IGNORED

Mortons are back from Paraguay...

picklepizzas

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really can't get over just how normal this wedding appears to be.

In the video, it appears that Alyssa is not wearing the strapless dress for some of the "getting ready" shots? And then she is? Please explain!

5 minutes ago, erunerune said:

I really can't get over just how normal this wedding appears to be.

In the video, it appears that Alyssa is not wearing the strapless dress for some of the "getting ready" shots? And then she is? Please explain!

Those were my thoughts exactly -that could just be anyone's wedding, nothing fundy about it.

And I was also confused about the dress. I did not look closely enough, maybe it was just like a lace thing to wear over strapless and she decided last minute not to use it?

25 minutes ago, hollyandivy said:

Those were my thoughts exactly -that could just be anyone's wedding, nothing fundy about it.

And I was also confused about the dress. I did not look closely enough, maybe it was just like a lace thing to wear over strapless and she decided last minute not to use it?

For a minute I thought there were two dresses.  I think it may have just been a dress she was wearing to get ready and then she changed into the wedding gown though I thought the getting ready outfit was pretty enough to be a wedding dress.  The Bridesmaid dresses were lovely and normal.  Everything was lovely and there was a lot of dancing and jumping around.   They're so darn young though. Is he even 18 yet?

So I went back to the video to look at thte dress(es) again, and there are definitely two dresses and they are both bridal gowns. Why? I have no idea! One is a little more conservative, the other is the strapless number. Why? I have no idea!

37 minutes ago, hollyandivy said:

So I went back to the video to look at thte dress(es) again, and there are definitely two dresses and they are both bridal gowns. Why? I have no idea! One is a little more conservative, the other is the strapless number. Why? I have no idea!

I really must understand the dress switcheroo, but I guess it will remain a mystery. What a random head-scratcher in a lovely sea of wedding normalcy!

16 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Did they actually say something along these lines at some point as an explanation for the move to Paraguay?

Just speculation based on past Morton blog posts about how FDR's New Deal ruined 'Murica, Michael Sr. running for local office at one point (and losing) because he thought the government was going to come take his land, etc. 

8 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

If anyone is interested there is a video from the wedding on Charity Johnston's FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/charity.johnston.5?pnref=lhc.friends

awesome find - thanks for posting! i scoured the background for pregnant mortons but couldn't see anyone i recognized outside of the wedding party. silly videographer, focusing on the bride and groom so much! :my_tongue:

5 hours ago, erunerune said:

I really must understand the dress switcheroo, but I guess it will remain a mystery. What a random head-scratcher in a lovely sea of wedding normalcy!

this is the vogue thing now, right? to have one dress for the ceremony and one for the reception? the most recent time i saw someone do this was when the wedding and reception were separated by a big block of time. The wedding ceremony was very formal, in a religious building, so she wore a more formal gown for that and she changed to a tea length dress for the reception.  seems extravagant to me, but its somewhat common? maybe alyssa and sams wedding ceremony was much earlier in the day. 

OR maybe her parents told her she if she bared those defrauding shoulders during the ceremony god wouldn't bless the marriage. bc only harlots go before god with bare shoulders. :my_angel:

1 hour ago, picklepizzas said:

this is the vogue thing now, right? to have one dress for the ceremony and one for the reception?

But she only wore the one dress to get ready, gown for ceremony and reception is the strapless one

On 4/5/2016 at 0:43 AM, ophelia said:

I'm really wondering if the Morton family knew that the Campana's would go for such a wordly wedding ceremony and that Alyssa would even wear a (beautiful!!) strapless gown.

Kennedy's and Andrew's wedding was also pretty normal, although it was held a Calathora. I'd really like to be a fly on the wall in the Morton household, because I can really imagine that Pa Morton gives his sons a speech to remind their wives about submission and modesty. Especially with his daughter-in-law Kennedy, who seems to be quite tomboyish by Morton standards.

The Campanas and the Mortons have been inseparable for years. They have visited back and forth forever. I am sure whatever standards the Campanas have match Morton ones. Now Cap'n Brett probably had a coronary.

Vision Forum is dead so I do expect the Calvinist refugees to find new lines in the sand now that L'il Doug is gone.

I still cannot believe Kennedy is pregnant. I still remember when she was a kid in Korea.

Can anyone post links to all these public IGs? I am IG ignernt

30 minutes ago, hollyandivy said:

But she only wore the one dress to get ready, gown for ceremony and reception is the strapless one

shoot you're right. there goes my theory. and yes, if you're wondering, i am embarrassed to have now watched that video multiple times. (speaking of which - i wonder how many of the views will be from FJ vs Real Viewers? i often think about this over in the jrod thread whenever she posts a video. :pb_confused:)

What a normal and actually beautiful wedding. Especially the younger guests seemed to have a lot of fun. It really looked like a good party on the dancefloor.
I can totally imagine that this wasn't the last Campana-Morton wedding we'll see. Alyssa and Sam both have younger siblings that could match.

Did anyone notice on the windows of their getaway car, it actually says "she's sexy" and "he's hot." :TRUCDEOUF: Color me dumbfounded.

3 hours ago, JillyO said:

Did anyone notice on the windows of their getaway car, it actually says "she's sexy" and "he's hot." :TRUCDEOUF: Color me dumbfounded.

I noticed that!  I have to admit I'm pretty dumbfounded by the contrast between this Morton wedding and most of the earlier ones.  I never thought a strapless wedding dress would be OK with any of these people, or even the sleeveless/short bridesmaids dresses for that matter, much less dancing of the normal variety (instead of those called line dances they do/did at the Calathora New Year's balls of yore) and the "sexy/hot" writing on the car.  And I feel creepy and old saying this because if he's 18, it's got to be just barely - but damn, Alyssa did get the best-looking Morton brother, compared to Michael Jr. the Amish serial killer and Andrew the excessively enlarged infant/tomato with blond hair.  

I'm still betting she'll be pregnant within a month, if she's not already.  I'm not willing to give them that much credit yet, but I would love to be surprised.

28 minutes ago, dramallama said:

And I feel creepy and old saying this because if he's 18, it's got to be just barely - but damn, Alyssa did get the best-looking Morton brother, compared to Michael Jr. the Amish serial killer and Andrew the excessively enlarged infant/tomato with blond hair.  

:pb_lol:  Gotta agree with you. I think Wes is kind of cute in a teddy bear kind of way, but I very much preferred a bearded Cleve to a non-bearded one. Andrew... well, let's just say it would be nice to see him once with a combed hair and a non sweaty red face. John is on his way to becoming a very nice looking fella but that's all I dare to say since he's only 16 at most :kitty-shifty:

And yes, I know how toxic these people are and never let myself forget that.

They may be loosening up their image, but their beliefs are still as crazy as they ever were. Like others said, there is no doubt at all that Alyssa will be pregnant ASAP, and that's the core of their belief system; make the babies for god. You know she won't be getting a job or education any time soon; you know they'll live near the compound if not on it; you know he'll continue to work in the family business. And I'd comfortably bet my paycheck that if they come across another family like the Smiths they will have no problem going right back to the misinterpreted, fucked up biblical courting/wedding crap. They seem to adapt to others very well and their toxic values get over amplified when blended with similar values - like their Smith connection. 

I agree it was a beautiful wedding that looked like any other wedding outside fundie land. But, looks mean very little. 

I think this post from the now abandoned Campana blog pretty much tells what these people believe in: http://www.heritagegrowers.blogspot.fi/2014/09/july-osa-2014.html

That was their very typical holiday trip, harassing people outside of Planned Parenthood clinics, making little kids carry those photoshopped plaques, and hanging more propaganda posters on highway bridges. That red t-shirt is a great summary of all their fucked up beliefs: IMG_1691.JPG

on the topic of how normal this wedding was - i couldn't help but compare the size of the wedding to the size of the duggar/bates affairs. if memory serves me correctly, the other smorton weddings were not particularly big, either. is the 800+ wedding guest thing just a special brand of fundie thing, or just a reality TV thing? 

4 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

I think this post from the now abandoned Campana blog pretty much tells what these people believe in: http://www.heritagegrowers.blogspot.fi/2014/09/july-osa-2014.html

That was their very typical holiday trip, harassing people outside of Planned Parenthood clinics, making little kids carry those photoshopped plaques, and hanging more propaganda posters on highway bridges. That red t-shirt is a great summary of all their fucked up beliefs: IMG_1691.JPG

Thank you for this clear reminder that these people are assholes in angels' clothing. 

Here's the bride at the harrassing trip to Planned Parenthood:

IMG_1563.JPG

7 hours ago, dramallama said:

I noticed that!  I have to admit I'm pretty dumbfounded by the contrast between this Morton wedding and most of the earlier ones.  I never thought a strapless wedding dress would be OK with any of these people, or even the sleeveless/short bridesmaids dresses for that matter, much less dancing of the normal variety (instead of those called line dances they do/did at the Calathora New Year's balls of yore) and the "sexy/hot" writing on the car.  And I feel creepy and old saying this because if he's 18, it's got to be just barely - but damn, Alyssa did get the best-looking Morton brother, compared to Michael Jr. the Amish serial killer and Andrew the excessively enlarged infant/tomato with blond hair.  

I'm still betting she'll be pregnant within a month, if she's not already.  I'm not willing to give them that much credit yet, but I would love to be surprised.

Oh, hells no. Cleve, Addie's near identical opposite gender twin, is the hottest Morton brother by far!

3 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Thank you for this clear reminder that these people are assholes in angels' clothing. 

Here's the bride at the harrassing trip to Planned Parenthood:

IMG_1563.JPG

And the bride's pinterest has a board for "pro life"

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Oh, hells no. Cleve, Addie's near identical opposite gender twin, is the hottest Morton brother by far!

And the bride's pinterest has a board for "pro life"

I think Cleve looks kind of...slow.  Not all there.  

Alyssa's sisters' and brother's Instas are full of abortion protest and pro-Kim Davis protest bullshit.  Her brother has a video on Instagram titled something like "Preaching the gospel to the pro-aborts".  

4 hours ago, dramallama said:

I think Cleve looks kind of...slow.  Not all there.  

Alyssa's sisters' and brother's Instas are full of abortion protest and pro-Kim Davis protest bullshit.  Her brother has a video on Instagram titled something like "Preaching the gospel to the pro-aborts".  

Yeah, big, dumb and fun for about 11 minutes = Cleve Morton.

2 hours ago, dramallama said:

Sounds charming.  I'll have to check that out.

5 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

From the post:

Its' rewarding getting to spend late night's with all our pep's!

Erm, errrr.... their SOTDRT is showing.  :pb_redface:

Exactly. No matter what the wedding looks like, this is a family who makes a vacation out of abortion protesting with ugly signs and misinformation full of scare tactics. 

Archived