IGNORED

Gilmore Girls

Ali

17 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Here in Italy i didn't yet see more news about the revival. I need to refresh the last tw o season 'cuse i don't remember a lot of things. I really like the original GG at the start i hating Emily, but then i Fall in love with her charachter, she was so different from what i use to see... Hope that this autumn/winter also here we could see the show again. So exaited to see what is happen in this then years... Didi we have a date? 

I think it's 11/25th

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, waterandrocks said:

Netflix is releasing all four episodes at once.

Woo-hoo!!! Guess who'll be signing up for her free trial in mid-November???

• 4 weeks later...
On 24. September 2016 at 11:00 PM, Playagirl said:

Woo-hoo!!! Guess who'll be signing up for her free trial in mid-November???

Playagirl and Pretzel :my_biggrin: 

Just want to drop this off. I'll be busy squeeing like a 10 year old./

Literally so excited for this! I have been mad at the ending since they ended it! It's time! :D

Emily in jeans and a t-shirt!!!!! Kirk at Friday night dinner!!!!!!!  There are no emoticons which accurately reflect my excitement!!!!

Is anyone else unhappy with the way Rory talks? It's not what she says, it's how she says it. I know she's not a girl anymore but Alexis Bledel's voice sounds weird and synthetic as though they had to have her part dubbed. Am I ungrateful?

• 4 weeks later...

Just seen a new promo ad for the 4-parter, and I couldn't recognise Miss Patty at all.  She looks so different now, I had to re-watch it a few times to figure out it was her!

I was hoping to re-watch the whole of GG again before the the new one hits Netflix, but have 2 seasons left still so unlikely I will be done on time now.

On Thursday, November 17, 2016 at 4:09 PM, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

Just seen a new promo ad for the 4-parter, and I couldn't recognise Miss Patty at all.  She looks so different now, I had to re-watch it a few times to figure out it was her!

I was hoping to re-watch the whole of GG again before the the new one hits Netflix, but have 2 seasons left still so unlikely I will be done on time now.

If you've rewatched the first 5 seasons you've seen it in its heyday imo. The last couple seasons, especially the last one, weren't as good.

10 minutes ago, Playagirl said:

If you've rewatched the first 5 seasons you've seen it in its heyday imo. The last couple seasons, especially the last one, weren't as good.

I'd even say, the first 4. 5 is mew. 6 is bad. 7 is the season which must not be watched in a sober condition. I recommend at least 3 glasses of dry wine before watching, and I don't even drink. 

Haha! yeah, I started Season 7 yesterday, and found myself getting bored and thinking 'Ahh, when will this be over already'. I was surprised you could ever get tired of GG but I thought it was because I was watching several episodes a day back to back and needed a break. But it is probably the Season 6 & 7 effect in reality. I don't like Logan or April. I fast forward April so it helps speed through them a lil faster.

Spoiler

Man, what a big let-down. Alexis Bledel's acting is so fake. All the other characters were okay, Lauren Graham and Kelly Bishop outdid themselves, though. The whole 4 episodes were okay to watch but the ending was so mew, and I'm so disappointed that there's been so much out of character plots going on and still no proper ending for Rory. 

...except that she's pregnant. With Slimeberger's kiddo. (supposedly)

This seems more like ASP's test drive to see how GG could be milked in the future. I wish I hadn't put up my hopes so I wouldn't have to feel so unsatisfied now. 

Just searched for a GG thread on here because I'm emotionally unstable and need someone to hold me. I cried so much in Fall. 

ASP specifically said those "last four words" were how she always wanted it to end and I'm pissed about it... YOU CANNOT CREATE A REVIVAL FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF CLOSURE FOR THE FANS AND END IT LIKE THAT WITHOUT A CONFIRMED REVIVAL SEASON 2. WHAT IF THAT'S ALL WE EVER GET?!?!?

Spoiler

I SOBBED when Rory said goodbye to Logan and the Life or Death Brigade. I am a rare Logan shipper and I was always mad she didn't say yes to his proposal, except my inner feminist was happy she was putting her self first and she didn't need a man. But now?!?! It was all for nothing. AND SO MAD ASP thought Logan cheating with Rory was a good idea after their history with the bridesmaids and Rory's history with Dean. I thought they all learned to be better people and that made me so mad because it was seemingly out of character. I wanted Logan back but not under these circumstances. Unless the kid is the Wookie's. 

The closure with Dean was good. Jess didn't get enough closure. I figured ASP would tread lightly with Alexis/Milo's breakup in real life, but they needed a proper goodbye. 

I am happy that Richard's presence was felt throughout, even though he wasn't there. 

I have just watched the first  episode. I don't really know what I was expecting from it, but it was disappointing, almost boring, and seemed 'off' somehow but can't pinpoint it.

I was really excited to see this revival, especially today as I came home from a crappy crazy cranky day shopping and was thinking at least I have new GG to enjoy. I almost don't care about the other episodes now. I hope they pick up.  

47 minutes ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

I have just watched the first  episode. I don't really know what I was expecting from it, but it was disappointing, almost boring, and seemed 'off' somehow but can't pinpoint it.

I was really excited to see this revival, especially today as I came home from a crappy crazy cranky day shopping and was thinking at least I have new GG to enjoy. I almost don't care about the other episodes now. I hope they pick up.  

Spoiler

Bolding is mine. I can't say what it is that disappointed me so much, but it's definitely there (or not there?) and all the out of character stuff was so annoying.

I almost fell asleep during Winter and Spring. Painted my nails even. I don't remember much of Summer also. Fall finally felt like the Gilmore Girls I used to love and was much more in character than all the other parts. Hang in there, fall is worth it!

I read speculation about Jess being the father of Rory's kid. I'm not sure, they weren't fellowshipping sweetly, were they? As much as I'd love to see a sequel on how this would turn out, I hate when shows, which by far have passed their peak, are being stretched to the point where they jump the shark. 

I guess there's not a lot of good shows on TV these days and people miss the late 90s and early 2000s. Hence all the nostalgia...

1 hour ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

IMO, Fall was perfect. The other three episodes, it was on in the background and I did other stuff not really giving it my full attention. Fall was on full screen and I cried like a baby at least 10 times. 

While Rory was out of character for most of the revival, I think part of the reason I enjoyed it was because I grew up with her. I'm definitely feeling the late-20's, how do I be an adult?/will I be alone forever because guys hate me?/all my friends "making" it while I wander around lost for a bit/etc. I absolutely understand people being upset because she was the girl with goals, ambition, and a pro/con list, and she was going somewhere... but life doesn't always work out that way and I appreciated the realness and could relate on every level. It made me feel less alone in a way. 

Rory's lines seemed so forced at first. I was glad when Alexis seemed to slip back into Rory's character after a couple of scenes. 

Spoiler

The last line totally surprised me and frustrated me! It then made sense why Rory had grilled her dad about not being in her life. He's a lot like Logan- means well and wealthy but not the most responsible (and that's assuming that Logan is the father). I've always been team Jess so I wish that would've happened, especially after they showed that Jess still isn't over her. I don't feel closure like I had hoped for :/

Spoiler

I feel like the revival was pretty heavy over all... It really brought me down. There were some satisfying moments for sure, and that made it worth it. Rory's character has pretty much been awful for me since she slept with Dean, and I feel like her behavior in the revival was in line with previous story arcs, but still... I wanted to be able to root for her again. That last long look Jess gave through the window had me hoping something might still happen between them, but no, she had to get knocked up by Grody Logan. 

I am watching "Winter" and I'm kind of bored. The Rory/Paris story line is interesting/ the Lorelai/Luke; not so much. Lorelai looks weird, kind of puffy, so does Luke. 

In the last episode/movie, there was no Sookie. Which annoys me. She's arguably the best known actor on GG, other than maybe Kelly Bishop, but she's such a bad actress, i can't believe she couldn't bother to show up. It's really annoying me. I mean, she's ABSOLUTELY the worst actress on GG in the first place, but she can't show up? UGH. How horrible. 

I still really like Rory and Logan together; why is he such a jerk?? 

Paris is f'ing nuts! I love her and Rory's relationship. 

Paris grew up just like I always hoped she would - just as bonkers and ruling her industry. :D

It seems like a lot of people disliked many aspects of A Year In the Life, but I loved it! Emily and Gerta were awesome (anyone notice that Gerta was played by the Gypsy actress?), I wish Miss Patty had had more lines (whoa did she ever lose a lot of weight!)...I could go on for ages. 

If they don't re-revive GG my brain might explode, though. How else will be find out for sure if the kid is Logan's or Wookie's?!

I fell asleep and woke up just in time to see Luke and Lorelai talk about a Steely Dan flashmob and get premarried. Which isn't novel or unique in any way. 

And those final four words? Stupid. You want an American show that's groundbreaking? Come back with another season and show Lorelai driving Rory to get an abortion, which is what unmarried, professional, college educated, grown-ups do when they get unexpectedly pregnant and aren't sure who the father is. Seriously, has there ever been a tv show in the us where a woman gets an unapologetic abortion? 

I also saw Melissa McCarthy and Jared Padalecki's name in the credits. I can't imagine how boring dean's cameo was. Or how annoying Sookie's ended up being, she was really irritating on my rewatch. 

LoVED everything about Emily that I saw. Loved the giant portrait of Richard. 

The giant portrait was amazing! 

That would have been a much more controversial show, for sure! The fabled "four words" didn't really do much for me. Second generation single parenthood. Yay? Really seems more like the total pits to me. 

The dean cameo was pretty boring, yeah. Jess was a far more interesting and engaging cameo.

Melissa McCarthy's voice was really weird. Sort of raspy and strangely pitched. Maybe she had a head cold? While she was onscreen I just read a few articles because yeah, she was was boring and irritating.

Random musings. Overall, I enjoyed the episode, if only for the chance to revisit old friends. I liked Emily's storyline the best and I found that arc very well-written. I enjoyed Fall more than the other seasons. Kirk was Kirk; he's always been a kooky favourite of mine. I hated seeing where Rory was in her life. At her age, to have nothing and be couch-surfing. I get that careers often don't work out the way we want them to, but eventually you've gotta suck it up and take a survival job that's not in your field to pay the bills and not sponge off your friends and family.  The way she treated her boyfriend was just cruel and I won't even mention the Logan fiasco.

Lorelei  has always been incredibly selfish in all of her relationships, with the exception of her relationship with Rory. And in this reboot, we could see Rory behaving the same way. It's strange because when you examine both Lorelei and Rory's behaviour, and the way they treat others, they are both not very likeable people, yet everyone loves them anyway. Including me. So yeah....

I really don't know how i feel after watching the GG revival.

The ending really made me mad.

Emily's scene really tugged at my heartstrings, however they also confused me. I watched some of the parts and I didn't get grieving widow, I seen a women going thru the beginning stages of dementia. I'm not sure if they were hinting at the fact that Emily was sick or just grieving/finding her new self without Richard.

I missed Richard in the revival but I think they did a wonderful job keeping his memory in the show (which made me cry several times). 

There's quite a lot of OOC (out of character) plots going on and I'd love if we could collect some of them and discuss them here. 

Number #1 on my list is the Luke-Lorelai-child plot. In all seven seasons preceding the Netflix series, it is made abundantly clear that Lorelai wants more children. It's a topic that arises at least once per season, and it definitely came up when she married Christopher, so the closest to the revival. It is so unbelievably out of character that Luke and Lorelai have harmoniously been together for over 8 years and have NOT at least as much as discussed the topic of having a child together; a possible #3 so to speak, as both have a daughter each. No way would Lorelai be dumb enough to wait for a kid until she's 48 and in need of a surrogate and no way would Luke be as dumb as to think he'd have to sleep with the surrogate. Ugh. 

Somewhere in the middle of the revival it felt to me as if everything had fallen asleep in true Sleeping Beauty fashion. For the past 8 years everything has stayed the same until everyone suddenly awakes at just the right time to be on Netflix. The things that apparently have changed seemed very contrived and far too forced (Sookie, Paul, etc.) to be enjoyable.

Archived