IGNORED

Lori Alexander never learning since 2011 - part 6

Sorry for the double post, but this ignorance has to be posted.

Reader from the Always Learning Facebook:

Even the the old testament shows Godly women who are fiercely financially independent and great mothers, in fact it calls for women to do so... It is of utmost importance to be able to care for all our children's needs, but indeed children need and want their parents before possession!

Lori's nasty, ignorant response:

What verses states that women were "fiercely financially independent and great mothers" in the OT? I somehow missed those verses!

Since the reader hasn't replied, I will- with Lori's own words from just yesterday:

God doesn't have to give us a Bible verse for everything but He did give us common sense and wisdom. 

So there's that.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Koala said:

r.

I can remember my mom living off bologna sandwiches, Doritos, and Dr. Pepper (I ate with my grandparents).  I thought it was awesome at the time, but now I now that it was a few bucks she could spend that would last her all week.  I know that she couldn't afford to take me to the dentist and she had to pull me out of dance.  I know that she nearly lost the house- would have if my grandfather hadn't stepped in and paid our bills.  I know that she worked insane hours, 6 days a week for the privilege of eating those bologna sandwiches I mentioned.  We had nothing.  If she had quit her job our fridge would have been empty.  If she had quit her job we would have gone without water and electricity, and eventually lost our home.

And she was one of the lucky ones, because my grandparents helped her and eventually her hard work paid off. She worked her way up in a company and now holds one of their top positions.  There are still days I wish I could hang out with her, but damn it she did what she had to do to get us out of that mess. 

Lori knows nothing....

I could vomit.  Honestly, I could.  I'll close with this.  THANK HEAVENS I had a mama who cared enough to work when I wanted her to stay at home.  She saved us.  She didn't work to be rich- she worked to fucking survive.

In my family it wasn't bologna sandwiches - it was a shared can of soup. And sadly no grandparents around. My Mum worked two jobs, 60 hours a week, to keep us safe, fed and housed. Money was very tight indeed - she would con me into walking over a  mile to school when I was five by promising me a penny lolly, which saved her a fourpenny adult and tuppenny half on the bus. She ended up taking a degree part time, graduating at 56, and became a Principal Lecturer in a college of Further Education. Lori doesn't have a fucking clue what it is to be needy, let alone poor. By the way, she left my father in 1956 - life for a single mum was even harder then, as women couldn't even sign for a mortgage, or a loan.

I must admit , I sometimes wonder what Lori would have done if Ken were abusive to their children. Don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting he ever was, but - how would she have reacted? Which would have won - maternal instinct, or the need for financial security?

Edited: because I can spell...

Which one?  

26 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Did Lori delete that comment already? I can't find it. 

The one about God not giving us a Bible verse for everything is in the comments of the anal sex post.

The other is on her Facebook

8 minutes ago, Koala said:

Which one?  

The one about God not giving us a Bible verse for everything is in the comments of the anal sex post.

The other is on her Facebook

Got it; thanks. I had seen her gem about "God doesn't give us a verse for everything." I keep forgetting about her Facebook page. 

The only way a woman wins is by doing things God's way. Get married when a godly man who works hard asks her to marry him. Have children as soon as the Lord blesses her with them. Be at home full-time taking care of all there is to do in being a help meet to her husband, raising godly offspring and being the best homemaker she can be. Stop listening to the fairy tales of this day and age.

This is pretty much not my life, and yet, I feel like I won the life lottery-- so Lori, tell us some fairy tales... about beating your toddlers and letting your infants cry it out.  About how much sleep you needed and how sending the kids to their rooms during the day passed as homeschooling.  How the nanny held your kids more than you did?  And please, tell us again about how little you loved/expressed love to Ken, starting before the marriage and ending when you saw your meal ticket losing interest.

Your life sounds miserable... I'll take mine any day of the week.

3 minutes ago, salex said:

This is pretty much not my life, and yet, I feel like I won the life lottery-- so Lori, tell us some fairy tales... about beating your toddlers and letting your infants cry it out.  About how much sleep you needed and how sending the kids to their rooms during the day passed as homeschooling.  How the nanny held your kids more than you did?  And please, tell us again about how little you loved/expressed love to Ken, starting before the marriage and ending when you saw your meal ticket losing interest.

Your life sounds miserable... I'll take mine any day of the week.

As we've seen from recent postings, they can't even say they have an exciting sex life to balance out the misery of their marriage. Their marriage is basically a business arrangement. 

She is so damn mean.  From the comments on Always Learning Facebook:

Reader

Such as??? I feel like we are all waiting for a biblical example to support your comment.

Lori

She doesn't have any, Kate, since there were no fiercely financially independent and great mothers. You can't be a great mother if you are a fiercely financially independent mother because making money will consume you and keep you from your children.

She's vile.  

Quote 'She doesn't have any, Kate, since there were no fiercely financially independent and great mothers. You can't be a great mother if you are a fiercely financially independent mother because making money will consume you and keep you from your children.'End quote.

Lori said this. And if she were within reach (before I wrung her neck) I would give her the leaflet we printed of my mother's life to distribute at her funeral ( which, by the way, overfilled the quite large church) and force her to read it. My mother was fiercely independent and great - she raised three of us alone - and also much loved by her children, and many others. I wonder if Lori can claim the last? I miss her to this day, and she has been dead almost 17 years. She would have been 100 years old this coming Saturday.....

1 minute ago, sawasdee said:

Quote 'She doesn't have any, Kate, since there were no fiercely financially independent and great mothers. You can't be a great mother if you are a fiercely financially independent mother because making money will consume you and keep you from your children.'End quote.

Lori said this. And if she were within reach I would give her the leaflet we printed of my mother's life to distribute at her funeral ( which, by the way, overfilled the quite large church) and force her to read it. My mother was fiercely independent and great - she raised three of us alone - and also much loved by her children, and many others. I wonder if Lori can claim the last? I miss her to this day, and she has been dead almost 17 years. She would have been 100 years old this coming Saturday.....

I am so sorry about your mom- and so glad you had a great one.  :tw_heart:  

@Koala Thank you! I HATE Lori for the way she disrespects women who have done so much more with their lives than she has, and managed to preserve a loving and close relationship with their children. I see very little evidence of closeness of Lori to her children, over and above obligation.

A case can be made in proverbs 31 of a working woman but lori saying there  doesn't have to be bible verse for everything is best answer, lol.

2 hours ago, Koala said:

Sorry for the double post, but this ignorance has to be posted.

Reader from the Always Learning Facebook:

Lori's nasty, ignorant response:

Since the reader hasn't replied, I will- with Lori's own words from just yesterday:

So there's that.

Well, Proverbs 31 has a bit to say about financially independent women. 

I'm sure you all must have seen this on the anal sex post (lol it shall be known as that):

Lori Alexander · 18 hours ago

Anon M,

I deleted the one thread you posted since I don't like that man's blog at all! I added the words to the verse you posted so all can see. It's a very appropriate verse. Thank you!

So because she doesn't like one man she has to censor for her readers. Why not let them make up own mind and just say she doesn't like him, but the readers can click at their own caution? But nope, she wants robotic thinkers who don't question.

1 hour ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

A case can be made in proverbs 31 of a working woman but lori saying there  doesn't have to be bible verse for everything is best answer, lol.

The Proverbs 31 woman was a dynamic businesswoman and her husband was proud and did nothing to hold her back. Do fundies read Proverbs 31?

4 hours ago, Koala said:

But here's the reality.  My father was a dangerous, abusive bastard.  If she'd stayed, one or both of us probably wouldn't be here today.  She saved us by walking out the door and taking me with her.

I can remember my mom living off bologna sandwiches, Doritos, and Dr. Pepper (I ate with my grandparents).  I thought it was awesome at the time, but now I now that it was a few bucks she could spend that would last her all week.  I know that she couldn't afford to take me to the dentist and she had to pull me out of dance.  I know that she nearly lost the house- would have if my grandfather hadn't stepped in and paid our bills.  I know that she worked insane hours, 6 days a week for the privilege of eating those bologna sandwiches I mentioned.  We had nothing.  

First of all, Koala, you are so lucky. My mother wouldn't or couldn't leave her own dangerous, abusive bastard until I was long grown. She would have been very upset to have to eat doritos and bologna. Having money mattered to her.

She didn't have parents who helped, and that's a big thing. Ken's already said that if one of his kids left a marriage, he wouldn't help them financially, to teach them a lesson. It's that type of thinking that kept my own mother getting abused for many years. No one would help me, I am wrong, I deserve it.

Lori's not alone in her desire to keep women financially dependent. I remember seeing a list of topics that Michelle Duggar had written for a speech she was giving. On the top of the list was something like, "Independence kills intimacy." You know whose independence she was talking about. The woman's.

Lori is also dead wrong when she speaks for children. I wouldn't have cared about missing activities or eating bologna, if it meant my home was scream-free and my mom and siblings were not being abused. In fact, I have a friend whose mother left an abusive marriage and actually could not take her kids to the dentist. My friend thanks God every day that her mother left.

A great mother once told me that if you are going to bring children into the world, you need to be able to provide for them and support them, regardless if you are married to a Godly money-maker or not. Why? Because even if the money-maker is making money, they are still fleshy mortals and fleshy mortals do not live forever. This great mother is my own mum but she doesn't credit herself with this advice. This is what my grandmum told her before she graduated from high school. A fairy tale of this day and age are people who delude themselves into thinking that others are immortal and will always be there to care for them because it's happy ever after, riiiight? Well, no, that's not the way it goes because death can and will happen.

Heck, one of my mum's co-workers found herself widowed when her husband was struck by lightning twice. It was sudden, unpredictable and completely beyond any possible scenario that could be planned for. She raised their three kids while working as an RN on the evening shift and made it clear that she will NOT move another man in or remarry 'til all three of them were grown and out of the nest. Now she's happily retired because of those long hours she clocked in and living with her common-law, her children are grown and starting families of their own. She kept her promise to them.

Oh and it's downright disturbing that Ken would deprive his children of finances to punish them if their marriage went south. My grandpa and grandmum not only went to get my aunt after she managed to escape her abusive husband, they gave her a home and supported her until they died. They even put together a fund for her to live on since she can't work - both of her hands and all of her fingers were broken by the jackass she was married to and even to this day, her hands are literally deformed because of this damage.

One of my cousin's died at about 40, suddenly, not even exactly sure why---(possibly genetic on the other side) and his wife had nothing but HS.  She was working, and they had a bit of insurance, but--it was a  a struggle to raise 3 daughters alone.  Over the years, she got promotions, etc, and the children all went to college.  When a young relative of hers got married right out of HS and said she didn't need/want college she was going to be a SAHW, the cousin's widow said "has my life taught you nothing?" 

Fast forward a few years.  Her oldest daughter was widowed in her mid 30s, with 3 kids.  Because she had college, she had a business of her own that was flourishing.  That with the insurance was enough to keep things going for her family, with less financial struggle than her mother had faced. 

Life can go sideways even in a good marriage.

(And we won't go into the new stats that show that educated people who earn x amount now prefer to marry other educated people who earn x amount.)

I am so sorry Hisey.  A support system is EVERYTHING in a situation like that.  Had my mom had to pay for my meals or childcare, I have no idea how we'd have gotten by in those first years after their divorce.  

Lori (Always Learning Facebook):

What God commands, He provides for! 

Such a stupid thing to say.  According to Lori, God commands women to have children, but one of her own daughters struggles with infertility.  How does she resolve that in her mind?  Ken himself has written about "exceptions".  

Let's say a woman's husband leaves her and she doesn't have family or a willing church to support her.  What's she supposed to do to feed her kids?  She can't very well plug her ears and sing "God will provide" while her children starve.  According to Lori she can't remarry. What does she do??

It's willful ignorance like that, that really irritates me. 

9 minutes ago, Sera's Arrow said:

A great mother once told me that if you are going to bring children into the world, you need to be able to provide for them and support them, regardless if you are married to a Godly money-maker or not. Why? Because even if the money-maker is making money, they are still fleshy mortals and fleshy mortals do not live forever. This great mother is my own mum but she doesn't credit herself with this advice. This is what my grandmum told her before she graduated from high school. A fairy tale of this day and age are people who delude themselves into thinking that others are immortal and will always be there to care for them because it's happy ever after, riiiight? Well, no, that's not the way it goes because death can and will happen.

Heck, one of my mum's co-workers found herself widowed when her husband was struck by lightning twice. It was sudden, unpredictable and completely beyond any possible scenario that could be planned for. She raised their three kids while working as an RN on the evening shift and made it clear that she will NOT move another man in or remarry 'til all three of them were grown and out of the nest. Now she's happily retired because of those long hours she clocked in and living with her common-law, her children are grown and starting families of their own. She kept her promise to them.

Oh and it's downright disturbing that Ken would deprive his children of finances to punish them if their marriage went south. My grandpa and grandmum not only went to get my aunt after she managed to escape her abusive husband, they gave her a home and supported her until they died. They even put together a fund for her to live on since she can't work - both of her hands and all of her fingers were broken by the jackass she was married to and even to this day, her hands are literally deformed because of this damage.

I agree, it's disturbing. Sadly, Ken isn't the only one wouldn't help adult children if they divorced. I think out of Lori and Ken's kids, Alyssa may be the one that might need help if she ever ended up divorced or widowed. From what I can tell on Alyssa, all of her jobs have been dance related. Now, maybe she could continue teaching dance or go full time and manage to support herself.

1 minute ago, Koala said:

I am so sorry Hisey.  A support system is EVERYTHING in a situation like that.  Had my mom had to pay for my meals or childcare, I have no idea how we'd have gotten by in those first years after their divorce.  

Lori (Always Learning Facebook):

Such a stupid thing to say.  According to Lori, God commands women to have children, but one of her own daughters struggles with infertility.  How does she resolve that in her mind?  Ken himself has written about "exceptions".  

Let's say a woman's husband leaves her and she doesn't have family or a willing church to support her.  What's she supposed to do to feed her kids?  She can't very well plug her ears and sing "God will provide" while her children starve.  According to Lori she can't remarry. What does she do??

It's willful ignorance like that, that really irritates me. 

The woman can move into a church basement that blogger Joanne. Just kidding about that.  A couple of years ago, Lori wrote a blog post about Ben Carson's single mother working as a maid because the mother didn't see anyone get off welfare(that's what Lori wrote).  Lori praised Mama Carson and I have to agree, that Mama Carson deserved to be praised. Yeah, Ben Carson is an odd person, but he was a talented surgeon. It was still odd in a way that Lori's praised that particular woman for working, while having tons of other posts hating on working women.

Lori and her some of her fangirls have made claims about churches stepping in supporting widows for years. I remember one fangirl who mentioned in the comments section about the LDS church helping out members in need with the Bishops stores and other resources. I've never found anything about an LDS church/ward or any other churches of different denominations helping widows for years on end. The previously mentioned Joanne who lived in a church basement was receiving help from her working son.

I remember another Lori fangirl said that her family/relatives would support her and her kids completely, if she was widowed. Now, that fangirl may have very wealthy relatives, but in some cases, people with money do get fed up with having to completely support a non-working family member. I've known a few people who have upper middle class or wealthy relatives and they wouldn't be comfortable being completely dependent on them for years.

On 3/8/2016 at 8:10 AM, usmcmom said:

A reader (from yesterday's post) asked Lori for a scripture reference stating that anal sex is wrong. Her response:

IT'S THE WRONG HOLE?????  What in the world is wrong with this woman that she has to talk like a junior high boy in the locker room? 

NOW they like science?  LMFWrongHoleO.

When my X threw us out (literally), my parents stepped in and helped me out until I got on my feet. Even afterwards, my mom babysat my youngest at times...until 2005 when she had her first stroke and we took her in. My mother was a solid gold bitch that I was never fond of in a mother/daughter way...but...family is family. I have done the same for my children.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived