IGNORED

No Hustle Russell (formerly Sarah Jane)

Boogalou

28 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

I think that forcible detainer usually refers to a situation where a tenant has been found in a rental property after legal eviction. I'm not savvy in the ways of searching for legal proceedings, so I'm not sure what specifically EweSheep is alluding to.

Ahh I see. It reads like he was to be forcibly detained somewhere....but I have no clue as I'm not American.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://judici.com/courts/cases/case_information.jsp?court=IL090015J&ocl=IL090015J,2016LM106,IL090015JL2016LM106D1

If the tenant is being evicted for not paying rent on time, the landlord must give the tenant five days' notice to pay the rent (this is called a notice to quit or notice to pay rent or quit). If the tenant does not pay the rent within the five days, then the landlord can proceed with filing an eviction lawsuit, also known as a forcible entry and detainer suit in Illinois (see 735 Ill. Comp. Stat. § 5/9-209).

He is being evicted. So he has to pay up the rental fees. That is why he is clearing out his apartment.

Yep. Also, it is actually illegal for a landlord to evict a tenant (go into the dwelling and physically remove the tenants belongings, even if the tenant has obviously left the dwelling). Only a sherrif can physically remove an evicted tenant after a judge has ordered it. The process can take up to a month or longer from what I understand.

It's always sad to see a pile of belongings out in front of a house because of an eviction. Sometimes it's just a few obvious discards, but at other times there are things someone must have wanted but may not have been able to remove. All too often, kids' furniture, clothes, and toys are visible in the detritus.

Yeah, it's where the tenant refuses to leave after a certain amount of time. Reasons are irrelevant.

Way to go, Russ. Just keep rackin' 'em up. 

I hope Lauren was able to take her belongings that she wanted to keep and that they weren't just tossed or sold with everything else. Thank God she has a stable home with her mother. I can't imagine, as a child, seeing my father quit his job and lose his/our home, all because he didn't want to work in with people he didn't like. I fortunately never had to deal with that though since my dad frequently worked at least one part time job on top of his full time job in order to provide well for his family.

Edited to add: Looks like today was Rose's birthday. David posted a nice picture of her on his FB. Russ did absolutely nothing about establishing paternity for the past year. At least she has someone to call "daddy". 

Gotta wonder if he didn't actually quit, but perhaps was fired and can't bring himself to tell people.  His employer is not allowed to disclose that.  Probably not at the new job long enough to collect much in unemployment...and sometimes, you can't collect at all, depending on why you got fired.  My brother in law got terminated after being caught a second time uploading naughtiness on his shared work computer.  No unemployment benefits for him, no sir.

While I'm always inclined to think the worst of Russell, I'd probably guess that he truly quit. He controls what he posts on Facebook, and his version of reality changes with each passing bid for attention, but I do remember a slow lead-up of posts that back up his claims of quitting. He didn't feel appreciated (though he received a few small awards for good work), and he did announce that he planned to quit about a week before the "work" pictures dried up. It's entirely possible that he was informed that he'd be let go on a certain day (some employers do that so that the employee can start the job search early), or that the work photos were staged after he was fired/dismissed, but I do tend to think it was real. Since when does Russ pass up the chance to whine about all of the hardships other people perpetrate upon him? Being fired is much easier to spin into a "Woe Is I" story than voluntarily quitting.

2 hours ago, ellacinders said:

Gotta wonder if he didn't actually quit, but perhaps was fired and can't bring himself to tell people.  His employer is not allowed to disclose that.  Probably not at the new job long enough to collect much in unemployment...and sometimes, you can't collect at all, depending on why you got fired.  My brother in law got terminated after being caught a second time uploading naughtiness on his shared work computer.  No unemployment benefits for him, no sir.

He did quit. He said so in several FB posts that are now 'gone. Apparently, being a driver for rent-a-center or the like was too toxic for Mr. DeJaynes. No unemployment. There has been speculation that he's been living on tax returns and/or money from his father's death. 

Whatever he's doing, it ain't working. I totally get needing to make a life change, leap, take a chance. Russ, however, doesn't see it that way. He doesn't take chances. He leaps and expects to be caught. No plan B, no precautions, no...nothing. Just Russ being Russ.

I feel terrible for his daughters. They have to live their entire lives knowing who they came from. How painful that must be. 

No one is perfect and no one lives without risk. Russ, however, is just plain stupid, lazy, pathetic...

There's a video up of Lauren. She seems like such a sweet, bright, and funny little girl. Makes me even more annoyed with how much of a dingbat her father is. 

On 4/23/2016 at 0:34 PM, nausicaa said:

There's a video up of Lauren. She seems like such a sweet, bright, and funny little girl. Makes me even more annoyed with how much of a dingbat her father is. 

Yes she is adorable!

And looks like she went camping with her dad! Have to be some fun times going on over the weekend!

Well at least it's summer and he can present camping as an adventure to Lauren rather than her dad is homeless. Everything I've seen about her mom says if he puts Lauren in danger she'll bar him from seeing her.

IF his stories were to be believed, he was promoted to a management position and out of delivery truck driver just as he lost his driver's license. Not at all sure I believe his stories of how he lost his license because Lauren's mom was paying for a cab service that tracked him for see real months around that time, which honestly makes me suspect it was DUI related and not lack of insurance as he claimed at all.

I don't know if he quit or not. I suspect he probably did. They took his promotion back because of whatever the legal issues were, and he was hot to trot.

Rose was conceived within a legal marriage and Russell never attempted to establish paternity, whereas David has claimed her from day one. Perhaps David is just the kind of stubborn Aspie who needs a brick to the head to get behaviors that are unacceptable for those you claim to love. I've got two like that whom I have been proactively working with since they were little because without learning empathy deliberately, they would have grown up to be absolute asses and never grasp that was what they were being to others. I know David considers the speculation that he is Aspie offensive, but given several of the boys are on the spectrum and ASD is one of the highly inheritable conditions, and I see no evidence Sarah Jane is anywhere on the spectrum, it explains David quite a bit and definitely would indicate he is not doomed to always be who and what he was at that low point in his life. Highly intelligent Aspies do not stagnate and never learn social skills. Rather, our social skills take longer to develop but by 30s and 40s we can typically blend in entirely with normal society IF that is our goal.

(Sorry, very sick, didn't mean to write a wall of text!)

Sadly, Lauren has been homeless before - with her mother. Although we know she worked her ass off to change that. But, I doubt seriously that Lauren is in the dark about her father's living circumstances; she knows homelessness, she's lived it. She was younger then and may not have clear memories, but she isn't blind to what is going on. She'll also, no doubt, see the difference between someone who wants to change their circumstances (her mother) and someone who would rather whine and blame the universe for picking on him.

He seems to want to present a picture to the world of being totally carefree and happy go lucky. Gotta have that phone card so you can watch the Walking Dead on your phone under the stars, even though you don't have a roof to put over your childs head. It's so handy that he can just decide to not be a responsible, mature adult, to blithely pack up his things and camp out on the beach of the Illinois river where crime and filth both abound in that area. I am so thankful Lauren has her mom. I applaud Kindall for being both Mom AND Dad to her daughter. Russ has obviously. . .failed. And what's worse, he doesn't seem to care. At all.  

If it is a campground, a free wifi would work for him to use internet. And how would he get electricity if he is having the "no electrical" outlets on the camp spot? Maybe while he is taking showers, he would be able to charge his batteries. Or be friendly with other campers and ask them if they mind charging his phones up.

He could also charge his phone in his car. Considering he has unpaid court fees I wonder if he did actually get a tax return. How is he surviving? It shouldn't surprise me but I still find it hard to understand why he'd quit a job he seemed to be reasonably successful at and completely stop trying to provide for himself and his daughter. Its been a few months now since he quit - has he really been able to find nothing since then? Has he even tried?

39 minutes ago, MakeitSew said:

He could also charge his phone in his car. Considering he has unpaid court fees I wonder if he did actually get a tax return. How is he surviving? It shouldn't surprise me but I still find it hard to understand why he'd quit a job he seemed to be reasonably successful at and completely stop trying to provide for himself and his daughter. Its been a few months now since he quit - has he really been able to find nothing since then? Has he even tried?

Would his tax return even be that large? Isn't the average tax return about $900? He didn't have any major changes in 2015 that would give him a large return (since, afaik, he is not recognized as Rose's father). He also doesn't seem like the sort of person (with the ability to delay gratification enough) to not list himself as a dependent in order to get a larger return at the end of the year. 

And no, it doesn't seem that he has looked for a job at all. Very strange. I wouldn't be surprised if working in a fast food restaurant is beneath Russell and I really don't know how many other jobs there are in the area with his work history and lack of skills. 

Don't know what their divorce decree says about claiming the child for taxes has to say but camping is cheap, depending where you go, even in a friend's backyard out in the country would do. I am sure he is living off from food stamps but they don't give you much......but I do know you will get the max allowed for a single person and food pantries. However he woudl have to get ice for perishables in his cooler, etc.

I forgot about charging cords in cars for cell phones, etc. DUH moment!

I'm pretty sure he doesn't get to claim Lauren for tax purposes. She lives the majority of the time at her mothers house and her mom and Russ were never married so, no messy divorce and fights about claiming dependents. I think usually the general rule is whomever the child lives with the majority of the year can claim the child. Sometimes in a shared parenting plan parents can choose to alternate the years they claim the child. I doubt kindall and Russ have this arrangement, however.

Rose has never lived with Russ, nor does he pay cs to SJ. He is not legally recognized as her father and has no legal grounds to claim her.

Campground rates in that area vary between $10-$25 night. Of course there are secluded places where people can squat for a few nights and then move on to a different location. There are a few local parks that offer free camping for residents if you get permission from the park.

I'm pretty sure camping was just a "fun" thing for them. I'd almost bet the brother who he bashed for being gay turned around and let him move in with him.

There are no records for dui for Russ. If I remember correctly, he wasn't losing his license... he was losing his ability to drive for the company because he got 3 tickets in a year. But he got one thrown out, so they took him back... until he quit. :-/

I don't think Russ lost his lic due to DUI but if you do not have insurance on your car, you CAN get your license suspended or lose them if repeated offender, until you pay the fines off. With speeding ticket, with out an insurance, he probably is having a hard time finding insurance due to high cost or insurance don't want to deal with him. 

The court can decide what to do with him. If you can search for Knox, Tazewell and Woodford County courthouse websites, you can find a lot on Russ but you have to sort thru EACH case to make sure which Russ is which because his dad got into trouble a few times as well.

Where I live, we have campgrounds that charge as little as $3 a night for 'car' camping.  I bet Russ is mooching off his brother, but posts the camping photos to encourage "oh...he's homeless now" sympathy.  And so Lauren doesn't report to Mom that he actually does have a place to live.

Additionally, he's posting his "ain't it great to have a good chiropractor" to encourage "oh, look how hard he's had to work in his life, and now he cannot, because he is in pain" sympathy.  And promote a legitimate reason as to why he quit his job.

I don't buy any of it.  

If Russell is living with his brother, he better be kissing the ground that guy walks on, because Darrin shows a far more Christian attitude and Christ-like forgiveness than most, certainly far more than Russ himself has ever shown to anyone, except himself. 

So. . .he works as a delivery driver. He hauls heavy stuff for a few years. He injures his shoulders. Understandable. However, he was promoted in late summer to an office job. Account manager.  Phone calls and paperwork.  And then he. . .quits.

I've got a feeling that no job will ever work out for Russ, because I think when it comes down to it,, Russ simply doesn't like being told what to do.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived