IGNORED

Armed Protesters take over Oregon Federal Wildlife Refuge Part 2

Boogalou

15 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

After occupation, Oregon's Malheur wildlife refuge is returning to 'a new normal'

Good article, but these communities are still in for a rough ride.  Hope sane candidates prevail in the upcoming elections.  Very curious to see how the Sheriff Glenn Palmer situation resolves in John Day.

@nana sew dear, are there any updates?

• Upvote 3

Now the state has removed the kids whose mother brought them to serenade the protesters.

It seems that several of the younger ones waited until she was in the shower, then took her guns and hid them, before asking for a ride to the police station. I think it's fair to say those children did not feel safe in their home!

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article75711232.html

• Upvote 9

So glad those children escaped and hope they are never returned to her "care", ever.   

Sharp said during the hearing that “a lot of my friends know that I use a rod.  That is not a secret."

This woman is certifiable:

“The federal government hates us right now, because my daughter is a primary witness of a murder [LaVoy Finicum] they committed,” Odalis Sharp said after the hearing. “And so what do they do? They want the Sharp family out. And so they divide and conquer.”

In her mind, beating her kids bruised and bloody has no bearing on their running away to the police. 

• Upvote 5

11 minutes ago, paganbaby said:

I think it's fair to say those children did not feel safe in their home!

The kids left of their own volition, although mom of course blames the federal government.  Mom also said it was no secret that she used a rod to beat the kids (until they bled, ugh).   Sigh, these people...

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Howl said:

So glad those children escaped and hope they are never returned to her "care", ever.   

This woman is certifiable:

In her mind, beating her kids bruised and bloody has no bearing on their running away to the police. 

It's interesting that she brings up Fincum, because he admitted to using foster children as labor on his ranch, and when the state removed them, he complained he'd lost his main source of income. He was very much against the government, except when it paid him to use kids as slave labor.

It may have been posted already, but here's the story about Fincum and the foster kids:

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burns-oregon-standoff-bundy-militia-news-updates/militant-says-foster-children-were-pulled-from-his-home-lavoy-finicum-burns-oregon/

Edited by paganbaby
added link
  • Upvote 6

http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article75319902.html

Sharp told The Star on Tuesday that the arrest occurred after she’d gone back to court Friday and attempted to file paperwork accusing her landlord of breach of contract for not taking care of the property. She said the judge wouldn’t accept it. When she returned to Auburn with her 6-year-old son, she said, there were three sheriff’s cars and two workers from the Kansas Department for Children and Families waiting for her.

“They wanted me to go with them,” Sharp said. “They wouldn’t let me go to the house. One grabbed my arm and legs and dragged me out of the car. I kicked the woman officer.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article75319902.html#storylink=cpy

Sharp told The Star on Tuesday that the family had been performing in several states since the standoff and planned to travel around the country the rest of the year. But she said the older children, including Victoria, “have left the path I put them on.”

“The best way to describe Victoria is that she’s like her horse, Spirit,” Sharp said. “Young and pretty, very spirited. She’s got all that pasture, but she wants to be out of her bounds. And when she gets out of bounds, she leads the others with her, and she’s hurting my family. It’s a shame.”

I take it to mean that Victoria reported the abuse. Good for her.

“Jesus is on trial tomorrow,” she said. “These children are not my children. They’re God’s children. He has anointed them. And you don’t mess with that.”

You beat God's children bloody?

• Upvote 6

I will never, ever understand why it's acceptable to behave heinously, abuse children, discriminate or harass people, but it's all OK "Because Jesus".  Delusional.

Most conservative Christians need to take some time and read the Bible they like to thump so much.

• Upvote 3

Any body smell a GoFundMe for Odalis lurking in the wings?  Another "Evil government CPS kidnapped my children" sob story to tug at fundy heartstrings.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Any body smell a GoFundMe for Odalis lurking in the wings?  Another "Evil government CPS kidnapped my children" sob story to tug at fundy heartstrings.  

Yeah, I thought she had a Naugler vibe right away.

• Upvote 3

Sean is very sorry he threatened to kill cops. (No worries man, it could happen to anyone...)

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/story/news/2016/05/06/1-occupiers-oregon-refuge-apologizes-rants/84014498/

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/05/ashamed-oregon-militant-released-from-jail-despite-berserk-bloodbath-rant-after-sheriff-vouches-for-him/

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/05/oregon_standoff_defendant_sean.html

http://koin.com/2016/05/06/malheur-refuge-standoff-the-ranchers-story/

Gary Marshall, a 7th-generation rancher in Harney County, told KOIN 6 News the militia never spoke for him or for anyone else he can think of that owns property in Burns.

“It was not true. [The militia] were just wrong,” said Marshall, “When they came they didn’t understand the situation here.”

• Upvote 5

• 3 weeks later...

More court action

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2016/05/federal_conspiracy_charge_agai.html

Baggio urged the court to dismiss the conspiracy charge. If not, the defendants will argue at trial that they're being criminally prosecuted for protected conduct, she said.

"The conduct in this case was primarily intended as First Amendment activity,'' Baggio said. The defendants were clearly criticizing the federal government, from the Jan. 2 parade and rally protesting the return to federal prison of two Harney County ranchers to the refuge occupation protesting the federal government's management and control of public land.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2016/04/oregon_standoff_defendants_mot.html

Oregon standoff defendants' motions: Dismiss charges due to vagueness, government overreach

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2841291-2016-05-19-Complaint.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/national/2016/05/21/armed-with-guns-and-constitutions-the-patriot-movement-sees-america-under-threat/

“It doesn’t say in our Constitution that you can’t stand up and defend yourself,” Soper said. “We’ve let the government step over the line and rule us, and that was never the intent of this country.”

Eh, can somebody define "government" to him?

Soper said he could not rule out the possibility that the U.S. government was behind the 9/11 attacks. He suspects that the government and the “medical community” have had a cancer cure for years but won’t release it because cancer treatment is too profitable for pharmaceutical companies.

I wonder why he doesn't think a cancer cure would be profitable.

• Upvote 5

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burns-oregon-standoff-bundy-militia-news-updates/ammon-bundy-civil-rights-lawsuit-multnomah-county/

Ammon Bundy Considering Civil Rights Lawsuit Against Multnomah County

They want LDS underwear, chairs, extra towels, freedom to gather religiously, freedom to "strategize" with other defendants, ipads,  internet access, more storage space, pens, chairs, a cordless printer and scanner,  more library time, unmonitored phone calls...

If they don't get everything they want it's a civil rights violation.

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burns-oregon-standoff-bundy-militia-news-updates/bar-dismisses-complaint-against-bundy-lawyers-/

The Oregon State Bar has dismissed a complaint against Mike Arnold and Lissa Casey, the attorneys for Malheur National Wildlife Refuge occupation leader Ammon Bundy. 

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burns-oregon-standoff-bundy-militia-news-updates/cliven-bundy-nevada-bunkerville-prosecutors-evidence-case/

Prosecutors Want To Keep Evidence Confidential In Nevada Standoff Case

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

They want LDS underwear, chairs, extra towels, freedom to gather religiously, freedom to "strategize" with other defendants, ipads,  internet access, more storage space, pens, chairs, a cordless printer and scanner,  more library time, unmonitored phone calls...

No vanilla creamer?

• Upvote 4

That's funny, I don't remember iPads or Internet access being mentioned in the Constitution...

• Upvote 4

Ryan Bundy was complaining that his 2nd Amendment Rights ® have been violated because the jail won't let him keep firearms while he's a guest there.

msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/jail-imposes-limits-bundy-brothers-freedoms

It’s hard to evaluate the complaints on the merits, though I was struck by something from a written statement from Ryan Bundy.

“My rights are being violated,” he said. “My right to life is being violated. All of my First Amendment rights are being violated. My right to freedom of religion is being violated. My Second Amendment rights are being violated. I never waived that right.”

Just so we’re clear, Ryan Bundy is currently incarcerated. And while it’s true that prisoners don’t forfeit all of the civil liberties while they’re wards of the state, jails tend to frown on prisoners having access to firearms.

Bundy doesn’t have to “waive” his Second Amendment rights in order for the corrections department to disarm him. He’s convinced his Second Amendment rights “are being violated,” which is true. That’s what happens to people in jail.

• Upvote 4

What did he think....that he was going to a country club? No asshole, you are in jail. This what happens when you break the law. Fuck you and your sense of entitlement.

• Upvote 5

According to Oregon Live!, Harney County voters overwhelmingly supported candidates opposed to Malheur occupation in the May primaries.   Harney County had the highest primary voter turnout (72%) of any county in Oregon.  

For all the claims Ammon Bundy and the rest of the Malheur Wildlife Refuge occupiers made about liberating land from the clutches of government tyranny and for the people, it appears Harney County voters didn't quite agree.

During Tuesday's primary elections, none of the occupation's local supporters managed to make it into office or even into November's general contest.

Tom Schaefer, who ran to take over for retiring judge Steve Grasty, placed in third behind Forrest Keady and Pete Runnels. The latter took nearly 53 percent of the vote and is a current Harney county commissioner who decried the occupation, OPB reported.

http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/05/harney_county_voters_oppose_candidates_for_occupation.html

• Upvote 4

Oh those poor put upon Bundy brothers are still whining away;

huffingtonpost.com/entry/ammon-ryan-bundy-jail-facebook-internet_us_5751a153e4b0eb20fa0dab02

The brothers have been in custody since their arrest in January. But at Multnomah County Detention Center, they’ve got demands: Ryan Bundy wants to see his brother. He feels his Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms has been violated. He doesn’t want people rifling through his stuff. Both have said they want access to the internet, including Facebook and email, in order to prepare their defense. They want chairs in their cells so they don’t have to kneel to write, a better computer, a cordless printer, a scanner, external hard drives and Microsoft Movie Editor. They also want to strategize with the other occupiers involved in the armed takeover of a federal wildlife refuge near Burns, Oregon, for which they face federal conspiracy and other charges.

“If they are going to detain us as innocent men, then they are obligated to afford us the rights to defend ourselves and emotionally connect to our families,” Ammon Bundy told The Huffington Post in an email sent by one of his attorneys, Mike Arnold.

Bundy also called jail “a job programs for more government employees rather than a system that brings justice and fair due process.”

The Bundys aren’t big on government rules they don’t believe in. They took over the federal property to protest the imprisonment of two ranchers, Dwight Hammond and his son, Steven, who were convicted of arson, imprisoned, released and then resentenced to longer terms. They were also were protesting federal land stewardship, an issue their father, Cliven Bundy, raised by refusing to pay the government more than $1 million in grazing fees.

What the fuck do you need Microsoft Movie Editor for while you're in the slammer? 

• Upvote 4

Oregon Live, May 9, 2016

Ammon Bundy led the occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge intending to force a civil court to take up the constitutionality of federal land management policy, his lawyers contend in new court papers filed Monday.

He had expected the government to issue an eviction or ejection claim instead of arresting and indicting the occupiers on federal charges in criminal court.

But as he now sits in a Multnomah County jail facing conspiracy and weapons allegations, he's asking the court to dismiss the indictments, arguing that the federal government lacks jurisdiction over the land that includes the wildlife sanctuary in eastern Oregon's Harney County.

These guys had a strategy all along, that Malheur would be a platform to launch their views to a national stage.  It did, but not in the way they intended.  So of course, they are feeling persecuted and pathetic.  

Had they left and ended the occupation after a day or two, things would have ended differently.  They fact that the occupation had no defined end, with heavily armed occupiers running amok changed everything. 

"arguing that the federal government lacks jurisdiction over the land that includes the wildlife sanctuary in eastern Oregon's Harney County" goes against about 200 years of established case law, but they live in a fantasy world of pocket constitutions and their own arcane beliefs.  They may still believe that there will be no prison in their futures.  

• Upvote 4

OregonLive, June 3rd

Oregon standoff: Judge declines to dismiss conspiracy, firearms in federal facility charges

Charges of conspiracy to impede federal officers at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, and firearms possession in a federal facility will stand against the indicted Oregon standoff defendants headed to trial this fall or later, U.S. District Judge Anna J. Brown has ruled.  

The judge's decisions follow legal arguments last month in which defense lawyers had urged the court to dismiss the allegations, contending they were unconstitutionally vague or broad, or that the federal government did not have jurisdiction over the wildlife sanctuary in eastern Oregon.

Things are coming into focus. The Bundy defendants believe fervently that the federal government does not have jurisdiction over the wildlife sanctuary in eastern Oregon and they had hoped to have the case thrown out on that basis.   Now that the judge has ruled that the case can't be dismissed on that basis, can that same issue still be raised in court?

• Upvote 3

I told my dad about Ryan Bundy's complaints. He suggested that they give him and a couple other felons all their 4th and 2nd ammendment rights back together (aka a gun for each and a private room) for a bit and see how he feels about it then. Now I know where I get the snark gene from.

• Upvote 3

And the beat goes on.  According to the Salt Lake Tribune, the Bundys have added a new Utah lawyer to their team -- heavy hitter white-collar crimes lawyer Marcus Mumford and he's heavy hitting right out of the gate and earning his (probably) absurdly high fees!  Really, he's pretty good: 

Mumford said the defense will deal with fundamental free speech issues; they plan to argue that Bundy and others did not break the law during the occupation.

"We're talking about fundamental issues of whether a citizen can assert their rights regarding the public lands without being accused of a conspiracy," Mumford said. "The prosecution appears to be more politically motivated than motivated by criminal law."

Mumford said that on the morning Bundy was arrested, there was communication "among the highest levels of the federal government" saying that Bundy needed to be stopped because "the cancer is spreading."

"In other words, they were being too effective in their political protest, so the government had to come in and accuse these men of a criminal act to discredit their political speech," he said.

Mumford also says it is misleading to characterize Bundy's actions as an "armed occupation." Instead, he said, the protesters were merely "open carrying" their weapons.

"There was no brandishing or anything," he said. "We're talking about the distinctions the law has to make. It can't be illegal just because you go in to establish an adverse possession claim against the government and you happen to be open carrying; that doesn't make it an armed invasion."

Sorry, but there were many, many pictures of brandishing weapons, although I don't think Ryan or Ammon were big into brandishing and perhaps they did not brandish at all.  My concern is that all it takes is for ONE juror sympathetic to their cause to hang a jury. The feds need to be very, very careful in their presentation of this case.  It's extremely unlikely that Ammon, Ryan and Melvin  would accept a plea bargain -- they want this case in open court.  Other guys will likely take what they are offered. 

ETA: Noodling around trying to find any current information on Odalis Sharp, I came across this crazy Web site called NoDisInfo.  Paul Walker's Death was FAKED! No planes on 911! Holocaust was a hoax, here's proof! Michael Jackson's death was a hoax! AND Bundy Rancher Standoff Fully Infiltrated and Controlled by US Government - Featuring FBI Snitches, arch-Mossad agents, and Other Criminal Collaborators in Bundy Rancher Stand-Off Psyops

Yeah, you can't make this stuff up, except they do: http://nodisinfo.com/bundy-rancher-stand-off-infiltrated-controlled-us-government/

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3

@Howl I wanted to say thanks that you keep updating this post with the latest information.  I just can't get over the nerve of these morons.

• Upvote 2