IGNORED

Rupaul's Drag Race

StarrieEyedKat

She really went off the rails, it was disappointing. I'm still 100% Team Katya, but I do have theories about the elimination order going forward.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
She really went off the rails, it was disappointing. I'm still 100% Team Katya, but I do have theories about the elimination order going forward.

Do tell, I'm all ears!

Do tell, I'm all ears!

I think Trixie, Violet and Ginger will be top 3, with Katya taking 4th and Miss Congeniality. Kennedy 5th, and Miss Fame 6th. Just guesses though!

I think Miss Fame may get Miss Congeniality. Even though she rests on pretty, she's been down to earth in the workroom. I'm still pulling for Ginger to take the crown.

• 2 weeks later...
I think Miss Fame may get Miss Congeniality. Even though she rests on pretty, she's been down to earth in the workroom. I'm still pulling for Ginger to take the crown.

Woo! My girl Katya didn't get eliminated! Now I think Pearl may be the next to go. I totally agree Fame could take Miss Congeniality. I would be fine with Ginger, Violet, or Katya taking the crown. They're all great in their own way.

I am so disappointed that Katya is gone! Seriously, her antics, personality, fierceness, and gaping vagina will be so devastatingly absent. Here's to you, Mom... :worship:

I'm pretty much convinced Violet will be the winner. She hasn't lip synced at all, has been on the top more than anyone, and is consistently serving amazingness on the runway. I wasn't a huge fan of her's at first, but she's definitely grown on me. She's sweeter than it seemed at first, and she even said on Untucked that she began the season with a big "game face" on and that likely turned the other queens against her.

That being said, I'd love to see any of the remaining queens win. They are all amazing in their own ways and I don't dislike any of them. Now that Mom is gone :( I don't have a "favorite" so any of these fierce ladies can take the crown and I'll be happy.

I was sad to see Katya go, too. She grew on me over these last few weeks. I thought Pearl should have been on the bottom. I'm surprised neither Santino nor Michelle clocked her for the length of that blanket dress. I generally like this top 4. Violet got off on the wrong foot. She didn't read the room before launching into her biting snark. With more maturity and experience, she'll learn that going all in with strangers will alienate them. I do want to see her lip synch though.

I do want to see her lip synch though.

Oh my gosh yes. Not just so it's not a repeat of last year when Bianca didn't lip sync either, but lip syncing is a huge part of drag! So America's Next Drag SuperstarTM should have to show that they can turn out. Plus I really want to see what Ms. Violet can throw down. :dance:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm now officially team Violet. I think pearl is interesting, but lacks the it factor to take the crown. Ginger is hilarious and would do a great job as winner but she lacks the polish. But honestly, I'm heartbroken over Katya. She's my all-time favorite.

Max as Sharon Needles, totally bombed Snatch Game. Her impersonation was a dud. Then she was really odd on the runway after removing her corset then sitting down to sing DURING judging when all the queens were lined up.

According to twitter, the girls often take breaks when the camera isn't on them, while the judges are talking to another girl. (The judges question/comment in the main stage lasts for hours.) Max loosened a too tight corset while the judges were talking to someone else. Ru asked Max to sing a few bars from Somewhere Over the Rainbow to calm her down. Max decided to sing a different doing instead. Since it was during a break, Max never thought it would be on TV. Shady editing.

I was Katya fan from episode 1. Max grew on me and was briefly my favorite. I was also a little intrigued by Trixie's aesthetic.

I guess I'm Team Violet, by default now since none of my favorites made it to the top 3.

Who are your top 5 all time favorites? I would have to say Katya, Latrice Royale, Yara Sofia, Ben DelaCreme, and Willam.

My favorite queens are:

RuPaul

Nina Flowers

Shannel

Willam

Jujubee

Raven

Raja

Latrice Royale

Alexis Mateo

Ginger Minj

I can't narrow it down to five. I love pageant girls, body, and queens who can beat face.

The dress Bianca wore to the finale is amazing.

I laughed at the #recrowntheclown trend.

This season was just eh to me, imho. But I loved the John Waters episode.

Violet won. I figured that it was between her and Ginger. I thought that Violet usually looked perfect and she came across as having terrific self confidence. I was also glad to see Katya win Miss Congeniality. I love Kayta's "Ruflections" videos.

Ok, so last Friday night in Boston there was a Katya/Kennedy lip sync re-match, which I happened to be in town for, and... this happened.

y522wSG.jpg

It was a fan-girl dream come true. Oh, and I just watched the finale and I'm pretty happy with how things turned out!

Great pic!

I was rooting for hometown girl, Ginger. I reckon she'll be on the next All-Stars.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Anyone else a fan? Let's talk about it! I just watched the premier of Season 8. Early favorites are Naomi Smalls and Bob the Drag Queen. I want to like Robbie Turner but she really showed poorly this episode. I think Acid Betty is going to be the Detox of this season- a good performer but not particularly easy to like.

It seems like this season will be better than the past few.  The show was getting too repetitive and predictable.  I usually don't form any opinions until a few episodes into the season, but I also usually root for the underdogs.  I wasn't a huge fan of Bianca...  I wonder why she was the only Queen who could not make it for the photo shoot in the first episode??

The Rupaul drag queen tour is coming through a city near me.  It is killing me.  I want to go so badly, but with my kids and such it won't happen.

• 4 weeks later...

For this season, I think Derek Barry needs to step up her game or be the next one to be eliminated. I think the final four will come done to Thorgy, Betty, Bob, Naomi (alternately Chi Chi or Kim Chi).  

On 4/3/2016 at 8:09 PM, FloraKitty35 said:

For this season, I think Derek Barry needs to step up her game or be the next one to be eliminated. I think the final four will come done to Thorgy, Betty, Bob, Naomi (alternately Chi Chi or Kim Chi).  

I hope ChiChi makes it to top 3.

Bye Betty.  I thought Snatch Game was dominated by Bob, Chi Chi, Thorgy, & Kim Chi. Derek gave a decent performance.  Naomi is boring (to me).  Robbie always seems to second guess herself and comes off like she's in Jinkx or Ben DeLaCreme's respective shadows. 

• 2 weeks later...

Robbie's elimination wasn't a surprise.  ChiChi's dress was awful.  If the bodice was more cinched, it might have been better, but her whining about it being hot glued and not sewn was pathetic.  Ben DeLaCreme hot glue an awesome dress in season 6 and Tyra Sanchez was hot gluing accessories onto her body during the season 2 bridal challenge. I figure ChiChi and/or Derrick will be next.  At this time, Bob seems to be the one to beat.  

Archived