IGNORED

Gilmore Girls

Ali

I was surprised to not find a Gilmore Girls thread.

The rumors of a Gilmore Girls revival have finally come true, and I think we should have a place to discuss the revival and seven seasons of this wonderful show.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some channel was playing a marathon of this recently, and I was stuck on the couch and started watching it. I liked it! I must've watched a dozen episodes!

... Is it on Netflix??

I'm currently rematching this series for the umpteenth time. I'm in the middle of season 6. The first five seasons are great, but I hate what they did with Rory's character in seasons 6&7. I hope Amy doesn't write her so over the top and zany in the new series.

It is on Netflix! Added to my queue! Yipeeeeee! :)

I really remember, and liked, the episode with termites eating the house, and the mom was convinced she could hear them noshing away. lol

25 minutes ago, Ali said:

The rumors of a Gilmore Girls revival have finally come true, and I think we should have a place to discuss the revival and seven seasons of this wonderful show.

I love the way they're doing the revival, four ninety minute episodes, one for each season. Stars Hollow was so picturesque year round!

1 hour ago, Ali said:

Thanks for starting this thread, and for pointing it out! I love the Gilmore Girls!! :)

Oh, and I agree with you that Rory should end up with someone new! 

At least she doesn't end up with Dean, though. That would be so boring! 

There is a thread around here somewhere talking about the revival. Of course, it could be anywhere. 

I want someone new, or Logan. How many people stay with high school boyfriends? 

Sad that there won't be any Richard Gilmore. And ugh, what's her name doing Bad Santa might have ruined Lorelei for me. 

So disappointed Melissa McCarthy won't be involved!  Sookie was one of my favorite characters, she and Jackson were just the most adorable couple ever.  

I cannot imagine why they're bringing back all of Rory's beaux, unless it is just a gift to all the people who 'ship' each of the couples.  Maybe they'll have a few scenes with her catching up with each of them while she goes back to visit Lorelei.

I'm honestly more interested in if Lorelei and Luke get back together!  I loved Lorelei the first time when GG was on television, probably because I was a youngish first-time Mom, and certainly was much more laid-back in parenting than my own parents.  I also had a strained relationship with my parents.  There was just so much to relate to, even though her missteps drove me insane.  Watching it on Netflix later, I realized I seriously did not like her at all!  She mostly infuriated me.  

I will say that while I enjoy watching the actress who plays Lorelei, I have to wonder what is up with her roles.  On Parenthood, another incredible family generational tv show, she plays a young mother who makes bad choices about/for her kids, gets engaged to her high school daughter's teacher and then breaks up with him, overreacts when her daughter makes mistakes, etc.  

Daughters and I are VERY excited to watch this new revival!  

I have always loved Lorelei even though my parenting style is nothing like hers. Lorelei was on the list of potential names for my daughter. My husband crossed it out. :pb_sad:

It is so sad that Richard will not be in the revival. I loved the scene when he had his first heart attack where he promised that Emily can go first. It will not be the same without him!

I agree about Melissa McCarthy. I loved Sookie and I have not liked the actress in hardly any of her other roles.

I think @violynn might be right about bring each of the three boyfriends back for shippers. My cousins are looking forward to Jess appearing in the show.

I also agree that Luke and Lorelei should be together. They were perfect for each other. 

My favorite quote from the show is, "Oy with the poodles already!"

I really love the name Lorelei too.  It's one of those names I'm fondest of:  suitably cute and nickname-able for a small baby, still cute but not too-cute for a young girl, imminently acceptable as a name for a woman during her career.

Completely agree about Edward Herrmann being sorely missed.  He was so amazing and I cannot imagine the show without him.

I could never in a million years pick a favorite quote, but it would probably be one of Emily's.  Also one of my absolute favorite actresses and characters on the show.

It is going to be so sad without Edward Herman. Richard was one of my favorite characters. If I had to pick one of the 3 boyfriends for Rory, I would probably pick Logan. Even though I didn't like Rory's character in the final 2 seasons, I really like Logan and thought it made sense for her to be with him. She did end up fitting better in her grandparents world and I thought it was a really cool storyline throughout the show. 

20 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

There is a thread around here somewhere talking about the revival. Of course, it could be anywhere. 

I want someone new, or Logan. How many people stay with high school boyfriends? 

Sad that there won't be any Richard Gilmore. And ugh, what's her name doing Bad Santa might have ruined Lorelei for me. 

Or no one. Smart, well educated Rory could just be a great SINGLE success.

I didn't know what's her name, Sookie, wouldn't be involved. GG is literally the only thing I've liked that actress in. (or maybe I just didn't like the other shows/movies/characters and it has nothing to do with the actress) Sookie and Jackson were a great addition to Stars Hollow. 

What about Paris? Do we get some Paris?

Yes. Paris and Doyle are coming back! Basically, everyone is coming back expect Richard (his death) and Sookie (they thought she was too busy and then she was indeed booked for something else). I don't think I have heard anything about Jackson and maybe Miss Patty either. 

And I agree that GG is the only thing I have ever liked Melissa McCarthy in.

Paris will be in it.

Laine was always my favorite, although I hate what they did with her character the last few seasons.

I think the original producers left, and whoever took over did a crappy job.

^ It was the original showrunners/writers that left, and yes the guy who took over did a crappy job for sure. The originals are back for the revival though. I hope Lorelai and Luke have been married for a while cause it's been close to 10 years since the series ended. I hope Rory is single, Jess was an asshole, Dean was kind of pathetic and I didn't really like Logan.

19 hours ago, lynn0810 said:

Yes. Paris and Doyle are coming back! Basically, everyone is coming back expect Richard (his death) and Sookie (they thought she was too busy and then she was indeed booked for something else). I don't think I have heard anything about Jackson and maybe Miss Patty either. 

And I agree that GG is the only thing I have ever liked Melissa McCarthy in.

I'd love a spin off with Paris and Emily.

I'm so excited! I actually started rewatching the series a few weeks before they made this announcement. I'm just about to start the final season. My favorite characters were always Richard & Emily, so it's going to be sad without Edward Herrmann. I enjoyed their character development over the series, too.

Paris was always another favorite of mine. I was honestly always rooting for her and Rory to get together (romantically). They had serious chemistry, formed a deep and lasting relationship, and always pushed each other to be better (even if at first it's just competitiveness). The characters brought something out in each other -- the tension was interesting and gave it a different quality than Rory's friendship with Lane. If Rory ends up with a former boyfriend in the specials, I hope it's Jess. Logan... might work. Definitely not Dean, I always disliked how boring he was. 

What was the name of the guy that worked the front desk at the inn? I always loved him, I hope that he makes an appearance! I'm going to miss Richard Gilmore, I loved his dynamic with Emily. I'm really hoping that Rory ends up with Logan, I was devastated when she turned him down. I think I've watched Season 5 at least 20 times. My ultimate favorite has to be Kirk, though. My roommate and I almost named our cat "Cat Kirk" before we came to our senses. Does anyone know if Kirk is going to be making an appearance? 

19 minutes ago, housetyrell said:

What was the name of the guy that worked the front desk at the inn? I always loved him, I hope that he makes an appearance! I'm going to miss Richard Gilmore, I loved his dynamic with Emily. I'm really hoping that Rory ends up with Logan, I was devastated when she turned him down. I think I've watched Season 5 at least 20 times. My ultimate favorite has to be Kirk, though. My roommate and I almost named our cat "Cat Kirk" before we came to our senses. Does anyone know if Kirk is going to be making an appearance? 

His name on the show was Michel, his name is Yanic Truesdale. Not sure if he's gonna be in the reunion.

8 hours ago, December said:

I'm so excited! I actually started rewatching the series a few weeks before they made this announcement. I'm just about to start the final season. My favorite characters were always Richard & Emily, so it's going to be sad without Edward Herrmann. I enjoyed their character development over the series, too.

Paris was always another favorite of mine. I was honestly always rooting for her and Rory to get together (romantically). They had serious chemistry, formed a deep and lasting relationship, and always pushed each other to be better (even if at first it's just competitiveness). The characters brought something out in each other -- the tension was interesting and gave it a different quality than Rory's friendship with Lane. If Rory ends up with a former boyfriend in the specials, I hope it's Jess. Logan... might work. Definitely not Dean, I always disliked how boring he was. 

I would totally be into a Rory ending up with Paris scenario! It would be unexpected but believable. I didn't think Jess was a good boyfriend (or person) at all, but he was hot. If I HAD to pick and ex-boyfriend for Rory it'd be him, but I'd rather she was single and dating.

13 hours ago, Yes, TOTALLY said:

I would totally be into a Rory ending up with Paris scenario! It would be unexpected but believable. I didn't think Jess was a good boyfriend (or person) at all, but he was hot. If I HAD to pick and ex-boyfriend for Rory it'd be him, but I'd rather she was single and dating.

I actually think Jess would make a good boyfriend for Rory, now. Then? Not so much. But I think he just needed time to find his place in life, gain some maturity, and settle down. Remember that the last we saw of him, he owned a bookstore and was writing books.

^ Maybe...he definitely did seem to mature a lot by his last appearance, but I still think it was super gross when he tried to make Rory have sex with him at that party even after she told him to stop more than once and moved his hand away from her pants. And then he didn't even apologise, he beat Dean up, wrecked someone's house and then took off without saying goodbye. If Rory HAS to be with an ex Jess seems like the most realistic option (and he and Alexis Bledel had great chemistry) but I think it's waaaay more realistic for Rory to have met someone else or be dating around. Last we saw her she was 22, now she'd be 32ish. Last we saw her she was fresh out of college, who knows what she had been up to since then.

4 hours ago, Yes, TOTALLY said:

Maybe...he definitely did seem to mature a lot by his last appearance, but I still think it was super gross when he tried to make Rory have sex with him at that party even after she told him to stop more than once and moved his hand away from her pants. And then he didn't even apologise, he beat Dean up, wrecked someone's house and then took off without saying goodbye.

This is why I am not on Team Jess. I was right after they got together, but I did not like how he treated her. I was glad to see him more mature later on and have a positive influence on Rory.

1 hour ago, Ali said:

This is why I am not on Team Jess. I was right after they got together, but I did not like how he treated her. I was glad to see him more mature later on and have a positive influence on Rory.

So, Jess is a little too bad boy, Logan is a spoiled rich kid with a family I wouldn't wish on a Duggar, and Dean is a dim bulb.

Rory needs fresh blood. Luckily she's been out in the world, working and travelling. Maybe a non American beau?

Archived