IGNORED

No Hustle Russell (formerly Sarah Jane)

Boogalou

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I can read it right with the "two grandchildren", I don't recall any other siblings having kids. Yes, it COULD be a cousin or Rose.

7 hours ago, Jingerbread said:

http://www.h-p-w.com/?p=9750

Interesting, in the comments, someone sends condolences for Tammy on the passing of her father, but all I see are a couple sons listed.

Russell Sr. had a marriage prior to his marriage with Russell and Darrin's mom. The marriage produced a daughter although it was never proven who the father was, since Russell Sr. was deployed during the pregnancy. Wife and Russell Sr. went their separate ways. The daughter reappeared when she was in her late teens/early 20's and Russell Sr. accepted her into the family without question. I'm guessing that is who "Tammy" is. 

Yes, I do recall somewhere in Rusty's posts that his father has been married before. They just don't talk about her that much.

Not sure who he’s trying to warn/threaten here:

“There are severe penalties for Social Security card fraud and disability fraud. Felony criminal penalties can be up to $250,000 in fines and/or up to five years jail time. On top of the criminal penalties, there may be civil penalties as well.”

https://www.facebook.com/russandlauren/posts/10206114363198405?pnref=story

If Lauren gets SS disability, he has probably convinced himself that her mother is using it fraudulently (in his mind, perhaps not using the funds specifically for Lauren). Of course, if HE was getting Laurens SS payment each month I doubt he'd have a problem justifying his use of it.

Or maybe someone messed with his dads SS claim.

I am very, very sorry his dad passed away but it doesn't change the fact that Russell is still a little shit.

Comes to find out that "Tammy" was not his legitimate daughter. Until the DNA test can prove otherwise and Russell Sr's name is NOT on the BC, then she has NO foundation of getting ANYTHING from the father. None!

I hate funerals...they bring out the worse in people in most cases! Emotions running HIGH and stupidity runs rampant.

21 minutes ago, EweSheep said:

Comes to find out that "Tammy" was not his legitimate daughter. Until the DNA test can prove otherwise and Russell Sr's name is NOT on the BC, then she has NO foundation of getting ANYTHING from the father. None!

I hate funerals...they bring out the worse in people in most cases! Emotions running HIGH and stupidity runs rampant.

It's not that easy.  If Sr. accepted her as his legitimate daughter, and there's circumstantial evidence, then she may be legally entitled to a share of his estate if there as no will, even without a DNA test.  If there's a will, then that's going to trump everything else.  But does the man even have assets worth fighting over?

I have yet to go to a funeral where there wasn't drama.  

I doubt Russell Sr has anything worth fighting over. I hope for the sake of everyone who loved him that the funeral is drama free, especially for Laurens sake as Russell apparently isn't even telling her about her grandfather passing until the day of. Whoever Tammy may be, Russell can choose to fan the flames of drama or ignore and rise above it.

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

Not sure who he’s trying to warn/threaten here:

“There are severe penalties for Social Security card fraud and disability fraud. Felony criminal penalties can be up to $250,000 in fines and/or up to five years jail time. On top of the criminal penalties, there may be civil penalties as well.”

https://www.facebook.com/russandlauren/posts/10206114363198405?pnref=story

Looks like he's going after Tammy, who is probably his half-sister.  According to the posts, their/his father denied the parentage "to her face," which may give us a hint as to where Russ gets his charming personality.  Her mom was married to R's dad, but he doesn't even know how long they were married.  

Way to lose all the sympathy you'd temporarily gained, Russell.  Go on and act like the shit you are to the other people grieving during this time.  

Bah!  I was feeling sorry for him until I checked in on FB and this thread.  My dad is gone, too, and I know how hard that is, but DAMN.  Try not to be a giant asshole to everyone else while mourning, FFS.

5 minutes ago, MakeitSew said:

I doubt Russell Sr has anything worth fighting over. I hope for the sake of everyone who loved him that the funeral is drama free, especially for Laurens sake as Russell apparently isn't even telling her about her grandfather passing until the day of. Whoever Tammy may be, Russell can choose to fan the flames of drama or ignore and rise above it.

And THIS!  Who waits until they are taking the child to the FUNERAL to inform them of the death?  Sometimes ignorance and evil are pretty closely aligned.  

1 hour ago, MakeitSew said:

Well-said. Russell knows Lauren better than we do, but I have to question the wisdom of telling a child that her grandfather is dead just before she is taken to his funeral. It seems as if that would compound the trauma. Lauren is an intelligent 10-year old, not a toddler.

Since the family has had to appeal to the public for burial funds, it seems extremely unlikely that Russell Sr. has left much of a material legacy for anyone. However, in my experience, it doesn't matter if someone has something worth fighting over. Grief manifests itself in a myriad of ways, and the aftermath of a death is fertile ground for irrational and selfish behavior. My extended family includes a cousin who spent some time in jail for stabbing another cousin with a screwdriver over the disputed ownership of our great-grandfather's taxidermied deer head.

I hear you @SolomonFundy My grandparents always subscribed to their weekly hometown paper. My favorite was the front page picture of one cousin being arrested by another cousin (his uncle, i think)

The Tammy named in Russell's latest rant has a public facebook page, where she says Russell has been texting numerous friends and lying about her. This is sad all around. 

I was very close to Lauren's age when my parents told me of my beloved grandmother's death. Yes it was hard, I cried and grieved over the loss and went to the visitation and funeral, asking all kinds of questions about death, why her and not the mean one, how they prepared the body....my parents shield me until that day. Looking back, I am so glad I was told beforehand. I think most of the time we  can prepare for the unexpected deaths in family to our youngest kids but I don't think its a good idea to spring on them on the day of funeral. I am pretty sure that Lauren's mom already told Lauren of her grandpa's death and a funeral will be held.

@EweSheep I can really sympathize with your experience. I was just a little younger than Lauren when I first experienced the death of a grandparent. My grandma died in the night and I woke up and heard my mom talking on the phone to relatives, so found out that way. My parents told me the next day and didn't know I already knew. They were very respectful of my wishes to NOT attend the funeral or visitation. Even now, decades later, I have never been to visit my grandma's grave. I am glad now that my last memories of her were of her alive, full of fun and smiling and hugging me. That's how I remember her. 

Anyway, for me as a child at least, I NEEDED time to process what happened, to be alone and to grieve in the ways I needed to grieve. I would have been absolutely traumatized if I had hopped in the car with  my parents one afternoon and asked "where are we going?" to only be told my grandma had died and we were on the way to her funeral. . .

14 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

My extended family includes a cousin who spent some time in jail for stabbing another cousin with a screwdriver over the disputed ownership of our great-grandfather's taxidermied deer head.

And if anyone ever needed absolute proof I'm going straight to non-existent hell, it's the fact that after 10 minutes I am STILL laughing at this.

Kids are pretty resilient and they seem to take it much better than adults do. 

I think Lauren's mom has the best interest at heart for Lauren. Whatever the mom says, it goes. I am sure she would allow Lauren to go to the funeral IF she feels that Lauren is capable and Lauren wants to see her grandpa for the final time. It's all up to Lauren.

Yes, I agree! My main thought was that it could be pretty traumatic for if Russell broke the news to her while they're on their way out the door to the cemetery. I agree Laurens mom definitely has Laurens best interests at heart.

Russ posted something on Facebook about Social Security card fraud. Someone left a question mark as a comment and Russell said that Tammy is demanding to be recognized as Russ Senior's daughter. He says she is "fucking with his funeral." He said there was a divorce hearing where Russ Senior was proved not to be the father.

That's terrible, to have to deal with this kind of drama when his father just passed away.

Russ finally told Lauren about her grandfather's passing when he came to pick her up today. At least she will have a full day to grieve. She took it like a trooper and proud of her!

They got good plans for the remembrance!

This Tammy person may be up to no good, I have no idea, but I still do not understand why Russell has to give everyone a play by play of every ounce of drama in his life, especially nine regards to his father's passing. 

Russell needs to learn to keep some things off Facebook. Even if this Tammy person is a jerk and trying to cause trouble, it is hard to give Russell the benefit of the doubt when he has shown not be very truthful himself. 

Ah, I found it.  Looks like she has lost a lot of weight.  There's a photo of her where she does bear quite a resemblance to Russell, but that could just be the weight.  I feel bad for her on the assumption that her mother may have told her that Mr. DeJaynes was her father her entire life.  The real father may have abandoned her and the fictional father all she had.  Tough spot for a kid.

On 3/18/2016 at 7:31 PM, amandaaries said:

Who waits until they are taking the child to the FUNERAL to inform them of the death?  Sometimes ignorance and evil are pretty closely aligned.  

I will place a bet for $10 that Russell doesn't want Lauren's mom to be the one to help console her, and he wants to be the good guy who is there for her.

7 hours ago, season of life said:

He said there was a divorce hearing where Russ Senior was proved not to be the father.

I want to know how it was proven.  DNA testing wasn't used before the mid-80's.

http://www.dw.com/en/from-paternity-to-criminal-cases-dna-fingerprinting-has-been-30-years-of-eureka/a-17911987

8 minutes ago, Jingerbread said:

I will place a bet for $10 that Russell doesn't want Lauren's mom to be the one to help console her, and he wants to be the good guy who is there for her.

I want to know how it was proven.  DNA testing wasn't used before the mid-80's.

http://www.dw.com/en/from-paternity-to-criminal-cases-dna-fingerprinting-has-been-30-years-of-eureka/a-17911987

Russ didn't specify how. He said Tammy's mom and Russ's dad knew who the real father was. Maybe they got a confession from the biological father? Or Russ's first wife admitted she had sex with someone else while Russ was gone?

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived