your home.

Archived