IGNORED

Maxwells vote for Ted Cruz

albanuadh_1

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@albanuadh_1,  I dom't think you're supposed to take pictures of your ballot, but I could wrong.  (Your vote is supposed to be private.)  I do know that you are not supposed to have anyone else in the voting booth with you unless they are below voting age (they're not going to fuss about a baby)  or unless you require assistance.  Josh and Anna broke that provision several times.

Well, now they have become political activists (well, sort of) by telling us all that our country is going to hell in a handbasket if we don't rush out and vote for Cruz.  Thank you, Maxwells!  It's interesting they would think they have any kind of valuable opinions since they don't read the news, watch television, use the internet (much), and don't get involved "in the world".

Such bullshit.

I am a dog lover but I don't bring mine to airports or voting booths.  Are there laws about non-service dogs in public places?

I assumed there was, but maybe the Maxwells are above such laws?

4 minutes ago, kpmom said:

I am a dog lover but I don't bring mine to airports or voting booths.  Are there laws about non-service dogs in public places?

I was wondering that, too.  Except for service animals or certified companion animals, dogs aren't allowed in places like airports or voting stations (at least where I live).  I see people do it sometimes, but I don't think they are supposed to.  How un-Maxwell of them to break a rule if there is one.

1. Runzas look so good. Especially Peas n Carrots', but even the Maxwells' :pb_redface:

2. What on earth would you know about the field of candidates Sarah? You don't watch TV, read anything other than the Bible, attend political rallies, and your parents tell you when to go to bed. (I have a soft spot for Sarah until she starts talking politics...)

3. What freedoms is Cruz going to protect exactly? Your freedoms to live the way you choose? Because he sure ain't going to be protecting all of my current freedoms. 

4 "The state of our nation is very tentative" I don't think that's the word you were going for Sarah...

5. Cruz has a national prayer team. You know the Maxwells are all over that. 

A caucus is much more informal than is a primary when I know the principle of the secret ballot applies.   I still think it would frowned by election officials to take a picture of your ballot though.  It's probably much easier to bring a dog to a caucus.  

34 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

2. What on earth would you know about the field of candidates Sarah? You don't watch TV, read anything other than the Bible, attend political rallies, and your parents tell you when to go to bed. (I have a soft spot for Sarah until she starts talking politics...)

I read this and suddenly found myself wondering if the Maxwells have watched any of the debates. I started laughing as I imagined Steve watching Donald Trump talk about his "hands" and having to explain to the girls hat that was all about. 

Do you think they took pictures of their marked ballots to prove to Steve that they made the correct decision?

You know, it occurs to me that since this was a causus, maybe those aren't technically considered ballots, which is why they can photograph them.

Y'know, I was wondering who the Maxwells would be stumping for. Somehow I KNEW it would be Cruz. BLARGH.

Vote for freedom? HAHAHAHAHAHA. Only if you're exactly like him. Otherwise, you're fucked. Freedoms will be hugely RESTRICTED if he comes into power. Thankfully I don't see it happening. 

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

I think the Maxwells think they are above the law. I'm a dog lover also but I would take in a dog where they shouldn't be. Their could be people allergies. 

How can the Maxwell "kids" caucus? What can they talk about other than Cruz loves God and is against abortion? My guess is that they spent most of time time just in a corner with each other and only spoke to people who came over to pet Ellie. We know they are incapable of actually discuss the issues in depth. 

Honestly, I'm pretty shocked that they

1. went out to vote at all. I would have imagined that they didn't care for very worldy things such as elections and politics in general.

2.let the women of the family vote :pearlclutching: Didn't Steve Anderson aka PP explain to us that women shouldn't vote as the bible says that they shouldn't have any kind of authority over a man?

STFU Sarah.  I'll vote for Johnny Manziel if I want to.

Oh and Sarah voting is a right not a privilege.  I wonder if that idiot knows that Bush, Fiorna, and Carson dropped out.  Sorry but I get a little bit stabby when someone like Sarah who so isolated from the world and doesnt even read a newspaper tells me who to vote for.

I'm Canadian. Hopefully Google or someone here can tell me the difference between a primary and a caucus.

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 2:11 PM, mango_fandango said:
3 hours ago, nausicaa said:

1. Runzas look so good. Especially Peas n Carrots', but even the Maxwells' :pb_redface:

3. What freedoms is Cruz going to protect exactly? Your freedoms to live the way you choose? Because he sure ain't going to be protecting all of my current freedoms. 

4 "The state of our nation is very tentative" I don't think that's the word you were going for Sarah...

5. Cruz has a national prayer team. You know the Maxwells are all over that. 

Horrors!  Is a Maxwell female purposing to instruct readers who might have a few males in their number on how to vote?  For shame!!

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 8:04 PM, Jana814 said:

11 hours ago, Sundaymorning said:

Honestly, I'm pretty shocked that they

1. went out to vote at all. I would have imagined that they didn't care for very worldy things such as elections and politics in general.

Abortion, gay marriage, all the fundie hot buttons are all they care about I imagine.

We strongly believe in casting a vote that counts. This race is extremely close, and we know, from the Republican options, there are really only two top runners. Who would you rather have? If you cast a vote for someone other than Senator Cruz, it’s essentially casting a vote for Trump, since the other runner ups do not appear to have a chance.

The state of our nation is very tentative, and we believe Senator Cruz would be a great president. Please, don’t let anything stand in the way of getting out there and voting for Cruz! This election is crucial for the sake of our freedom and raising children in the way of the Lord.

And if/when Trump wins the Republican nomination, six months from now they'll be telling people "not voting is a vote for Hilary!"

These people don't even know/care what a President actually does. They just want to throw their support behind the one who hates women's rights and marriage equality the most.

I'm really tempted to post the Hillary Clinton/NASA/Secretary of State picture to Sarah... (just google that picture, I'm blaming my tablet that I can't post the link)

Does anyone recognize what the name tag is that John is wearing? Could he have been an attendant at the caucus?

@albanuadh_1, a primary is just like the general election but with only the candidates from one party on the ballot.  There will often be primaries for one party in a state on one day and for the other party on a different day.  You cannot vote in the primaries of both parties.  A caucus is a big discussion about who the party's nominee should be.  After the voters in the precinct discuss the candidates and the issues, then they vote.  Caucuses can be pretty raucus and riproaring.

I kind of hope it will be Donny against Hillary.<evil grin> Stevie and all the little fundies are so big on voting. What would they do???? How would they vote???? I can't wait to hear the "spin"....

I wonder if they would have voted for Fiorna, she was the most outspoken on Planned Parent hood

5 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

I wonder if they would have voted for Fiorna, she was the most outspoken on Planned Parent hood

They could have, actually.  I believe her name was still on the ballot.  Carly might have been the most outspoken about Planned Parenthood, but the guys were all pretty much anti-choice with the possible exception of George Pataki.

1 minute ago, PennySycamore said:

They could have, actually.  I believe her name was still on the ballot.  Carly might have been the most outspoken about Planned Parenthood, but the guys were all pretty much anti-choice with the possible exception of George Pataki.

But she's a WOMAN. Can't have women having authority over men, no matter their stance on Planned Parenthood.

Archived