IGNORED

Sierra Jo Dominguez Abysmal Wedding Planner Part 3

Boogalou

I think she showed up at Big Sandy last year.   If she's not a Gothardite, she's a wannabe Gothardite.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Pretzel said:

Sierra at least seems able to show real emotion and love towards her kids. She's not been brought up with her feelings and emotions denied and stunted like the Duggars, though. 

I don't really get their connection. Is she a Gothardite? Are they IBLP sheeple? Is she quiverfull? All of the above? Are they ATI/homeschooling? 

They met at Walmart, near the denim skirt and tator tot display.

4 hours ago, bingbangboom said:

They met at Walmart, near the denim skirt and tator tot display.

You're kidding, right? :pb_confused:

2 hours ago, Pretzel said:

You're kidding, right? :pb_confused:

Yes, @bingbangboom is kidding. :D

IIRC, they met in the store where Sierra worked. I wanna say it was a FroYo store, but I might be confusing this with Michelle. He pestered her about Jesus, she was a lost sheep, yada yada yada, she found Jesus, they got married and decided to have as many arrows as the Lord would give them. The end.

2 minutes ago, JillyO said:

IIRC, they met in the store where Sierra worked. I wanna say it was a FroYo store, but I might be confusing this with Michelle. He pestered her about Jesus, she was a lost sheep, yada yada yada, she found Jesus, they got married and decided to have as many arrows as the Lord would give them. The end.

You never know with these people...

I, however, wasn't talking about Sierra and OfSierra but Sierra and the Duggars, how they met.

2 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

You never know with these people...

I, however, wasn't talking about Sierra and OfSierra but Sierra and the Duggars, how they met.

Ha, I see, that makes sense. :D I don't think they've ever let on exactly how they met, but they definitely run in the same circles in NWA. And they're definitely quiverfull, as well as ATI/IBLP. I'm not sure about this year, but they were in Big Sandy last year.

1 hour ago, JillyO said:

Ha, I see, that makes sense. :D I don't think they've ever let on exactly how they met, but they definitely run in the same circles in NWA. And they're definitely quiverfull, as well as ATI/IBLP. I'm not sure about this year, but they were in Big Sandy last year.

The Dominguez' weren't at Big Sandy this year. 

So there's no official link between the Dominguezes and IBLP other than the Duggars? But they're definitely quiverfull? Unbelievably weird. 

I can't decide whether I find Sierra totally annoying or surprisingly refreshing. She must have some secular background, but her husband doesn't seem too soaked in the kool-aid either. So where does the quiverfull spirit come from? Sierra's definitely not as emotionally stunted as the Duggars so she's even some kind of positive influence for e.g. Joy. Sierra's strong, energetic, productive and self-confident and does not seem to be a submissive helpmeet. On the other hand she often appears really full of herself (I can see why she and Jessa get along well) and a little dorky. She kinda overrates her own talents quite a little. There's event managers in this world who really deserve to be called that. Then there's Sierra. 

I don't know if I'm appalled by her abysmal planning skills or sensation mongering enough to keep on watching that trainwreck.

3 hours ago, JillyO said:

It was a video store. He judged her for her tattoo, she fell madly in love. As you do. it's on her November 28th post on dojosdesigns.blogspot.com 

4 minutes ago, ladyaudley said:

It was a video store. He judged her for her tattoo, she fell madly in love. As you do. it's on her November 28th post on dojosdesigns.blogspot.com 

I thought I was getting that mixed up with Michelle. FroYo store, video store. To-may-toes, To-mah-toes. It's a beautiful love story either way. :pb_lol:

45 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

So there's no official link between the Dominguezes and IBLP other than the Duggars? But they're definitely quiverfull? Unbelievably weird. 

I can't decide whether I find Sierra totally annoying or surprisingly refreshing. She must have some secular background, but her husband doesn't seem too soaked in the kool-aid either. So where does the quiverfull spirit come from? Sierra's definitely not as emotionally stunted as the Duggars so she's even some kind of positive influence for e.g. Joy. Sierra's strong, energetic, productive and self-confident and does not seem to be a submissive helpmeet. On the other hand she often appears really full of herself (I can see why she and Jessa get along well) and a little dorky. She kinda overrates her own talents quite a little. There's event managers in this world who really deserve to be called that. Then there's Sierra. 

I don't know if I'm appalled by her abysmal planning skills or sensation mongering enough to keep on watching that trainwreck.

I mean, it depends on what you'd consider an official link between the Domingueses and IBLP/ATI. I would consider the fact that they go to ATI conferences an "official link" (or as official as it gets without him working at HQ or serving on the BOD or something like that).

From what I can puzzle together from her social media, she seems to come from a mainstream Christian family. I'd say his background is very conservative Christian or fundie-lite. But they seem to have jumped off the deep end together (somewhat gradually). I have no idea if they joined ATI and that's where they met the Duggars or if they met the Duggars locally and that's why they joined ATI. Maybe somebody else knows?

3 hours ago, Pretzel said:

I'm in the same boat as you about Sierra. I'm glad that she seems to have an actual personality and truly loves her kids (though I think she's overwhelmed and probably gunning for a J Slave to pick up the slack), but I think that in event planning, she goes beyond bad planning and right into purposefully fucking things up or doing things inefficiently because she needs to have drama.

On April 19, 2016 at 4:53 PM, CorruptionInc. said:

I am often confused about how Josie's first name is so old fashioned yet her middle name is so modern.

My nana was a Josie (Josephine); Jo later in life. Nana was born in 1927 though...

Mine too. Born in 1910.

39 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I'm in the same boat as you about Sierra. I'm glad that she seems to have an actual personality and truly loves her kids (though I think she's overwhelmed and probably gunning for a J Slave to pick up the slack), but I think that in event planning, she goes beyond bad planning and right into purposefully fucking things up or doing things inefficiently because she needs to have drama.

I wonder if she is the only way TLC thought of to liven the show up. 

6 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

Sierra is the new Amy, because Amy won't play ball any more for JB.

Is it that Amy won't play ball or that TLC aren't interested in "crazy cousin Amy" any more?  I don't keep up with the Amy threads so have no idea what she's doing with herself these days.

I can't decide if I like Sierra either, her Instagram is quite irritating and she has those crazy Michelle eyes but I haven't seen her on screen since the old 19 KAC episodes.

Is it that Amy won't play ball or that TLC aren't interested in "crazy cousin Amy" any more?  I don't keep up with the Amy threads so have no idea what she's doing with herself these days.

I can't decide if I like Sierra either, her Instagram is quite irritating and she has those crazy Michelle eyes but I haven't seen her on screen since the old 19 KAC episodes.

I personally think it's not that TLC aren't interested, it's that JB won't allow her on screen after all the tabloid stories from Amy. When is she seen with her family now?

1 minute ago, actuallyjessica said:

I personally think it's not that TLC aren't interested, it's that JB won't allow her on screen after all the tabloid stories from Amy. When is she seen with her family now?

True.  I wonder how grandma feels about that.  Oh to be a fly on the wall at Duggarville!

21 hours ago, Pretzel said:

You know where that came from! Heaven above in all it's glory, praise be! Of to the prayer closet with you!

2 hours ago, Apricot said:

AFAIK, Amy is trying to monetize her Instagram and is "filming" something in California. If Sierra is trying to be Fundie Gwyneth Paltrow, Amy is Fundie 2016 Katherine Heigl.

5 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

AFAIK, Amy is trying to monetize her Instagram and is "filming" something in California. If Sierra is trying to be Fundie Gwyneth Paltrow, Amy is Fundie 2016 Katherine Heigl.

That's so accurate it hurts

On 4/28/2016 at 6:17 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

AFAIK, Amy is trying to monetize her Instagram and is "filming" something in California.

Sex tape?

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Sex tape?

The last thing we need is a Duggar sex tape. Just imagine the horrible titles they'd come up with...

On 5/4/2016 at 6:49 PM, princessmahina said:

The last thing we need is a Duggar sex tape. Just imagine the horrible titles they'd come up with...

It would be fundie-sanctioned. Its a woman fulfilling her godly position on her back and the man is riteously fulfilling his desires. All they have to do is moan out scriptures and her conceive from it for it to be kosher. 'Jesus never said it was a sin to record' 

Fundie titles 'his arrow - my quiver'

'Josh Duggar and 100 thrusts to redemption (A JB Duggar production)

'The thin line between sin and win.'

On 5/4/2016 at 11:01 AM, HereticHick said:

Sex tape?

Josh does Dallas 

In and out with Josh 

Ben's visit to the dentist 

Jessa sits down 

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived