IGNORED

Maxwells vote for Ted Cruz

albanuadh_1

Well, Trump won all five states. Tough shit, Maxwells!!

Apparently Cruz tried to recreate a scene from Hoosiers in Indiana but fucked up when he called a basketball hoop a basketball ring. Careful, Maxwells, he plays SPORTS. And watches MOVIES.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh well,at least Steve will be happy.

I'm pretty sure gnashing & pearl clutching is pretty much what sustains him.

Will the Maxwells still support Cruz if he appoints Carly Fiorina as VP running mate?  A 61-year old former high tech exec who's female? 

ETA Oops, I see this has been discussed already, should have read more, sorry !

4 hours ago, Tiny Bubbles said:

Will the Maxwells still support Cruz if he appoints Carly Fiorina as VP running mate?  A 61-year old former high tech exec who's female? 

ETA Oops, I see this has been discussed already, should have read more, sorry !

In 2008, a lot of fundies stayed home or voted for the Constitution Party because John McCain wasn't "conservative enough" and because there was a female on the ticket.

On April 26, 2016 at 3:17 PM, Justme said:

Did anybody click on the link in the latest Cruz post? Something about homeschooling? I don't want to click and drive more traffic that way....

Basically an interview with Cruz where he states that he wants the states and parents to have more control over their child's education, including homeschoolers. He wants to get rid of the Department of Education. There is a lot of kissing homeschooler ass. Yet, nowhere does Cruz state that his kids are homeschooled. My guess is that Harvard educated Cruz has his kids going to expensive private schools. 

9 hours ago, socalrules said:

Basically an interview with Cruz where he states that he wants the states and parents to have more control over their child's education, including homeschoolers. He wants to get rid of the Department of Education. There is a lot of kissing homeschooler ass. Yet, nowhere does Cruz state that his kids are homeschooled. My guess is that Harvard educated Cruz has his kids going to expensive private schools. 

He might homeschool them. I could see Ted feeling threatened by his children possibly becoming his intellectual equal or better.

18 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

In 2008, a lot of fundies stayed home or voted for the Constitution Party because John McCain wasn't "conservative enough" and because there was a female on the ticket.

Just absurd.

8 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

He might homeschool them. I could see Ted feeling threatened by his children possibly becoming his intellectual equal or better.

But he wouldn't want his daughters to appear as dumbasses.  I think Ted would take a lot of pride in sending his daughters to Harvard:  "Look at my incredible genes!" while patting himself on the back all the way for his achievement in raising such smart girls.

On April 6, 2016 at 11:54 PM, mango_fandango said:

Well, bollocks. Looks like Cruz did win. As did Bernie, but the Maxwells won't give a fuck. Wonder if there'll be a post about how readers' prayers helped Cruz win? 

Urgh, I hate the Maxwells. And Cruz. And Republicans. But I'm not American so my opinions mean bugger all.

I'm not trying to start a big (or small) kerfuffle, but it's offensive to say you hate Republicans, just as it would be to say you hate Catholics or Canadians or any other group. Just wanted to point that out. 

6 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I think Steve's head might have exploded when Cruz he announced his running mate. 

I'm really interested in how they're going to spin this now...

Most likely there'll just be radio silence on the politics front on the blog for a while, since whenever an issue becomes multifaceted (i.e., interesting), the Maxwells just drop it. Probably won't hear anything unless/until Clinton or Sanders win and then there will be a post about "praying for our wayward country."

On 4/29/2016 at 1:19 PM, Jana814 said:

I think Steve's head might have exploded when Cruz he announced his running mate. 

Don't worry, everything will be fine as long as she doesn't eat lunch with him!

Now that Ted picked Carly a career woman and bos of men as his running mate, Steve will pretend his endorsement of Ted never happened, just like Chris and Joe's broken engagements.

34 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Now that Ted picked Carly a career woman and bos of men as his running mate, Steve will pretend his endorsement of Ted never happened, just like Chris and Joe's broken engagements.

Let the blog-scrubbing begin!

No, as it turns out the Maxwells support Cruz and Carly!  They say she was a "wise and strategic choice"!!!

O.k., where are the real Maxwells and what have you done with them??

They're hypocrites. A woman's place is in the home until it's politically expedient. 

31 minutes ago, kpmom said:

No, as it turns out the Maxwells support Cruz and Carly!  They say she was a "wise and strategic choice"!!!

You see, the Vice President is the President's helpmeet so it's absolutely fine!  It's not a relationship of equals.  It's complentarian which is totally biblical, right?

Let's be honest, what choice do they realistically have? 

Ted Cruz is FOR homeschooling, guys! Yeah, like the other candidates are really against it. I agree though that maybe it's like what a previous poster said and Ted Cruz is FOR evangelical Christian homeschooling where the state doesn't have much control, if any.

They really are stumping for Cruz, aren't they? Have they ever been this vocal about anyone before??? I couldn't find anything in 2012. They've posted before about praying for politicians, but never this much for one candidate. Seems Cruz hasn't stood for election before, only for State Senator in 2012. Cruz likely matches their beliefs the closest, but it makes me wonder who they supported in previous years. I mean, even if they don't follow the news and so on, they must have at least hoped one guy got the job over others? 

15 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

They really are stumping for Cruz, aren't they? Have they ever been this vocal about anyone before??? I couldn't find anything in 2012.

Well, they've suffered so much under the ebil Obama administration. I mean, they've lost the right to homeschool, they've all been forced to enter into same-sex marriages and get gender reassignment surgeries and then get abortions after giving up their rights to worship Stevehovah, right?  Who knows what horrors a Clinton administration could wreak?

A Cruz administration would guarantee their right to interfere in the lives of all those who don't believe what they believe.  And that's not a right you want to give up lightly.

4 hours ago, kpmom said:

O.k., where are the real Maxwells and what have you done with them??

I thin the wording of "wise and strategic choice" is quite interesting. Them calling it "strategic" tells me that they understand that Cruz chose Fiorina to help pull in the votes from Republican women. I think they accept his choice of VP for strategic reasons but I'm sure they're dealing with a lot of cognitive dissonance to justify his choice to themselves. 

It just doesn't seem right to use those little kids for pushing political messages.  They don't even know what politics is yet!

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 7:43 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

Ted's kids go to private school. I have seen discussions about him taking the girls out of school especially the oldest to be on the campaign trail. During one of his town hall's (I think on CNN) his daughter talked about going to a school picnic event and how she got daddy to dress up. People having been trying to figure out what the daughter said since she wasn't loud enough, but some people say she said she got him to wear pink girl clothes, of course this could mean so many things coming from a little girl.

For any candidate the safe thing to do is say homeschooling is great. It would be wonderful if an candidate would talk about mandatory testing or standards for homeschooling kids. I would be hard pressed to think any candidate left would say homeschooling is a bad thing? Candidates have to know homeschoolers are passionate for a reason, religion, special needs, common core and they would not want to alienate a group that asks for nothing but to be left alone.

I am surprised the new signs have Carly on it. I wonder how they explain Carly to the girls? I can see it being Carly is Ted's helper to make sure he knows about mommy's issue's like homeschool and time management.

Archived