IGNORED

John Shrader: Lyin' King - Part 7

Boogalou

He's such a flim-flam man (or would that be FLEEM-FLAHM MAHN).  I shudder every time he requests money (i.e., isn't it great how you [gullible] people have sacrificed so my parents can have a good time; or how hard can it be to fork over more money to me instead of you going shopping).  Plus, he seems to spend much of his time on godly Facebook gossiping in the guise of memes and other reposts that he culls from who knows where.  Speaking of gossip, I want to read the rest of the story about how Rick Shrader converted the warlock... 

I'm such a skeptic.  Why did his church's attendance suddenly increase right when his parents came to visit?  He makes a point that there was no food, so did he make some future promise?  Hmmmm.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

...he seems to spend much of his time on godly Facebook gossiping in the guise of memes and other reposts that he culls from who knows where.  

Well put.  That's exactly what he's doing--condoning his playtime actions as Biblical and righteous, of course.

Wonder if the congregation knew about the "no food!!!" policy before the service started...

5 hours ago, bertnee said:

Wonder if the congregation knew about the "no food!!!" policy before the service started...

I don't think so majority of Zambian's know the game-Food for Jesus. I would be willing to bet that all the people that he baptized have already been baptized. When I was there last summer that was the joke at the hospital, they would get baptized by any new missionary so they would stay and continue to feed them. If John Boy does not feed them he will lose majority of his followers because there is another missionary down the road that will. 

I am amused by the fact that John shows off his family wearing matching African clothes, especially while Daddy is there, seemingly to suggest that he and his family have assimilated into the Zambian culture.   But I noticed that all the actual Zambians just wore western style clothes.  

Still sticking out like a sore thumb

34 minutes ago, Pseudoname said:

I am amused by the fact that John shows off his family wearing matching African clothes, especially while Daddy is there, seemingly to suggest that he and his family have assimilated into the Zambian culture.   But I noticed that all the actual Zambians just wore western style clothes.  

Still sticking out like a sore thumb

:clap: :pb_lol:   Yep!

(If I wear hipster attire, will I be assimilated into a different generational culture?)

On 3/23/2016 at 8:50 PM, Gimme a Free RV said:

So, to the innocent, gullible supporters in Katy, Texas, thank you for providing a sound system, an electronic keyboard (or maybe it belonged to a local), the Trooper that got stuck in the mud that's been giving Mom and Dad Schrader tours, oh, and the African clothes that John was probably duped into overpaying for.

Nope. The "piano" was definitely in the container. IIRC, it got broken and then John needed prayer$ for its replacement.

21 hours ago, bertnee said:

Sounds like he pulled a little bait and switch. If they usually have a "fellowship meal", it would be a surprise to not get one this time...

There was an electronic keyboard seen in those pictures of the church service.  The piano delivered in the crate was a wooden upright piano.

On March 24, 2016 at 5:40 AM, Gimme a Free RV said:

:clap: :pb_lol:   Yep!

(If I wear hipster attire, will I be assimilated into a different generational culture?)

The only native Zambian's that wear that type of clothing work in the hospitality industry (tour guides, bell men at hotels or food servers) everyone else wears western clothing. 

On 3/23/2016 at 0:10 PM, CTRLZero said:

He's such a flim-flam man (or would that be FLEEM-FLAHM MAHN).  I shudder every time he requests money (i.e., isn't it great how you [gullible] people have sacrificed so my parents can have a good time; or how hard can it be to fork over more money to me instead of you going shopping).  Plus, he seems to spend much of his time on godly Facebook gossiping in the guise of memes and other reposts that he culls from who knows where.  Speaking of gossip, I want to read the rest of the story about how Rick Shrader converted the warlock... 

I'm such a skeptic.  Why did his church's attendance suddenly increase right when his parents came to visit?  He makes a point that there was no food, so did he make some future promise?  Hmmmm.

No food, this time, and he put a lock on the well so the attendees had to wait until after the service to pick up their water buckets?

That baptismal pool looks like a breeding ground for mosquitoes.

It's a shame nobody Esther's family were able to grift on over. It must suck for her. She can't  just say "fuck this" pack up her kids and come home. She is so trapped.

3 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

It's a shame nobody Esther's family were able to grift on over. It must suck for her. She can't  just say "fuck this" pack up her kids and come home. She is so trapped.

Do we know how soon she's due? 

2 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

May.

Thanks!

It would be wonderful if Esther's parents could grift enough to visit their daughter when the new baby arrives. Would be even more wonderful if Shrader Senior could help them grift enough to allow that to happen. He is definately an expert grifter. He would be doing his daughter-in-law a favour. It would make up in a tiny part for his totally crap and useless son.

10 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

It would be wonderful if Esther's parents could grift enough to visit their daughter when the new baby arrives.

I'm not sure that's a good idea.  

You see, it would be too soon after the senior Shraders' visit and would not allow enough time for John to convert enough Christians for a John Shrader Baptismal Extravaganza.  Plus, Esther has to wash and iron all those costumes.

9 hours ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

I'm not sure that's a good idea.  

You see, it would be too soon after the senior Shraders' visit and would not allow enough time for John to convert enough Christians for a John Shrader Baptismal Extravaganza.  Plus, Esther has to wash and iron all those costumes.

True. But still.....

Esther never really had a chance in/at life.

21 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

It would be wonderful if Esther's parents could grift enough to visit their daughter when the new baby arrives. Would be even more wonderful if Shrader Senior could help them grift enough to allow that to happen. He is definately an expert grifter. He would be doing his daughter-in-law a favour. It would make up in a tiny part for his totally crap and useless son.

Who are we kidding? It would never cross their minds to bring her parents over. Esther is not a real person with real feelings. She doesn't need care packages, she does not need to see her parents as much as John does. He is the one saving souls while she breeds and takes care of the babies.

14 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

Who are we kidding? It would never cross their minds to bring her parents over. Esther is not a real person with real feelings. She doesn't need care packages, she does not need to see her parents as much as John does. He is the one saving souls while she breeds and takes care of the babies.

I know this is absolutely true, of course, but it always makes me so very sad when it is said so truthfully and bluntly.

I think it especially hits home for me as well when I'm missing my family and friends so much as they celebrate Easter together this weekend. It's difficult living abroad and I was a very well travelled and educated person moving from one Western country to another without any children. I can't imagine the true feelings Esther must have from time to time being in a country so radically different from her own in many ways, growing up as sheltered as she's always been, with that many children (and giving birth to more!), having a selfish douchebag for a husband, and not being able to express any despair due to the culture she is apart of. 

I'm allowed to cry from time to time because I miss home. No one judges me when I have a really down day due to the painful pangs of homesickness. I already know that if I have a child while still living over here, my Dad or Aunts will work out a way to take time off work to come and give me a hand. I have an education and the ability to financially support myself. I can change my life if I want and I can leave if I ever felt the need to. I just ache for Esther. 

That photo of the Shrader kids at the Baptismal Extravaganza(tm)

:omg:

The poor kids are dressed up in matching tourist outfits, the little girl is carrying an even littler girl, and they are clearly segregated from the congregation. I had hope that the kids would assimilate into the local culture because they are often more adaptable than adults, but this does not look to be true here at all.

@Aine I totally agree. I'm sorry that you miss your family :-( but I'm glad you have a support system and know you "have an out" if you need it (also, I wish you great experiences living abroad!). :-) I only wish the same for Poor Esther. 

@Crocoduck I was hoping that for the kids, too! Jeez, even some of the kids in 'The Poisonwood Bible' assimilated into their new local culture (Leah for sure, and Ruth May the youngest did too). Of course,  *their*  deadbeat-missionary dad at least got his family anti-malarial medicine, so perhaps that's an unfair comparison...

3 hours ago, Marshmallow World said:

Meanwhile, just to the east... Malawi Pastors Push Government to Arrest 4000 Gays

Jesus tapdancing Christ.

I can imagine John's thrill at the Young Pastor's Coalition working to round up the evil ones; he probably wishes he could take credit for it.  Horrible.  I was reading one of his most recent Facebook posts and am still wondering what it means:

. . . recently sharing how she used to fight with her drunken husband who had spent everything they had on booze, but now is meekly and quietly loving him and Trusting the Lord to be her Provider after being Biblically Born Again!

Does this indicate that her husband is still throwing away their money on booze, but she is no longer complaining and instead gives him the vacant adoring look that we know so well on FJ?  If John is going to gossip, I wish he'd complete the story and tell us what the husband is doing (i.e., has he reformed).   Anyway, for some reason I am still pondering this post and hoping things are going well for this convert despite John and the drunken husband.

What is Biblically Born Again, as opposed to Garden Variety Born Again? Does this have something to do with that repentance thing? I have to give John credit. He continuously finds ways to stump this former IFB'er more than anyone else I've encountered. He rails against legalism and stills manages to re-brand the simplest concepts. It's fascinating.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived