IGNORED

John Shrader: Lyin' King - Part 7

Boogalou

I was thinking of Esther while I was watching Episode 8 of the most recent season of Call the Midwife today.   A barge owner's very pregnant wife had fainted while she was pumping water.  He's yelled at her to get a move on right before she fainted. The sisters and nurses of Nonnatus House helped the woman and she did give birth to a healthy baby girl during a gale on the barge with the assistance of Patsy.  This woman's husband was less of an asshole than John though.  He at least came to wife's aid when she fainted.  He was not a narcissist -just a bargie.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another Call the Midwife fan!

33 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

This woman's husband was less of an asshole than John though.

It is very, very, hard to be more of a narcissistic asshole than John Shrader.

Anyone know what's going on with John's brother Jace?  About a month or so ago it sounded as if he was going to rehab for drug issues, but now it appears he didn't go.  I worry about him since he sounds so isolated at times. 

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

I was thinking of Esther while I was watching Episode 8 of the most recent season of Call the Midwife today.   A barge owner's very pregnant wife had fainted while she was pumping water.  He's yelled at her to get a move on right before she fainted. The sisters and nurses of Nonnatus House helped the woman and she did give birth to a healthy baby girl during a gale on the barge with the assistance of Patsy.  This woman's husband was less of an asshole than John though.  He at least came to wife's aid when she fainted.  He was not a narcissist -just a bargie.

Completely off topic, but isn't Call The Midwife such a good show? British drama really knows how to do it. Unfortunately, PBS cuts out scenes when the air, and Netflix streaming doesn't have the full episodes, either. I just recently learned this, and now I have to get the discs from Netflix since they use the British discs that have the full episodes in tact.

Back to the topic, I so see the comparison between the couple on CTM and John and Esther. Though barge father was definitely less of an asshole than John.

57 minutes ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Anyone know what's going on with John's brother Jace?  About a month or so ago it sounded as if he was going to rehab for drug issues, but now it appears he didn't go.  I worry about him since he sounds so isolated at times. 

No.  I have a soft spot for John's brothers - who have obviously left Rick Shrader's version of fake Christianity in the dust and don't like John's escapades either.  They rallied around their sister.  Good for them.

I wish them well and leave them alone.  They are not promoting Fundyism and given Rick Shrader's assholery  - they are probably dealing with a lot.

1 hour ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

Completely off topic, but isn't Call The Midwife such a good show? British drama really knows how to do it. Unfortunately, PBS cuts out scenes when the air, and Netflix streaming doesn't have the full episodes, either. I just recently learned this, and now I have to get the discs from Netflix since they use the British discs that have the full episodes in tact.

Back to the topic, I so see the comparison between the couple on CTM and John and Esther. Though barge father was definitely less of an asshole than John.

The barge father was actually decent. He wanted his wife to book into the maternity home and the kids go. to school and fit it. 

Just now, EmiGirl said:

The barge father was actually decent. He wanted his wife to book into the maternity home and the kids go. to school and fit it. 

John Schrader would never allow that.

3 minutes ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

John Schrader would never allow that.

Not even when Hell freezes over would he allow that!

2 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

@Tim-Tom Biblethumper, I glad you brought this up.  I've been watching his FB posts and they've been very bizarre and scary.  I won't quote any of them since I'm not sure his page is public.  But yeah.  It sounds like something (drugs, psychological concerns, personal demons,  relationship problems, something else) has really hit him hard. :my_sad:

I kept waiting to see if John would generically ask for prayer for a family member but, of course, he only asks for prayer when it's either about him or when it seems to put him in a favorable light. Asking for prayer for Esther or for extended family does neither of those for St. John the Correct Baptist.

John not mentioning the passing of Esther ' s grandmother reflects poorly on him. He can post Tozer memes on the regular, complain about the general state of America and faith. Meanwhile he doesn't take time to post a meaningful post about the passing of a family member. Honestly his wife needs prayer not only when she is trying to deliver the "newest model." Also he could have used it to milk funds for his mission, which in hindsight we all can be thankful for.

29 minutes ago, infooverload said:

John not mentioning the passing of Esther ' s grandmother reflects poorly on him. He can post Tozer memes on the regular, complain about the general state of America and faith. Meanwhile he doesn't take time to post a meaningful post about the passing of a family member. Honestly his wife needs prayer not only when she is trying to deliver the "newest model." Also he could have used it to milk funds for his mission, which in hindsight we all can be thankful for.

Perhaps he didn't post anything because the grandmother was apparently Catholic? Or is it just the Duggars that think Catholics are evil?

7 hours ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

Perhaps he didn't post anything because the grandmother was apparently Catholic? Or is it just the Duggars that think Catholics are evil?

John thinks other Baptists are evil, pretty sure he thinks Catholics are straight up demonic liars. 

I feel really sorry for John's children. It has to be hard to grow up with a father like that who only sees you as a "Shrader model", not a person or individual. John has children, not because he loves children, but because he loves himself and wants to use these children to bring attention to himself. 

John's latest update on the baby, which is of course, mostly about him and how he is being "faked out" by his latest addition.

Zambian Time?

"I'm coming..."

Our latest addition seems to have already adopted the relaxed attitude towards time here in our mission field of Zambia.

A common phrase heard here is, "I'm coming."

The problem is, that could mean in the next few minutes, hours, or even days or weeks or months!

Our little guy "head faked" daddy out last time, but this coming Tuesday will be two weeks over the "guess date," according to the original estimate and the ultra-sound date.

32 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

according to the original estimate and the ultra-sound date.

At least now we know that they had an ultrasound. 

"Guess date"? Does he mean due date? Or do they not use the standard of first day of your period? It's such weird phrasing. 

Of course, no mention of Esther or how she is doing. All about John. 

What bothers me, more, though, is no one among his FB followers is asking how she's doing. Losers. 

*JUST because all kinds of contrary/ornery---can I get an AMEN from any available prayer corner?*---

Let's give it up to pregnant ladies, all kinds of backgrounds, that they may be safely delivered, and we can all go HOORAY! for healthy kids and healthy moms?

*Asking blessings on all wimmens in the blessed state of expectancy---may you be safe and have healthy children, and have joy and pleasure in their raising.*

i was about to go to his post and comment asking how Esther is... and found I have been de-friended by the Lyin' King. Boo! Luckily he leaves most of his drivel on the "public" setting. 

All snark aside, I really hope Esther is okay and that she has a safe delivery. I worry about her and the kids.

10 minutes ago, PopRox said:

i was about to go to his post and comment asking how Esther is... and found I have been de-friended by the Lyin' King. Boo! Luckily he leaves most of his drivel on the "public" setting. 

Welcome to the club!  What got you de-friended?  Did you:

Claim to know something he didn't?

Debate his magnificent intelligence?

Question him?

Ask about the plane?

Ask him to say "hi" to the Rea family?

Try to take the spotlight off of him?

Ask him how the language learning is going?

Ask about Esther...and not him?

Mention that Rea has a bigger printer?

Quote scripture from a modern translation?

Post a picture of yourself in shorts?

Mention that you have a seminary degree in theology?

Give away that you're the wrong brand of Christian?

Tell him you raise your hands in worship?

Post a YouTube link to Christian music with a back beat?

Remind him that Josh is his BIL?

Ask how many baptisms he's had this month?

Tell him the part in his hair was crooked in his last selfie?

Diss onTozer?

Ask him how much time he spends creating memes?

Tell him there's been a recall on the brand of freezer he has?

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

John's latest update on the baby, which is of course, mostly about him and how he is being "faked out" by his latest addition.

I can't make the quote work properly on my phone but the line in your quote formergothardite where John said that the little guy had "head faked"him (John) sounded slightly swear-ish to me.

What does "head faked" even mean?

3 minutes ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

What does "head faked" even mean?

Did the kid crown, suss out the situation and shoot back up the birth canal saying, "Nope, nope, nope, nope?". 

What an odd turn of phrase, but then nearly everything about John is odd.

So, is that a thing, a baby crowning, then putting it in reverse?  Does this mean Esther's walking around with her baby stuck en route for days on end?  Just 'cause I've given birth doesn't make me an expert so I gotta ask, is this even safe for the baby--if "stuck"--to not be making progress?  Just asking.  Not in hysterics...yet.

17 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

the little guy had "head faked"him (John) sounded slightly swear-ish to me.

Well 3/4 definitions on urban dictionary for "head fake" refer to blowjobs so you're not far off the mark ;)

@Gimme a Free RV 'Headfaked' according to urbandictionary means ""Being tricked by someone in such a way that in the end, you look very stupid ".

19 minutes ago, OnceUponATime said:

Well 3/4 definitions on urban dictionary for "head fake" refer to blowjobs so you're not far off the mark ;)

@Gimme a Free RV 'Headfaked' according to urbandictionary means ""Being tricked by someone in such a way that in the end, you look very stupid ".

Well, it wouldn't be difficult to "headfake" our Lyin' King, now, would it?  (He does such a thorough job all by his lonesome)

I read it as "psyched out." Or just "faked out." 

Then i realized I was trying to get into John Shrader's headspace and wept a little.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived