IGNORED

Mortons are back from Paraguay...

picklepizzas

Didn't I just read "seek the ancient paths" from the keyboard of Joffrey Botkin a day or two ago?

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know we've discussed this before but how is Adeline not married?? She's the perfect SAHD, loves kids, super submissive. I don't get it. I know we've speculated that they kept her home. Maybe she missed a window of opportunity?  I just hope she doesn't end up like Sarah Maxwell,  or worse Tabitha Paine.  

2 hours ago, JMO said:

I know we've discussed this before but how is Adeline not married?? She's the perfect SAHD, loves kids, super submissive. I don't get it. I know we've speculated that they kept her home. Maybe she missed a window of opportunity?  I just hope she doesn't end up like Sarah Maxwell,  or worse Tabitha Paine.  

She might have missed her window when they moved out of the country. Last I heard she is back on the family compound with her parents. Probably helping take care of Katie and her kids. Hopefully some dude will come along before her crazy dad takes her away again.

I'm pretty sure Addie and her parents left to go back to Paraguay over a month ago. Not sure who is looking after Katie and the kids. Maybe that's why Cleve and Lise are at the compound now?

45 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

I'm pretty sure Addie and her parents left to go back to Paraguay over a month ago. Not sure who is looking after Katie and the kids. Maybe that's why Cleve and Lise are at the compound now?

Nah, she's instagramming from the US lately. I'm also surprised she's single. She's quite pretty and has a boatload of sisters-in-law who are surely busy behind the scenes trying to set her up.

I really hope Addie is unmarried because that's her choice, and isn't corralled into a role out of duty.  I really liked her quirky blogs, and I hope she's happy.

20 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Addie & her mom were just visiting. They're both back at the compound now. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2017 at 11:12 AM, HermioneSparrow said:

Kennedy just posted on her insta about the second anniversary of her "betrothal" to Andrew when she agreed to the arranged marriage. I guess it's a joke and maybe she's lurking here.

So glad "she" is happy. Um...is Katie happy right now? Her life is not a joke at the moment. Someone needs to remind this new generation about how CRAZY things have been in the past. When a young adult women can't decide which guy to marry and her dad is proud about that...something is clearly wrong. I hope they all continue to lurk here. Maybe we all can figure each other out!

I am hesitant to call Kennedy out. Her sarcasm at least shows the bubble is expanding. 

Unfortunately, she is joking about the lives of her in-laws and basically shitting on them. Katie, Kressant & Rachel did not marry into Morton-land in the same way she did. While it appears Kressant & Rachel are happy, and have humanity as a factor in their lives, the Smith's & Morton's made their fucked up courting/betrothal/marriage ideas public and tried to sell it - so everyone knows. 

The Morton's are no longer in a Smith web. But, they clearly want a web or they'd never have been sucked in a decade ago in the first place. 

It's good Kennedy had less of a legalistic, fucked up courtship - dating plan. It's good she can make light of it. 

But none of it changes the fact that at least three of her in-laws were not so fortunate; at least three of her in laws were fucked by their parent's absurdities as they used fucked up religion to fuck their offspring. 

It would be more indicative of progress if she could acknowledge what was and what isn't and how 'lucky' she is when it comes to marrying a Morton. She doesn't have a clue, though. She wasn't taught to have a clue. She was taught to do, see, believe what she's been told, in the context of some fucked up bible interpretation.

I don't argue her love for her husband or her life or her choices - or the choices of others that limited what her choices actually were. She actually is very fortunate in the land of Morton marriages. 

They all, however, still have have hateful, ugly views - whether it's harassing women at Planned Parenthood or - this one was fun...they boycotted Beauty & the Beast because of an openly gay character (gasp, the world is ending). 

In the context of Morton life, she is far more fortunate than anyone of her married inlaws. She's had far more choice - on the surface. The Mortons left the Smith crazy train in their dust - apparently though, only because Alan raped a child, not because of their bible thumping or interpretation. 

Out of context, I can't snark on Kennedy.

Within the context of the world she lives in - she's no better off than the child bride betrothed by her great grandfather that she jokes about. 

No education. No independence. No autonomy. Hating others. Willing to degrade and humiliate others. Hate filled. Hiding behind some pre determined, yet constantly changing, version of some god. Making babies before 20. 

I guess I am just torn. The only break between the Mortons & Smith crazy seems to be the rape of a child; everything else, they seem to still be completely on board with. The families they associate with are all the same families with minor 'changes' - yet all still have the same ugly, hate filled, bigoted judgment of humanity and they all still believe they are better and special. 

I hope she is happy and remains happy. But, I don't hold out for that. She doesn't have the option of discovering 'something else' later, after being a teenaged bride and mother. She is what she is in the world she is in. 

Less disturbing than the life of her sisters in law, but still disturbing. 

I have to apologize. I'd had a few drinks yesterday before I found myself writing the above wall of nonsensical text. 

I was trying to make too many points at once without the sober brain to do so. 

just another fun reminder of the mortons' fairly recent involvement in "biblical betrothal": 

http://www.toledoblade.com/Religion/2008/03/01/Biblical-betrothal-seen-as-way-to-stem-divorce.html

PS WOW either kressant or rachael was only 17 when they got married!? (and also lolz that the captain is a) a licensed sea captain and b ) was presenting himself as this expert on betrothal bc of the three successful betrothals in his family...but no mention of the fact they were all with the SAME family *eye roll*). 

John Morton has a pic on his IG with Katie saying 'she's hot'. 

That's it, right there.

These people blur the lines of love. 

Love of family is not the same as love of partner. Not. At. All.

I would never, ever share a pic with a sibling and refer to him/her as 'hot'. Unless it was his/her wedding/engagement/whatever with a partner and I called the couple hot. 

Creepy. Dangerous. Wrong.

Did I miss Alan's trial date/plea deal/sublime reaffirmation of his complete innocence or whatevs?

edit : nevermind i see he is being discussed in another thread

Gotta say Katie looks good in the recent picture, and much, much more modern I've ever seen her before. And, wtf am I seeing: she's wearing PANTS!!!! I know fundies in pants doesn't necessarily mean anything, but Katie is one of the least likely persons to ditch her skirts and dresses. What's next, Addie in jeans or sweatpants??

Katie's been wearing pants a lot lately, and actually Addie's been wearing jeans with longer shirts/tunics lately (per addie's instagram)! 

6 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Gotta say Katie looks good in the recent picture, and much, much more modern I've ever seen her before. And, wtf am I seeing: she's wearing PANTS!!!! I know fundies in pants doesn't necessarily mean anything, but Katie is one of the least likely persons to ditch her skirts and dresses. What's next, Addie in jeans or sweatpants??

I have seen pics of Addie in jeans. Not often, but a few times. 

The Mortons have definitely lightened up on the godly dresses only thing. I wouldn't doubt Alan was the one who made Katie stay in dresses/skirts. The Smiths are still further into that particular rule than the Mortons, although I have seen Maddy & Sitara both in pants - less often than Addie, but still. And Bethany went racing to the store after her marriage to get pretty much nothing but pants. 

Anyway. Their clothing may be changing but they're still dangerous fundamentalists who'd strip away any of our rights in a second if they could.

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

I have seen pics of Addie in jeans. Not often, but a few times. 

The Mortons have definitely lightened up on the godly dresses only thing. I wouldn't doubt Alan was the one who made Katie stay in dresses/skirts. The Smiths are still further into that particular rule than the Mortons, although I have seen Maddy & Sitara both in pants - less often than Addie, but still. And Bethany went racing to the store after her marriage to get pretty much nothing but pants. 

Anyway. Their clothing may be changing but they're still dangerous fundamentalists who'd strip away any of our rights in a second if they could.

You are absolutely right, but seeing families like the Morton's getting somewhat closer to the "worldly world" (and even if for now it just means women in pants) makes me hope that there is at least some form of progression. You can never now from, since no one from this forum interacts with them in real life, but IMHO opinion this could hopefully be a baby step closer to the real world. 

Jeanine appears to be down in Paraguay per her IG. I'm assuming that Michael is with her since she almost never travels without him. 

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Martha, Tayte and baby Zandry are leaving Ohio to go back to Georgia. A lot of moving in the Morton family if you ask me. I wonder if they'll move onto the compound. There are probably some vacant houses since some of the older Mortons left for Paraguay.

Archived