IGNORED

John Shrader: Lyin' King - Part 7

Boogalou

In the family picture that was posted in social media from the gathering at the grandmother's funeral, it shows a woman I believe to be Rebekah* sitting next to a man seemingly quite a bit older than she, with his arm around her waist.  Anyone know what's up?  Last I had heard, she was divorcing her husband--the father of her two girls.

*one of Esther's sisters

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone see this comment from John's post about his new tracts? 

printer1.PNG

I had a chuckle at his "other" missionary comment, but other than that, I hadn't realized there was lingering drama related to the printing equipment. The printer John is using is the same one they always had. I may be starting to buy into the theory that John can't use the plane because Rea has the keys :pb_lol:

8 hours ago, slickcat79 said:

Did anyone see this comment from John's post about his new tracts? 

printer1.PNG

I had a chuckle at his "other" missionary comment, but other than that, I hadn't realized there was lingering drama related to the printing equipment. The printer John is using is the same one they always had. I may be starting to buy into the theory that John can't use the plane because Rea has the keys :pb_lol:

I think John is probably especially bitter because he acted from the beginning, in newsletters, like that printer was his, when clearly it wasn't. And now Rea finally figured out how to get it to work properly and is happily printing away. It is no coincidence that the second Rea wrote and printed a tract that Shrader wrote and printed his "Truth Teller" that is pretty close to copying Rea's tract. John is angry and bitter about this whole thing. 

And I'm also leaning towards Rea having the plane keys. I bet the plane was donated like the printer was, to Team Zambia, so Rea got it. John is going to die if Rea ever brings it up on FB. One thing about Rea is that he does everything slowly and cautiously, it took him seven/eight months to get things ready to use the printer, and he didn't mention it before then. So the plane might be on his list of things to deal with. 

Did Daddy Shrader's church by John's new printer? 

We always wondered how John and David divided the spoils.  Indeed, it is very possible that David is also the "other" missionary who has the key to the plane, but AFAWK he can't fly it.

The Zambian Print Wars (already a post count title) are heating up!

There is also a rare sighting of the 3rd member of the now defunct Team Zambia in a comment on John's Facebook.  Cindy Marie was more closely tied to the Reas and was still fund-raising last we heard.

On 5/22/2016 at 7:09 PM, Gimme a Free RV said:

it shows a woman I believe to be Rebekah* sitting next to a man seemingly quite a bit older than she, with his arm around her waist.  Anyone know what's up?  

Josh McD is only one year older than Rebekah.  I think it was People that reported that they were getting a divorce last year but I can't find any proof the divorce was finalized.  Josh McD has also taken down his IBLPDetox page and  I hope he is still anti-Gothard.  Josh and Rebekah gave a lot of support to Suze when she left the fold.  I thought he was the best of Pa Keller's choices for his daughters - not that there is much competition.

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I think John is probably especially bitter because he acted from the beginning, in newsletters, like that printer was his, when clearly it wasn't. And now Rea finally figured out how to get it to work properly and is happily printing away. It is no coincidence that the second Rea wrote and printed a tract that Shrader wrote and printed his "Truth Teller" that is pretty close to copying Rea's tract.

Do you get your Rea updates from his FB page? Are you his friend? Seems like I can never find new info on him.

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Did Daddy Shrader's church by John's new printer?

I really don't think so. I remember him telling a story about grifting money from one of the churches he visited. He spoke to the pastor about needing $3K to buy a printer and ship it to Zambia, but then realized he would need more than twice that much to get one that would actually run in Zambia. The congregation ended up getting him $6100, which I thought went to buy his current machine. I compared the new pic against the older one when they first set the printer up in the crazy landlady's house, and if it's not the same machine it's an identical model. Maybe they only intended to use that printer until Rea brought the industrial equipment? 

14 minutes ago, slickcat79 said:

Maybe they only intended to use that printer until Rea brought the industrial equipment?

I want to know what happened to the giant paper cutter too ...

I am not his friend, but I do have a friend who recently did friend him, so I don't know if that is why I can see his FB page now. Up until the person I knew friended Rea, I have never been able to see his page. Can anyone else see Rea's page? 

The printer Rea has(that John originally acted like it belonged to him) is HUGE. He posted a ton of videos about unloading it and trying to set it up. Rea never, at any point seems to have addressed the falling out between him and John. I would love to hear his side. I do wonder if it has to do with John's attitude that he can do whatever he wants whenever he wants to with little thought to the consequences. Rea is very, very careful about making sure that all his ducks are in a row and his is getting everything done correctly. 

I love the "Rea has the airplane key" theory.  It's totally plausible and if true, is why John won't talk about it.

He REALLY needs to stop taking jabs at Rea and get over his bitterness.  He isn't practicing what he supposedly preaches.  Carrying a grudge and not forgiving isn't biblical, John.  You can't argue with me on that one now, can you?

4 minutes ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

I love the "Rea has the airplane key" theory.  It's totally plausible and if true, is why John won't talk about it.

He REALLY needs to stop taking jabs at Rea and get over his bitterness.  He isn't practicing what he supposedly preaches.  Carrying a grudge and not forgiving isn't biblical, John.  You can't argue with me on that one now, can you?

He would. :laughing-jumpingpurple: I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to spin it as him speaking out against a false prophet or something like that. 

Rea also managed to get a piano to Zambia without breaking it. Rea makes John look especially incompetent. 

Was just over on FB looking at Rea's page.  If you scroll down a bit, you'll see plenty of pictures/videos of their printer.  It's huge!  Reminded me slightly of the counterfeiting machinery Leo DeCaprio had in France in "Catch Me If You Can."

When I read Rea's posts, though, it really IS a printing war with John and his and John's posts sound so much alike, sadly.

3 hours ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

Was just over on FB looking at Rea's page.  If you scroll down a bit, you'll see plenty of pictures/videos of their printer.  It's huge!  Reminded me slightly of the counterfeiting machinery Leo DeCaprio had in France in "Catch Me If You Can."

When I read Rea's posts, though, it really IS a printing war with John and his and John's posts sound so much alike, sadly.

Posh toilet paper for the good folk of Kafue. During the war and at times of depression people in Britain cut old newspaper up into neat squares to hang on a hook in the Loo. 

The supermarkets in the Kafue area stock everything we would expect to find. Sadly a lot of locals won't be able to afford items like super soft loo roll. John and the Rea family are both providing a service for the poorer people in their areas. Without even realising it.

John is a real missionary at last. Doing something practical to help his flock.

Ivery looked but I have never seen what happened. Did shrader get kicked off of team zambia? Was this a public breakuo? Also, what happened to make him lose support from some churches ? All I could find was mentions of repentance and works.

1 hour ago, EmiGirl said:

Ivery looked but I have never seen what happened. Did shrader get kicked off of team zambia? Was this a public breakuo? Also, what happened to make him lose support from some churches ? All I could find was mentions of repentance and works.

All we know of it is based on Shrader's comments, because no one else involved has said anything about it. Supposedly:

-Shrader believes strongly that asking for God's forgiveness is a requirement to be saved/receive Grace. He spouts Bible verses to back himself up.

-Rea and several of the supporting churches take the POV that "asking for forgiveness" should be considered a Work, and believing that people must be saved by works is a very Catholic belief and a HUGE no-no for the Baptist crowd

-Shrader firmly denies that asking forgiveness is a work, and refuses to back down from his position. Rea and most of the sending churches (including his sponsor church!) break off support under the guise that Shrader is teaching works-based salvation and they totally will not support that.

Now, I get that faith-based vs. works-based salvation is a BFD, but overall the whole issue seems like a mountain out of a molehill. It is possible (and I kind of hope) that the sending churches just got tired of Shrader squandering all their money, and just told him it was because of the forgiveness issue. I want to believe that they were more bothered by Shrader's selfish, lying, con-man ways than a minor point of doctrine, but considering they were willing to give him money in the first place, I'm not sure what's really true.

11 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I am not his friend, but I do have a friend who recently did friend him, so I don't know if that is why I can see his FB page now. Up until the person I knew friended Rea, I have never been able to see his page. Can anyone else see Rea's page?

My sock went on a friending spree, and now I can see his stuff too.

Esther must be so miserable. She's more than a week overdue. I really feel for her, dealing with 10 children (John is included) in such difficult conditions and being about to go into labour at any time...

I hope Esther is okay, and has a safe delivery and a healthy baby. Hasn't she done this before? We probably wont find much information out from John because he is too narcissistic to post much about his wife and kids, who are way more interesting than his sad attempts at being a missionary.

From his FB page (with my bolded annotations):

"FUN"  :pb_rollseyes: with an ETERNAL PURPOSE! 

The GREATEST part of our Youth Outreach (12 and older) is the "Bible Football" (soccer--I have to explain that to you numbskulls who don't possess the cultural eliteness and understanding I do). We spend one. full. hour. of the three hours together :pb_eek:  on this Bible quiz and challenge!

Every week the Youth study the next chapter in their "John and Romans" booklet, then I come up with between 33-38 questions, :my_cry: some of them BONUS--woohoo *yawn*--and even TRIPLE BONUS *triple yawn* questions! (Of course, they might cheat by feeding each others the answers in their own language...which John doesn't understand.)

They also get points for their team for memorizing one or both verses assigned each week. :pb_rollseyes:

Answering correctly advances and/or blocks the other team, with the goal to get the "ball" into the other team's "net." (Drawn on the Whiteboard) Much more fun than correct Baptists should be allowed to have.

It's great competitive fun, according to the Shrader dictionary definition of "fun" and most importantly, it gets them into the Word of God, for "Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God." Romans 10:17 Fun in the King James language!  I'm about to wet myself.

Please pray with us for the eternal souls of many of these precious young men and women, who need to receive Christ. We always close the afternoon with a challenge from the Word of God. John, I have several challenges for you from the Word of God that deal with working, being humble, not grumbling, forgiving, etc.

Bro. John Shrader 
Zambia

OH, yeah!  and...

with Esther Shrader ...who is due to deliver OUR baby any day now and is in great discomfort at home, taking care of our other eleventy children, preparing meals, doing laundry, changing diapers and all that womenfolk work while I get to have FUN! FUN! FUN! teaching these young Zambians how to speak King James English with my fake Zambian accent.  By the way, did I mention that "football" means "soccer" here?  I betcha didn't know that, did you?  (Oh, and don't worry about Esther.  She's fine.  She's a real trooper.)

I don't even think I would last 3 seconds with John Schrader, let alone 3 hours. And this bible soccer thing does not sound like fun at all.

Esther will be in my thoughts. I hope all goes well for her. I don't think any Quiverfull women have it easy (except maybe Michelle Duggar who hands most, if not all, responsibility off to Jana and Jinger), but I think Esther really is getting the short end of the stick here. I hope she has someone competent with her when the time comes.

20 hours ago, ILoveJellybeans said:

I hope Esther is okay, and has a safe delivery and a healthy baby. Hasn't she done this before? We probably wont find much information out from John because he is too narcissistic to post much about his wife and kids, who are way more interesting than his sad attempts at being a missionary.

Also, his posts are always dripping with drama because it increases the likelihood of more prayer$. I think last time he claimed she was in active labor for something like 2 weeks, while he was occupied with a juice cleanse.

I also wonder about the quality of Esther's prenatal care. I know they have a midwife, but really that could mean anything, especially since a belief in the right sort of god would definitely take precedence over actual medical training for them. If she's never had a scan and her cycle was never that regular, they could be off on due dates to begin with.

There has been a SEVERE lack of pictures of these weekly three hour* Youth Outreach meetings. The first one he posted pictures of, but after that he just talks about how amazing it all is. Who wants to bet that the attendance is down? 

*Three hours with John. :shock:

51 minutes ago, slickcat79 said:

Also, his posts are always dripping with drama because it increases the likelihood of more prayer$. I think last time he claimed she was in active labor for something like 2 weeks, while he was occupied with a juice cleanse.

HAHAHAHA what?! A juice cleanse, seriously? Who is this buffoon? 

5 minutes ago, VodouDoll said:

HAHAHAHA what?! A juice cleanse, seriously? Who is this buffoon? 

Yes, a juice cleanse. While his wife was in labor and his kids were crammed in a pop-up camper. There is a picture on this post. At this same time he also spent a lot of money buying himself vitamins. He posted a picture of all the stuff he bought, but I can't find that one. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived